Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ipkkndfanforeva thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: A.Hajnal

Ohhh Yaaa...!!! 

Can't believe Stopwa didn't came before...and Arnav has the diary of his Father...So, means he will find out what he wrote in it...the whole truth...and he will know that Stopwa LIED to him, and she knew what was writen in the diary thats way she didn't want anyone to come closer to the Khali-Kal-Khotri...Ohhh, I can't wait...so called-Dadi-ji ka toh hoya Kaam tamam...woh Sali Kaam se gai...lol 

Ma Lady, that was Fab-awesome...This is getting interesting day by day...me loving it...!!! 

My fav scenes you ask..?

Hmmm...πŸ€”

1) When Mr.Snakewa realized that the most single important paper (for him) was missing...because...come one, you why...and you know How I did react to that...its was something similar to..."Ha,dude, what you thought? He is A.S.R, before he signed the will's papers because that was Khushi who was giving the papers, he knew she wasn't after his money, so...HA... πŸ€ͺlol

2) When he asked her to marry him, that he wants to marry her again, but she has to break her relationship with her Amma...and she said "No"...I mean, for him, she was refusing even after knowing the truth...the truth that he was told (Oh, Stopwa deserves to be killed...or at least, some electric current circulating in her body, possibly at very high voltage... πŸ˜ˆ lol) And for her he was asking that even after knowing the real truth...    

3) When, Arnav comes to meet Khushi after walking out of mandap...the very first meeting...That was heartbreaking...(The moment he walked in the room and he saw her holding her Red wedding dress...that one...before he asked her to marry him)

4) The heartbreaking-Misunderstanding...for both of them, Arnav thought it was Khushi who broke their relationship...and For her it was him who didn't wore his ring anymore...

5) Today's one...when he finds his mother's payals...

6) The restroom one...Haha that was Funny...🀣

hmmm...I can't think about other right now, so abhi ke liye...Issi se kaam chalaten hain?  πŸ˜ƒ

Arre, itna bada kyun likha...aur chota likhte!πŸ˜›

Edited by ipkkndfanforeva - 11 years ago
smitzy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: A.Hajnal

Ohhh Yaaa...!!! 

Can't believe Stopwa didn't came before...and Arnav has the diary of his Father...So, means he will find out what he wrote in it...the whole truth...and he will know that Stopwa LIED to him, and she knew what was writen in the diary thats way she didn't want anyone to come closer to the Khali-Kal-Khotri...Ohhh, I can't wait...so called-Dadi-ji ka toh hoya Kaam tamam...woh Sali Kaam se gai...lol 

Ma Lady, that was Fab-awesome...This is getting interesting day by day...me loving it...!!! 

My fav scenes you ask..?

Hmmm...πŸ€”

1) When Mr.Snakewa realized that the most single important paper (for him) was missing...because...come one, you why...and you know How I did react to that...its was something similar to..."Ha,dude, what you thought? He is A.S.R, before he signed the will's papers because that was Khushi who was giving the papers, he knew she wasn't after his money, so...HA... πŸ€ͺlol

2) When he asked her to marry him, that he wants to marry her again, but she has to break her relationship with her Amma...and she said "No"...I mean, for him, she was refusing even after knowing the truth...the truth that he was told (Oh, Stopwa deserves to be killed...or at least, some electric current circulating in her body, possibly at very high voltage... πŸ˜ˆ lol) And for her he was asking that even after knowing the real truth...    

3) When, Arnav comes to meet Khushi after walking out of mandap...the very first meeting...That was heartbreaking...(The moment he walked in the room and he saw her holding her Red wedding dress...that one...before he asked her to marry him)

4) The heartbreaking-Misunderstanding...for both of them, Arnav thought it was Khushi who broke their relationship...and For her it was him who didn't wore his ring anymore...

5) Today's one...when he finds his mother's payals...

6) The restroom one...Haha that was Funny...🀣

hmmm...I can't think about other right now, so abhi ke liye...Issi se kaam chalaten hain?  πŸ˜ƒ

Wow! That was a nice long comment! πŸ˜Š You have a lot of favourite scenes very nice very nice! Ya the first meeting of Arshi (3rd one in your list) was one of my favs too!

Nahhh of course Dadi didn't come before.. Like in the reel life, mere fiction mein bhi unke jaane ka time aa raha hai dear πŸ˜Š Actually you know, I was going through last yrs epis and I realised that Shradh scenes actually happened in Sept too! Think of the coincidence.. actual serial mein agar aisa hota to they could have actually used up so much material.

anyway, koi baat nahin, I'll keep my hopes up in the alternate universe πŸ˜†

agla scene will be up tonight! 
cheers!😊
smitzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: ipkkndfanforeva

*Finally i un-reserved!πŸ˜†
Bahut jaldi kar diya na?πŸ˜›

Smitzzyyy!πŸ€—

Aapko ko bhi badhai ho, shaadi ke liye!
LOL! only 3!!πŸ˜†
Omg i was rite, wasnt I?

