Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ipkkndfanforeva thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
That was a great start!!😃

Do continue soon!

Whos Khushi? she cant be their daught er can she! i mean mom ka naam hi rakh diya...unless Khushi died!😕

Could u pm me pl
Thanks

Edited by ipkkndfanforeva - 11 years ago
Vindhy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
oh please do dooo continue... hope Khushi is dead...(in this friction only).. don't get me wrong but I am a sucker for sad stories, just like I guess YOU are!!

.x-bumblebee-x. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Beautiful and adorable.. lovey start..:)
adithyan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
where is khushi?...
nice ..update soon
napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7

PART 2

As the kind man looked up into her face, an expression of pain and horror on his own, Khushi leaned forward to help him to his feet. He resisted her attempts, almost recoiling from her hands. Seeing this, little Khushi, slightly confused, reached just her hand forward to the kind man. This time, contact was achieved, as she patted his white, strained cheeks with her dirty fingers. Khushi swallowed her tears as she tried, instinctively, to comfort the stricken person before her who stared so weirdly at her face.   

"Whats wrong, Uncle?"
asked Simran, shaking Arnav's arm, frightened by both the strange look on her Uncle's face, and by his harsh breathing that seemed to shudder through his frozen body.  Arnav focused on the ground, trying to control his thudding heartbeats, when little Khushi 's voice intruded into the nightmare that had gripped him once again, a nightmare that had no beginning and no end.

Khushi was now getting a little teary eyed again, a change brought by the odd look on Simran's Uncle's face. She was, honestly, a little upset by the kind Uncle's strange reaction to her name, and now said "
Can you help me call my momma? She works at the store across the park, and she left me to play here until her break-time. I'm not supposed to talk to any strangers, and I'm supposed to play with the other children and not be naughty and cause anyone any trouble. But my foot hurts, Uncle, and I want my momma..."

The little trembling voice broke through to Arnav when even Simran's urgent shaking had not registered. Somehow, he controlled himself. Focusing on the small foot, Arnav told Simran to hold Khushi's hand in her own, to comfort her while he fixed the sprain.

Simran, puzzled by the expression she was seeing on her normally granite faced Uncle, did as she was told. His voice was gravelly and thick with some suppressed emotion as he told Khushi
"Thora dard hoga" and, with a swift movement, twisted the small foot first left and right.

The action was done too quickly to hurt, and Khushi, sitting up and examining her now healed foot with great awe, threw her arms around the kind Uncle. The stiff man patted her back awkwardly, and silently handed her his cell phone. Khushi made a careful call, her small pink tongue sticking out as she frowned with the effort of getting her momma's numbers entered just right. She was pleased with her success, and in a few moments, Arnav was speaking to a hysterical woman, Khushi's absent mother. The woman on the phone begged him to wait at the playground with little Khushi for just ten minutes, while she rushed over to pick up her daughter.

*********************************************************************************************

Amrita Singh, a junior salesgirl at the Greater Kailash branch of AR Design Group's Bridal Boutique almost had a heart attack when she recognized who little Khushi's
"kind Uncle-ji' was. Stammering her thanks to the great Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada for looking after her little daughter, Amrita stared at the enigmatic man who was her company's powerful owner. To her surprise, he paid no attention to her, and was looking at  a now cheerful, fidgety Khushi with almost despairing eyes. Puzzled by his odd expression, Amrita tried to apologize for the inconvenience that Mr Raizada has suffered. Her words were again ignored.

"Why do you allow...her...to play in a public park when its not safe?"
asked Arnav, and was told, with some hesitation, that Amrita's duties at the AR Boutique did not allow her to chaperon her daughter at all times. The park was safe enough in the afternoon since there were so many children there. This was the only free time Khushi had to play, and just run around and enjoy herself. Amrita's husband, Pradeep Singh had died some time ago, so, as a single mother, she could not afford full time childcare. Mr. Arnav Raizada just listened, silently.

A car screeched to a stop a few feet from them.

There was something peculiar going on here, Amrita thought, as she watched her company's president turn to face two beautiful women, who had just pulled up in an SUV.
  She had seen pictures of both ladies in the Delhi Society pages, so she knew that the older lady with the limp was Anjali, Mr Raizada's sister, while the younger, softer-looking woman was Payal Raizada, who was Aakash sir's spouse. Both women looked around, and spotting them, hurried to Mr Raizada's side as if he was in some kind of trouble. There manner was agitated, as if Mr Raizada was in danger,  and not just standing by a playground, talking to his very junior employee and staring at her young daughter.

