Fan Fictions

ArHi FF! The Cult [Completed] - Page 63

Raila1014 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Was pleasantly surprised to see an update to this great murder mystery upon my return from vacation.  Glad you are on the road to recovery.  Thanks for the update.  Time is running out for the police as the villains are way ahead in the game.  They are a smart bunch though this band of brothers and I have a feeling the missing piece will click in very soon.  Is Kushi setting a trap or is she really in trouble?  What a cliff hanger!  Hope you update soon.  Take care.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RockBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8

Chapter XI: The Disciple

There are no idols in the room. There is a crude painting purusha adorning the wall. The temple is alit with several silver lamps and Sadhu is looking at the painting and is having a conversation with the cosmic consciousness.

"You bring news of distress, my son," Sadhu says not turning around.

The disciple collapses on the floor and holds head in his hands. He does have several bad news and is worried if he has failed his guru in epic proportions.

"Did the police man die?" There is sharpness in Sadhu's voice. The disciple quivers and whimpers from his vantage point.

"She intervened. Police man lives." An ache clenches his throat. Failing the guru is considered to be the highest sin. He has been a sinner now for couple of weeks in a row.

He clenches his jaw and grinds his teeth but doesn't let out a sound when a tall silver lamp hits him square across his forehead. He firmly closes his eyes and keeps his jaw shut when the assault continues. He doesn't move from where he is kneeling and doesn't bother to wipe the blood trickling on his neck. Heat of the oil in lamps burn his skin and repeated onslaught of hot metal on tender skin leave blood in their wake.

He has failed his guru. He deserves the punishment. He takes the wrath of his guru till the anger subsides.

"My son..." The disciple opens his eyes to see his guru kneeling in front of him with tears in his eyes and tender expression on his face.

"I failed you father," the disciple's voice is hoarse and utterly defeated.

The Sadhu has been his father, mother, brother, friend...everything the moment he embraced this life. He along with other disciples and apprentices, call their guru as "father" as the utmost token of respect and acceptance.

"You failed all of us, my son. But no matter, we can still rein it all in control." The sadhu gently inspects his disciple's face, neck and arms for the injuries he caused only moments ago. An act of disobedience always goes punished. But that didn't mean he enjoyed punishing his children.

"Tell me what to do next father. Please," the disciple begs eyes tearful. He leans into the touch of his guru, seeking peace and strength at the same time. Relief washes over him when his guru smiles.

"Warn her to stay away from this war. Tell her the police man lives if she stops helping him."

The disciple shakes his head softly. "She will not pay heed. I have seen them together."

Sadhu's eyes are cold. "Then make her understand."

The disciple hesitates. "And if she doesn't understand?"

The Sadhu smiles with a gleam in his eyes. "Be creative."

"Father." The disciple's voice is like that of a little boy lost. The Sadhu waits patiently for his disciple to continue. "She mentioned... us to the police man."

Sadhu's face is unreadable and disciple barrels on. "She told him that with time, she could find out who the person was behind the rituals."

The Sadhu doesn't show any emotion. The disciple knows she is capable of delivering what she promises. If she were to find out about them, she would annihilate them from existence and probably get away with it. Her power was unparalleled. Even the Sadhu knew it. But...she was compromised.

She now has a weakness.

She hadn't even realized that she had blatantly shown her vulnerable side when the police man was attacked. He was becoming her greatest weakness and she didn't know it yet.

"There are people who believe strength is a virtue. No, it isn't always is. It can bring upon destruction if not contained. We tend to forget that even the strongest of the strong has weakness. We fail to recognize the weakness and use it to our advantage. But we have to be careful my son." The disciple looks on without really understanding where the sermon was leading.

"Sometimes a weakness gives birth to strongest strengths." The Sadhu's voice was hooded.

"Not unless the person is put in a situation where such a transformation is a possibility." The disciple understands. The Sadhu smiles serenely.

"It's time to stop being defensive, my son. Show her what we have become."

The order is given. The disciple now has to find a way to materialize that order.

He will find a way. He is the disciple.

Like his guru said, it was time to quit being in sidelines and nudging things along. It was time to take the sword and rush forward.

The war was here.

vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
ME 
~Edit~ 

So what becomes of Khushi? Will Arnav be her strength or her weakness? Its a choice, and not a matter of luck. Khushi has been quite the mystery uptil now, I think we may now get to unravel her layer by layer. 

Edited by vgedin - 10 years ago
Shruti21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Part 1-
Murder.. No Evidence.. Blood.. Signs.. And Arnav..

what a classic combo.. :)
It sounds more like horror story..hahaha by the description of crime..

Everything reminded me of Mr. Sheldon.. :)Edited by Shruti21 - 10 years ago
Shruti21 thumbnail
Part 2-
Poor arnav is tired.. hahaha By the way, is khushi there in the story??

And two murders at same time..?? So i guess Mrs. Sharma is nt the murderer...
diyadivya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
gd 2 c u bk 
hope u r dng gd
amzng updts

Shruti21 thumbnail
Part 3-

arnav and arjun are in a team na?? then why arjun will hide anything?? i wonder what's wrong with poor soul...

it sound more like black magic now...

and the tribes?? what was that?? how do u know??

Anjali the ever caring sis.. uummm bt she was crying y?
prati_incept thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

you back... yeyyy 

how are you doing now?
hope all is well...

God bless you..

crazy-ash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
woaah! y did u hav to choose this chappt to be that  chapter?
i wanted to know whats wrong with khushi!!
 cant wait!! please update soon!
Shruti21 thumbnail
part 4-
khushi is the professor..!!
oh i am bit scared now... :|

History was never my subject and it looks like u did master in it.. hahaha

what happened to anjali? :o

So, it is black magic... going to read d next 1 nw