Maa

~*~Maa Article Archive~*~

Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 15 years ago

Post all articles relating to Maa here...

IF Dev Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yuvika_15 thumbnail

Maa to debut on Zee TV

Zee TV announces the launch of 'Maa', a story about the struggles of three siblings who suddenly find themselves stripped of the shade and protection of their mother's caring arms.  Sacrifice, care, warmth, patience, tolerance, tenderness, shelter, etc come together to form the perfect image of a Mother who stands in the face of challenges in life. Destiny intervenes and separates the mother and children from each other. 'Maa' is about this very severing of the maternal bond and the tribulations that arise thereof. The show debuts on 12th January 2009 and is scheduled from Mon-Fri at 7.00pm.

Maa replaces 'Vivaah' on this time slot.
Speaking on the launch, Zee TV Business Head Mr. Tarun Mehra said, "The channel has made successful shows with various subjects like social issues, political stigmas, paranormal forces, mythology and comedy but a topic like this was never touched before with such depth. We thought of starting the New Year with a propitious subject. The word 'Maa' spells purity and piety. The story is a mother's description of her trials and endeavors to create a happy family; the story of the children's suffering when they realize that they have been separated from their mother. The character of Maa is being essayed by Chitrapama who makes her comeback to the small screen after a hiatus of 6 years. She was earlier seen in shows like Thodi si bewafai, Kamini Damini, the popular movie Deewanapan and also was the lead in a Tamil movie. We have Amar Upadhyay playing her husband and three young kids, again popular faces on Indian television, Aditi, Shyam and Hirak who form the Bharadwaj family based out of Mumbai."

Adding further he said, "Our byline reads, 'Dhoop mein thandi chaav' and literally translates to a mothers caring hand in the face of adversity. The timeslot for the show is from Monday-Friday at 7pm and is meant to strengthen our prime time."

Story
The show is about Apara's tirade against society and her three children's suffering in the light of the fact that they are separated from her safety. Circumstances force Apara and her children to seek refuge in another house and how she overcomes the obstacles and tries to come out unscathed and unmarred, at the same time not letting go of her family's honor.

Source: http://www.realbollywood.com/news/2009/01/maa.html
Edited by Yuvika_15 - 15 years ago
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Jhanvi Cheddha in Zee's Maa...

Tellybuzz Article

wonderman thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=3828
Zee TV launches a show that attempts to highlight a mother's significance in our lives. The show debuts on 12th January 2009 and is scheduled from Mon-Fri at 7.00pm.

Zee TV announces the launch of 'Maa', a story about the struggles of three siblings who suddenly find themselves stripped of the shade and protection of their mother's caring arms.  Sacrifice, care, warmth, patience, tolerance, tenderness, shelter, etc come together to form the perfect image of a Mother who stands in the face of challenges in life. Destiny intervenes and separates the mother and children from each other. 'Maa' is about this very severing of the maternal bond and the tribulations that arise thereof. The show debuts on 12th January 2009 and is scheduled from Mon-Fri at 7.00pm.

Maa replaces 'Vivaah' on this time slot.

Speaking on the launch, Zee TV Business Head Mr. Tarun Mehra said, "The channel has made successful shows with various subjects like social issues, political stigmas, paranormal forces, mythology and comedy but a topic like this was never touched before with such depth. We thought of starting the New Year with a propitious subject. The word 'Maa' spells purity and piety. The story is a mother's description of her trials and endeavors to create a happy family; the story of the children's suffering when they realize that they have been separated from their mother. The character of Maa is being essayed by Chitrapama who makes her comeback to the small screen after a hiatus of 6 years. She was earlier seen in shows like Thodi si bewafai, Kamini Damini, the popular movie Deewanapan and also was the lead in a Tamil movie. We have Amar Upadhyay playing her husband and three young kids, again popular faces on Indian television, Aditi, Shyam and Hirak who form the Bharadwaj family based out of Mumbai."

Adding further he said, "Our byline reads, 'Dhoop mein thandi chaav' and literally translates to a mothers caring hand in the face of adversity. The timeslot for the show is from Monday-Friday at 7pm and is meant to strengthen our prime time."

