Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: raksha.l

Sree, while you are right that Aussies have been the defending champions for sometime now, how can you be so sure that they are not headstrong???I mean, I guess, we have limited knowledge when compared to the people who are actually experiencing it...And have you forgotten the stories of how Steve Waugh tried to put down India and how Shane Warne had been warned umpteen times abt his twisted tounge and what abt Ponting now??Is it necessary to drag the whole India team and put it down,when it could've been easily taken care of at the personal level with Gavaskar???

That the Aussies are very good at sledging is a known secret...I myself have seen it on TV how they have bothered(rather tried to bother) Tendulkar...😑

Luv,
Raksha

Raksha, there has alays been problems between India and Australia.. But as far as i know, where and how did Steve waugh put down India? Sledging most of the teams do. Have you seen Craig McMillan of NewZealand sledge? Have you seen Andre Nel of South Africa lsedge after bowling a ball? Some of the old and new cricketers have the habit of Sledging, and please note, sledging is not a thing that is not allowed in cricket.. So any team can adopt to this.. Whoever it may be. Just bcos Aussies doit more, we cannot tag them in a seperate category, can we? They are moer aggressive than other cricketers, this speaks in thier attitude of play..

Even a Steve Waugh and Ponting have been warned and banned when they have crossed the limit. I dont say that Aussies have not crossed limits. They have.!!! But when talking about this incident, i dont think Ponting spoke too much.. When you speak of taking country to task, what do you think Gavaskar did by naming and framing Aussies as ill mannered players? Is it not a heavy word to use in public?

I agree that both should now close this matter here , Ponting should concentrate on his work ,lead his team well. Gavaskar too should try to cheer India.. These matters should be put to rest, i agree. But blaming Aussies for anything and everything is also not correct.. My POV.. 😳
Edited by sree - 17 years ago
sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Connie

I like the Australian team for the efforts they put in every match like if one player gets out the rest don't fall like a pack of cards. They have a lot of confidence and when you see their body language on the field, it is clearly the winning attitude.

However I hate the arrogance they have, not just the sledging is a problem but somewhere they have no respect the way Ricky Ponting had shooed Sharad Pawar off the stage was really disrespectful.

Yes, I too felt Ponting and his men were rude to Sharad ji when they did this. But it all happened in a spilt second that probably nobody understood waht was happening. And yes, the team Australia who we term as "Ill mannered people" did send a formal apology letter to Sharad Pawar then. But again matters were blown out of proportions, thanks to the media.. πŸ˜•
username88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Buffie

I want Aussies to lose the world cup and get totally jacked up...I dont care whether India does it or any other team,I just DONT WANT Australia to win πŸ˜†

lolll ye i want aussies out of da world cup, tho i want india 2 kick them out😳
buh i want india 2 winπŸ˜ƒ
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sree

This is going really nasty now.. This was not needed at all..

But why is it that all and sundry target Aussies as Headstrong? They are not... They have been the Champions for a long time now.. They have held the No.1 One day Ranking for so many years.. Even then, they were so graceful in defeat, when they lost 5 consecutive matches... They never talked or cribbed about anything, when the fact was that, their Best 11 did not play these games.. I mean, they took it very sportingly and just planned and hoped that they could get everything clicking again for the World Cup..

Yes, Aussies are tagged as a Aggressive Bunch of Men on the field, with a do or die spirit always. So what is wrong, friends? They take their cricket really serious... So what is wrong?

Gavaskar , being a Veteran and the Pride of India needed to weigh and talk.. Whats wrong in what Ponting said? He just asked Gavaaskar to take care of his side and their persformance before commenting about another team.. Is this not what we need to be doing now? Gavaskar has been a fabulous player for India, he has been in the Selection Commitee too. So his aim now must be to cheer his team up, rather than demoralising other teams with his words..

Now, Gavaskar was mean in taking the name of Devid Hookes here. That guy died bcos of an incident... Why should his death be dragged into this argument he has with Ponting? Come on, Ponting and Gavaskar need to cool down... Gavaskar should rather give a tips or two to his team now.. Ponting should take care of his team, in reaching their goal, the World Cup...

These talks will never end... This will surely play as a dampener before a big Series, which the whole world is excited about..

Completly agree , Gavaskar should concentrate on the Indian team and we know, he wouldnt dare speak abt our team coz he knows the kind of reaction he would get from the people . So he targetted the aussie team , they are aggressive no doubt abt it and thats exxactly why they are winning coz they are aggressive on the field. Off-field they are absolutely chilled out and hang out and go around . Even when they visited India, after the match they just chilled out .

Every team needs to be aggressive and have that killer instinct to win a game.  As far as sledging goes , every team has accepted that sledging happens  . Harbajan sledges using Hindi or punjabi and that was confessed by himself in an interview once . Every wicketkeeper keeps on saying stuff to intimidate and unsettle the batsmen . The fielders while running in , purposely run near the batsmen to say a few words .All these were admitted by Saurav Ganguly himself in an interview which I saw maybe a year or two after India came back from australia I think on TV . It is done by every team , I dont understand why he chose to target the Aussie team alone maybe coz they are the world champions .

