Views

Users

Frequent Posters

littleflaws thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

True Love

Chapter 11

Antara showed Ishika around the whole campus as she pointed and named the spots.

Ishika heaved a sigh, "It surely is a big place, and how do you live here? It's so big."

Antara giggled, "I don't live here, I get my education here, but yes considering I am the student president I do spend most of the day time on campus."

"So, what class does Ms. Student president has next?"

"Public communication which is your next class too"

"Glad to have a known face in the room."

"Oh you will have many known faces in this room," Antara winked, "Not only that, you have at least one person from the group in all your classes. Lucky."

Ishika exclaimed, "Really? When did I get so lucky," as she pulled out her schedule.

Turning around the corner, Antara lead her into the very first door saying, "Oh come on even if you didn't had someone from the group it would not take you more than five minutes to make quite a few friends in each of your classes."

Ishika chuckled, "That's not true. I am very shy have you seen how big this place is? And people over here are so different than in Manali." Ishika slid in to the chair next to Antara and put her books on the desk.

Antara commented, "In the end they are what you are. Human."

"Sure," Ishika rolled her eyes as if that was a good enough reason.

"Hey guys," Nikita greeted as she walked down the row and took her seat followed by Sunayna.

Seeing them walk pass the empty seats around them, it struck her that she might be seating in someone's place. "Did you steal some one's place?"

"Yes, you did."

Ishika turned towards to the source of voice to see Dhruv and Yash walk in followed by Raj and Jayraj. She got up saying, "Oh I am sorry."

"It's fine. We don't have assigned seats. It's just that the place you take on the first day becomes your spot and considering that today is your first day and you took the spot." Dhruv smiled.

"No but, it completely went out of my mind that I joined in middle of the semester."

Yash went and sat on the other side of Antara, "Don't worry, he can find another spot. It's not like all the chairs in this class are taken. Even if they are he would be glad to skip the lecture and walk out."

Dhruv gave a mocking look to his friend, "Yeah whatever, like you would not take up the very opportunity if you got it." He slid in the empty chair besides Ishika.

Jayraj gave him a look before walking around and sliding in behind him.

"Great dude you had to take my place," some boy who walked in said seeing Jayraj seating in his spot.

Realizing what just happened, Ishika looked from the boy to Jayraj to Dhruv before saying, "Great I just messed the entire thing. AT, couldn't you have told me that the place was taken."

"OCD much, I am sorry I was too busy talking with you only."

Ishika flipped the page and continued her doodling on the next page. This public communication in other words 'speech' class was way too boring for her. She was good with public; she didn't need a class for that. She was a natural speaker, yet here she was stuck taking it because her major demanded for it.

Antara glanced over her and leaning in pulled away the book from her.

"Hey," Ishika let out a low gasp but Antara didn't look up at her, just showed her palm before using the same hand to flip the page to the previous page.

Antara smiled seeing the page full of doodles, "You still do this huh?" she whispered.

"I can't help it if this class wants to make me snore," Ishika whispered back making sure the professor didn't hear her.

Dhruv and Yash who did hear her let out a low chuckle, which this time was heard by the professor. Antara shot Dhruv a look and before she could tilt her head the other side to glare at Yash the professor asked, "Anything funny?"

All four shook their head negatively and looked down into their open-books. The professor shook his head and continued on with the lecture.

As soon as he got back in the lecture Antara picked up her pen, turned over the page and doodled something in middle.

Ishika frowned; she was planning on continuing to mess up the page from previous one. Apparently her doodles don't get interrupted by others is really important to her.

After some time Antara slid the book towards her. Ishika looked down and smiled when she saw a familiar pattern. It was their childhood doodle of all time. On every page they doodle both of them will leave this pattern. Ishika gave a side glance to her best friend before picking up her pen and adding her part to the pattern and making it complete.

Before Ishika can continue on to fill the page with more nothingness, she heard Dhruv pack up besides her and heard the rest of the students starting to get ready to leave. She sighed looking at the clock, it was time to go. She can't remember if she had ever been this happy in her life.

Yet instead of packing her things up, she put her head down as soon as the teacher left the room. She groaned when she felt a poke.

"What?" She asked finally looking at Antara.

"Let's go, I don't want to stay in this gloomy room a minute longer."

Later on in the college outdoor caf Ishika pulled out a chair and ordered White Chocolate Mocha before pulling out a book to read. The caf was not that big as it was just like a stop by food place for the students to grab something on their way to class. The main canteen was on the other side from where she sat at the moment. Stating that, the caf was nearly empty. One, it was outdoor and January winter of Kashmir is not as pleasing for students to sit outdoors. But, Ishika liked the sun shining and adding not much but a little warmth to the weather.

She felt alone as Antara had left for her next lecture and so did the rest of them. Not exactly sure what classes they were in, all she knew was that she was done for the day. She was just waiting on her friend to be done with her classes of the day so that both of them can go to Antara's parent's caf together. She was excited to meet Antara's parents after such a long time. Mostly she missed her parents and she knew for a fact that when she will meet Aalekh and Varsha she will feel her parents' presence. Aalekh and Varsha were really good friends of her parents and she knows around them they will never make her realize their absence in her life. That is exactly what she needed right now.

She closed the book and picked up the cup the waiter just placed on her table. She sighed taking the sip and tasting the delicious chocolate mixed with coffee, she could not get her mind in to the book. Not that the book was boring but her mind occupied many other things to not give her space to read in peace.

"Can't get your mind in it huh?"