Brief Story:

The show is about Apara's tirade against society and her three children suffering in the light of the fact that they are separated from her safety. Circumstances force Apara and her children to seek refuge in another house and how she overcomes the obstacles and tries to come out unscathed and unmarred, at the same time not letting go of her family's honor.

So tune in to 'Maa' starting on 12th January 2009 every Mon-Fri at 7pm only on Zee TV..

lovepyar08 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Maa on Zee TV

The show that attempts to highlight a mother's significance in our lives debuts on 12th January 2009 and is scheduled from Monday - Friday at 7.00pm (UAE).
'Maa', a story about the struggles of three siblings who suddenly find themselves stripped of the shade and protection of their mother's caring arms. Sacrifice, care, warmth, patience, tolerance, tenderness, shelter, etc come together to form the perfect image of a Mother who stands in the face of challenges in life. Destiny intervenes and separates the mother and children from each other. 'Maa' is about this very severing of the maternal bond and the tribulations that arise thereof.

Speaking on the launch, Zee TV Content Head, Mr. Rajeev Kheror said, "The channel has made successful shows with various subjects like social issues, political stigmas, paranormal forces, mythology and comedy but a topic like this was never touched before with such depth. We thought of starting the New Year with a propitious subject. The word 'Maa' spells purity and piety. The story is a mother's description of her trials and endeavors to create a happy family; the story of the children's suffering when they realize that they have been separated from their mother. The character of Maa is being essayed by Chitrapama who makes her comeback to the small screen after a hiatus of 6 years. She was earlier seen in shows like Thodi Si bewafai, Kamini Damini, the popular movie Deewanapan and also was the lead in a Tamil movie. We have Amar Upadhyay playing her husband and three young kids, again popular faces on Indian television, Aditi, Shyam and Hirak who form the Bharadwaj family based out of Mumbai."
Adding further he said, "Our byline reads, 'Dhoop mein thandi chaav' and literally translates to a mothers caring hand in the face of adversity.
Story briefly

The show is about Apara's tirade against society and her three children's suffering in the light of the fact that they are separated from her safety. Circumstances force Apara and her children to seek refuge in another house and how she overcomes the obstacles and tries to come out unscathed and unmarred, at the same time not letting go of her family's honor.

Edited by lovepyar08 - 15 years ago
lovepyar08 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
'Maa', a new Zee TV show about motherhood!

by Tellywatch News Desk

Jan 12, 2009, Mumbai  

Zee TV has a new show, 'Maa', which highlights the significance of a mother in our lives. It is a story about the struggles of three siblings who find themselves stripped of the protection of their mother's caring arms.

Sacrifice, care, warmth, patience, tolerance, tenderness and shelter come together to form the image of a mother who stands strong in the face of difficult challenges in life. Destiny intervenes and separates the mother and children from each other. 'Maa' is about the severing of the maternal bond and the tribulations that arise.

Zee TV Business Head Tarun Mehra said: "The channel has made successful shows with subjects like social issues, political stigmas, paranormal forces, mythology and comedy but a topic like this has not touched upon with such depth. We thought of starting the New Year with a propitious subject. The word 'Maa' spells purity and piety. The story is a mother's description of her trials and endeavours to create a happy family; the story of the children's suffering when they realise that they have been separated from their mother.

"The character of Maa is being essayed by Chitrapama who makes her comeback to the small screen after a hiatus of six years. She was earlier seen in shows like 'Thodi Si Bewafai', 'Kamini Damini', the popular movie 'Deewanapan' and was the lead in a Tamil movie as well. We have Amar Upadhyay playing her husband and the three young kids are popular faces on Indian television, Aditi, Shyam and Hirak, who form the Bharadwaj family based out of Mumbai."

Mehra added: "Our tagline reads, 'Dhoop Mein Thandi Chaav' and literally translates to a mother's caring hand in the face of adversity. The timeslot for the show is from Monday to Friday at 7pm and is meant to strengthen our prime time."