Anyway I wouldnt want australia to win coz inspite of admiring their spirit and aggressiveness , they arent my favourites. I want Newzealnd to win , they have been playing really well and even thrash australia recently, they have the best captain in the world , Stephen Fleming and I hope he gets to lift the cup atleast once .

India ofcourse is another of my favourites to win . I also think England has a good chance of winning .

ANJANA thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

And your point is?????

My point is our's is very largely populated and more than that cricket loving,they follow it as a religion inspite of all this we can't find the best batting and bowling combination together if our batting is good our bowling fails and if bowling is good batting fails .It is because of dirty politics we have made it selection based on region which is why we are not no.1 .In Australia they select only on the basis of their talent performance inspite of their population being less than us 😊.This discussion is endless
Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ANJANA

My point is our's is very largely populated and more than that cricket loving,they follow it as a religion inspite of all this we can't find the best batting and bowling combination together if our batting is good our bowling fails and if bowling is good batting fails .It is because of dirty politics we have made it selection based on region which is why we are not no.1 .In Australia they select only on the basis of their talent performance inspite of their population being less than us 😊.This discussion is endless

Ours is a very largely populated country-that's why its difficult for everybody to find a platform to show off their talents and its impossible to unearth the hidden talents more often than not...

Politics or no politics, if want to win we will win...Its our mentality that needs to be changed...As long as we find the other side of the grass greener, our country is not going to be where it deserves to be...Be it sports or any other institution for that matter...Its the individuals that are going to make a difference..

Anyways, I am not involved in Aussy selections any more than I am involved in India selections, for me to know the presence or absence of politics...πŸ˜ƒ..

ANJANA thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Ours is a very largely populated country-that's why its difficult for everybody to find a platform to show off their talents and its impossible to unearth the hidden talents more often than not...

Politics or no politics, if want to win we will win...Its our mentality that needs to be changed...As long as we find the other side of the grass greener, our country is not going to be where it deserves to be...Be it sports or any other institution for that matter...Its the individuals that are going to make a difference..

Anyways, I am not involved in Aussy selections any more than I am involved in India selections, for me to know the presence or absence of politics...πŸ˜ƒ..

I know but still there should be right selection committee selecting right players as they are representing their country😊
mini2390 thumbnail

Originally posted by: #1EijazFan

My thoughts exactly!πŸ˜ƒ

Will love to see India thrashing Pakistan and Austrailia. Even if they don't get to the finals, which i'm sure they will!πŸ˜› they still have to thrash other teams just to show we're the best! LOLπŸ˜†

where did Pakistan cum in from ? πŸ˜†

but i must say that the  aussies r a great team, no doubt in that... they can win again and again like no other team out there... but they dont have the best of sportsmanship, therefore i dislike them, they r arrogant champs!....

i dont want the Aussies to win this time at all, even though they can, i wish they dont.......πŸ˜†

and btw, i hope pakistan thrashes india and austrailia real hard, that is  if pak cums across thesetwo! πŸ˜‰

Edited by mini2390 - 17 years ago
mini2390 thumbnail

Originally posted by: #1EijazFan

Hun, we were just saying it would be an interesting match, your supporting your team, we support ours! πŸ˜‰And India Pak matches are always ones that get the whole country engrossed right?πŸ˜›

And don't worry, the stage won't come when Pakistan thrashes India, we're not that bad to get thrashed so badly..or shall I say like you said 'real hard'πŸ˜†

i know, wat u meant........ its just  that pakistan popped up all of a sudden and so did my patriotic mind! πŸ˜†πŸ˜³

and of course u support ur team and we support ours.. so if they do cum across in this WC, may the best team win!...  but i hope pakistan really outplays india in all departments and wins! πŸ˜³πŸ˜†... dont mind, as being a pakistani i have to support pak no matter wat, so cant imagine them losing! πŸ˜‰ 

and obviously its the same for u, but regarding india! 😊

mcm226 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Bingoo...But would you be too unhappy if India does the honors???😳😳😳

i agree to buffie but at the same time a want INDIA to win................i dont want Australia to win world cup,not this one not in future also........................they r arrogant n use sledging on the field n now reacting to Gavaskar's comments Panter Ponting started it off field too...............n Gavaskar is now cricket expert n commentrator so he was refering abt Australian players behaviour  n not their performance...............it is true Australian players r arrogant......ex-players r also arrogant,remember Chappel's reaction in Calcutta to Sourav's fans....................Ponting shud mind his own business by concentrating on matches rather than reacting to SMG's comments................i want India to beat Australia in the same way they did to us in 2003 world cup finals.........