ArHi FF! The Cult [Completed] - Page 52

Posted: 10 years ago
Hey RB , when are you updating this FF ?
plzzz plzzz update cult also
waiting since ages for this story to continue
so plzzz try to update this also

Chapter 13:

It's the slowest week of my life. I experienced severe headache and exhaustion over the past few days but now it was plain boredom which piled on to residual tiredness. Arav has been a wonderful company and I am able to forget everything that has happened in last couple of weeks. The impending talk with Shyam made me only respect him more.

Shyam didn't refute the facts Khushi had shared with me. He wanted to help Khushi and he did. He would never repent that. What surprised me most was that Anjali was already aware of this. I wanted to feel betrayed for being left out on their little secret but I remember Anjali's state of mind from back then. When Shyam entered her life, she was a mess of emotions, old scars and new wounds. He had healed her in more than one way and they had bonded over a lengthy period of time. Shyam truly loved Anjali and exercised patience when her past caught up with her. When Arav entered their life, Anjali visibly changed. She was more relaxed, not clinging to the darkness of her past and welcomed the bundle of joy. And every time she slipped, Shyam was always there to pull her back from depth of black pit.

"Arav is growing up so fast," I comment seeing him working on a two thousand piece jigsaw puzzle I bought him weeks ago. There is tightness in my chest as the implications of my words make my own lack of legacy glorified.

"He will be six in two months Arnav," Anjali deadpanned. Shyam chuckled and shared a look with me.

"Still," I persist. "It's nice of him to stay home and give me company." My heart warms at tat memory. The little boy came to my room and declared that he wasn't going to school till I was good to go to work Shyam had supported his son's decision amidst Anjali's grumbling of her son missing school but she relaxed seeing how I looked calmer as he ignored the two adults and played Uno with his nephew. At least that's what I thought.

Anjali rolls her eyes. "You know how he prefers to stay at home rather than going to school."

I couldn't help laugh. Anjali's eyes are hovering over me seeing the tautness of my profile and know that something is amiss. She is trying to formulate the words in her mind when Shyam interjects.

"Anjali, may I have another cup of this truly amazing tea? I think Arnav also needs a refill." He smiled charmingly. Anjali looks at me and then at Shyam and shrugs. She knows there are things I discuss only with Shyam not because I disrespect her point of view but because Shyam comes with more worldly experience. He always helps me to see things from a different perspective – one that I would never look for.

"What's bothering you?" Shyam asks me the moment Anjali is out of hearing distance.

"I am not sure how much I can trust Khushi or even believe her for that matter. The doctors think it's a miracle that I am alive but I know she administered antidote on me. How could she possibly have an antidote in her purse? It feels almost as if-"

"She was anticipating an attack you." Shyam finishes it for me. I nod gravely.

"I wouldn't be too surprised if she was prepared for it Arnav." Shyam looks thoughtful for several seconds before he continues. "Didn't you already know that the cult was on to you?"

I wipe my face with my palm. "I did Shyam and I know that it isn't over. But doesn't it all seem very convenient to you? I get poisoned which should have killed me in twenty minutes but she is there with the exact antidote to save my life."

Shyam held a smile. "You'll be surprised the kind of stuff she packs in her bag Arnav. You'll find these small zip lock covers with various herbs – dangerous and medicinal, scribbling in a language not known to the outside world-"

"Wait," I stop him and sit up a little straight wincing at the pain caused by my wound. "What do you mean by 'little zip lock covers'?" My mind is stuck on a crime scene I saw not long ago. "I have to make a call." I stand up and groan when my side hurt. Shyam is standing next to me and is steadying my shaking form. "My room," I groan again when the pain on my side increases in intensity.

Shyam settles me on my bed and hands me my Blackberry. I mumble a silence thanks and he leaves me to my thoughts.

I make my first call. Arjun picks up the phone after three rings. "You couldn't have called me at better time," he gushes on the phone. I wait for him to continue. "Helen was most definitely poisoned by something that hasn't been cataloged yet. She died within twenty minutes of ingestion of poison."

"Did you check the pill in zip lock cover in her hand?" I ask him urgency creeping in my voice.

His sigh is dramatic. "It was an analgesic."

"What about the cover itself?" I am clasping at a small cloud of hope which may dissolve into nothingness but the surety in my gut doesn't dampen my enthusiasm.

"I didn't think that was necessary Arnav. Do you want me to?" Arjun doesn't question my requests anymore.

"Please Arjun." I finish the call, my mind pacing in several directions.

I call Keith next. Though I am on medical leave, Shukla and Keith give me regular updates. Anjali grumbles and once even tells me to open an office in our garage and I almost consider it to Anjali's annoyance and laugh at her indignant rant. "Can you pick me up?" I ask him. He knows by now that I have called him because Shukla was cahoots with Anjali and would report to her before I could even step out of the house. Keith was safer and easier to…well, dominate.

"Am walking out of the station right now. Where are we going?" I can hear the ruffle of his jacket and wonder if I should really say the words I want to. "Don't tell Shukla." I mutter and hang up as Keith's bubbly laugh start.

I stalk outside the house and almost give into the temptation of lighting a cigarette. It would be easy…so easy to just to take a drag and let the heat consume the pain. The lighter in my pocket is a constant reminder of the habit I was trying to quit. Instead I pop in a Nicorette and feel tension ease a little. Keith arrives twenty minutes later and flails his arms while explaining the reason for his delay.

"Where are we going?" Keith asks me again.

"I have to talk to Khushi," I lean back on seat and try to ignore Keith's surprised filled rant. Edited by RockBarbie - 10 years ago
Main :) 

~Edit~

Hazaaron laakhon sorry for the late unres RB 

Arav is pleasing his Mamu whist enjoying a day off from school, smart boy ! 

This poison mystery holds an important key - the connection with what was left near Helen's body, why Khushi is carrying around an antidote, how she knew Arnav would be poisoned and that too using the same toxin. What is going on here ? 

Will have to wait for RB to connect the dots for us :) 
Edited by vgedin - 10 years ago
Fascinating.

I feel children are antidotes to the most complex problems. Who in this world can resist a happy, uno playing child? :-)

It is indeed a curious coincidence. I find it... almost too coincidental. The imagination of this lady is very rapid, it quickly jumps from one theory to the next :-)

Keep them coming, RB.

-Sangfroid
Helen was poisoned with the same poison as Arnav and Khushi knew the antidote to administer, how? Why did she save Arnav? What does she want?

I am not surprised Anjali knew about Shyam and Khushi, they seem to be a pretty balanced couple. What surprises me is Anjali not sharing the details with Arnav, knowing how he is starting to feel about Khushi.

I did not like school much and hence like Arav a lot more for that reason.
Will come back😊
------------------------------------------------------

Ohhh...this is surely exciting. So Arnav and Helen were administered the same poison...and according to Khushi this is done by a pseudo cult...how did she know the right antidote? I sooo want Khushi to be innocent and a happy ending for Arnav and Khushi in this story...is that what you also have in your mind RB san? 😊
Edited by atulg - 10 years ago
same people/poison is involved.  Where do they get it?  Khushi??????????
😃

Mystery is intensified ...
why indeed was Khushi carrying the anti-dote to the poison used on Arnav ...
can totally understand Arnavs restlessness to meet Khushi ...

Arav is so cute .. all out to please his Mama and help him recover fast ...

Thanks RB ...
Edited by Kishmish - 10 years ago
R
Reading the previous chapters again😉
The  Cult is being incriminated by making the murders look like their handiwork?😊
Who or What or why?😕

Edited by tvpal007 - 10 years ago