Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gentle_girl66 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
va allaikumsalaam.well, i am not an indian or a pakistani.i think that we should never say india is more superior than pakistan or pakistan is more superior than india. i think that we are al living inthe same world, we are humans, 1 god has made us so why we are fighting .forget about it and live your life  easily by sharing with each other.
meha thumbnail

Hmm

Well i was just expressing my feelings coz that what i thought. no offences plz! The thing i started this thread was coz recently on many other web sites i read very heated discussion concerning this... They were all against pakistan without any reason! so that's that. I respect u guys very much coz eversince i set foot on this forum i have never met any misconception or misunderstanding. its a nice and well-oriented forum.

if u think this should be stopped . well i dont mind!

sorry 4 all the upheavel coz i guess i am responsible..

Good day to all!

Rumi thumbnail
  everybody loves his/her own country!!it does not matter whether the country is best or not. can anyone measure his/her mother? if your mother is not the best woman , if she is not beautiful, if she is poor etc. will you dump her? no. still you will love her and consider her best for you. the motherland is like that. whatever it may be it is your motherland and you love it.that's the fact. if there are problems you should like to solve those problems in your own ways, you should love to do something, whatever small it may be, for your country .
*Shona* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

HI everyone,

first of all, please do not make any personal attacks on any religions or countries. You are free to give your opinion as long as it is presented tastefully and doesnt hurt the other person. 😊

now, back to topic, as bazio said i dont think there is a "best country"...every country has its flaws and good points. so lets not decide which one is better than the other.

and as rumi di said, everyone loves their mother and thinks she is the best because after all she is your mother...so its the same with motherland....i dont hold the view that india is the best but i do love it and i'm sure similarly meha loves pakistan too.

I have manyyyyyyyyyyy pakistani friends in real life and on i-f too and i think they are all great people...infact i dont see any diference between them and my indian friends....we are all pretty much the same... we've never let the political differences in india and pakistan come between our friendship.

and pakistan is a great country as well, just like India, just like the US, just like Canada....all these countries have drawbacks and good points and we cannot change that...so lets forget their drawbacks and look at the good points!!!😊

hope i made sense here!!!😳

jasleen😊

Edited by jelly_1984 - 18 years ago
simi1295 thumbnail
i want to knw when u say that " pak. is the best counrty"... have u been to india ?  i think we need to see and live in both countries b4 we can say which is better!... i love india and im proud to be an indian..  i will not say anything bad abt paki. bc i have not been thr!... so for me EAST OR WEST, INDIA IS THE BEST.
prem_diwani thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Never having visited Pakistan I cannot honestly comment on it being the best. Best in relation to what???

I believe we are from the same continent and were countrymen for centuries till politics tore us apart. The English did a real number on us and now they are having the last laugh from their cozy palaces while watching India and Pakistan fight over a border that ought not to have been there.

My experience with people from there in the US has been very good, they are very refined and cultured and on speaking to the elders you can hear the dismay in their voice and see the sadness in their eyes over the partition.

**PD**

sweetrani_neha thumbnail
This doesn't have to do with which country is the best... that may be a personal issue... may not be an issue at all. I too have many Pakistani friends and never has a religion been a hinderance to why I shouldn't like someone. I live in the US and here, especially in my school, I see a variety of people from at least 40 different countries. When I meet someone I don't ask what country they're from because it carries no importance to me. I care about how a person is as an individual, whether he/she is India or Pakistani or what not makes no difference to me. Pakistan is great in its own way, just as US, India, UK, Canada, etc all have their own uniqueness that makes it great. But to me we're all God's children right.. so one and the same...
garammaxala7726 thumbnail

Every country is special in its own way. India is a wonderful country even though it has its faults. Pakistan is probably the same.

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Sorry friends, but I need to close this topic. Here the issue seems to be spinning off some bad vibes which is not welcome. It's wonderful to write whatever you like about a country and discuss issues but comparing nationalities is just not done.

I am sorry if you people feel that I have infringed on a democratic right to express opinions but I feel any topic can be discussed in a constructive way and this topic has every ingredient of rousing unwelcome sentiments.

Just a personal opinion in all this: I love what Rumi had to say. A country is like your mother, your friend might have Aishwarya Rai for a mother, but your own mother is still the best.

πŸ˜Š