Guthi's departure: Will Kapil really be affected?

Poll

Did Sunil Grover do the right thing by departing?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Angel x thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Ok, so as we know, Guthi (aka Sunil Grover) has left Comedy Nights. Although Guthi was a loved character, in fairness to the show, he was only ever in it for 5 mins at the end. So will he really be missed?

Sunil and Kapil have maintained that they are still friends despite this. But my take is that Sunil may have got a little too big for his boots. The reason being that Kapil's show last week got its highest ratings (without Guthi) so that shows that people watch the show not only for Guthi. Yes his loss is a major blow, but to be honest, new characters are introduced anyway and Guthi will be forgotten.

As for Sunil Grover, I didn't know him at all before comedy nights, I think he could have stayed longer and made his mark before leaving to do something else.

Also as for Guthi's replacement, I don't think they should have one. Maybe they should invent another character? Like Guthi's cousin? Played by Raju Shirvastav or any other comedian... Also I think another good thing might be if the characters (e.g. Daadi or Palak) talk to the audience more.

Anyway, I think Kapil will continue to do well in his show and I wish Sunil Grover the best of luck with what he does also.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rani-lucki thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i loved the character of guthi and i really want to see it again

but since new characters will be shown on the show it won't make any difference to the trp
luvakanksha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
cnwk is maintaining highest trp even after guthi's exit that is for last 2 week ...guthi is missed but  
why is everyone whining about guthi i mean yes she was an integral part of the show but she was not a frequent part of skits...i mean yes suniel made played a character in almost all skits but they were not guthi...
lamboobabu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
the content of show is much more important
than an individual...
gutthi was a very good side item on a dinner plate
not the whole meal...
absence of a side item will not affect the show to any great extent
for the past two episodes
the TVT has in fact increased after the exit...
but sunil was a versatile actor
he will be missed...
but I think kapilism is too strong a factor
to be affected by exit of gutthi...
Personally i watch it for the stars that come tp promote the movie and not for kapil or gutti and certainly not for sidhu(y he is in the show??)
rubysk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i love comedy nights with kapil... So gutthi departure is not bothering to me... I miss gutthi a lot...