Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Peehu24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
interesting. So who is arnie's wife? Is it khushi?
tasid1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
sounds interesting... but am sad if he is divorced from kkg.. right now am in the frame of mind where i just want asr to really really woo and court kkg. She missed out on all that and deserves that so much...
ridizzz thumbnail
interesting start
liked it
plz cont soon
ayu_tripathi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
really intresting...plz write soon..!!
niania13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Who was Arnav married with? What happened between him and his wife?
So many questions!!!
Please, update soon!!!
Preet.Kc thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
it's awesome, i really loved it. 
please continue soon, it's very interesting
rashika thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

It is around 1 in the morning here and I am updating the next chapter. It hasn't been proofread so soory about the mistakes.

Chapter 2

He didn't go home instead he headed straight for his Di's place. He knocked on the door to be let in by the servant. Handing him his bag and coat he headed towards the living room. His whole family plus the Jha's all sitting down. Arnav walked over and paid his respects to everyone older to him.

Devraj Manhohar Jha was a successful lawyer now retired. His forefathers had made their money working first as farmers before moving into exporting home-made food and pickles where they made the money. This gave Devraj to pursue a career into law which had first had gone against his father's wishes but in the end he gave in. Devraj went onto become very successful and his son Shyam followed in his footsteps as Shyam loved what his father did and wanted his dad to be proud of him.

Shyam's mum Maya Manhohar Jha was Devraj's childhood sweetheart. They got married as soon as Devraj passed the bar and went onto have a successful marriage.

Their kids consist of Shyam being the eldest, their second son Jay and their daughter Priya.

Jay was studying the law while Priya was still in school.

Shyam and Anjali had been married for five years with a son named Priyan who was three years old. Shyam had met Anjali through Arnav when Arnav had invited Shyam to his house to discuss some papers. Shyam had instantly fallen in love when he had seen her. They were married after a year of being together. Arnav had grown to respect his brother-in-law since he could see how much his sister was in love with him. He also respected her in laws as Anjali had become more of a daughter to them as she took over all of the household chores not allowing her mother-in-law to help out.

Anjali saw her brother that evening after so long. "Chote. It is good to see you. How are you?" "I'm good Di please don't worry about me." "Anjali bitiya please scold him. He never seems to take care of himself" mami interrupted. Anjali looked at Arnav. She placed her hand on his cheek letting him she was worried about him. He put his hand on her's and looked at his sister. "Di I am fine" Arnav answered her concerned look. Anjali just nodded a yes.

Priyan who had seen his mama after so long wasn't talking to him. Arnav walked up to him and try to pacify his nephew. He took out some chocolate from his pocket and held it in front of him. Priyan grabbed it out of his hand with a huge smile on his face. Anjali looked from her brother to her son with an angry look towards the pair of them. "Priyan not before dinner. Give them to me" she said to her son. Priyan looked from his mum to his mama all of sudden upset. "Di let him at least one now" Arnav pleaded with his sister. Anjali gave in "Ok. One now but give me the other one." Priyan went over to his mum handed her one chocolate as he had two while he unwrapped the other and started munching away oblivious to everyone smiling at his antics. "You know something Chote he reminds me a lot about you when you were young" Anjali smiled at the thought. Arnav just looked at his sister in a don't say anymore look. "Oh Chote don't look at me like that. I can't help it if sometimes your nephew does things that remind me of you. Although if I remember you use to have more chocolate then Priyan did." "Di. Please stop" Arnav said in a huff while everyone else couldn't help but laugh.

Soon the dinner was served on the dining table and everyone had food.

It was around 10 o'clock before the whole Raizada family left for home.

It was around 8 in the morning. Devyani Raizada had decided she wanted to go to the temple. Manorama went with her. Arnav had made sure the driver took them and brought them home.

They headed towards the temple with an arti thaal. The priest was singing the aarti at that time. Once he was finished he started distributing the prasad. Devyani and Manorama took the prasad and started heading back to the car. Manorama was stopped when she met up with one of her friends and started chatting. Devyani headed back towards the car. As she was going down the stairs she started to feel dizzy and was about to faint when a young woman saw her and managed to grab her in time before she fell forward. Gently guiding her towards a bench she placed her on it and went towards the pot which had water in it. She grabbed the steel glass next to it filled it up with water and went back to Devyani. She first took some droplets of water in her hand and sprinkled them onto Devyani's face to wake her up. Devyani started stirring. The young woman went and sat next to Devyani. She put one hand around the back of her head while the other holding the glass she placed it near the older woman's mouth and made her drink some water. Manorama had come by now to see what had happened. "Sasuma are you ok?" Manorama said worried. Devyani slowly opened her eyes to look around her surroundings when her eyes feel on the young woman next to her. "What happened?" Devyani asked. "You fainting and were about to fall. I managed to get you here" came the reply from the young woman. The young girls family were now also beside her. "Thank you beta" Manorama said. "What's your name?" "Payal Gupta" came the reply.

