Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: Rajnish_Kumar

Ok a question just for fun............

Which character From Ramanand sagar Ramayan Found BR chopra Mahabharat very very Great and went there at ones ๐Ÿ˜›

I think you are talking about Dara Singh. He played Hanumanji in Ramayan and Mahabharat as well๐Ÿ˜ƒ
_rajnish_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aradhana87

I think you are talking about Dara Singh. He played Hanumanji in Ramayan and Mahabharat as well๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yes you are right, but i wonder why Ramanand sagar din't took him to play hanuman in his Sri Krishna, Here is a scene of Hanuman from Sri Krishna
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIKwauw5Myc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Aradhana87 thumbnail
I also dont know that. Maybe health problems๐Ÿ˜ณ
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Rajnish_Kumar

Yes you are right, but i wonder why Ramanand sagar din't took him to play hanuman in his Sri Krishna, Here is a scene of Hanuman from Sri Krishna
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIKwauw5Myc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

This clip is from the later part of Shri Krishna. Ramanand Sagar was only the sole director of the serial till Swapnil Joshi was there. After that, he became extremely ill and could not continue the serial. I heard there had been a break in the telecast at the time (around 1991), but after awhile, Ramanand Sagar's sons (Anand Sagar and Moti Sagar) continued the serial with Sarvadaman Banerjee, with Ramanand Sagar only writing part of the script since he was not feeling well enough to continue the serial himself.

Without Ramanand Sagar as the sole director, the quality of the serial dropped significantly and also, many of the characters were miscasted (esp the Kauravas and half the Pandavas). I am thinking that had Ramanand Sagar still directed the show, Dara Singh would have been contacted and returned as Hanumanji, but Anand and Moti Sagar hurried the serial and didn't work as hard as their father in choosing the perfect actors or contacting some of the classic old actors of Ramayan.๐Ÿค”
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

This clip is from the later part of Shri Krishna. Ramanand Sagar was only the sole director of the serial till Swapnil Joshi was there. After that, he became extremely ill and could not continue the serial. I heard there had been a break in the telecast at the time (around 1991), but after awhile, Ramanand Sagar's sons (Anand Sagar and Moti Sagar) continued the serial with Sarvadaman Banerjee, with Ramanand Sagar only writing part of the script since he was not feeling well enough to continue the serial himself.

Without Ramanand Sagar as the sole director, the quality of the serial dropped significantly and also, many of the characters were miscasted (esp the Kauravas and half the Pandavas). I am thinking that had Ramanand Sagar still directed the show, Dara Singh would have been contacted and returned as Hanumanji, but Anand and Moti Sagar hurried the serial and didn't work as hard as their father in choosing the perfect actors or contacting some of the classic old actors of Ramayan.๐Ÿค”

Dind ding ding!!! (lol forgive me, I'm watching prices right - late class today, I'm not ditching)
Right on Lalitha, couldn't have said it better myself ๐Ÿ‘ The junior Sagars did away with a lot of their father's perfect selections, like Dara "Hanuman" Singh and the guy who played Shivji in both Ramayan and Shri Krishna - honestly forgot to mention when you asked, but I do picture him as the real Shiv Bhagwan! He looks and sounds so gentle yet omniscient type ๐Ÿ˜† Also the subtle Narad was traded in for a stereotypical cartoon-like one, and the quality of everyone's dubbing and costumes went down the tank. Booo! ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ
MagadhSundari thumbnail

Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Wooow, I LOVE the meaning of the song, since it can apply to anyone when they feel sadness in their life! Thanks a lot Lola, you did a GREAT job!๐Ÿ˜› This is another song which will be going into my MP3.

Thanks hon! Glad you liked it!! Its also one of my fav songs for when I'm down; immediate reality check ๐Ÿ˜†
In the VHSes and the dailymotion link, Vasudev's little breakdown at the end is followed by a really nice lecture by RS on the same topic as the song (he did that after every 2-3 eps in both our fav shows, this one along with the one he delivers after Sita's swayamvar abt Parshuram's pride and Janak's humility, and also the one after Putna is killed/saved, are particularly awesome and enhance the meaning of the episodes). You, should def check it out, I'll translate if necessary ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Yes Shri Krishna after Sarvadamans entry looks so different.
Yes lola ur right about dubbing. Everyones voice changes in every epidose.
Only SD has his own voice but not last 5-6 episodes๐Ÿ˜ณ
MagadhSundari thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aradhana87

Yes Shri Krishna after Sarvadamans entry looks so different.

Yes lola ur right about dubbing. Everyones voice changes in every epidose.
Only SD has his own voice but not last 5-6 episodes๐Ÿ˜ณ

Yep, and how about all that red eyeshadow towards the end... very scary! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: lola610

Esp during the Bhagwad Gita episodes, and the whole Mahabharat part of the serial in general, I kept comparing Sarvadaman with Nitish though I tried to stop, and you can probably tell who won. Nitish did the whole serial with so much feeling and enthusiasm, and esp during the war episodes of MB, it kept our eyes glued to the screen. Sarvadaman lacked the enthusiasm and grace Nitish had. Had RS done the entire serial himself, I bet he would have chosen someone like Nitish for older Krishna, or...since SD was there since the beginnign of the serial, RS would have trained him to have the refined grace of Nitish.

It was also painful to see the Kauravas expressions during Draupadi's Vastra Haran. Anyone feel the same? All the Kauravas in MB had such powerful 'true kshatriya' expressions, esp Duryodhan and Karn. Also, no one can match the skill of MB's Shakuni.

But I have to give the later part of Shri Krishna some credit: it was 100x better that Kekta's KHMK.๐Ÿ˜†
Aradhana87 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lola610

Yes really scary..it started with too much foundation then everyones make up got messed up๐Ÿ˜•
Even in brahma vishnu mahesh everyones make up is scary๐Ÿ˜ฒ