RoNaKy JiM thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Hey K Street fans

I'm English and I have never been to India nor have I been around an Indian person enough to hear what the language is actually like.

But I'm curious to know, in K Street Pali Hill they always seem to break into English when talking and have the odd English phrase here and there. Is that what the Indian language is really like or is that just K Street Pali Hill?

Many thanks.
RoNaKy JiM

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

winner13 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Hi Jim. 😊 Well, all Indian languages use a great deal of English as a form of expression, for example people who are actually talking in Hindi will occassionally use English coz it suits them or to express something better. Actually we don't even realise when we switch between languages because we are so used to talking in both. Esp, Hindi spoken in Bombay uses quite a few English words and that's the same thing you see in our serials. A mixture of Hindi and English, something more on the lines of a slang language, neither totally in Hindi nor in English, believe me, I know how strange this must be sounding to you, but its true. Don't be confused, Indian languages are actually very flexible and have borrowed many words from English and use them liberally. Its very confusing if you haven't been to India or speak any Indian language, but I hope I helped clear up at least some of your doubts. 😊