Note : This comment is going to be longer than usual!πŸ˜‰

Comin to the Update :

This was a Fantastic Chapter!!⭐️
Loved it!❀️

I was soo happy when they opened the Kothri!
And yes they found the trunk too!

I loved what was all inside the trunk! All his mothers things.
The payals...it just made me smile!! And he put it in his pocket!! soo touching...

Happy he found them! Now atleast he can be close to her...
Glad the bros had sense to give him the personal space he needed!

The Diary! he found it!πŸ˜ƒ
Finally the truth!! So want to know what the hell happened!

Knew that bitch would turn up! will she ever not interrupt!☒️
Loved how Arnav changed the topic and steered the convo away...
& thank god he took that bloody diary, just hope that Dadi doesnt check the trunk!

Nk almost shit his pants on seeing Dadi!🀣
Also really liked the Anajli-Arnav scene.Their talk always make me smile!

Yess...Shashi is fine!!😊
Chalo more secrets to come out.Just hope he speaks up soon!

Soo waiting for the next update!
The confrontation! Ab mazaa ayegaa...πŸ˜‰
Well, i know u'll update soon!

PS - Can i please say not a scene but the entire FF. Pretty Please!😳
          Just love the whole thing!!πŸ˜ƒ

Well iv wanted to say this for quite a while now...
You update everyday,give us long chapters plus u write in English too!
You do an Amazing job. Hats off!πŸ‘

Muah!πŸ€—

Shwethaaa πŸ€— wah wah kya comment likha! Mera dil garden garden ho gaya πŸ˜†

Ya the three brothers are quite the three musketeers. Dadi fuse hone wali hai in sometime.. As I wrote in my prev comment too, I'm intending to pack her bags off in the fic too like its happening in the reel life.. although the way I intend to it won't make it seem to abrupt! πŸ˜‰

Ya Ya I'll update tonight.. Let's see if the telepathy works this time hehehe

Thank you so much for your regular feedback dear. It's comments like these which inspire any writer to write better. I feel like I owe it to you guys and I never want to write a crappy chapter πŸ˜ƒ Thank you again and again!

πŸ€—
Annie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Smitzy.. Nice update... Suspense quotient is high
spvd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
chap 11 scene 2
very nice...
the place has so many mysteries...
A.Hajnal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ipkkndfanforeva

Arre, itna bada kyun likha...aur chota likhte!πŸ˜›

Haha...πŸ˜† 
I was toh thinking to write it very chota, but then after I wrote about the 1st one...I asked myself "Yaar, only about Mr.Snakewa? and woh bhi the Most fav one? Are you in Hate with him more then you are in Love with Arshi?" so Issi liye...The Arshi lover inside me felt very offended...the part of me that loves Khushi screamed "Nahiii" dramatically...and part of me that loves Arnav got in all ASR-Angry-mood saying "How dare you?" and then as a Team the took over me and wrote this all...So, blame them...Not me...😳 lol 
A.Hajnal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: smitzy

Wow! That was a nice long comment! πŸ˜Š You have a lot of favourite scenes very nice very nice! Ya the first meeting of Arshi (3rd one in your list) was one of my favs too!

Nahhh of course Dadi didn't come before.. Like in the reel life, mere fiction mein bhi unke jaane ka time aa raha hai dear πŸ˜Š Actually you know, I was going through last yrs epis and I realised that Shradh scenes actually happened in Sept too! Think of the coincidence.. actual serial mein agar aisa hota to they could have actually used up so much material.

anyway, koi baat nahin, I'll keep my hopes up in the alternate universe πŸ˜†

agla scene will be up tonight! 
cheers!😊

Hehe, what can I say Ma Lady, as I said before your work always manges to bring out the crazy "motormouth" the lives in me...πŸ˜ƒ lol
ya...That made me shed a few tears, and made my brother look at me like I was crazy for crying over it...πŸ˜† lol
Yaaa...When I was reading about them being in the Khali-kal-Khotri, without Stopwa stoping them...I was doing ->Vuuuhhhuuu...!!!!  lol 
Yaar, I know my sister said yesterday was last episode for Stopwa...If that is true then, I am very disappointed...her last words were "one day you will regret marrying this girl" She didn't except that she is at fault and If she is gone then she will never know that Khushi and Garima are innocent and she won't see her lover-ziyda-Damad kaam's true face...πŸ˜’

So, if she is really gone...then your FF is the only way I can get some ACTION...πŸ˜ƒ lol No, no you don't have to make ASR do something to his Dadi...(even though, I would love to read that, as I can't see that...what a pity πŸ˜” lol )but at least some verbal action...and If you can, when she will be out of Arshi's life, send her to me...Muahahha...😈 lol

Oh ya? Never thought about that but you are right...why worry when alternate universe is there? πŸ˜‰ lol 

Yeee...Can't wait...Arnav reading his Father's diary...Hey, I was thinking aisa toh nahi that stopwa forced his son to marry her best-friend's Daughter (Nani's daughter means Arnav's mother) when he didn't want that? Or its me being me...blaming everything wrong that happened was Stopwa's doing...in some way or other...lol
smitzy thumbnail
Before you read this entire chapter, I'd request you please read these lines which are the truths about Arnav's father as told by Garima to Khushi and by Dadi to Arnav. You'll be able to understand the difference.

