I prefer to stay away from scripted shows - AD

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

Aniruddh Dave who essays the lead role of Kanhaiya in Zee TV's Aaj Ki Housewife Hai.. Sab Jaanti Hai has a strong theatre background to boast of, and loves to accept challenging roles with a 'difference'. He is someone who does not care about the figure or count of his TV projects, but is happy and contented if he gets a good character to play.

Talking about this mindset, Aniruddh says, "I don't really care about TRPs; my role of Kanhaiya was quite challenging. As long as my character rocks, I am happy."

Ask him about the reason for the dipping numbers of his present show Housewife, and the actor gives a plain reply, "That is the job of the creative team and not mine. I deliver the lines and scenes given to me to the best of my ability, and improve on it as and when required in conjunction with the writers."

Looking ahead this only national award winning TV actor says, "I am always on the lookout for something different. All my characters, till date have been unique, be it in Raajkumar Aaryyan (NDTV Imagine), Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki (Sahara One), Mera Naam Karegi Roshan (Zee TV) or Phulwa (Colors). Ruk Jaana Nahin was another major milestone in my growth graph where I was hailed as Indu Singh. Lastly, the producers of Housewife (Gulshan Sachdeva) waited for me till the above Star Plus show wrapped up before launching this last show of mine."

Aniruddh is also game for non-fiction concepts. "I will be open to song and dance formats, but I want to do something clean. I prefer to stay away from scripted shows which have extra masala to bring in the audiences," he observes.

"I am happier doing performance-oriented fiction roles and find myself in the select group of TV actors who actually get something to do on the idiot box. A specialty of mine is that I add life to my characters and most of my roles have had a bearing on the show. I have often heard that directors ask younger actors to copy my previous performances, for I really did a great job," he informs.

Before winding up, we point out to a remark made by one of his co-stars that he does not look really great and that might have contributed to the tanking of Housewife, and he again brushes off the same by exclaiming, "I don't care about looks. An actor needs to deliver the craft, rest everything including physical appearance is secondary."

Point taken, Anirrudh!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VishaD. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Visha_Dhami

Before winding up, we point out to a remark made by one of his co-stars that he does not look really great and that might have contributed to the tanking of Housewife, and he again brushes off the same by exclaiming, "I don't care about looks. An actor needs to deliver the craft, rest everything including physical appearance is secondary."

I wonder who said this. Since when was AD's not good looking? ðŸ˜²
VishaD. thumbnail
😊

Sonali has to stay away from this topic or she would get upset again ðŸ˜•
KamleeChhori thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

😊

Sonali has to stay away from this topic or she would get upset again ðŸ˜•

I know...hmm
KamleeChhori thumbnail

I wonder who said this. Since when was AD's not good looking? ðŸ˜²

Even I'm wondering the same...😕
VishaD. thumbnail

One more day for her birthday and she has to be happy instead of sad.
VishaD. thumbnail

Originally posted by: JalebiGirl

Even I'm wondering the same...😕

😕😕
KamleeChhori thumbnail

One more day for her birthday and she has to be happy instead of sad.

I know...
Mr.Chief thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
tfs

same here...im wondering who 😕
VishaD. thumbnail
Any guesses who could it be since he is close with his co-stars?