Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Emma.K- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
Banner Credit : Boyznaka

Chapter 19

"Haan Jiji! Kya? You did what?" she yelled, mouth open in a perfect "O". Suddenly Delhi looked a thousand miles away again.

"What do you mean you eloped with Akaash? Are you mad?" Khushi yelled into the phone.

"Khushi, we just couldn't wait. Plus, Akaash can be so pushy. If you know what I mean..." Payal giggled.

"Haye Devi Maiya, did I ask for details? What am I supposed to do now Jiji? How do I break the news to Buaji?" She asked clapping her hand to her forehead.

"See, that's why I called you. I need you to help me with that." Payal said hesitantly.

"No way. I can't Jiji! I'm supposed to meet Arnavji in Delhi, and we're leaving tonight! If Buaji finds out, she'll never let me leave!"

"C'mon Khushi! Fine, just tell her I'm sleeping over at Preeto's house tonight. Go to Delhi with Buaji...wait. What's happening in Delhi with Arnav?"

"Nothing...we're just hanging out."

"Khushi, tell me!"

"Fine, I have an interview! I want to design clothes Jiji, in Delhi! Think about it - me designing bridal attire for AR Designs? Soon you'll see me everywhere, I'll be famous!"

Payal rolled her eyes. "Ok, so that's settled. Now I need another favor! Mummyji and Anjaliji said I can't have my suhaagraat without doing pheras. I can't believe I forgot about that part! So I'm sleeping with Anjaliji tonight..." She pouted.

"Pheras? Who cares about pheras nowadays? Just make a little fire and walk around it with him. And you're done!"

"Khushi, please I need your help!"

"Say no more Jiji! I have a plan so you can get your perfect suhaag raat."

And then everything went into mute mode and only mouths were seen moving as Khushi told Payal the perfect plan.

"Are you sure that will work?"

"Yes! Kamlesh Khabri told me about it. You know how he's always right Jiji!"

"Okay. Thank you Khushi, you're the best sister in world!"

"I know, I know. Gotta run, good luck!"

And with that Khushi put the phone down and sighed. Her erratic heart beats had somewhat slowed down. She could still hear his sexy lagi sharth in her mind.

The sound of Buaji whipping her plait around her neck disrupted her thoughts.  "Sanka Devi! You should be packing, and instead you're blabbering on the phone!"

"Woh...I was talking to Jiji."

"Payal? Where is that girl anyways? I haven't seen her all morning!"

"Uh...she went to visit her friend Preeto's house. They're having a sleepover, so she won't be home tonight" Khushi said nervously.

"A sleepover? But she didn't tell me that! She will be sleeping at their house?" Buaji exclaimed.

"Well if she follows my instructions, she won't be sleeping tonight at all." Khushi muttered under her breath. "Yes Buaji!"

"Where is Preeto's house? I will go visit her before we leave."

"No!!"

Buaji jumped slightly upon hearing her niece's sudden shriek.

"I mean...no Buaji" Khushi said a little too sweetly. "They're probably busy. You know, girls night out? They're having fun..."

"Haan, that's true. I used to have so many girl nights out! We would sing and dance and talk about boys. Oh, boys! They used to love me and my plait! Of course, it was shorter then...now it's much longer, if they saw it now then -"

"Ok, ok! How about you just call jiji? You can talk to her and reassure yourself."

Buaji nodded, but her eyes were still afar, daydreaming about her scandalous past, as Khushi placed the phone in her hand.

"Are you done questioning me, or can I go back to packing?" Khushi asked leaving a Buaji still standing there as she strode off happily.

She thanked her lucky stars for a friend like Kumud, the Internet Queen. After all, Kumud had been the one to help Khushi overcome her fear of running in cholis, she was a good friend. She would take away those pom poms she used, they were old fashioned! She would design special wedding attire for her and her groom.

Maybe things could work out after all! She opened her blue duffel bag and decided to place the most important things at the bottom. Gotas. The clip on ones, the rakhees, the earrings, everything.

She closed the bag with a smile, and then froze upon remembering a certain voice. A girl was picking up Arnavji's phone? Who was this churail?

---

Payal got off the phone with Buaji, assuring her that she was alright. She wasn't sure what would happen next, or how long she would have to lie to Buaji. What would happen when Mummyji and the rest of the family would want to talk to Buaji? Or her parents? She felt terrible for lying, but it was necessary! How could she wait a whole month? 

She left the thought aside, as she had a more important issue at hand.  Payal found the prized possession in Anjali's closet and grinned, well that was easy! Being sent back into her kebab wasn't as bad as she had thought.