Garima's version

"Arnav bitwa ke pita Rajeev Singh Mallik the. Lucknow mein unka bahut bada karobaar tha. Humar bauji ' tumre nanaji ' unke yahan accountant the aur woh Mallik saab ke ghar aavat jaat rehte the. Ek baar, bauji humein bhi apne saath Sheesh Mahal le gaye. Haveli ke kamron ki raunak dekhte dekhte anjane mein hum bauji se alag ho gaye aur us badi haveli mein gum ho gaye. Ek aadmi humein dhoondte hue aaye aur humein wapis bauji ke paas le gaye.  Woh bahut ache the, humse bahut ache se baat kiye rahe. Unhone humse mazaak mein ye bhi poocha ki humein Sheesh Mahal mein sabse sundar kamra  kaun sa laga." Garima pauses with a smile on her face, remembering their conversation. Khushi sits spellbound listening to Garima's tale.

"Hamein nai pata tha ki us din humein dhoondne Rajeev Singh Mallik aaye the. Samay beeta aur woh kisi bahane se ghar aane jane lage. Bauji ko laga account ke kaam se woo aavat hain, par sirf tumri Amma ko hi samajh aaya ki Rajeevji humse milne aate the. Tumhari amma ne to humein is baat se chidana bhi shuru kar diya tha. Humein Rajeevji pasand the par humne unse iss bare mein kabhi kuch nai kaha. Fir ek raat, woh hamare ghar aaye. Unke chehre pe humne pehli baar tanaav dekha. Woh humse akele mein kuch baat karna chahat rahe. Hum unse mandir mein milne gaye. Unhone humein bataya ki woh humein bahut chahte hain. Aur woh humse shaadi karna chahte hain. Hum bahut khus ho gaye kyunki hum bhi unhe man hi man chahte the." Garima paused again and shut her eyes, a pained look crossing her face as if remembering a cruel memory now.

"Humne unse poocha ki unka parivar is bare mein kya kahega. Unhone hamari taraf dekh kar kaha ki woh apni patni aur bachon se sare rishte tod kar aa gaye hain. Aur unhone apni mataji se bhi iss bare mein baat kar li hai ki woh hamare saath hi khush reh sakte hain." Khushi gasped loudly. This was similar to what happened with herself and Shyaam too.

"Jitne din unhone humse baat ki, ek baar bhi nahin bataya ki woh shaadi shuda hain. Par us din jab unhone humse ye kaha ki woh apni patni se saare rishte tod kar hamare paas aaye hain, humein bilkul bhi achha nahin laga. Hum unhe chahte to the Khusee, par hum kabhi ye nai chahte the unka basa basaya parivar toot jaye." Garima looked at Khushi, a pleading look in her eyes as if imploring Khushi to believe her.

"Us raat pehli baar humne unse jhooth kaha ki hum unhe nai chahte the. Aur hum kar bhi ka sakat the. Humne unse ghar laut jane ko kaha. Agar woh apni patni se maafi maang lenge to shayad sab kuch theek ho jaye. Aur unhe wahan mandir mein akela chod kar hum ghar wapis aa gaye." Tears were flowing freely in Garima's eyes now.

"Agle Din Subhadra Devi hamar ghar aai. Unhone hamein bataya ki woh hamare aur Rajeevji ke bare mein sab kuch jaanti thi. Rajeevji ki patni unke chale jane ka gum seh nai pai aur unhone khudkushi kar li. Aur Rajeevji... unhone bhi apni jaan de di kyunki unhe hamar jhooth pe yakeen hui gawa ki hum unhe nahin chahte the."

Dadi's version

"Jab 14 saal pehle aapke pitaji ne humein pehli baar Garima ke bare mein bataya tha, humein laga ki woh mazaak kar rahe hain. Unka apna parivar tha; patni aur do pyare bache the, itna bada karobaar tha. Aapki maa ek bahut sundar aur sushil bahu thi. Humne hi aapke pitaji ke liye aapki maa ko dhoondha tha. Anjali bitiya ki to shaadi wali umar ho gai thi. Fir us umar mein, jab aapke pitaji ne ye sab hamse kaha to hum chaunk gaye. Garima ke pita tumhare pitaji ke yahan kaam karte the. Humein samajh aa gaya ki zaroor aapke pitaji ke paison aur jaidaad ke liye Garima ne unhe apne jaal mein fansa liya tha," Arnav slowly raises his head and looks at his Dadi incredulously. Dadi nods in assent as if verifying what she just told him.

