One Shot: In Your Arms

rosamale thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
hi friends. i am here with a One Shot on AsYa. I have written this story a long back. i am personally not satisfied with this one. however decided to give it a shot. this is Only part. 

IN YOUR ARMS

"SPLASH!!!"

Everyone turned around to see the source of that sound. They could see a beautiful girl clad in a white salwar, fully drenched in water, looking at others with shock and hurt clearly written in her face. In front of her was a gang of boys and girls with buckets in their hands laughing mercilessly at the poor girl's condition. The empty buckets and the drenched girl perfectly fit the equation.

Girl: "What have you done?"

Guy 1: "Chill Zoya… just chill… we were testing a theory."

Zoya: "What theory?"

Guy 2 (Smirking): "Well, you see, we heard that you are allergic to water… so was just checking whether it makes any reactions to you…"

With that the guys hi-fived each other and burst into laughter. Realizing that she was being humiliated she lowered her head and fled the scene.

'Zoya', that was her name. A kind girl in all sense. She can't bear to see others in pain. She will go to any length to help them. She knows, nobody is out there to help her back. Why would they, after all she was an orphan… she was not among those girls whose world depends upon the changes in fashion. Rather she prefers to enjoy the company of her simple dresses. Her this attitude along with the intelligence she possessed had made others to ignore her as for them education was just a time pass.

Her course 'Film making' has only 15 seats in that college. So all those students formed a group known as the 'Tornado'. If she wants to survive her course, she has to be friendly with them even though she knows that they'll never consider her as a friend in true sense. All the other members of Tornado are either actors or other experts who have years of experience in film field. Only she is the odd one as she was a fresher and many years younger than them.

"Oh Shit. I am screwed"

She thought to herself while trying to squeeze the water out of her Duppatta. Suddenly she heard a sound causing her to wake up from her thoughts. A tall handsome man was coming towards them waving his hand. He was wearing a white shirt and black trousers and his eyes were covered with expensive shades.

"I know him. OMG! He is Asad Ahmed Khan…" exclaimed Zoya.

Asad Ahmed Khan was the famous fashion photographer who had won many awards in his field. He does full justice to his each shot. He happens to be the new addition to the batch.

Everyone was fully indulged in welcoming him. He could easily be friends with them as he had worked with every one of them.

His wandering eyes got sight of Zoya. Slowly he took his shades to have a better look at her. she was standing in a corner and sulking. Her one hand was on duppatta and other hand was running thorugh her hair. She looked as if she had just gotten out of a shower.

Zoya could feel his gaze on her. Instead of feeling embarrassed, she was getting angry.

"All these people are same… they only know to run behind fame, not to respect others…"

She muttered to herself and walked away.

Don't know why, but as soon as she walked away, Asad felt something empty in him. He shrugged off that thought.

Asad: "by the way Sandy, who's that girl?"

Sandy: "Oh… she… Zoya, that's her name. She's studying with us."

Asad (Shocked): "what!!! But she is… too young… I thought she is in 12th standard..."

Deepak: "She is 23 years old boss and no longer a 12th grade. She is short, that's why you misunderstood…"

Asad: "but how come she can be here? This course is for people with at least 6 years of experience in media right?"

Natasha: "You are correct, but she is an exception. She is a bright student. I overheard the teachers saying that her IQ is too good. She is on full scholarship here. Otherwise how an orphan like her could afford this.."

Asad: "Wow… that's great…"

Jenny: "What great? All this is nonsense. The truth is that she is an attention seeker. Guys, haven't you seen how she always comes back to us even if we humiliate her? She has no dignity for herself yaar…"

Everyone nodded their head as if agreeing to Jenny's comment. Asad, being a down to earth person, could understand that they all were telling that out of jealousy. There is something more to Zoya than they describe, thought Asad.

It's been one month since Asad joined college, thought an emotionally screwed Zoya. From that day onwards she doesn't know what had gotten into her. Even though she felt angry for him in the first day, it slowly started fading away. He was not definitely like the rest. He would often give her company forcing his friends to do the same. He had changed her life. Now nobody treats her as an outcast, at least not in front of her. Day by day he became an inevitable part in her life. She still remembered the day when she realized the true Asad.

