Fan Fictions

ArHi SS: Heartbeat Radio - Completed - Page 15

greenteaholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
11. Separation

I cut up words from blotted aged newspaper with yellowed edges and coffee stains, and stick them on my bedroom window, echoing all the bad decisions I have made in my life and decorated on the walls for the world to see.

Things just goes downhill from that moment on.

If Arnav looked irritated and annoyed at her before, now he looks positively seething. He makes sure he isn't in same room as Khushi as if her very presence offends him. And when they are forced to be in the same room with enough adult supervision, Arnav plays it cool and adds copious amount of indifference to the mix. She doesn't know what hurts her the most - the anger or the indifference. She secretly knows it was the later.

"You are in my way," he bit out seeing Khushi with armful of flowers standing right in front of him.

"And I guess its not possible for you to step aside for a moment to let me pass or just walk around me, yeah?" Khushi's entire stance looks tired and it shows in her voice.

Arnav licks his lips and takes a moment to gather the right words to hit home. He ignores the fact that it doesn't take him too long to find the right words. Or were they wrong words? He doesn't know anymore.

"Merely maintaining employer-employee relationship here. So. Get out of my way." He swallowed words that were more bitter and harsh. He tried and failed to be more hurtful than he wanted to be.

But is met with...silence.

The silence was profound like hovering at the edge of his consciousness and tugged his mind. Khushi looked at him blankly, wordlessly. She steps aside without the usual chatter sprouting thousand inane things that were a shield against moments like these. When she is yelling, shouting and throwing words at him, he grasps them in his shaky hands and holds on to them.

She doesn't look helpless but merely defeated.

She steps aside and allows him to pass. He smirks in response, the malice never reaching his eyes. His eyes cloud when a slow smile spreads across her face and for a moment he is confused. This isn't how they work. This isn't even their thing. He falters when he realizes she is looking beyond his shoulder. He gives into his damned curiosity and whips around to see his cousin, NK, baring pearly whites at her.

A snarl leaves his ribcage but he swallows it painfully.  When he turns to look at her, he sees that she isn't even looking at him anymore.

The sibilant shrieks she reserved for him had finally run out.

When he walks past her he muses idly if they are finally at a point where they can never talk to each other without hurting one another in the process.

He looks back when he turns towards staircase and catches the waft of laughter carried by the breeze.

"My heart cant beat properly if I cannot feel you in my veins," he says mostly to himself.

She turns around at that very moment as if she heard what he said. Without giving her a beat of recognition, he walks away in opposite direction.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Oh they can hurt each other, can they not?

And maybe that is the way passion brews between some people. Two forces that meet only to destroy everything in their wake, including themselves. 

Sometimes I wonder if anything positive can ever germinate from such a collision. And then someone reminds me of the way the world came into being

Maybe the big bang really is around the corner. And somewhere, in the fire between them, lies a suspended particle.
StripePurple thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Everything I could have said, Meera already did, and so much more beautifully.  

Those small snippets in the beginning, I think I love them much more than what comes later.This one was especially beautiful.

I wonder what would happen if these two were locked up in a room together, and just left there. Forever. [With sustenance, but let's just leave out reality, shall we?] What would they do? It might even be amusing to watch.

Bring out the masks. It will spare us the shame of having to look into the other's eyes.
Edited by StripePurple - 10 years ago
amaypranay thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Res...

Just got back...from Mumbai...

Catching up in the forum...looking forward to this read...sounds fabulous!

Will definitely unRes...soon!

greenteaholic thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: meera30

Oh they can hurt each other, can they not?

And maybe that is the way passion brews between some people. Two forces that meet only to destroy everything in their wake, including themselves. 

Sometimes I wonder if anything positive can ever germinate from such a collision. And then someone reminds me of the way the world came into being

Maybe the big bang really is around the corner. And somewhere, in the fire between them, lies a suspended particle.

You know, I feel that its an eventuality for the two to head to a massive explosion and till then they will be butting heads, making decisions that's going to bite them in their ass in very near future.

Lovely lines Meera :-) They are indeed suspended in a cloud of misunderstanding and miscommunications.
greenteaholic thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: StripePurple

Everything I could have said, Meera already did, and so much more beautifully.  

Those small snippets in the beginning, I think I love them much more than what comes later.This one was especially beautiful.

I wonder what would happen if these two were locked up in a room together, and just left there. Forever. [With sustenance, but let's just leave out reality, shall we?] What would they do? It might even be amusing to watch.

Bring out the masks. It will spare us the shame of having to look into the other's eyes.

Between you and Meera, am left speechless :-)

This may sound contrite but the entire update was written cause of those initial lines. I have these old newspaper clippings pasted on my window [against my mom's scoldings].

The moment I read this comment, I had an inspiration / story idea but it went off tangent. Imagine zombie apocalypse, a deserted town, Arnav and Khushi with lots and lots of guns and ammunition and other weapons. And they walk through the town killing zombies and talk. They raid abandoned grocery stores for sustenance [problem solved :D] and work out on their issues and save each other lives a handful of times :-)

Let's see how I fare with this one!
StripePurple thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: greenteaholic

Between you and Meera, am left speechless :-)

This may sound contrite but the entire update was written cause of those initial lines. I have these old newspaper clippings pasted on my window [against my mom's scoldings].

The moment I read this comment, I had an inspiration / story idea but it went off tangent. Imagine zombie apocalypse, a deserted town, Arnav and Khushi with lots and lots of guns and ammunition and other weapons. And they walk through the town killing zombies and talk. They raid abandoned grocery stores for sustenance [problem solved :D] and work out on their issues and save each other lives a handful of times :-)

Let's see how I fare with this one!

Ooh that sounds awesome. 
I have yet to read an Arnav-Khushi zombie story. Talk. Eat. Slay zombies. Yeah, why not? It would be really cool. If you ever write it, I shall read. 

I hear you about that window of yours. I used to have a wall covered with labels and logo stickers of every conceivable thing on earth. My mother destroyed it after I had moved out to attend college. & pesky finicky landlords just did not let me make another one. Am glad your window survives. :-)

Edited by StripePurple - 10 years ago
Arshi67 thumbnail
You've captured the moments so beautifully. 
Their simmering angst is really well explored. 
Pls pm me when you update. 
greenteaholic thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: amaypranay

Res...

Just got back...from Mumbai...

Catching up in the forum...looking forward to this read...sounds fabulous!

Will definitely unRes...soon!

Sure :-)
-HEAVEN- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
*new reader*

reading this ff was like watching a book!! i felt like everything is happening infront if my eyes!
ots like IPK yet soo different frm ipk !...a figment of IPK!

i too never understood why la put up wod all the shits of Raizadas. she was alys awsome in her own way just like khushi. loved the chap abt payal, a understanding sister.

ps. i love ur username...though not a greenteaholic!πŸ˜†

pps. u r AWSOME!!!πŸ˜ƒ

ppps. this FF rocks!πŸ‘