"Anjali bitiya ki shaadi ki raat, Garima ne aapke pitaji ko dhamki di ki ya to woh apna parivar chod ke uske paas aa jaye, nahin to woh apni jaan de degi," by now Arnav's senses were alert and his mind started working again. "Aapke pitaji ghabra gaye ki kahin sach much Garima aisa koi kadam na utha le aur us raat woh Garima se milne gaye taki woh unhe bata sake ki woh apne parivar ko kabhi nahin chodenge. Par is sab ke beech, aapki maa ko ye galat fehmi ho gai ki aapke pitaji Garima ke paas chale gaye aur us dukh mein unhone apni jaan le li. Jab aapke pitaji Sheesh Mahal wapis aaye to unhone dekha ki Garima ke iss poore mamle ki wajah se kya anarth ho gaya tha. Humne Garima ke Sheesh Mahal mein ghusne par pabandi laga di. Aapke pitaji aapki maa ko bahut chahte the Arnav. Woh unke bina jeena nahin chahte the aur isiliye unhone bhi aapke maa ke sirhane khud kushi kar li."

For english versions please reread Chapter 2 scene 1 and scene 2.

Precap: Arnav and his family arrive at Lucknow. Arnav and Anjali are liking it in Purani Haveli. Dadi doesn't want them going into the Dungeons of the Mansion. Meantime, Shashi gets admitted in the hospital to have his operation. NK, Aakash and Arnav end up in the dungeon while checking out the Haveli. Arnav discovers a trunk containing his mother's jewellery and his father's diary. Dadi interrupts them and asks them to leave immediately. Arnav sneaks out the diary without her knowledge. Later in the evening, Shashi's operation completes successfully. Arnav gets sad after the Shradh Pooja and furthermore when he mentions Khushi.

CHAPTER 12 GAME OVER

Scene 1

[Purani Haveli]

The room is absolutely dark. The shuttered doors are swung open, the curtains dancing lazily in the night breeze. Arnav is lying on his bed, his eyes shut as if deep in thought. He had fled away from his sister some time back. Yes, fled away, because he knew if he'd have stayed for a moment longer, she'd have said something about her... about Khushi... and then he'd have lost himself completely. Why does that woman affect me like this? Even when she told me she hates me, even though I promised her I won't ever return to her life, why can't I stop thinking about her? Arnav turns to his side restlessly.

Flashes of memory come back to his mind of the Shradh Pooja last year. He had shunned Khushi from the Pooja because he hated her too much then for her to be around on that day. And today? Today I needed her here, he admits grudgingly. Somehow having her around calmed him down. True she had made him furious numerous times, but that was when he didn't know her, when I didn't love her, he corrects himself. He lets out an audible sigh. Everything around him was linked to her in some way or the other. This city, this place, today's pooja... everything... It seems ironic to him that even his mother's payals reminded him of Khushi's appeal for payals.

Arnav stiffens. Maa's payals! In his rush to go for the Pooja, he had forgotten all about them. He quickly gets up from his bed, switches on the light and rushes to his wardrobe at the end of the room. He pulls opens the first drawer. Sitting at its base is the small intricate wooden box that he had stolen from the trunk. I didn't steal it, it was Maa's, he mentally reprimands himself. Next to the jewellery box was the leather diary. Arnav picks up both the things and shuts the drawer and the wardrobe. He locks the door of his room from inside and sits down on the four poster bed. He slowly unwinds the thread of the diary and eases it open.

The first page reads Diary of Rajeev Singh Mallik.

He notices the writing of his father was neatly cursive and he wrote his 'j's and 'g's like Arnav did. A strange feeling grips Arnav. His father's diary. He was going to read his thoughts. After 14 years, he would get an insight into the mysterious person that was his father. Arnav turns a page to read the first entry.

May 5th 1998

Bought 2 horses for the stables today. The finest in Lucknow. They'll be good to practice polo.

Arnav's heartbeat races at reading "polo". He was a big fan of the sport in his childhood and had always wanted to play but he hardly ever had the time. He remembers the horses, one was a jet black beauty, the other a white mare. Arnav scrunches his eyebrows as their names evade his memory. After a few more moments of clueless struggle, he gives up and turns another page.

May 7th 1998

Spoke to Deevan Sahib about Anjali's match with their son Agastya. They seemed eager, which is suspicious. I need to tell them we won't be giving them any dowry. Let's see if that makes them change their minds and show their true intentions.

A smirk appears on Arnav's face as he realises his father was a shrewd man! He could detect something fishy was going on just by studying people, definitely a trait that Arnav had inherited from him. The next page contains an old inland letter. Arnav keeps it aside and continues pursuing through the diary.

May 12th 1998

Arnav won 1st prize in the state level debate championship. I am really proud of him. I hope he'll continue doing well. Maybe I should get him the sports cycle he has been asking for all this time.

