Tujhe sab hai pata meri Maa Lubna Salim

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
Tujhe sab hai pata meri Maa
A glimpse into the world of celebrity moms

As we progress towards a global world where gender, caste, creed and country do not matter in the professional world, one of the biggest challenges women face today is how to balance their personal and work life. With increasing expectations from both sides, today's working mother finds herself struggling hard to maintain the balance. The situation gets worse in the television industry where work schedules are erratic and hours inhuman. We spoke to some of the celebrity moms from the television industry on how they are coping with this challenge.

Lubna Salim (Baa Bahoo Aur Baby):

Lubna Salim with sons Farhaz and FaizeeThis problem is faced by all working mothers, irrespective of the industry they work in. I feel the magnitude of the problem depends on the age group of the child. Once the child grows up, the problem reduces. I have two kids  Farhaz and Faizee who study in class seven and nine respectively. Both of them have been in hostels for a long time.

Since both my kids liked outdoor games from their childhood, and there was no grounds near to the place where we lived, we decided to put them in a hostel. Of course, there were some other personal reasons also for which we got them admitted to the Bishop School in Pune. They stayed in the hostel for a long time and have grown up well. My elder child has come back and is with me now. The younger one is still in the hostel.

I feel, for working mothers, no matter how many maids you have, unless your husband helps, it is not going to be smooth. My husband, being from the same industry understood my constraints and helped me a lot. But we have to face the fact that a 24 X 7 job is not possible for the mother. For a child a mother is more important than anyone else and she needs to spend a lot more time than anyone else. I strongly feel that if working mothers think that they do not have the time to spend with the child, they should not conceive.

erm just wundered whose her husband?😊
Originally posted by junayd

erm just wundered whose her husband?😊

Her husband's name is Salim Arif.