Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
One of the limitation of this format is that we can only judge a comment based on what and how it is written. Even in this format If you know a member then you can have an idea what he or she meant. For example I have had arguments with very close friends here where they have even said not so good things about me. However I never mind that because in the end I know they did not mean it (or i hope so lol). 

In this case I do not know the member Tannipartner. To best of my judgement I think it was not written as a figure of speech. When you do that you tend to include words like "your argument will be torn apart" and not "you will be" or "people will tear you". Yes I used the analogy of wild animal and that was because wild animals like Lion and Bears tear apart people. In any case I restricted it to that particular action and not the member. It was nothing personal as I just do not know the person.

After the apology came I simply said the most important thing is that people realize and not mere words and that member did that. That member did something more than an apology i.e. acknowledged and acted. I acknowledge the most important part and it ain't an apology to me. That was not me being ungracious and certainly not obnoxious.

@ Open forum: I am debating on an open forum but that exchange was not a debate. It was a personal exchange. It started on forum and it should end on forum. There is no role of PMs here.

@ LOL. I don't use it to weasel out of anything. There is no one that can make me weasel out. Those weasel out who are afraid of losing or an adverse outcome. I am not. lol.  If I can't win an argument or come up with a response I acknowledge that. I am more of a person who gives his views and then tries to not enter into a long debate. This is why I use lets end it. It might not be a good debating habit but nothing else.

@ RTH. Thanks. I do not agree with your points related to partition. I believe leaders represent the will of the people and those elections were fairly recent (1946 I believe). They might not have been perfect but then nothing is. There are always some who object. Still lets agree to disagree as there is no other objective way to come to a conclusion today.

@BTV and Souro. Thanks. I see your points. Maybe I should have given the benefit of doubt first. However it came out as very offensive. Anyway. 

@ Tannipartner.  I do not know what was in your heart. You wrote something and in my judgement I did not see it as a figure of speech. Therefore I responded accordingly. Now you are telling me that you did not mean that. Fine. I am someone who by nature trust people. Therefore I am putting aside my earlier reply. I take back my words and would like to apologize for that comment. Your action was not a wild one. lol.

@ All. I have read, analyzed and taken note of all points. This is the end from my side.
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@Polki_Zofi
Europe looted other countries to have the wealth and time to make inventions. We are using the inventions that we funded in the first place. If you have a problem with that... boo hoo.

You have a problem with us not following Gandhi. Well we don't want to be like Gandhi, period. You guys follow Gandhi if you wish to, we won't stop you.
Edited by souro - 11 years ago
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
**Viewbie's Note**
@Polki_Zofi:
If you didn't know, proselytising is not allowed on this site. So, henceforth if you try to preach about the greatness of Christianity or even wish us to see some kind of light, be ready to have your posts edited and maybe even warned.

If you want to debate whether Christianity is great, go ahead and open a topic.
Edited by souro - 11 years ago
LeadNitrate thumbnail
 To qoute RTH , sometimes you have to lay it out on the open, even if it means flogging a dead horse

Originally posted by: Polki_Zofi

You should show this thread to you Polish friends tannipartner. 

I did, they requested me not to judge  them by one rotten apple.

Quite an aggressive personality you are.

Ever heard "Survival of the fittest"?Darwin propounded the theory. 
In a world where a random person comes of judging an entire country full of people, from her one cursory visit and probably around two years of association with the country, and passes judgemental, rude remarks  an dictates them their culture, what do you expect?  I told you long time before, you get what you deserve. If you want soft approach, you do same. after 8 pages of racist , condescending and deluded remark, you expect people to take all that?

I doubt people I meet online more and more.

you trust people you meet online?

I doubt you having anything to do with Europe.

As you yourself said above, you doubt people you meet online. So self explanatory. I am in no mood to convince you. 

Anyways, it is clear enough for me who was aggressive here, 

Read yourself, who started the thread. Big words for someone who start judging  a country of 1.2 billion people based on one visit extended to one family only. 

You can never get away saying things about missionaries to a Catholic and get away with it. You said it, you had to listen.  

You  too can never get away saying you know what is better for me. If you dare lecture me about my conscience about missionaries, you will listen to every word I say about them. You dare tell me to have an open mind, then i will open yours as well. Don't like it? 

"Do to no one what you yourself dislike."

As I move away from topic already so I will not continue with it. This is responding to your restlessness.