***Flashback Starts***

It was just another day of humiliation for her. That day was her birthday, the day which reminds her of how lonely she was… Without showing any sense of sadness, she sat in her desk trying to fully submerge in her books. It was heavily raining outside. Just then, Natasha decided to play a cruel jock on her. She took Zoya's diary in her hand. The diary was everything for Zoya. For years it was with her, it was her best buddy, her only companion. Trying to suppress the anger in her, Zoya politely asked Natasha to handover the diary. But Natasha ran through the class supported by everyone. Zoya pleaded with her almost on the verge of tears.  She could hear Asad telling them to stop, but in vain. At last Natasha did what Zoya was dreading. She threw her diary outside. For a moment Zoya felt that her world had ended. She looked at her diary which was soaking wet in rain. Then her gaze fell upon Natasha and gang who were laughing at her mercilessly. The rage in her got out of control as she yelled.

"You f*****g retards…"

Silence was the reply to her outburst. Shock was clearly evident on everybody's face. Zoya couldn't believe what she just said. She swore for the first time that too 'f' word. Before she break down completely, she gathered herself and ran out. As she stepped outside, her tears got mixed up with rain drops. She sat near her diary. With trembling hands she picked it up. It was fully wet and the ink was spreading due to the wetness. She hugged it tight across her chest as if her lufe depends on it. She closed her eyes in pain letting the tears flow freely.

After a minute or two, she felt a hand on her cheeks wiping her tears away. She opened her eyes only to get it locked with a pair of hazel eyes. It was none other than Asad. His hand moved towards her shoulder helping her to get up. She slowly felt herself standing while her eyes remain locked with his. He threw his one arm across her shoulder in a comforting manner and took her to the nearest bench. Their eye lock broke as they sat in the bench. She muttered a 'thank you' which was received with smile from his side. Asad broke the uncomfortable silence.

Asad: "I am sorry… for what happened.."

Zoya: "Don't be… it's not your mistake"

Again they were back to silent mode.

Asad: "I guess, that diary is important to you…"

Her eyes become moist again with the mention of that. He instantly caught her hands urging her to calm down.

Asad: "Shh… don't cry…. Look at me…"

He raised her chin so that he could see her eyes. He could see pain in those eyes. Those were speaking volume of emotions to him. She slowly wiped her tears.

"It's not a simple diary. It's my life, my only companion. I never thought that it will go away from me like this… that too on this wretched day when I born…"

Asad was shocked hearing that.

"Today… today is your birthday?"

"Don't remind me about that. This day reminds me about the fact that I was born unwanted, living the life on an orphan, with nobody to call as my own except God…"

She looked at Asad who was intensely looking at her.

"You know what, I never asked too much things from God. All I wanted was to belong to someone. I thought my wish was granted when I got admission here. But I was wrong again. Perhaps I was too greedy. Today I realized, I do not belong anywhere… an orphan will always be an orphan..."

With that she broke down. By this time rain had stopped allowing Asad to see how vulnerable she looked.  His heart ached seeing her in that condition. He pulled her into a hug and whispered into her ears.

"You won't be alone till I am here…"

*** Flashback ends***

From that day onwards, she couldn't help but to fall for him. She knew, she is loving a person who will never be hers, who will never ever love a simpleton like her, yet her stupid heart refused to stop loving him. He was an enigma for her, a brand new reason for her to live, to dream…

Her chain of thoughts was broken with an announcement. It was regarding the workshop tour. They have workshops regarding how to make documentaries and this time the topic was about the Bantu Tribes in Azerbaijan. This workshop was essential for them as it will decide the successful completion of their course.

The journey to Azerbaijan was smooth. Even though it was Zoya's first journey in a plane, she was cheerful as always. Asad was sitting next to her and he encouraged her a lot to enjoy the journey.

In Azerbaijan, their accommodation was in a small Bantu village. The tents were already put up for them. Even though the accommodation was mixed, nobody was ready to take Zoya as their tent mate. Alas! She had to occupy a tent alone…She sighed thinking that something will never change…

After having a heartfelt dinner from the tribes, everyone retreated back to their tents except Zoya. She was [playing with the tribal kids. Kids were laughing with her, touching her silky skin, posing for her camera. Soon all the tiredness and sadness were washed away from her heart.

While she was walking towards her tent, she could hear the laughter from the other tents indicating that they were enjoying with each other... Only when she entered the tent she realized that how alone she was. The very thought brought a lonely tear in her eyes. She wiped the tears as she heard a footstep outside her tent. She slowly opened the tent door only to find Asad there, smiling, with a bag in his hand.

"Well… I thought you can occupy one more person in this tent, can't you?"