What to expect:

The show is about Apara's tirade against society and her three children's suffering in light of the fact that they are separated from her. Circumstances force Apara and her children to seek refuge in another house and the series deals with how she overcomes obstacles and tries to come out unscathed while safeguarding her family's honour.

'Maa' replaces 'Vivaah' in the 7pm time slot. The show debuts on Monday and runs on weekdays.

wonderman thumbnail
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/tube-talk/436010/

Mum's the word!
Mum's the word!
In conversation with Chitrapama, who plays Apara on Zee TV's Maa

How did you bag this role?
I was trying to make a comeback for a while now. I have worked with Neelima Bhattacharya (Shakuntalam Films) before. They had me in mind for this particular role. So, when they called me and narrated the concept I associated with it immediately. Given the fact that I had just become a mother, it appealed to me all the more.

Do you feel working in a daily soap hampers your personal life especially now that you have a baby?
Well not really because now I have achieved the work-life balance. My baby accompanies me to the sets. So I'm able to tend to her needs whenever required. Rather I would say right now I am enjoying the best of both the worlds. I feel more complete as a woman.

How much do you relate to the character of Apara in Maa ?
I relate to the character completely. In fact, I feel it was etched for me only. I am pretty much the same in my real life as well. I am a home bird. I love children and love tending to the needs of my family.

How has it been to work with your co-stars Amar Upadhyaya and Vinit Raina?
It has been wonderful! Both of them have been very helpful, especially Amar. Since he was playing the role of my husband in the show, he helped a lot to build up the husband-wife chemistry between us. Vinit is more playful in nature. He keeps on playing pranks whereas Amar is more serious types.

Reality Shows seem to be the flavour of the season. Have you considered being a part of these?
So far, I have not been approached for any reality show. But given an offer, I'm definitely game for it since I love both singing and dancing.

Any plans for the big screen?
Well, right now Maa is eating up all my time. But if I do get a worthy enough role I'll definitely consider.

What is your dream role?
Nothing as such. Whatever I do, I put my heart and soul into it. I am totally a director's actor hence at the end of the day if I can make my audience relate to my character, my job is done.

wonderman thumbnail
The actor who was recently seen in Maa is off to Jammu and Kashmir for a much needed vacation..

Vineet Raina who got to fame with Maayka is all set for a long vacation. The actor who was last seen in Maa is visiting Jammu and Kashmir to be with his family.

"I'm leaving for my home town by the end of the month. It's been a year since I have seen my family", says Vineet.

The actor misses home made food. "My mom makes yummy Kashmiri food and I really miss that. I am just waiting to go back and bounce on those delicacies. I had been cutting on diet but now nothing can stop me," he says with a smile on his face.

"During Maa I was very regular with my gym activities and was calorie conscious too. My character sketch was of a boxer, so had to do the heavy duty training. Now as the show is over, I want to relax. I will be visiting Vaishnodevi temple too with my family," he chirps.

When asked what's cooking for him on television the actor replies, "For now there is nothing. I will only take new projects after coming back from my vacation which of 15 to 20 days. I am waiting to see what Zee TV offers me next. At the same time, I'm pitching on Star Plus and COLORS too, so let's wait and watch," he concludes.

Well the lad is surely in holiday mood for now.

Reporter and Author: Rachana Trivedi

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=4493

wonderman thumbnail

"Maa" lead Chitrapamaa burry's the hatchet

April 20th, 2009 - 9:15 pm ICT by sampurn -

Chitrapamaa who plays the role of Maa apparently got livid with her co actor Vineet Raina. Vineet in good humor played a prank on his on-screen Bhabi, Chitrapama, which didn't go down too well with the lady. It so happened that on one of the Sundays when it was Chitrpama's off, Vineet called her up faking the voice of the show's scheduler. He informed her about the new timetable and asked her to report on the sets.

Naturally she was disheartened, as she was looking forward to spending the day with her spouse and her little daughter. She had no choice, but to report on the sets and turned up only to find out that it was a prank played on her.

Turned out that Vineet sensed the displeasure and pretty much made up for the prank by secretly arranging for a small, private bash. On learning about his noble intentions, they soon called for a patch up.

All's well that end's well Amen to that. -Sampurn Media