ArHi SS: Heartbeat Radio - Completed - Page 17

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by sonakshimehta29

I nly hav one wrd..WOW..
dis story is beyond amazinn..dey hurt each oder..bt cannot live without each oder..m actually glad i read dis story in one go..
Ill b lukin frwrd fr d updates!
😊 πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you :) I don't think they wantonly want to hurt each other. Its in their nature of self preservation which brings out the worst in them when they are together.

Originally posted by socrazy

Beautiful use of words to weave a picture. 

Thank you...
Originally posted by Kishmish

Just came across this FF ... thank you  Meera (EIT)... 
looking forward  to reading it  ... 

Thank you for coming by :)

And thanks Meera!
Originally posted by amaypranay

First and foremost...A big thx to Meera for recommending this...

Read it all in one go...your Arnav and khushi are just amazing...visualized moments in IPK...through your story...which is super feisty. ...And superbly penned...

Heartbeat  Radio...speaks and sings it's all...fabulous ...just waiting and wanting more...way to good for words...Brilliant!

Thanks to Meera too :-)

Thanks for coming back to this and giving it a shot. Much appreciated :)

12.  Cross road

Your name is a splinter inside me; a thorn stuck so deep and a scar so raw and red. Like an open wound never managing to heal.

She wanted him to notice that something was wrong with her and at the same  time leave the hell her alone. Feelings were more paradoxical and less fun to deal with.

"Where are you off to?" Arnav asks NK, dangling car keys in front of him. NK, Arnav's cousin, was a distant echo of the older man. NK's dimples deepens.

"Khushi needs to buy stuff. So I am taking her out to buy stuff. For the you know...stuff happening tonight?" His eyes are dancing in amusement.

Arnav fails to see one.

"My driver will take you two. You aren't equipped to drive on Indian roads NK," Arnav pockets the keys. He studiously ignores Khushi who is standing only few steps behind NK.

"Arnav, I think I will be fine driving here given how this isn't my first time. Now hand me the keys," NK said making 'gimme' hands at Arnav.

Arnav stares at NK and past his shoulder at Khushi who has finally looks up after having a silent conversation with her shoes. "Don't take unnecessary risks while you are spending your vacation here NK." He swallows noisily when he notices Khushi's glare.

Something heavy like steel settles in his stomach, seeing NK and Khushi together. Its way worse than the first time he saw the two laughing and dissolved in smiles. It had then felt like an unsigned betrayal but now it feels like misery has shrouded his heart and continues to claws through it everytime he as much
as takes a look at her.

He holds up his hand when NK opens his mouth to argue, eyebrows scrunched and annoyed at his cousin's blatant rejection to let him to things his way. "Just...drive safe and..." Arnav waved his hand in Khushi's general direction as if his hand gesture could be translated to 'keep her safe'.

He cannnot decipher the look in her eyes when he throws the keys at NK who catches it deftully with a cheer.

Lavanya chooses that moment to come and swiftly smacks a kiss on his cheek. Arnav turns and smiles at her - all teeth, lacking the humane element a smile demands and snakes an arm around her waist.

An established couple on one side and a slow-burn to couple-dom on the other. A part of couple on each side hover over the invisible boundaries - pushing, pulling...embracing.

It seems like they have reached yet another stalemate in this endless game of chess with hearts and minds as board and checkers.

He knew then, that, two people in this game would get irrevocably hurt and heartbroken. He prayed to the dieties his grandmother and his sister prayed to that he wouldn't be one of those two.

And added a prayer that neither would she be.

Edited by greenteaholic - 10 years ago
I don't know what to say. Locking these two up together is beginning to seem more and more attractive.  πŸ˜†

Those lines about two couples on both sides of an invisible boundary...powerful image. The constantly shifting dynamics between these two, and the aftermath that is sure to occur- Arnav's awareness of it  should have been comforting, but strangely isn't. At this point, his little prayer for himself and Khushi makes him seem almost like a fatalist. Like he has resigned himself to let the chips fall where they may. But it is never that simple, is it? One day all this misery will fester and ooze out and burn. Become a reality which can no longer be hidden away and ignored.

For me, this chapter is called 'Nasoor' . :-)
Edited by StripePurple - 10 years ago
Powerful wish there Arnav especially when you are both as powerless in the face of that invisible thread holding then together. Be back for more later
I think I've said this before, but let me say it again, you are a genius with words! I couldn't comment on the previous chapter, but here I am!
Your writing evokes the same feeling, has the same tension as the show did in the beginning till the contract marriage track! Its what was missing, eventually in the show, but we get to see that in an alternate universe, here(perhaps the one that was meant to be, but never shown in the show)! Its beautiful! Your writing is beautiful! You have preserved the essence of Arnav-Khushi, yet gone beyond what we all were shown, to tap into the raw potential these two shared which was not, fully utilized!
Edited by archana.mh17 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by StripePurple

I don't know what to say. Locking these two up together is beginning to seem more and more attractive.  πŸ˜†

Those lines about two couples on both sides of an invisible boundary...powerful image. The constantly shifting dynamics between these two, and the aftermath that is sure to occur- Arnav's awareness of it  should have been comforting, but strangely isn't. At this point, his little prayer for himself and Khushi makes him seem almost like a fatalist. Like he has resigned himself to let the chips fall where they may. But it is never that simple, is it? One day all this misery will fester and ooze out and burn. Become a reality which can no longer be hidden away and ignored.

For me, this chapter is called 'Nasoor' . :-)

True. One day its all going to ooze out and like Meera said in an earlier comment, its going to be supernova-y proportion :) What's Nasoor? Between them things aren't simple. Had it been simple, all they need is a simple conversation which goes like:

Arnav: You like me?
Khushi: Yes. You?
Arnav: Yes.
Khushi. Okay. Good. What's next?
Arnav: Lets move on.
Khushi: Okay. Awesome.
Arnav: Cool.

The End.

:-)
A wish dat ill b fulfilled purely by god for arnav..
😊 πŸ˜ƒ