Khushi, all this while, had been making busy making new plans with Simran about tomorrow's games. Simran's earlier worry for her friend prompted her to ask if Khushi could in fact play at all, given the state of her injury.  Khushi, by now, had been spotted as well, and was being examined with painful intensity by the two silent, well dressed ladies. She was a friendly child, and these Aunties did look very concerned, given the way they were staring first at her, and then at Uncle-ji. Khushi was worried about their concern for her, there was no need to look so upset. So, to make everyone happy, she was in the middle of assuring everybody about her excellent, almost miraculous good health when Payal Raizada, who had been staring at her for past two minutes suddenly, audibly, gasped when she heard Khushi's voice.

They were all behaving so oddly. Why would Anjali Raizada look so desperately, with such tearful eyes, at her brother? Why would Payal Raizada shake her head as if in denial, and turn away abruptly from the sight of little Khushi's smiling face? Amrita Singh was normally not a very sensitive person, but even she felt a sense of strain, of suppressed panic and tension as if there was an actual fog of something dark and suffocating in the air. Sensing that the two women behind Mr Raizada were somewhat agitated by her daughter's presence, Amrita firmly took her daughter's hand and turned to return to the Boutique.

Khushi was being led away by her mother when she turned, one final time. She had wanted to wave a goodbye to Simran when she noticed the kind Uncle-ji had put his hands up to his eyes, and that his entire body was shaking as if he was very ill. Concerned for the man who had been so good to her, and who she could sense was, for some reason, not okay, she asked loudly, and with genuine worry 
"Tum Thik Ho?"

And that was when Arnav Singh Raizada finally let go.

TO BE CONTINUED!

PART 3  https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3208061?pn=17
Edited by napstermonster - 11 years ago
arisai thumbnail
I have no words for this psychic ability anymore. It's not just borderline weird anymore- it's full blown creepy. ðŸ˜† 

------

Ahahaa, I was hoping this chapter would clear up a few things but I am now even MORE confused. Though pleasantly so. :')

I always love it when something is quoted from the show- makes me feel clever when I can pick up on it. It seems like this IS in fact a future-fic with actual Khushi (herein Khushi 1.0) being dead or at the very least not in Arnav's life anymore, judging by his reactions to saying 'thora dard hoga', his inability to say her name and also his 'letting go' at the end when Khushi 2.0 said 'Tum thik ho?'- an almost trademarked ArShi phrase. Not going to lie, I'm hoping 'letting go' meant collapsing into a crying mess in a public playground... Somehow I doubt it, but the thought of Arnav sobbing by the sandbox made me chuckle, and then feel really sad. If you wrote it, I'm sure it'd be really symbolic and clever ðŸ˜†

Ahh, if Amrita isn't Khushi 2.0's biological mother, then she's probably named after her actual mum- Khushi 1.0. 

I'm curious about Payal and Anjali's reaction to her- maybe without Arnav's warped perspective, as objective outsiders they see exactly what it was that drew Arnav to her. Does she look like a young Khushi 1.0 (which would explain why it was Payal who reacted first)? Or maybe Simran said Khushi's name and that's what made her gasp.

Khushi 2.0's concern for Arnav is adorable and childlike and innocent and GDI I hope she heals him, or if, he's done something awful and is repenting (I still have Apshakun in my head here) then she helps him realise that some things aren't forgivable but that he has to move past it and do the best he can with the present. 

SO MUCH POTENTIAL IN THIS- I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT UPDATE. 

As for your writing and seemingly effortless ability to manipulate our emotions and keep us guessing- flawless as per ;)

Edited by arisai - 11 years ago
CDlove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
I need more! I need more! I need more!!!

edit- I was cmmenting for the first but then realised I you had uploaded the second part as well.

one word-  Brilliant!
Edited by CDlove - 11 years ago
napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: arisai

I have no words for this psychic ability anymore. It's not just borderline weird anymore- it's full blown creepy. ðŸ˜†

I swear to you, I thought...thats gonna show up Arisai...no way would she be up at this time of the night...and there you were. Lets just give up, give an ambiguous name to our creepy symbiotic relationship and move in together to breed Persian cats in between bouts of alcoholism. And yeah, I have "aunts" who are doing JUST that...I farak you!
Edited by napstermonster - 11 years ago
divvk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow!!! Amazing yaar!!! I guess Khushi died and Amrita is khushi's friend, who is taking care of her friend's daughter and named her as khushi.. I know my guess is wrong.. but still.. loved the update!! Do PM me.. please.. 
thebubblespop12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I'm excited to read more!! Update soon!!