Arnav looks up from the diary in surprise. He remembers this! It was a great accomplishment for him because he was the only junior school student in the competition. But he remembers that his father hadn't praised him openly (much to his disappointment back then) when he had returned from school. Arnav frowns and looks back at the diary. He flips another page. Another random sheet of paper. He keeps it aside.

May 19th 1998

Anjali completed her graduation with flying colors. I'll throw her a big party soon. My daughter is all grown up. Soon she'll bid goodbye to her old man. I feel sad at the thought.

Arnav smiles. His father was never known to be an openly affectionate man. He very rarely spoke to them about the way he felt. He wasn't home much anyway, always staying away for his business related work. But from his words, Arnav could say his father was very fond of his two children. He happily flips over more pages.

May 22nd 1998

Spoke to Arnav's teacher. Worrying news. Arnav's not doing well in maths. How will he run the business few years down the line? I need to get him a tutor.

Arnav suddenly laughs out loud. He remembers this incident too! He had failed in a unit test because he was helping his friend out and his answer sheet was forcibly taken away right in the first few minutes of the exam. His father had been really worried that Arnav didn't have the aptitude for advanced maths and had hired a tutor. Arnav ended up playing cricket with him in the grounds of Sheesh Mahal. Still smiling widely, Arnav flips another few pages.

May 29th 1998

Sanjeev returned from Canada today. He seemed boisteriously happy. I still don't think he has set up his business there as he claims. He asked me for money today! I turned him down.

Sanjeev Singh Mallik was Arnav's Chacha. The same man who'd thrown him and Di out of Sheesh Mahal post the death of his parents. Arnav scowls at the memory. He hated that man. He quickly flips over to read more diary entries. Arnav slowly starts noticing a strange pattern. His father wrote about the house, about his business worries, about Arnav and Anjali (with pride). However, not one of those entries was about his mother. He had gone halfway through and yet he hadn't seen a single page about Maa. Weird.

His eyes pause on the page dated 13th July 1998.

13th July 1998

I saw her today in the Mahal. I was completely awestruck. She looked so simple in her lemon green saree. Serene. My heart went out to her.

Arnav thinks it is finally an entry about his mother. He eagerly reads on.

I asked her what she was doing there. She said she was lost.

Arnav looks at the line in confusion. Why would Maa get lost in the Mahal? He rereads the line but it makes no sense to him. He reads on.

I led her back to the main hall. She was clearly dazed watching the opulence of the Mahal. I asked her which room she liked and she blushed! She looked so vulnerable right then. A beauty. I had to ask her name. Garima.

Arnav freezes, his breath stuck in his lungs as an abrupt horror washes over him. Everything else gets wiped off from his mind in an instant. His breathing picks up pace and he feels the blood rushing into his brain. This entry wasn't about his mother, it was about her! He starts shaking with unspoken fury as he rereads the lines, his eyes stopping again and again at Garima. Even though he knew about her, reading about this incident in his father's own words was making his blood boil. Arnav viciously turns another page, his eyes furiously scanning the text for the same name or a similar description again. He finds it 3 pages later.

16th July 1998

I can't stop thinking about her. I've been trying to concentrate on work, but I almost shut down the Barabanki Mill from business today! She hasn't even spoken two words to me and yet all I can think of is her.

Arnav grinds his teeth. So she had already started her mind games within three days of meeting his father. He flips over another page.

18th July 1998

I went to Gupta's house today telling him I need to see the accounts. But she wasn't at home. I'll try again tomorrow.

Arnav flips page after page, trying to find the day when his father met Garima again.

23rd July 1998

I think I can die in peace today. Spent a wonderful hour at the Gupta House. G is so sweet and immensely mature for her age. I'm glad to see her talking sensible things. I feel like I'm getting pulled towards her.

Arnav read update after update, each flip of page threatening to open a new and more agonising revelation than the previous. He noticed that not once had his father written about his thoughts on his wife. Even Arnav and Anjali's mentions were reducing. Arnav was slowly getting to know his father's obsession with the other woman in his life. And it was this realisation that was disturbing Arnav most of all. Father was obsessed with Garima.

Towards the end of the diary, Arnav's hands pause on a page and his eyes widen in alarm.

01st Sept 1998

I love her! I can't live without her. These past two months have been the most beautiful I've ever felt. She is the woman for me. We will be together. I'll divorce Kavita and ask G to marry me. We'll be happy forever.

Arnav rereads the passage trying to decipher each and every word in every possible context. This man was actually thinking of leaving his entire family for Garima. What the hell had she brainwashed him with? Arnav struggles to understand. Was it really that simple to forget the past 25 years of his married life, his children, his wife just like that? Was it really that simple for his father to just let everything get washed away? Arnav suddenly feels sick, as if he's going to throw up. But his fingers mechanically flip another page.

