tvbuf thumbnail
14th Anniversary Thumbnail Sparkler Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
#1
has been revealed. She looks quite beautiful

Barun Sobti's heroine in '22 yards' revealed

Stuti Agarwal, TNN | Aug 13, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
0
inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Barun Sobti|Suzanna Mukherjee|Sanaya Irani|Mitali Ghoshal
Barun Sobti's heroine in '22 yards' revealed
Suzanna Mukherjee
The cat is out of the bag. Barun Sobti fans, who have long been speculating who their fave hero would romance on the big screen, can now rest their case.

Newcomer Suzanna Mukherjee has bagged her dream project in Bollywood. She is a part of 22 Yards, which stars the popular actor Barun Sobti. The film, directed by Mitali Ghoshal, will be shot in Kolkata. Suzanna will start shooting from August 20. "She plays a Bengali girl Shonali, who is a sports journalist. She will be the only innocent quotient in the film. I auditioned a lot of girls for the role — many of them were big names too — but I chose Suzanna because I see innocence in her smile. As for the look, I have been a sports journalist and so, know that journalists nowadays no longer wear skirts and carry jholas. They dress up according to contemporary fashion, and so will Suzanna," said Mitali.

Suzanna has earlier been part of a movie called Tutiya dil. Her projects on the small screen include Roadies, Roomie and Emotional Atyachaar. "After the film release last year, I have been busy doing theatre and was auditioning too. At first I was not too serious about the role. It was only when I was called for the second round that I enquired about the lead as the role requires a strong, male oriented character. I do not watch much TV and did not know about him, so I Googled him and saw episodes of Iss Pyaar Ko Naam Doon on YouTube. I found me to be very good looking. Also, everybody in my family watches TV and knew who he was. Then, I came to know about his huge fan following when I spoke to my friends about him. It is always an added advantage for me. I then met Barun for a few workshops in Mumbai and found him to be an understated actor with a lot of subtext. I like his work. As a person, he is extremely easy going and simple. There is no fuss about him, though he is so popular." Asked that would she be able to recreate the chemistry that Barun had with Sanaya Irani in his last project, she said, "I have to, I have no choice. I will try to give my best."

Asked how she came to know about the auditions, she said, "The casting director of the film had auditioned me earlier. The funny thing was that I was the last person Mitali auditioned. In fact, she wasn't even willing to meet me because she had seen so many girls earlier. And after she did audition me, seeing her expression, I thought she had rejected me."

Suzanna, born to a Bengali dad and Ukranian mom said she was nervous about her performance. "I play a Bengali girl. The character is very different from what I am in real life. I m generally reserved, but I play an outspoken, bindaas and jovial girl who wants to become a writer," said Suzanna, who was brought up in Ukraine and Chhatisgarh, before moving to Pune for higher studies. "I can speak Bengali, but can't read and write in the language," said the actress, who holds an MBA degree in finance.

The movie has four songs, out of which the romantic number between Barun and Suzanna — composed by Salim-Sulaiman — will be shot in various location of Mumbai.

Created

Last reply

Replies

47

Views

6.3k

Users

36

Likes

163

Frequent Posters

ARS24 thumbnail
14th Anniversary Thumbnail Rocker Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
#2
wow is this girl lead pair for our hot wa?
dramebaaz.af thumbnail
16th Anniversary Thumbnail Sparkler Thumbnail + 6

Arshi Analyzers

Posted: 13 years ago
#3
i actually think she might bring the chemistry bit back. She seems a good actor.
spate22 thumbnail
18th Anniversary Thumbnail Sparkler Thumbnail Commentator Level 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
#4
Wow!! Hey, she's actually pretty!! 😊 Anyway, I thought the shooting started in April ?!! At this rate , Barun will never be done only after end of next year!! 😆 And she also watched some IPKKND episodes!! That's nice!! 👍🏼 And she's half Ukrainian !! Wow!! 😊 That's something new!! Bengali and Ukrainian!! 😊


Shreya
hemanthkrishna thumbnail
14th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
#5
TFS.
No one can create the magic of chemistry with Barun other than sanaya.
BarunAddictSays thumbnail
14th Anniversary Thumbnail Rocker Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
#6
She sounds so sweet yaar.😊


Thank you for sharing.
spate22 thumbnail
18th Anniversary Thumbnail Sparkler Thumbnail Commentator Level 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
#7
You know, I have always believed that children born from parents of mixed races are always good-looking?!! Does anyone agree with me?!! 😉😆😆 God, I wish I was one of them!!😔 😆😆 I mean, I look decent!! 😛😆 People think I'm cute, but some call me beautiful!! I get surprised when people tell me that!! 😳😆😆 I'm like "really?" 😲😆😆 I guess I don't take compliments well!! 😆


Shreya
DarlingSarun thumbnail
16th Anniversary Thumbnail Dazzler Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
#8
She is pretty, but seems to be very young.
Good luck guys.

Posted: 13 years ago
#9

Originally posted by: hemanthkrishna

TFS.
No one can create the magic of chemistry with Barun other than sanaya.


Really why not? 😆 I'm sure he can And I think Barun and Suzanna will really look good together.
MastMalang thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Sparkler Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
#10
Suzanna is absolutely stunning and beautiful. See MT for pics or google her

Related Topics

Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".