ArHi SS: Heartbeat Radio - Completed - Page 12

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by StripePurple

This one left me with questions. Why the comparison to a dying star with reference to Lavanya and Arnav? Didn't quite catch that, sorry. 

I actually was never too fond of Lavanya the character. She had her moments, her graceful exit being the most memorable one, but by and far she was very sketchy in the show. Your chapter reminded me of that scene where Khushi calls Arnav 'character-dheela', and Lavanya walks in on them while they are having it out. First time they showed her awareness of something tangible between these two.

It still bugs me that we never had any background on the Arnav-Lavanya relationship, and it was only after Khushi arrived that L was shown to be understanding Arnav to some extent. Probably the reason of my discomfort whenever Lavanya is given her voice. What was it like before Khushi?

I compared the two to a dying star because the two are quite alike. I never found Arnav and Khushi alike with the blatant difference in the way they think and execute what's on their mind. Arnav and Lavanya at one point would have had a solid relationship if he has been with her long enough to convince her to move in with him. He made an effort to pursue his relationship with her and went against his family. That ought to mean something, doesn't it? In lieu of making Khushi the heroine, Lavanya was so badly pushed aside, everything she did came out of nowhere and sometimes even shallow.

Lavanya knew Arnav well enough. When Khushi arrived, she understood his family more than she understood Arnav and the "culture" knowledge transfer that followed. 

This is just me :-)
Originally posted by ScarbroughFair

I feel that odd sting whenever I read about Lavanya, I do associate her with negative feelings.She does claim to know Arnav but I doubt that.  However Arnav and Khushi, as seen from her perspective, leave me with a contented sigh. 
Beautifully written as always. 😊

Thank you. She does know Arnav from her own perspective. We understand people by the way they are with us. Lavanya doesn't know what Khushi knows about Arnav and Khushi doesn't know what Lavanya knows about Arnav. She has spent a duration of her life with him and one cannot belittle the time spent.

Originally posted by greenteaholic

I compared the two to a dying star because the two are quite alike. I never found Arnav and Khushi alike with the blatant difference in the way they think and execute what's on their mind. Arnav and Lavanya at one point would have had a solid relationship if he has been with her long enough to convince her to move in with him. He made an effort to pursue his relationship with her and went against his family. That ought to mean something, doesn't it? In lieu of making Khushi the heroine, Lavanya was so badly pushed aside, everything she did came out of nowhere and sometimes even shallow.

Lavanya knew Arnav well enough. When Khushi arrived, she understood his family more than she understood Arnav and the "culture" knowledge transfer that followed. 

This is just me :-)

@bold: THAT. Nail on the head. Which is why so very few of her actions can be taken seriously enough as a character trait. As for Arnav going against his family to have her move in with him, I always found it more of an ego clash between him and his Nani rather than any major interest in Lavanya per se.

Thank you for explaining the 'dying star' reference. :)

Beautiful !!!! Read all the parts and you have written it so nicely its like reviving the show  again.

I am glad I came across this ff. Looking forward for more updates.
Originally posted by metaphor4

Beautiful !!!! Read all the parts and you have written it so nicely its like reviving the show  again.

I am glad I came across this ff. Looking forward for more updates.

Thank you :-)
Hello,
I just read the entire thing. Needless to say, beautifully written.  Especially the quotes. This one- You hand out warmth like sugar packets in a coffee shop; up for grabs but under appreciated. The title is kinda nice too :D
I love the randomness of all of it. Its been quite a long time since I have read something and this was a good start.
I was glad to see a Lavanya perspective in the last one. Was kind of hoping you would include it. 
Please do update soon
Sur

This style of writing, it reminds me of someone...

Never mind.

These are brilliant, brilliant stories. I absolutely love reading them. :=)

Originally posted by ivre

Hello,
I just read the entire thing. Needless to say, beautifully written.  Especially the quotes. This one- You hand out warmth like sugar packets in a coffee shop; up for grabs but under appreciated. The title is kinda nice too :D
I love the randomness of all of it. Its been quite a long time since I have read something and this was a good start.
I was glad to see a Lavanya perspective in the last one. Was kind of hoping you would include it. 
Please do update soon
Sur

There is a strange satisfaction in utter randomness. A hidden beauty underneath the pattern which is laid down before them.

When you give it a twist of perfunctorily inanity, you'll have something close to poetic bullshit :-)

Thanks!
Originally posted by vfordonkey

This style of writing, it reminds me of someone...

Never mind.

These are brilliant, brilliant stories. I absolutely love reading them. :=)

Thank you.

9. Pretension

A butterfly must have flapped its wings in Sahara or a thousand angels messed with destiny to make me crash into you.

And then our hearts began a civil war for the life we could have had.

"It's in the way he looks at us - like he is the only superior species standing in an ocean filled with amoebae and plankton." Khushi's fingers violently dance in the bowl of batter. Payal swallows a sigh escaping her lungs and motions Khushi to continue.

"He is one of those people on who you start writing a love ballad twelve seconds after laying your eyes on him and half way through the ridiculously long ballad, you find out he is a jerk who deserves nothing but a tragic violent ass-kicking end." Jalebi batter sloshes dangerously near the rim of the mixing bowl.

"Arnav annoyed you?" Payal ventures a guess. It isn't a guess but an easy deduction judging Khushi's mood. Khushi's fairly easygoing attitude ruptures and gets splintered the moment she shares a conversation with Arnav. 

"He called me a badly drawn painting with excessive colors and minimalistic personality." Khushi's voice show traces of hurt and...betrayal.

Arnav's words are still ringing in her ears. You are a wall on which colors splash and words decimate one another, a cage of longing breaths and wishful thinking.'

"I know you are working at his house as a glorified teacher because of the financial crisis we are going through. But if you cannot stand your employer's presence, you should probably just quit." Payal's perspective has been simple all her life. While she believes in staying away from an open wound like Arnav, Khushi is drawn to him like a despondent Shakespearean heroine.

Khushi stills. "I...can't..." It's a choked whisper, blindly groping at tender words once spoken in angry whispers and heaving breaths.

Payal nods. She pretends to understand this...this thing that's going on between her sister and Arnav. She pretends to ignore the crossroad where the two stand and hover over the line that divides. She waits patiently for the moment when the lines will get erased and there will be nothing more to trample upon.

"You have put faith in something unknown and what you have is..." Payal blurts but cannot find words to continue.

"...morphine like agonizing sweet ache," Khushi finishes.

Payal already knows this because she has been eavesdropping on their hearts but pretends to be deaf.

Edited by greenteaholic - 10 years ago