06th Sept 1998

I told Amma today. She told me I was out of my mind. She said G was just after our money. How wrong Amma is. She doesn't understand what love means. I never wanted to marry Kavita yet she made me because her father and mine were business partners. I can't help it if I love G. Of all things in life, the one thing that never interests G is money and wealth. And that is what I love about her.

Arnav stills again. His father had confessed to Dadi about his feelings for Garima! Arnav reads the lines about his father never having wanted to marry his mother. It was just a business deal. Unexpected tears of anger fill Arnav's eyes. This man he called his father, didn't care at all about his mother. He didn't even love her. So he married her only at the behest of Dadi.

Arnav suddenly remembers the truth that Dadi had told him the night his wedding with Khushi broke. Aapki maa ek bahut sundar aur sushil bahu thi. Humne hi aapke pitaji ke liye aapki maa ko dhoondha tha. Dadi's voice fills in Arnav's mind. Arnav looks towards the diary entry open in front of him. All that he had read so far negated everything that Dadi had led him to believe. His father didn't love his mother. Yet Dadi wanted Arnav to believe so. But why? He flips quickly to the next page hoping to learn more.

22nd Sept 1998

I'll ask G to marry me. I'll apologize to her for not telling her earlier that I'm married. But she'll understand. I wonder if she loves me too. I hope she does... Because I can't live without her...

Arnav reads the lines over and over again, his eyes widening as each word embosses itself in his mind. I'll apologize to her for not telling her earlier that I'm married. Arnav grips the dairy, rage building up inside him instantly. Rajeev Mallik was the one who fell in love with Garima. He was the one who wanted to marry her. Arnav grinds his teeth in anger as he realises everything that Dadi had told him about Rajeev Mallik was nothing but a big bag of lies.

Humein samajh aa gaya ki zaroor aapke pitaji ke paison aur jaidaad ke liye Garima ne unhe apne jaal mein fansa liya tha. Aapke pitaji aapki maa ko bahut chahte the Arnav.

And that is when Arnav Singh Raizada lets out an ear-splitting scream of fury.

ENGLISH VERSION

CHAPTER 12 GAME OVER

Scene 1

[Purani Haveli]

The room is absolutely dark. The shuttered doors are swung open, the curtains dancing lazily in the night breeze. Arnav is lying on his bed, his eyes shut as if deep in thought. He had fled away from his sister some time back. Yes, fled away, because he knew if he'd have stayed for a moment longer, she'd have said something about her... about Khushi... and then he'd have lost himself completely. Why does that woman affect me like this? Even when she told me she hates me, even though I promised her I won't ever return to her life, why can't I stop thinking about her? Arnav turns to his side restlessly.

Flashes of memory come back to his mind of the Shradh Pooja last year. He had shunned Khushi from the Pooja because he hated her too much then for her to be around on that day. And today? Today I needed her here, he admits grudgingly. Somehow having her around calmed him down. True she had made him furious numerous times, but that was when he didn't know her, when I didn't love her, he corrects himself. He lets out an audible sigh. Everything around him was linked to her in some way or the other. This city, this place, today's pooja... everything... It seems ironic to him that even his mother's payals reminded him of Khushi's appeal for payals.

Arnav stiffens. Maa's payals! In his rush to go for the Pooja, he had forgotten all about them. He quickly gets up from his bed, switches on the light and rushes to his wardrobe at the end of the room. He pulls opens the first drawer. Sitting at its base is the small intricate wooden box that he had stolen from the trunk. I didn't steal it, it was Maa's, he mentally reprimands himself. Next to the jewellery box was the leather diary. Arnav picks up both the things and shuts the drawer and the wardrobe. He locks the door of his room from inside and sits down on the four poster bed. He slowly unwinds the thread of the diary and eases it open.

The first page reads Diary of Rajeev Singh Mallik.

He notices the writing of his father was neatly cursive and he wrote his 'j's and 'g's like Arnav did. A strange feeling grips Arnav. His father's diary. He was going to read his thoughts. After 14 years, he would get an insight into the mysterious person that was his father. Arnav turns a page to read the first entry.

May 5th 1998

Bought 2 horses for the stables today. The finest in Lucknow. They'll be good to practice polo.

Arnav's heartbeat races at reading "polo". He was a big fan of the sport in his childhood and had always wanted to play but he hardly ever had the time. He remembers the horses, one was a jet black beauty, the other a white mare. Arnav scrunches his eyebrows as their names evade his memory. After a few more moments of clueless struggle, he gives up and turns another page.

May 7th 1998

Spoke to Deevan Sahib about Anjali's match with their son Agastya. They seemed eager, which is suspicious. I need to tell them we won't be giving them any dowry. Let's see if that makes them change their minds and show their true intentions.

A smirk appears on Arnav's face as he realises his father was a shrewd man! He could detect something fishy was going on just by studying people, definitely a trait that Arnav had inherited from him. The next page contains an old inland letter. Arnav keeps it aside and continues pursuing through the diary.