She turned around to see Dhruv smiling. He walked over and asked with his eyes if he can join her. She nodded moving her purse to the other side.

"You don't have a class right now?" Ishika asked.

Dhruv shook his head, "Just got out of one. Luckily that was the last one for the day. I knew that rest of them have something or other right now so was going to go to the Student life building and get some work done in student government office. It was not until I passed by that it struck me that I saw you. I turned around, and stood for second not sure if you will prefer my company. But then I saw you close the book so thought of giving it a try."

"Student government? You in it too?"

"Yup," he replied pressing his 'p', "Cultural head. So, what is it that is not letting you read?"

Ishika picked up the cup remembering Antara had mentioned that just last night. She took another sip before asking, "Do you want something?" Just then the waiter placed a cup in front of Dhruv. Looks like she was dodging the questions. A simple question yet she found it hard to answer.

Dhruv smiled, "He knows me and what I like," saying so he thanked the waiter and looked at Ishika. He realized what she was doing.

"Don't look at me like that?"

"Like what?" Dhruv asked innocently, as if not aware what she was talking about. He sipped his Caramel Frappuccino.   

Ishika sighed, "Nothing just new environment. It will take time for me to fit in the zone and away from the world when I pick up a book."

Dhruv eyed her carefully, "Sounds like you read frequently and if that is true then a reader can usually read anyplace where there is no noise. This place is just the right one."

Ishika looked down at her drink, he was right. She knew that, it was just that she didn't want to tell him the real reason. So, she changed the topic, "I guess now I know why you would be ready to skip speech class if gotten a chance."

Dhruv gave a dramatic groan, "That class is out of my mind. I mean I am the cultural head; I don't need a speech class. If I sucked in my communication method I won't be the CH right now."

Ishika laughed at this attempt of doing something dramatic, "You might be a good communicator and very nice head of cultural activities but you are definitely not good at drama!"

"I see honest blunt."

Ishika bit her tongue, "Sorry if I sounded harsh. I didn't mean to offend you."

"Oh no not at all," Dhruv said, "I actually like it that you said as you felt. Besides, I no I am not an actor other wise I won't be majoring in Social Business."

"Business, nice. I guess leading a team for college events is a nice place to start. What kind of business you want to settle in?"

"Not yet decided, still roaming between the options. What about you? What are you majoring in?"

"Web designing along with dance and art as minor."

"Nice, well after the one and only dance with you I would have guessed that you were in to dance more than it just being minor."

"I am. Dance is all about passion and its mine. But, my mom didn't want me to become a dancer as she was one and it brought some obstacles in her life."

"How can dance bring obstacles?" Dhruv asked not at all realizing he might be hitting a very delicate subject.

Ishika looked at him, no words but this time she didn't look away. She was debating in if she should open up to him. After last night, especially after he said that he did care if it mattered to her, she liked him more. This time it was more than physical attraction. His words were straight from the heart, but he was still a stranger in her life. Practically she didn't know anything about him other than his name. She picked up her cup and took a long sip, not realizing she nearly chocked up.

Handing her the napkin from the stand in middle of the table, Dhruv patted her back. "It's okay you don't have to answer if you don't want too."

Controlling herself Ishika inhaled deeply. "Are you alright?" Dhruv asked to which she simply nodded and cleared her throat.

Dhruv continued, "But know this, once you do think that we have become good enough friends and if needed, me and my ears both are always here."

Ishika smiled at his understanding. She felt bad for not answering any of his questions honestly even after he has proved to be genuine over and over again. From their first meeting on-wards he had attracted her, she knew she liked him yet she was not opening up to him as a friend. But she reasoned herself saying it was normal. Two nights and one day is not enough to make some one that good of a friend to lend him into your past.

"One day," she said barely a whisper, but making sure that he heard her.

Next Part: Chapter 12

So, there you go guys. Next chapter is up. Really hope you guys like it.. Leave your feedbacks! 

Do Comment / Press Like.

Xx Monal xX

Edited by *mystic.moon* - 11 years ago
KoolKatz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Yippie i am the first one to comment...
Amazing update yaaar...i just love antara and ishika bonding...
and dhruv and ishika part was good too...luved the line-"me and my ear are always here..."

-FrozenRain- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This is great..I just love the blend of feelings around.
Ishita and dhruv are great person..
The bond between Anthra and Ish is great as well.
It would be great to see them all with open hearts..
Still Ish  needs time to open up..
And I hope time passes by soon..

Great Update  <3
crazysky thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
its super awesome loved it
angel_smily thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
awesome update
luvd it
thanks for the pm
Breezyexpanse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome update 

loved the bond b/w Ish n AT

dhruv  n ishika part was good
littleflaws thumbnail

Originally posted by: KoolKatz

Yippie i am the first one to comment...
Amazing update yaaar...i just love antara and ishika bonding...
and dhruv and ishika part was good too...luved the line-"me and my ear are always here..."

thank you. I am glad you liked d chap.

littleflaws thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmaju

This is great..I just love the blend of feelings around.thanks asma.
Ishita and dhruv are great person..yup they are!
The bond between Anthra and Ish is great as well. best friends. that is one bond I really want to focus on alone with all the love in air hehe :p
It would be great to see them all with open hearts..It takes time. Insecurites are a big thing that always tags along with a person.
Still Ish  needs time to open up..You got it!
And I hope time passes by soon..I will try to make it possible

Great Update  <3

thanks for the lovely comment 😳
littleflaws thumbnail

Originally posted by: crazysky

its super awesome loved it

thanks
littleflaws thumbnail