Yeah right, read your opening post. What is your topic? India and Gandhisim?India is a land of elephants and monkey and tajmahal,?Indian women have no respect ? YuHu look, I went to India once, I met a family there and see now I am a living expert on Indology.
MaxMller spent his entire life researching the vedas and Upanishads and yet never claimed he knows about India. and he had much more reason to be highhanded and condescending.

You ou seem to have much knowledge on Europeans? 

European History or world history for that matter, is not your personal property. You can speak for Poland and Polish if you wish. Don't try to lump Europe as your zone. Other europeans might not like it. And enough knowledgable people exist who despite not being born to a country or culture have much knowledge about the history of a country and culture. Even Indologists, from USA and Europe, who might know more about India than me. But their visit is not limited to one, neither their study of people to one family of relatives. 

Good for you.  Thank You so much for telling that. Finally My life got its purpose served.

You should feel blessed to be on our lands (if you actually do).   

Maybe  if I was in your land, but sadly I am not on your land You can keep your land to yourself. 

Be thankful that it gives you opportunity and good life. 

Honey I created my life and my oppportunities.. If anyone I should thank It would be me and  my God. There are enough lazy, jobless people living on unemployment benefit here whose life doesnt seem to be good despite living here.

Christianity and Europe are never apart, and will never be. Remember it too. 

Really? Where does Turkey belong to then? 
 When you mean Christians who do you speak for? Catholic, Protestants? Lutheran? Evangelical, Greek Orthodox?  Church of England won't find it amusing that you are speaking for them.

You seriously need medication.
You cannot tolerate and must lash out, it gives me nothing but pity.
and it is merely sign of helplessness.   

I will qoute you here, since thats the only way you can write something without making an utter fool of yourself.

If you love your country so much, you should leave for India surely too 😊. Why dont you take next flight and leave? 

Why don't you first make up your mind about me.. If I am not in Europe,surely I cannot leave , can I?
And If I am, again, your land is safe from my vile presence. 
Don't get so worked up. 

There was one more person here talking many things about Russians, but she seem living safe as a single woman in Russia, which is impossible in India! 

Oh My! How did u know it is impossible😲? Is it when you tried to take a walk alone with your relatives in your husband's village on your only visit ? How far did you walk? from the front door till the back door?

I must call my Grandmother and tell her how her whole life is an illusion because she does not live in India at all.
  •   Higher Education check
  •            work: check
  •          respect: check
  • Single woman living alone : Check
Thats a whole lot of check there.

Still, ofcourse, you know best about Europe and India and we Europeans are not relevant in our own continent and history or culture? Sure.

Speak for yourself. Europe is not Poland you know. I may know nothin about Poland and Polish people, I know a lot more about Europe and its culture. For sure. Don't lump yourself on the back of others .

I  offcourse know better about India than you, and so are all the posters who tried to have meaningful conversation with you. But your  refusal to open up to  try and  listen to others drove them away.

But you see I am aggressive and restless , so you have to tolerate me. As long as you will reply to me, you will get one back. Not my problem if it is not palatable to you. You started dishing dirt out.

Religious tolerance? My own husband is a Hindu, I dont try to convert him. If he wishes he may. My son will see both worlds and decide. I will only give him all love and a good family. 

Seriously woman, stop bringing your husband and your son in every damn post. This is not my family your family talk. Give logic and prove a point.  
Good that you are tolerant. You gave us the wrong impression. So many people cannot be wrong. So there is something wrong with you.

Sure he will come many times to India, already we will travel. Many of his relatives look forward to him and keep calling. I am sure he will see the worlds clearly.

Come back and talk to us about India when you have done atleast 10 trips 3 months each. till then .. you will still be the ignorant high handed racist.

I hope you get to hear this more times. 
If you have the gut to show this thread or your behavior in similar manner to other Poles or Europeans, I hope they just ask you "maybe its time for you to leave dear 😊". 

Refer to top for their answer when i showed them.
hey Madam  can you name maybe some 2-3 countries other than Poland? Poland is just  312,679 square kilometres of Europe. And as i already told you, you are safe from my vile presence there. Why don't you let Europe decide for itself? You have a habit of speaking for others. If whatever you say about Europe is true, I doubt they let you to be their Ambassador to world council.
Maybe its time for you to leave India-forums dear. 

For some reason, it is the Indian woman who is so much aggressive, not the men.