His question caught her off guard. Trying to hide the pleasure or rather blush, she gestured him to come inside.

In order to suppress the emerging feelings for him, she started arranging her things thereby avoiding him. Once she finished unpacking, she turned to his side only to see him shirtless. His six pack body was surely a treat to watch. Her mouth left hang open. Trying to get a grip on herself, she spoke while closing her eyes.

"Asad… Wha… what are… you…doing?"

He started laughing seeing her reaction.

"Hey chill… I am just changing my shirt. Unlike you girls, boys don't need a private place to do that…. Now open your eyes"

She flushed hard hearing this but refused to open her eyes. It took all his strength to make her open the eyes. Once opened, she was relieved to see him dressed.

On the other hand, Asad was thoroughly enjoying her reactions. She was really cute… soo innocent…. It is true that the age gap between them is 8 years yet he felt that he belongs to her. Speaking to her provided him a very calm feeling in his heart. After all he is not the only one with a painful past.

His chain of thoughts was broken when they heard laughter and noises form other tents. Once again her face turned to gloomy. Noticing this Asad went and sat near her and kept his hand on her shoulder.

"Zoya… Don't be sad…. They don't deserve you. Let them do whatever they want. I am right here… with you…"

Her eyes moistened.

"Why Asad? Why? Why are you here? You should have been with them. Why you always come as a knight in shining harmour for me? You ought to be happy. You don't have to bear this burden."

His jaw tightened hearing that.

"Don't… don't ever say that you are a burden, because you are not. What you think, only you have pain?"

He stopped and looked at Zoya who was frightened by his sudden outburst. He calmed down seeing the fear in her eyes.

"Look at me Zoya. For the world, my life is perfect. Son of rich parents, got the fame and awards in younger age itself, girls and money is running behind me… but what nobody knows is that in my life nothing is perfect. I have parents, but I grew without getting their love. They didn't have time for me ever. They thought money can give me all the happiness, but what they forgot is that a small kid craves for love, not for money. It's true, I am not an orphan. I have my parents. But do I really have them? The answer is no… even after having everyone, I don't have anyone to call as my own. That hurts…"

He closed his eyes to let the tears roll away. He felt a soft touch in his eyes wiping away the tears. Wordlessly, he knew to whom that hand belongs to. Without saying anything, he pulled her into a bone crushing hug. He needed that… he desperately wanted someone to hold on to… someone who considers him not as fame, but as a human being… and at that moment he knew, only she can do that… Even though he started telling his story to soothe her pain, it turned out to be a way to soothe him.

He slowly parted himself away from her and looked at her face. Her face was red with all the crying she had done. He slowly started kissing her face. Her forehead… her eyes… her nose…her cheeks… she shivered at the touch of his lips on her smooth skin. She closed her eyes. His eyes stopped at her rosy, trembling lips. He wondered how it will taste in his mouth. Slowly shaking himself out of that thought, he pulled her into another hug and after a few seconds broke apart.

"Thanks for listening to me Zoya. I feel soo light now."

She smiled while trying to hide her flushed cheeks. They prepared the bed so that they can sleep. They both laid there in an arm's length away. After 5 minutes or so, Asad called her name.

"Zoya"

"Hm"

"Will you… will you sleep in my arm's tonight? I don't want to feel lonely…"

She looked at his outstretched hand. After a moment's hesitation, she went closer to him, her head in his shoulder, his hand perfectly wrapped around her tiny waist, her hand above his heart. She didn't want to think about the world at that moment. She didn't care about whether he will ever love her like she does. All she cared was him… and she was there… in the most beautiful place on earth, in his arms…

While she was busy assessing her own feelings, what she failed to notice was the contented smile playing on his lips.  He realized, she had grown into an enigma for him, an enigma which drew him closer to her. She was the perfect mate for whom he was searching for years… his better half… The only girl who can fill the void in his life… And he was happy, she was there… in his arms... as the most beautiful thing on the earth…

***THE END***

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanshzza thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
yipeee I m d first🥳
such a nice os👏
loved it❤️
Surish thumbnail
Gudduluvs thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Wow...it ws soo beautiful..pefect..luvd it...thnks for pm...
rajnid68 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
without doubt. .full of creativity..
loving and amazing storyline. .
both in pain..thats why they were drawn to each other.
hope to get many more from you..
thanxs
Shubh007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Only one word for this os AWSOME...😊
mamathasridhar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
too gud...loved the ending :)👏
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6