There was suddenly a  knock on the door and Payal hid the little bottle in the frills of her sari. How convenient! Maybe that's why Khushi liked frilly articles of clothing, she could easily hide things.

The door opened and there stood her very own Harry Potter ji. This bespectacled man that she loved so dearly.

"Payal what do we do? We can't have our suhagraat now." Akaash grumbled.

"Don't worry Akaash, I have a plan!" She said smacking a kiss on his cute lips.

"And what is your plan?"

Everything went into silent mode once again, and only Payal's mouth moved as she filled him in on her master plan.

"Payal, that's not going to work!"

"Akaash, I am doing this, and it will work. You don't have to do anything, just meet me in the guest room at night!"

"This is so uncool, sneaking around. We're married now; you shouldn't have to do this!"

"If I don't do this, you know what will be cool? The other side of your pillow. Now go!"

Akaash trudged off. He didn't mind her idea; he just had special plans for the night. He had ordered a suitcase of special suhagraat roses he wanted to put on the bed, and hang from the ceiling. He had even downloaded Bahon Ke Darmiyaan on his Iphone, hoping to play it to set the mood. He memorized the lyrics too, hoping to imitate Salman Khan while singing it to her. Alas, here he was singing it to himself.

-------

As the skies got darker, Khushi stared out of the taxi window as her and Buaji made their way towards the train station.

Fear. Nervousness. Excitement.

Khushi Kumari Gupta was reveling in the many sensations. She didn't know what exactly awaited her there, but she had her A game on. She knew how to fight back when challenged. She never lost any bet, mostly because she didn't bet with people very often.

Time flew and Khushi didn't even realize when she was sitting on a train, departing from her loving hometown, embarking on a new journey. Her eyes closed as she drifted off to sleep with a smile on her face.

-------

Anjali entered the house exhausted and drained. She had went onto planning the wedding with Mami after a surprising entry of the newly weds. They even discussed possibly going back to Delhi soon, after the camp was over. She had then rushed to the hospital attending some important work there.

Right now she needed to relax. Luckily Shyam wouldn't be around tonight.  She had threatened him before she left, saying that if he came to her at night, he wouldn't get to sleep with her until after their second child was born. Poor Shyam didn't even realize that there would be no second baby at all if they didn't sleep together, so instead he complied sadly! And she wouldn't have to hear that slow version of Daiya Ho that he sang to the baby every night!

She made her way to her room, only to find Payal smiling at her. She smiled at her warmly, although she was upset that they had run off and eloped, she liked Payal. She was a nice girl and perfect for her Akaash.

"Di, you look really tired. Why don't you have a seat?" She said taking the lab coat off of her and pushing her gently on the bed.

Anjali massaged her temples. The medicine part of her day was over, now onto Chotey's wedding...

"Have you heard from Khushiji?" Anjali asked.

"Oh yes, she's on her way to Delhi with Buaji I think."

Anjali's eyes brightened instantly. Khushi going to Delhi meant meeting with Chotey, which meant them working together, which meant more attraction, which meant marriage! She could see light at the end of the tunnel; she just hoped it wasn't a train.

"Really? Oh that's wonderful!" Anjali clapped her hands in delight.

"Di, you've had a rough day, how about I give you a head massage?" Payal asked. She wanted her Harry Potterji. She was already in her Hogwarts, all she needed was some Felix Felicis, her liquid luck! She brought out the almond oil with chameli extracts that she had been hiding in the frills of her sari.

She would give Anjali the perfect head massage, which would lead to her falling into a deep deep sleep. And then the fun would begin!

"It's alright Payal ji, I'm honestly fine!"

"No no, please. Let me do his for you, I know you must be disappointed in me and Akaash." Payal said embarrassingly, opening the bottle and pouring some of the oil into her hands.

"Well...a little bit. But that's...oh." Anjali stopped talking as soon as she felt her scalp being massaged. It felt so good.

Soon, she felt her eyes slowly closing as she fell into a deep sleep. Payal heard the soft snore and grinned. Her plan had successfully worked!

She placed Anjali in a more comfortable position, and left for the guestroom where Akaash would meet her.

On the other hand, Shyam was so used to singing to Anjali's tummy at night; he did it to Akaash's too. Surprisingly, as much as Akaash hated the tune his brother-in-law hummed loudly when he got annoyed, he liked the slow version. It lulled him to sleep, leaving poor Payal waiting alone.

---

Khushi awoke to the sun rays hitting her face. She felt the train come to a stop and realized they were finally here. Delhi!

Her dreams would finally come true.  She would become a big designer. There would be placards everywhere with her...gotas.

All she had to do now was attend that interview, learn how to flirt, find out who that woman was, and convince Buaji that she wanted to stay here. Buaji had been more than willing when Anjali came with the proposal, so she wouldn't have a problem with it now...right?

