Small-screen’s Rani gets going

TiNa58 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

This small-screen's Rani is on cloud nine these days. Her serial Woh Rehnewali Mehlon Ki has overtaken rival shows on Zee and Sony according to a press release sent by SaharaOne. "I am very happy that my serial is doing well," she gushes. Reena Kapoor, who plays the title role, was earlier seen in Asha Parekh's Kise Apna Kahe and later as Kaya in Dekho Magar Pyaar Se. "It was a very good character but it was sidelined," she reveals. So, it's with Sooraj Barjatya's serial that Reena has finally made it to the big league. "Like everyone, I also went for an audition. Who wouldn't for a Barjatya serial? And they liked me," she says proudly. Like her on-screen character, Reena too is a pampered child, being the youngest of three siblings. Like any girl-next-door she knows cooking and household work, she confeses. It comes in handy for her character who is forced to forsake luxuries and a lavish lifestyle to adjust into a middle-class household after marriage.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ThE_kHan07 thumbnail
Reena better win an award this year for the best NEW COMER FEMALE!!

The juries needs to stop voting for new comers in K soaps!! all they do is CRY CRY CRY AND TALK ABOUT SANSKAR CRAP! 😡
TiNa58 thumbnail
u r sooooo rite!!! i totally agree with u...
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I think she has acted real well. Is this her first serial. She just looks so sweet that you immediately fall for her sweetness.
TiNa58 thumbnail
nope, it isn't her first. she was earlier in kise apna kahein which was aired on sahara. i've seen her in it. she was good. she was in dekho magar pyaar se, too. she played the role of a girl who witnessed her mom killing someone when she was a child and had been bothered by it. it affected her mental condition... she played the role really well but later opted out of the show, as her character wasn't going anywhere...
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks Tina. She does look like a good actress . Lets see how she handles Karan. I want to see how she reacts to his ILU message and if this is just a start of a different side of her personality.