Yeah Tigresses are known to be more ferocious than tigers. Your point being?
 How many men and women have you seen? By your own admission, multiple times, there seems to be only what 4 indian men and one woman you have seen in Poland.
 And as in India, women don't have respect there, how do they get the chance to be aggressive? 
Decide first what to say. right now all your statements are contradictory and self destructing.

But I wish it be healed someday, hope in the name of Christ the Son of God.

Dream on baby.

Never I was involved in such an argument. Infact I am never in arguments πŸ˜†

Offcourse, since everyone knows you cannot argue, you just say whatever you want to, without any rhyme or reason.They take pity on you.πŸ˜†

πŸ˜ƒWHAT A CONTROVERSY I OPENED πŸ˜ƒ! 
 Then you have to face the music.

It is your Father of Nation not MINE! 

Then stop worrying about him so much. he stays fine where he is, on our currency note.

THANK GOD I NEVER DISCUSS GANDHI WITH MY IN LAWS! πŸ˜ƒ

offcourse, you yourself said, in India, women are not respected. how can they have a conversation with you?

Oh btw, Polki_Zofi, did you figure out finally if Bose's daughter is alive or dead? If she is alive where she lives? As in which country?

It would be terribly disappointing if you spend your entire holiday trying to find her in Austria. You won't be able to see any good stuff there , concerts in Vienna, Salzburg, Mozart museum, ride the eisenbahn.. We cannot let that happen to you. We still follow non violence of Gandhi and do not want people to suffer unnecessarily.

Oh BTW: When you are done enlightening us deluded fools, maybe you can read up our posts and try to come back with some sort of reply? It seems you are more interested to show us light than do some homework and show yourself some.

PS: Your topic heading is answered  in the article posted by you, yourself

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,988159,00.html

And you did not even know that. 
The charge is very simple:

Stay away from making high-handed remarks about India on India-Forums and stop preaching us way to light. We will call you and ask you, when we are interested.

Edited by tannipartner - 11 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: King-Anu

@ RTH. Thanks. I do not agree with your points related to partition. I believe leaders represent the will of the people and those elections were fairly recent (1946 I believe). They might not have been perfect but then nothing is. There are always some who object. Still lets agree to disagree as there is no other objective way to come to a conclusion today.

1946 is not recent. Had it been 1996, I'd agree.

If you wish to accept factual inaccuracies as truths, then that is your prerogative. If what you state is your "opinion" . I won't deny you your right to it.

I stand by most of my comments about partition as factually representative (there were some opinions). If anyone has a problem with my claim  facts, then I'm up open for debate and willing to post references as well.

Edited by return_to_hades - 11 years ago
LeadNitrate thumbnail

I have answered each. 

No you haven't. Why don't you start with your comments on the friendship of Gandhi and Mussolini and move on to more serious stuff, like why you think death of your family members are infinitely more important than death of mine? Is it coz you are applying 1€= Rs 66 rule and determining only when 66 members  of my family does will you consider equal to one?

But then when people dont see, not much can be done.

Exactly. even when you force then in front of mirror and ask them to take a look at themselves.

Christ gave answer to all the question by the Jewish priests, but they said He did not. It means nothing.

Oh  you poor soul. to qoute you: 

If you wish you can see through the answers.

Not if they are written in invisible ink.

If you wish more, in write each question once more in numeric order, each question being 10 words 😊. Without attack.

Atleast 5 members wrote the questions, you chose to bypass them and preach sermon.

By the way, Gandhi is my favorite national leader in the world. 

Reiterating, I admire and respect that. Keep it to yourself. We will decide for ourselves.

I cannot understand so much aggression. 

Possible because you never imagined you can get back some. We are unenlightened folks. we believe Karma is a biyatch. May be you are getting back what you dished out?

By the way, I dont think tannipartner or those who feel same are interested to see any other answer. 

Yeah speak for yourself, I did not appoint you my spokesperson. I can speak. thank you.

They have decided on their perspective and they will never change it.

OMG! We are long lost twins. We seem to do the same thing. Don't you think? Although i did it 5 pages less than you.πŸ˜ƒ

Much like many aggressive groups in the world, nothing can show them the light.

I can name one such group!! But nah, we uncouth Indians do not believe in hurting other people's sentiments never mind if they do it over and over again.

I am a true Catholic and I will always ask everyone to see light 😊. 

What is the color of the light btw? and in which spectrum does it lie? Visible? Infrared? UV?πŸ˜ƒ

Tannipartner must also work on her attitude. 

Thanks, you just saved  me a seminar course. Much obliged.

