Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chronic thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I would be lying if I said I didn't want to see something different from the run of the mill family dramas on Indian TV....but I don't think, with all due respect,  Rajan is the guy to do it....He has his own niche of storytelling that he's good at building...and for him to lauch into a totally different genre and produce something aside from a family show just to satisfy people like me would just not work! He should leave that up to other storytellers/creators.......

However, having said this, I still would like to see something different in YRKKH....It would be interesting if after the lead couple get married they go off to live on their own in some other city and try to settle themselves....the show could focus on the many hardships newlyweds (especially those in an arranged marriage) face when they move into a completely new place far from their families, trying to adapt themselves into a faster, more modern, more stressful lifestyle, while still trying to maintain their original, old school, traditional identity........or something  
Edited by chronic - 15 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
@Shugs: Thanks yaar! Yes, we have to still wait and see how the show turns out to be but I am expecting good things from Rajan Shahi's team based on his past field of work😊

@Shumi: LOL...yaar, I think we've both discussed many times in the past how much we'd like to see different kinds of shows being attemptedπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

And I agree with your point that Rajan Shahi....especially at this point of his career....is not the exact person I can picture attempting an Indian CSI/Law and Order/LostπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

His niche is showing family relationships in a beautiful endearing manner...and those are my expectations from Yeh Rishta as of now.

As for the rest, I also think that obviously it won't be exactly the same kind of married life as portrayed in Bidaai....they will show the stories with their own distinct flavor I'm sure, while keeping that basic value system that is a part of a Rajan Shahi production intact.

Btw, I don't think they'll go off to live on their ownπŸ˜†.....they need the families in the mix to add the masalaπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†.....

Maybe some other show out there will attempt that.....πŸ˜›πŸ˜†
chronic thumbnail
Awww, Anu.....Why must you shatter my hope of seeing the first married couple on TV living on their own and starting a nuclear family?

Well anyways, I guess it's difficult to say at this point how the show will be, but I agree that there's every reason to expect the same kind of sensitive portrayal of relationships, well rounded characters and simple, yet relateable storylines as with bidaai...

Edited by chronic - 15 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL Shumi, I know how much you want Saalekh to move out from the Rajvansh house too, haina??? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†.....yaar, to get to see those kind of nuclear families, we need to watch some other showπŸ˜†....in magnum opus family dramas like this, the family is ALWAYS there!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.....

btw, LOVE your SD avi! Divyanka looks soooooooo cute!

Edited by nureat01 - 15 years ago
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ibrahim94

I really Don't think you should have brought EKTA in this, we all know her shows are sinking ND setting an Bad Example For Our Society But its okaii

its people Opinion ..
I quite agree with you ... the show seems intresting and Plus Bidaai and Balika Badhu has got another Competitor .

I cant wait for 2moro

I cant wait for tomrow to Imran...
yes BV giving tought competion but its okay both shows are amazing but gues now Ye ristha starting i havw feelings this gona rock like Bidaai didπŸ˜ƒ

About the new concept its nice rajan ji is great
like this ppl can learn something
u know wat i mean
chronic thumbnail
Not just Saalekh, RagVir too....life would be so much easier for both of them if they just move out.........*sigh*.....alas, the format of the show would never allow such a thing to happen....

And thank you...Divyanka sure does look adorable....

-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: desigrl05

As for Ekta shows, its really unpredictable if the jodi is going to break up/die/reincarnate/get possesed lol... Actually, she does have something going for her or why else is she so successful today? I like some of her shows... but every director/producer is different and we should appreciate the different flavors they bring on screen

But the thing about rajan shahi that I really like is that he highlights the fact of the value of sanskaars and sanskriti that many youths don't have today [not bashing anyone just general saying]

I like how he shows the importance of religion and culture to today is sometimes diluted to unimportance

you know what i agre there is alot of shows of ekta was very good
like kabhu sauten , kundali and many mores they already ended that time she was suing her brain but now days dont knoww happeend
she is repeating same story
maybe Bollywodd changing tahst why
it affects her too lolz
-Grace- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
First of all im shocked to see you here.

anyways back to the point.
I LOVE RS shows, they are unique and without any villains etc.

I fully agree with you.

But I really hope Yeh Rishta doesnt become a Saas bahu show as they are already giving hints on Gayatri's strictness.

btw you also watch Yeh Rishta? or just made an entry to post this hehe...

aish_punk thumbnail
Well i agree..!..Rajan Shahid makes family dramas n gives a simple touch to it without any major complications..!..they are vry realistic also..

K-shows are changing now..!..u cant deny that..with KIT n KMH..but the earlier ones were sorta the same with all the evil villains n reincarnation n evrytyn...
FreeBird03 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: blushpink13

First of all im shocked to see you here.

anyways back to the point.
I LOVE RS shows, they are unique and without any villains etc.

I fully agree with you.

But I really hope Yeh Rishta doesnt become a Saas bahu show as they are already giving hints on Gayatri's strictness.

btw you also watch Yeh Rishta? or just made an entry to post this hehe...

Iqra...dont be too shocked...check the date πŸ˜†

YRKKH wasnt even launched then...πŸ˜›

n anu used to be a big bidaai fan back then...(me too...!! u can see my reply there tooπŸ˜›)..haha..so we all bidaai fans were looking forward to YRKKH! but now we neither watch bidaai nor yrkkh! ....both the serials are very disappointing... bidaai was great before...this post was made then... πŸ˜› YRKKH for me personally started well.. i liked it till naitik's entry.. after that i just lost interest..the lead pair didnt click for me... i cant find any chemistry b/w them.. just my pov! 😊