ArVi-licious thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Has anybody in the forum read the novel( with d same name) on which this show is based??

Google says its a pretty old book. Four parts apparently.. Also there was a movied based on it..
so any Gujaratis who have read d original series?? Is d novel series available in other languages?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ishaqzaadi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I'm currently reading a translated/abridged version. Just a few more chapters till I'm done with it and it's BRILLIANT. Highly recommended. I guess I don't really have to say that though... the fact that it's considered an epic, has had a brilliant movie based on it and now a filmmaker like SLB chooses it to debut on TV with, is also evidence of how touching and memorable the story is. 

While reading it, it's been easy to imagine Gautam and Jennifer as the faces of Saraswatichandra also Kumud. It also strikes one as the perfect 'SLB' venture. It has the SLB stamp on every page :-)

I'm sure that they will bring quite a few changes to it, for the TV serial, to reach the audience of today. However, it's apparent already that they're keeping the essence of the story intact.
Edited by Ishaqzaadi - 11 years ago
-Araina- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I can read in Gujarati and I really want to read the novel. But the thing is, I can't find it online and it's not available in libraries in USA =( My friends in India say the novel is brilliant so definitely worth reading.
Ishaqzaadi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: *Khushii*

I can read in Gujarati and I really want to read the novel. But the thing is, I can't find it online and it's not available in libraries in USA =( My friends in India say the novel is brilliant so definitely worth reading.

You can buy the English translation online at AbeBooks.com / IndiaClub.com
yaqeen. thumbnail

I also want to read it so when ANYONE will get the link of the ONLINE NOVEL... please lemme know! ðŸ˜³
yaqeen. thumbnail

*In English!! ðŸ˜›
ArVi-licious thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Ishaqzaadi

You can buy the English translation online at AbeBooks.com / IndiaClub.com

thank you for d info 😊
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I saw the movie version of it staring Nutan. It was really depressing and sad the way the story ended.   Edited by Midnightsorrow - 11 years ago
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
long back I saw the movie now want to see the show
ilovepyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
If anyone manages to get an english version of this, pleaseee let me know! ðŸ˜³