Manorama started talking to her family. Payal had come with her mum and bua to the temple. Manorama also found out where they lived.

After a while Payal and her family headed home even though Manorama offered them a lift they had refused it.

Devyani looked at the girl. She was so simple and sweet. "If only Arnav had married a girl like her" she voiced to Manorama. "I know Sasuma but after what has happened he will never agree. We all know what he is like and he never wants to marry again" Manorama replied with sadness. "I know. I wish he just didn't shut himself up." "Sasuma I don't know if you mind me saying but I would like it if Akash were to marry a girl like her." Devyani looked at her daughter-in-law shock evident on her face. Wait. What happened to my daughter-in-law? This woman always wanted a rich daughter-in-law Devyani thought. Manorama looked at her mother-in-law. "Sasuma I saw what happened with Arnav bitwa. I have realised that then a daughter-in-law has to have strong family values first. Doesn't matter whether she is rich or poor but her family values should be strong and looking at that girl I wish to have a daughter-in-law like her who is traditional and has values." "Manorama you have made my day. Let's speak to Akash about this to see what he has to say and then make a decision." They both headed back home.

In the evening Akash had been cornered by both his mother and dadi and grilled about marriage. At first he was reluctant after witnessing his brother's marriage going up in smoke but gave in when his mum started to sob.

It was around the weekend when they all headed to the Gupta house. Arnav didn't want to go but as Anjali had been called to attend along with Shyam the pair of them convinced him to go along.

At the Gupta house Madhumati had been sitting in the living room when she heard the honking of a car. She got up and looked out the window. Her gaze fell on the two big cars coming and parking right outside her home. As Devyani got out she recognised her and Madhumati was in a flutter. "Garima look who it is outside." Garima quickly came from the kitchen and walked over to her shouting "who is it jiji?" "Look it is the women we saw at the temple the other day. They are heading here." "What? What would they want here?" Garima looking outside the window with a shock look on her face. "Doesn't matter what they want to do here but we have to make sure Khushi is nowhere around." "Jiji" Shashi shouted. "Why do you always have a go at her?" "Why shouldn't I you and I both know she has brought nothing but shame in this family. I have only let her stay here because of you but I will not allow her carry on ruining our reputation in front of strangers" Madhumati yelled back at her brother. Both Shashi and Garima felt sad for Khushi while Payal who heard this was really upset. Khushi on the other hand who had been listening was used to it and headed out the back just to avoid being seen by anyone.

Devyani and her whole family got out of the car and headed towards the house. They knocked on the door to be greeted by the family. Once inside Devyani introduced the whole family and Madhumati did the same. "If you don't mind me asking why are you here Devyaniji" Madhumati asked. "Well we have come to ask for your niece's hand for my grandson Akash" Devyani said with a smile. Madhumati, Garima and Shashi were in shock over this. As they were about to ask Arnav's phone went off. He excused himself and went outside to answer the call. He started shouting on the phone but as he knew he was making a bit of a scene so he moved around the house to be out of earshot. Once the phone call was finished he heard someone singing.

Chanda hai tu mera suraj hai tu o meri aankhon ka tara hai tu

Jeeti hu main bus tujhe dekh ke is tote dil ka sahara hai tu

Chanda hai tu mera suraj hai tu

Arnav hadn't heard that lullaby since he was a kid himself. He followed the sound of the voice. He went round towards the back of the house to see a young woman with her back towards him all clad in white with her long ebony hair open and a little boy in her arms.

Please do hit the like button and please do comment

P.S anyone who wants pm's please add me to your buddy list

Chapter 3

Edited by rashika - 11 years ago
Angel13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
great update😊
loved it 👏
so Shyam is good person in this ff ..good 😆
oh Manorama mami being good 😆
Payal..😃
Raizadas thinking to get Payal and Arnav married 😲
oh buaji and others consider Khushi as a shame😲
thanks for pm
cont. soon
rashika thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Angel13

great update😊

loved it 👏
so Shyam is good person in this ff ..good 😆
oh Manorama mami being good 😆
Payal..😃
Raizadas thinking to get Payal and Arnav married 😲
oh buaji and others consider Khushi as a shame😲
thanks for pm
cont. soon

Yep shyam is good in the ff and so is mami. Yes devyani did think about it but they knew Arnav would never say yes hence why mami suggested Akash for Payal. As for Khushi her back story will come. Edited by rashika - 11 years ago
purplelove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
You leave me intrigued. Nice job.