May 12th 1998

Arnav won 1st prize in the state level debate championship. I am really proud of him. I hope he'll continue doing well. Maybe I should get him the sports cycle he has been asking for all this time.

Arnav looks up from the diary in surprise. He remembers this! It was a great accomplishment for him because he was the only junior school student in the competition. But he remembers that his father hadn't praised him openly (much to his disappointment back then) when he had returned from school. Arnav frowns and looks back at the diary. He flips another page. Another random sheet of paper. He keeps it aside.

May 19th 1998

Anjali completed her graduation with flying colors. I'll throw her a big party soon. My daughter is all grown up. Soon she'll bid goodbye to her old man. I feel sad at the thought.

Arnav smiles. His father was never known to be an openly affectionate man. He very rarely spoke to them about the way he felt. He wasn't home much anyway, always staying away for his business related work. But from his words, Arnav could say his father was very fond of his two children. He happily flips over more pages.

May 22nd 1998

Spoke to Arnav's teacher. Worrying news. Arnav's not doing well in maths. How will he run the business few years down the line? I need to get him a tutor.

Arnav suddenly laughs out loud. He remembers this incident too! He had failed in a unit test because he was helping his friend out and his answer sheet was forcibly taken away right in the first few minutes of the exam. His father had been really worried that Arnav didn't have the aptitude for advanced maths and had hired a tutor. Arnav ended up playing cricket with him in the grounds of Sheesh Mahal. Still smiling widely, Arnav flips another few pages.

May 29th 1998

Sanjeev returned from Canada today. He seemed boisteriously happy. I still don't think he has set up his business there as he claims. He asked me for money today! I turned him down.

Sanjeev Singh Mallik was Arnav's Chacha. The same man who'd thrown him and Di out of Sheesh Mahal post the death of his parents. Arnav scowls at the memory. He hated that man. He quickly flips over to read more diary entries. Arnav slowly starts noticing a strange pattern. His father wrote about the house, about his business worries, about Arnav and Anjali (with pride). However, not one of those entries was about his mother. He had gone halfway through and yet he hadn't seen a single page about Maa.Weird.

His eyes pause on the page dated 13th July 1998.

13th July 1998

I saw her today in the Mahal. I was completely awestruck. She looked so simple in her lemon green saree. Serene. My heart went out to her.

Arnav thinks it is finally an entry about his mother. He eagerly reads on.

I asked her what she was doing there. She said she was lost.

Arnav looks at the line in confusion. Why would Maa get lost in the Mahal? He rereads the line but it makes no sense to him. He reads on.

I led her back to the main hall. She was clearly dazed watching the opulence of the Mahal. I asked her which room she liked and she blushed! She looked so vulnerable right then. A beauty. I had to ask her name. Garima.

Arnav freezes, his breath stuck in his lungs as an abrupt horror washes over him. Everything else gets wiped off from his mind in an instant. His breathing picks up pace and he feels the blood rushing into his brain. This entry wasn't about his mother, it was about her! He starts shaking with unspoken fury as he rereads the lines, his eyes stopping again and again atGarima. Even though he knew about her, reading about this incident in his father's own words was making his blood boil. Arnav viciously turns another page, his eyes furiously scanning the text for the same name or a similar description again. He finds it 3 pages later.

16th July 1998

I can't stop thinking about her. I've been trying to concentrate on work, but I almost shut down the Barabanki Mill from business today! She hasn't even spoken two words to me and yet all I can think of is her.

Arnav grinds his teeth. So she had already started her mind games within three days of meeting his father. He flips over another page.

18th July 1998

I went to Gupta's house today telling him I need to see the accounts. But she wasn't at home. I'll try again tomorrow.

Arnav flips page after page, trying to find the day when his father met Garima again.

23rd July 1998

I think I can die in peace today. Spent a wonderful hour at the Gupta House. G is so sweet and immensely mature for her age. I'm glad to see her talking sensible things. I feel like I'm getting pulled towards her.

Arnav read update after update, each flip of page threatening to open a new and more agonising revelation than the previous. He noticed that not once had his father written about his thoughts on his wife. Even Arnav and Anjali's mentions were reducing. Arnav was slowly getting to know his father's obsession with the other woman in his life. And it was this realisation that was disturbing Arnav most of all. Father was obsessed with Garima.

Towards the end of the diary, Arnav's hands pause on a page and his eyes widen in alarm.

01st Sept 1998

I love her! I can't live without her. These past two months have been the most beautiful I've ever felt. She is the woman for me. We will be together. I'll divorce Kavita and ask G to marry me. We'll be happy forever.

Arnav rereads the passage trying to decipher each and every word in every possible context. This man was actually thinking of leaving his entire family for Garima. What the hell had she brainwashed him with? Arnav struggles to understand. Was it really that simple to forget the past 25 years of his married life, his children, his wife just like that? Was it really that simple for his father to just let everything get washed away? Arnav suddenly feels sick, as if he's going to throw up. But his fingers mechanically flip another page.