They got off the train and made their way into Laxmi Nagar, where Khushi recalled her childhood memories. She smelled the air and smiled gleefully, here I am. They settled down in Buaji's small but homely place.

"Ok Buaji gotta run now!" Khushi said as soon as she finished placing all her belongings in her little cloth bag, that swung along her hip,

"Where are you going?" Buaji exclaimed.

"Ar...Kumud's house of course! Remember, I need to design clothes for her! I'll be off now." Khushi smiled and left the house.

"Khushi!" Buaji screeched but she was already gone. Even Buaji wanted to go with her, and catch a glimpse of that Saraswati. Last night on the train she had a dream that they were sky diving together. She had heard such wonderful things about him. He was said to be just like the goddess Saraswati, only male. She heard he had beautiful eyes, but that was it. Apparently he was so rich, nice and traditional. He fasted too! Buaji sighed, ajj kal aise larke milte kahan hai?

-----

Khushi got on the auto and huffed to the driver out of breath "AR Designs."

About 10 minutes later, Khushi hopped off the auto and after nagging him for charging her extra, she made her way inside the building. She was welcomed by the glass doors, the red brick walls and the big AR plastered in the middle of everything.

Many people walked and ran around, papers and designs in hand. She squealed in delight merely thinking about working here and fulfilling her dream!

The front desk was empty. Arnavji's office couldn't be hard too find! She would surprise him.  After all, when life gives you lemons, you squeeze them in people's eyes.

--------

Arnav sat in his office smirking with a file in hand. He heard her payals instantly and he mentally counted in his head...3, 2, 1. Then there was a knock at the door. Finally.

"Come in!" He called out, pretending not to notice her. When in fact, he was dying to get a look at her. He had missed her terribly, he didn't know why but he truly did. Her crazy talks and antics, everything! And the rage that had been building inside of him after hearing about the proposals coming for her was unstoppable.

He could already feel Khushi's narrowed eyes on him. He looked up and put a surprised look on his face, "Khushi? Tum? Yahaan?"

"Yes Arnavji, I'm here!" She said cheerily taking a seat in the empty chair. "Now take my interview!"

"Woah, wait a second. I had no idea you were coming, and I have a meeting to attend soon. Looks like I can't take your interview now!" He said shrugging as he got up and stood beside her.

She got up instantly, "Kya?? What do you mean you can't take my interview?! I came here all the way from Lucknow because you said that if I didn't come today, I wouldn't get the job! Do you know how difficult it was? Especially after jiji's call saying she eloped with Akaashji!"

"What? Akaash and Payal eloped?"

"Yes! Imagine how I was feeling at the time. All the pain and worry! I was scared for my life Arnavji." She said dramatically. "Well anyways, I told Buaji that she was at a friend's house. I guess we'll deal with it later!"

"I still can't believe they did that."

"Me neither Arnavji, but I guess they were desperate. And it's so filmy too!" She blabbered on. "Back to my story! Do you understand now? All the lies and hard work I put into this! I lied to my darling Buaji! You know, I called Kumud- I mean Kumudsundari, and she helped me hatch a plan by telling Buaji she wanted my gotas on her maadern wedding attire. Well who wouldn't, right?" She asked smiling to herself dreamily.

"Who the hell is Kumudsundari?"

"My friend! Anyways, you said I wouldn't get the job if I didn't come today and then I would have to marry that Suraj and make jalebies with him! Tell me Arnavji, how do I make jalebies with someone other than myself? It's my hobby, all MINE! Kitne ajeeb hoga! And then I would have to be that Bhaboji's daughter-in-law! Can you imagine that, Khushi beendni! So you better take this interview -"

She was abruptly cut off as Arnav grabbed her and placed his lips on hers. She sighed and surrendered to his hold, this was more like it. She had missed this arrogant, yet utterly handsome man who made her feel more womanly than possible.

His lips made their way to her jaw and she felt her heart go dhak dhak. "Fine, I'll take your interview. But on one condition. You have to flirt with me." He stated blatantly.

How did he even do that? She felt like jelly, about to collapse any second had his arms not been around her waist.

"Flirt with you?" Her heart thumped faster.

"Have you forgotten about our sharth?" He asked as he placed butterfly kisses down the column of her neck. "You wouldn't back down from a bet, now would you?"

She gulped. Never!

"Of course I remember! Khushi Kumari Gupta never backs down from a challenge. But first, you have to answer one question! You said you would answer all my questions when I got here." She said pushing him away slightly.

He sighed. "Ok, fine."

"Who was that girl that picked up your phone yesterday?"

He felt like grinning. "Oh her? That was just...nothing."