Although I feel she is not aware of it πŸ€’

Now I am. Now I know I should stop taking bullshit right from the beginning and speak to people in the language they understand.

I have seen similar lady though, an Indian in a get together in Poland. She later left to India. 

Now that you have done the very unchristian thing of cursing me indirectly, can i return the favour?  You are the civilized one, you tell.

I wish well for the women of India

They appreciate it. Who doesn't want good wishes for free?

and self esteem. whose? yours? Yes, I wish you too.

(not talking about all Indian women, many surely have lot of courage. Just saw some very aggressive, maybe as they are less in Poland and close down. 

How many did you meet? I just counted one. I sure have a lot of courage, going up against a mighty white european as you. Don't bother. I will pat myself on my back.πŸ˜ƒ

Recently very motivated to read about Malala of Pakistan!

Good luck. She is  an inspiration.)   

LeadNitrate thumbnail

Originally posted by: King-Anu

@ Tannipartner.  I do not know what was in your heart. You wrote something and in my judgement I did not see it as a figure of speech. Therefore I responded accordingly. Now you are telling me that you did not mean that. Fine. I am someone who by nature trust people. Therefore I am putting aside my earlier reply. I take back my words and would like to apologize for that comment. Your action was not a wild one. lol.

I am not sure how to interpret your apology. You don't seem to mean it. By adding the lol it seems you are doing me a favour. You are writing it as a jest to placate someone just because other members told you, and not because you regret attacking someone. I am sorry, I just don't see it as sincere effort from your side.  Thank you for your statement though. We had an enjoyable debate. But I am still having some bitter taste.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: tannipartner

I am not sure how to interpret your apology. You don't seem to mean it. By adding the lol it seems you are doing me a favour. You are writing it as a jest to placate someone just because other members told you, and not because you regret attacking someone. I am sorry, I just don't see it as sincere effort from your side.  Thank you for your statement though. We had an enjoyable debate. But I am still having some bitter taste.

The red highlight is an illustration of my issue with the 'lol'.

This is not exactly a jovial discussion. I'd assume (and hope) it is an attempt to clear misunderstandings. In such situations a 'lol' is considered inappropriate until the air is clear. Especially placed after that statement, it appears to emphasize sarcasm or mocking. If one raises objection, he will state he is only being humorous.

I'm honestly not sure if King Anu intentionally does these things or if he really does not understand the netiquette use of lol.

Sorry Souro! I was just trying to clarify what I meant by picking on the 'lol'. I hope King Anu grasps what I'm trying to say.

I'll get back to the debate. Gandhi or partition? Choices! Choices! Choices! I could respond to Polki_zofi more. But where is she? Looks like we are tearing her apart here. *

*intentional tongue in cheek statement.

LeadNitrate thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

The red highlight is an illustration of my issue with the 'lol'.

This is not exactly a jovial discussion. I'd assume (and hope) it is an attempt to clear misunderstandings. In such situations a 'lol' is considered inappropriate until the air is clear. Especially placed after that statement, it appears to emphasize sarcasm or mocking. If one raises objection, he will state he is only being humorous.

I don't know what is  in his heart but in my judgement it looks  mocking to me. let me see, what he says. I have an equally trusting nature though.πŸ˜ƒ

I'll get back to the debate. Gandhi or partition? Choices! Choices! Choices! I could respond to Polki_zofi more. But where is she? Looks like we are tearing her apart here. *

*intentional tongue in cheek statement.

your choices choices sound like decision decisions made by that girl in the creepy vampire movie part3.πŸ˜†

please read the article she posted, its by salman rushie. All her questions are answered there itself.

LeadNitrate thumbnail
 flogging the dead horse one last time

I am a Catholic. I cannot believe what you said of missionaries. Maybe they were sailors of conquerors, but then you dont know missionaries well. Evangelical? It is not my faith.

Its your faith, you will not see anything negative about it. And that is how it is. I admire your faith and your respect for your beliefs.πŸ‘
 But we too have our faith and beliefs.. So when  you come down saying craps like India exist coz of missionaries and all, its natural we will take offense. And since we are debating, we will put out factual information that might be a rude shock to you. But you chose to go down this lane.We did not start the disrespect  fest.

Labeling white as racist is all too easy anyway. You look at your words before calling someone racist too.

racist can be of any color. R you white? good for you,apply sunscreen when you visit India.. Does not change that you behaved like a racist here. 