06th Sept 1998

I told Amma today. She told me I was out of my mind. She said G was just after our money. How wrong Amma is. She doesn't understand what love means. I never wanted to marry Kavita yet she made me because her father and mine were business partners. I can't help it if I love G. Of all things in life, the one thing that never interests G is money and wealth. And that is what I love about her.

Arnav stills again. His father had confessed to Dadi about his feelings for Garima! Arnav reads the lines about his father never having wanted to marry his mother. It was just a business deal. Unexpected tears of anger fill Arnav's eyes. This man he called his father, didn't care at all about his mother. He didn't even love her. So he married her only at the behest of Dadi.

Arnav suddenly remembers the truth that Dadi had told him the night his wedding with Khushi broke. Your mother was a beautiful and worthy daughter in law. I myself had found her for your father. Dadi's voice fills in Arnav's mind. Arnav looks towards the diary entry open in front of him. All that he had read so far negated everything that Dadi had led him to believe. His father didn't love his mother. Yet Dadi wanted Arnav to believe so. But why? He flips quickly to the next page hoping to learn more.

22nd Sept 1998

I'll ask G to marry me. I'll apologize to her for not telling her earlier that I'm married. But she'll understand. I wonder if she loves me too. I hope she does... Because I can't live without her...

Arnav reads the lines over and over again, his eyes widening as each word embosses itself in his mind. I'll apologize to her for not telling her earlier that I'm married. Arnav grips the dairy, rage building up inside him instantly. Rajeev Mallik was the one who fell in love with Garima. He was the one who wanted to marry her. Arnav grinds his teeth in anger as he realises everything that Dadi had told him about Rajeev Mallik was nothing but a big bag of lies.

I knew that Garima was trying to lure your father for his property and his wealth. He really loved your mother Arnav.

And that is when Arnav Singh Raizada lets out an ear-splitting scream of fury.

NEXT CHAPTER (click)

Writer's Note: So how was it folks? Although I know some of you had guessed it already πŸ˜› FEEDBACK please!! I hope to wrap up this chapter by Monday so the sooner I hear from you, the quicker will the next scene follow.

Cheers people! πŸ˜Š

*None of my work can be copied without explicit written permission from me. It's not polite to steal ideas.*

Edited by smitzy - 11 years ago
ipkkndfanforeva thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
*And I'm Back!!
Missed this place a lot!πŸ˜†

Waits for a few minutes, to just process what happened in the scene! πŸ€ͺ

SmitzzyyyπŸ€—

Holy Shit!!😲
What a Freaking Awesome Chapter!!⭐️
Loved Loved Loved it!!!❀️
I seriously dont know what to say...

*Starts collecting her thoughts again...

I really liked the diary entries at the start, abt Arnav, Anajli they were very cute!
The dude played cricket with the tutor!! Lol! soo adorable!😊

The entries since he started "stalking" Garima reveal soo much abt the character of the guy!
He was obsessed with her! Damn!

And the thing is, hes so easily & happily saying that he loves G and would leave his family!
Thats just cruel!😑

He married Kavita i.e arranged marriage, fine.
But those 25 years, when he was married, had kids...was it so easy to throw it away!
And on top of it he thinks that if he asks an apology, everything would be ok and he would get what he wants!!! *seriously pissed

Damn, i wish he was alive! I would have killed him!🐷
Hes just like the damn Creep!🀒

Dadi is a complete Bitch!!😑☒️
I mean the knew the f*****g truth! But she chose to twist it around and feed lies to everyone!
She just doesnt want to believe that her son could actually do something like that!
Shes totally screwed, cuz even after 14 yrs she just cant accept the truth & shes still supporting her bloody son!!
I really want to know how her brain is working, cuz im confused!

Thanks for writing the truths told by Grima and Dadi!
What Garima told was truly heart-breaking!πŸ₯Ί
And do i really need to say anything abt Dadi!☒️

I soo feel for Arnav!😭
Its just too much to bear, especially after the complete bag of lies that hav been fed to him!

Im soo waiting for the next chapter!!
God im soo excited!!πŸ˜ƒ

Arnav-Khushi confrontation gaya bhaad mein!
Arnav-Dadi confrontation is what i want!! *jumps in excitementπŸ˜ƒ

This is the best chapter yet!
Tops it all!πŸ‘

And im pretty sure the next few ones will be even better!😳

PS - I'm soo glad that im back to commenting first on this chapter!
         And is still seriously pissed at RSM & Dadi!

Muah
πŸ€—
Edited by ipkkndfanforeva - 11 years ago
kriti_atharv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
omg i was right...the diary has almost all the answers...wow freaking amazing update dear...gosh arnav knows the truth now...dadi is in big trouble...hehehehe...i could imagine arnav screaming like he did in the series...oh what his next option going to be????cant wait to find out...please update soon...this was a mind blowing update dear n thnx 4da pm...