"What do you mean nothing?"

"It's not a big deal Khushi, so what if she picked up my phone? It meant nothing."

"Kya meant nothing? What were you both doing?" She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Why do want to know so badly? Why does it matter to you?" He asked walking towards her as if she was his prey. Approaching her until she was flat against the wall.

"I a-asked and I want an answer!" She exclaimed as calmly as she could.

"Par tumhe kyun faraq padhta hai?"

"Faraq padhta hai..."

"Kyun?" He asked in his husky voice.

"Kyunki..."

And then there was a knock on the door, disrupting their moment.

"Sorry ASR, I didn't mean to bother you! I just came to give you this file you asked for." The girl replied.

Khushi took a good look at her, light brown long hair, bronze skin tone, clothes too tight and a smile on her face.

"Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear." Arnav groaned under his breath. "Thank you." He said taking the file from her hands.

"Oh meet Khushi, she...she will be working with us very soon." Arnav said to the girl.

"And Khushi, this is my secretary, the one you were talking to on the phone yesterday." He smirked at her again. "Meet Sheetal."

-----------------------------

A/N : Ok guys, that's it! Hope you liked it, and I hope I made you smile at least once throughout the whole thing. A big thank you to Maxine and Saiyu for helping me with their reviews! Have fun reading, and don't forget to comment/like if you enjoyed it :)

(And yes I know I'm evil for bringing in Sheetal, don't hate me!😆)

Edited by -Emma.K- - 11 years ago
EXPELLIARMUS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Res for comment!

Edit:

Emma, I loved this chapter!

Harry Potter, Hogwarts and Felix Felicis, you had me at that!

The mute mode, who would have thought? LOL!

Slow version of Daiyya ho? Baahon ke darmiyaan on the Iphone? More LOLing!

Buaji' s scandalous past and dreams, kya bolun ab?

And you brought in Faraq padhta hai, gotta love that!

I just loved that whole Arnav-Khushi part. 

And now, Sheetal bhi aagayi., leaving Khushi in the grip of the green-eyed monster?

Guess we'll have to wait for Zehra to tell us!

Edited by EXPELLIARMUS - 11 years ago
Rasgulla_sp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
res

Edited:

This was one of the funniest chapters of this collab.

The two things that made me laugh the most were Buaji's scandalous thoughts about her youth and about Saraswati Chandra 😆

Is it now a trend of this collab to mock SC? I know nothing about the show

This is IPK 2.0 literally with Khushi brushing off the importance of pheras, giving ideas for suhag raat, Harry Potter ji carrying a bag full of flowers 😃 to decorate the bed (i had found it quite strange for ASR  to have done that on the show) and all went phoos coz of Daiya Ho 😆

Even with everything there is a sense of anticipation we experience to witness Arnav and Khushi's conversation. Bada maza aaya padke. That was really the best way to shut her up 😉 😳

And then towards the end you brought Sheetal! 😡

Edited by Rasgulla_sp - 11 years ago
hojp thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Meant Nothing! Really.

Now comes Awsome Threesome!!!!!
Edited by Bsasqq - 11 years ago
Take_That thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Payal says Akash can be pushy!?🤣

Hey I liked how the story went into mute mode and we couldn't read (or hear!?) anything! Creative!😊

Now I am all curious! Plan was played mute again! Bhaat is the plan? Tells tells!

Akash plans to play Baahon ki darmiyan? Like, really! This is beyond hilarious!😆

Oh so that was Payal's plan! But Akash also fell asleep because of Shyam!😆

Buaji is sky diving with Saras! OMG! Buaji's dreams never grow old unlike Buaji!😆

Khushi beendni!🤣

Let the flirting begin!

Emma that was an awesome update! I was grinning throughout the update!👏

Btw aapke "Who knew" ka kya hua? When will we get the next one?

tashi26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Awesome update...I couldn't stop laughing while reading it...anjali told Shyam she would not sleep with him till the second child is born...hahaha...and aakash slept like really he slept on his Suhaagraat by Shyam singing him daiyya ho...loved the update
tanvia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
awesome i loved it
great it was
jisa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
awesome as always!!!
w8ng for next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kishmish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
😃

That was absolutely amazing ... 👏 
was 🤣 my guts out ... 
Khushi and her plans for Payal-Aakash's suhag-raat ... 
Edited by Kishmish - 11 years ago
1chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Poor Payal! She made such plans for her suhaag raat and Aakash goes off to sleep listening to Daiya ho from Shyam. Hilarious! Loved the mute mode. Great idea! Why is Sheetal everywhere? 
Buaji is hilarious with her sky diving. 
Waiting for the flirting to begin.