I think racist behavior and hitler glorification cannot be seen anywhere so much but here. As this is true, everything else is self explanatory.its such a mad place. How can it be tolerated?

Then take a deep breath, and then READ the posts first.
take a look at what racist means, and then compare your lines. See for yourself who is the racist

Go back and read, when you claim whatever India is now because of europe, when you claim India has not done any contribution, when you claim India's parition was a choice and the death of people are not important, when you without any knowledge claim a freedom fighter of India to be militia man, you act like a racist.

And speaking facts out does not mean anyone is supporting anyone. HITLER caused WW2, he was the reason British empire was weakened, its a fact. India did not get freedom for Gandhi alone.  Bose is a revered freedom fighter with contributions to India's freedom struggle , these are facts. You don't need to go far, open wikipidea and you will know.

That is not hitler  GLORIFICATION. We all know what a monster he is, you don't need to tell us. We are educated people.

And if you do not understand why he is mentioned in context of India's independance: Go back and educate yourself. Don't embarass yourself like this. 

You know what is glorification: When you claim this. Also when you seem to say whatever you say is gospel truth.

You see what you want to see as true. Your trouble tocomprehend and interpret  facts and opinion is not my problem.

Oh you think calling a debater as outsider and thinking your knowledge about Europe and western world is more than us is good behavior?

Yes, when the debater does everything else than debate. When debater purposefully baits members and refuses to listen to fact. When debater comes with pre conceived notion to berate and belittle a bunch of people.

As I already pointed out,you don't need to live somewhere to have knowledge. 

Good behaviour is to accept someone can know more than you. Which everyone other than you are displaying.

If you have so much pride why then come to our lands for better life and education?
So good if your country then go back! Live in it. No need to be in Europe. 

Speak for yourself and your Poland if you wish to.
You want people to go back, call all those european dancers who work as background dancers in bw. What are they doing in India leaving the better life and education?

Its a free world, anyone  will go anywhere to study and work anywhere in world. Indians to america or eurpeans to India.  That is why embassies and consulates exist. Else we could just coup up in our own coccoon. 

people living in europe and your land are not living at your charity.Unis at "your" land earn bucketload of money for these students.
"Your"  land earns in terms of taxes and business coz these people come  and work there.

Many members here are europeans and americans of Indian origin. they are as much on their own land as you are.

So many of you and you dont integrate. 

You don't need to sell your ass to integrate as you seem to think. Is there anyone you know who integrated by selling themselves off?
People can have respect for both the country of origin and country of residence. the concept seems foreign to you. Possible. It originated in India. 

No wonder why conservatives and anti immigration parties are rising in Europe. There is a reason.

there are many reasons for that. Don't talk politics, Some people know way more than you wished for. Don't bite more than you can chew once. If you want to debate european politics, feel free to open another topic. We would be happy to oblige you.

Some of the immigrants are good, but those with such aggressive brains make them look bad too. I will not lump them all with you, but your activity does it for them.

Some of the civilions are good, some are bad. So?  There are enough aimless right wingers who kill harmless turkish immigrants just for fun.

Good and bad exists everywhere.

Really atlast you feel you should not lump? after latching on to mightier and bigger european brothers all this while?
Good for you, your mind is opening.

Going from this forum as it is racist and very mad.

naturally, people always think others to be alike.

I search and found so many hitler glorification and it appalls me! I didnt know! 

I also didn't know people expect Indians to dance around trees and be exotic to suit their fancy. But you give some, you get some.

No wonder hardly any white here, 
but you all can come in polishforums.com as usual I see and ask for immigration advice or job. We help... free.

Why don't you keep to polish forums then? We don't want to cause you any unwanted trouble. In case you didn't know, there are enough India forums too that offer such informations for free.

Christ is the savior, the Son of God, the savior of the world. 

No one is denying it.

Poland survives for Him, 

Are you also speaking for the polish jews and muslims as well?

USA survives for Him, India too.

What is wrong in this word? How it makes me racist? 

Because you insist on your supremacy for your belief, your country of origin and your skin color.

Christ belong to India as much as any country.

Yes. But we will embrace him, when we want to. kindly stop advising us.

Why other races are so quick to label white people as racist?

Speak for yourself. we have every reason to label you as one. Your skin color has nothing to do with it. You can get a tan for all I care. Ain't gonna change anything.

No knowledge is complete, but hope and belief is. 

That applies to you too.

Previous
1 ... 8 9 10 11 12
Next