~**Favourite Festivals? TASK 6

Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Since.. we have so many festivals and whatnot.. why not discuss which one you await the most? And what do you do for it when it does arrive?

Doesn't matter what kind of Punjabi festival it is by the way.. Could be either of the three: Sikh, Hindu or Muslim Punjabi.. 😃 

For example.. Since I'm a Sikh Punjabi.. I really love Vaisakhi. The reason being is the nagar kirtan (the parade) that happens.. It may sound slightly funny but I only look forward to the nagar kirtan because of the free food. 🤣 But all jokes apart, other than the food, it's a lot of fun to celebrate when the entire Sikh Punjabi community gets together.. if we ignore the fact that it gets extremely crowded and some aunties decide to be mean and annoying when they push you or budge in line for pizza when you've been waiting for an hour already..

Your turn! 😃

~The Perfect Punjabis

Edited by Angel-Jot. - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Might as well share another... 🤣 Diwali! 😎 

..We actually don't do as much other people may do.. but we do light diveh (diya) and take them to the gurudwara.. where other people put their lit diveh all around the nishan sahib (the religious flag).. we just put ours among the hundreds of the others. It' looks so beautiful. <3 And we leave all the lights on in the house even we leave.. We turn on the Christmas decoration lights as well so the house looks pretty as do other neighbours that celebrate it..

OH AND SWEETS. <3 We buy sweets and.. eat them.. share them with relatives and whatnot..
Sometimes we buy those firecrackers and play with them in the garage.. OHHH. And the gurudwara plays fireworks as well so we go watch them too..
Edited by Angel-Jot. - 10 years ago
BadtameezDil. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Mine is HOLI!
Colours and dance and Music and Food! I love 'em all! ðŸ˜³
Minionite thumbnail
I'm Punjabi, but we don't really get a chance to celebrate too many Punjabi festivals here so my favourites are Diwali and Holi!!! I love the lights, the colours, the music, the food, the people...hell I love everything about every festival!!!
flirtatious. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
HOLI!! I love Holi so much <3 It's the most fun, happy and colourful festival! Seriously love it!!
Oh i love visakhi mela, a lot fun, n the way they decorate guru granth sahib, mindblowing, free food being the added bonus 😆

And i love diwali too, and we celebrate it at school. We dress up in suits/saris for school, and in the lunch hour, we get free samosas, dance performances, free mehandi, and a lot of fun!!! Gurudwara is lit up with all the fairy lights!! All looks so heavenly!
-Eris- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I like all festivals . . I get loads of food to stuff myself . . .
flirtatious. thumbnail
^^ Yep. Though this sounds bad I'm not the most religious person out there...I love festivals for the freebies and fun ðŸ¤£
Especially Punjabi festivals- we punjabis sure know how to create a lively atmosphere (courtesy to most Sardars- the most awesome people ever!)
-Eris- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Ha ha even am not religious . . . But i take part in all festivals except holi. . . Today is ganesh chaturti
flirtatious. thumbnail
I know! We have to go to a pooja at night...and the host makes THE BEST food ðŸ˜†