vikus lined up as villain in kyunki

shaika00 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

OUT!

Balaji throws Manoj Biddvai out of Kyunki... because he's too good-looking to play villain. (Does that mean good-lookers can't be bad?!?)

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Manoj Biddvai seems to be in a soup. The actor had recently entered the popular show Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi as the arrogant Abir. But even before he could make his mark in the serial, he has been ousted from the Balaji camp. Manoj was also playing an important role in Ekta's Kasautii Zindagii Kay. And all of a sudden, his track in this serial too is over. When contacted Manoj says, "It's been only two months since I started shooting for Balaji and I was enjoying myself immensely. Unfortunately, things have not worked out."

The reason for Manoj's exit is rather odd.  Apparently his good looks didn't go well with Abir's negative shades.  So he was asked to quit!  "I had a meeting with the creative heads of the show and someone informed me that now they are planning to replace me with someone else," informs Manoj. 

Manoj is yet to come to terms with the incident. "Of course, being a part of Kyunki… was great. The show has good TRPs, it would have assured my visibility. All the actors, from Ronit Roy to the younger ones, have achieved overnight fame by being part of the show," says Manoj.

However, Manoj hasn't taken the loss to heart. "I'm sure it has got nothing to do with my capability as an actor. It's just that I can't look like a villain," he says.

There is another show Manoj is now looking forward to now. "I'm doing Deepti Bhatnagar's upcoming show Shaadi Street. It's a love story and I am playing a substantial role in the serial. Hopefully, this one-hour weekly show will give me the platform that I'm looking for. My track in Kasautii… too has ended as it was not shaping up well. But, I am sure Ekta will cast me again if she has a good role for me," he says optimistically.

Says Shivani Chauhan, the creative head of Kyunki…, "Manoj didn't look as menacing as Ansh, played by Akashdeep Saigal. We wanted to build up Abir's character like Ansh's. But he just couldn't do justice to it. Now we've roped in Vikas Sethi to play Abir."

• I'm sure it has got nothing to do with my capability as an actor. It's just that I can't look like a villain — Manoj Biddvai

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~~Radhika~~ thumbnail
vikas has done very well in kahiin to hoga..i m sure he do well in kyunki as well!!! 😃
cute_girl_tania thumbnail
well thanx for sharing the information shaikz