Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: HotMess

Woh Ajnabee... that reminds me of the song from The Train. I used to like that song. πŸ˜†

That was the song that was playing on my computer when I registered on IF. It was a convenient username. πŸ˜† I haven't heard the song in ages now!
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

πŸ˜†

That's true. Farhan Akhtar needs to spare us with his singing and stick to what he does best behind the cameras. No need to be the next Himesh Reshamiya! Lol.

Abhishek has Aishwariya Rai ... sochna kya hai?! πŸ˜† Both father and son are probably still singing:

Aao mil jaayen hum tum ke phir na ho juda
Never gonna let you go girl, never gonna let you go ... no, no.

(If you didn't catch the reference, the song is from Bluffmaster, which Abhishek sang as well - talk about horrendous singing when it comes to B-town's beloved sons!)

Totally agree with you on the bold text part. He's such a non-actor with a forced acting.

You won't believe this, but I was bitching about him to my friend Alex this morning and was telling me how offended I felt when he [Abhi] appeared in my dream last night. 🀒

Saara maza kirkira kar diya!
DaddyMarvel thumbnail

That was the song that was playing on my computer when I registered on IF. It was a convenient username. πŸ˜† I haven't heard the song in ages now!

I thought it was because of your name that resembled t he word Ajnabee. πŸ˜ƒ
HotMess thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

LOL I have a similar story as yours actually. Hot Mess by Cobra Starship was the song I was listening to at the moment I created my IF account, and voila! 

I just listened to Woh Ajnabee right now after years... Mithoon had a nice voice. What happened to him? Does he still sing? πŸ˜•
HotMess thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -Xaffron-

I never thought of him while creating that username. I was looking for a unique, exotic username. Then it struck me that saffron is the most expensive spice in the world. Why not play around with it, especially when I love cooking and stuff. πŸ˜†

Yes, Saffron is zaafraan in Urdu and kesar in Hindi. 😊 Yes, Urdu is a very elite language. Contrary to the popular belief that Bollywood films are made in Hindi, they're actually in Urdu.

Oh man, my general knowledge is horrible. I had no idea saffron is the most expensive spice in the world. This is why I can never participate in KBC. πŸ˜’

And yes! Someone has told me that before. "Shudh" Hindi is more closer to Sanskrit, no? And the language spoken in Bollywood is Urdu. So much for "Hindi-film industry."
Edited by HotMess - 11 years ago
DaddyMarvel thumbnail

LOL I have a similar story as yours actually. Hot Mess by Cobra Starship was the song I was listening to at the moment I created my IF account, and voila! 

I just listened to Woh Ajnabee right now after years... Mithoon had a nice voice. What happened to him? Does he still sing? πŸ˜•

I feel inspired to share my story with the two of you. I go by Roshan on IF, which has been my e-nickname since 2002. I was chatting with a bunch of random strangers on Yahoo! Messenger in 2002, when HR's song, AMALL, was playing on TV. That's when someone asked me my name on chat and I said Roshan. Heck! Us din ke baad maine apna naam Roshan rakh diya. πŸ˜†

Damn, has it been 10 years already!!!
DaddyMarvel thumbnail

Oh man, my general knowledge is horrible. I had no idea saffron is the most expensive spice in the world. This is why I can never participate in KBC. πŸ˜’

And yes! Someone has told me that before. "Shudh" Hindi is more closer to Sanskrit, no? And the language spoken in Bollywood is Urdu. So much for "Hindi-film industry."

Awww... No worries! 😳 You will do just fine! Trust yourself and your instincts. πŸ˜ƒ Good luck! πŸ˜ƒ

Yep, we Indians have always been cheated into thinking that the language spoken in Bollywood is Hindi, when actually it was always Urdu. The movies made from the 40s until the mid-to-late 80s were almost all in Urdu. Things changed a bit since the 90s, when colloquialism started pouring in. However, that didn't change the fact that lyricists like Sameer, Gulzar, and Javed Akhtar still continued penning down lyrics in Urdu in the 90s decade.

If you listen to Kumar Sanu, Alka Yagnik, and Udit Narayan's songs from the 90s, you will see a huge difference in the poetry as compared to the garbage that we listen today. πŸ˜ƒ
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Alright guys, let's move here. We're on the 150th page. 😊

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3195869