Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshi208 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Oh man !! 🥺

Arnav's past is sooo harsh !! 😭

I always wanted to know how he had committed the first murder of his life , and now that I know I can't help but sympathize with him. 

But I do hope that Khushi manages to fill his life with loads and loads of 'Khushi' and makes him forget his past. 😳

But what I really wanna see is how will they end up together. 😕

While killing people is Arnav's way of survival , Khushi just can't seem to hear the word 'death' and it's all because of their pasts. 😲

Wonder how she'll react when she comes to know about the truth and how will she accept him. 😕

Loads and Loads of questions and only u seem to have the answers ! But the wait is totally worth it 👏 
GayuArnav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wow awesome as usual!
Poor arnav must have been through so many hardships!
Amazing update :) 
prettyasjen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I'm really curious to know how this is going to continue... Arnav has been through a lot. And now Khushi's in love with him, I think of Bauji's passes away or if Arnav finds out that Khushi is an orphan... I think he'll not want to leave her as she'll get lonely just like he was or even is to a certain degree.
dhahi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I cudnt make out wen t update starts n it ends so soon...
I just want more n more... 
Pls keep writin often n longer ones too...
This s too intriguin...

molten_lava thumbnail
CHAPTER 18

It was two days since Khushi had last seen Arnav. Even today, he hadn't arrived at the clinic, to give her a ride home. And now Khushi began to get worried for him. She had tried calling his cell phone since morning, but he wasn't picking it up. She indirectly tried finding out any information about him from Akash. But there seemed to be no word about him.

It was 9:30 pm and Khushi retired back to her bedroom after finishing all the kitchen chores. She picked up her phone for the nth time, wondering if she should try calling him once again, hoping that this time he would pick the phone. Somehow, her instincts were telling her to not quit trying. She dialled his number, but all she could here was the caller tone which stopped after a whole minute.

She had enough of this. It was fine if he was ignoring her. But what she feared was his safety. Was he alright?

Maybe she could try sending him a message. She took her phone and furiously typed into it, hoping that he would atleast read it and reply.

o0o

Arnav sat quietly on the edge of his bed. His hands were holding her white dupatta that she had used to tie up his wound that very first time he had met her. He looked lost in some distant world, in his own thoughts, when he was suddenly interrupted by his phone ringing.

He saw Khushi's name flash on the screen. He chose to ignore it like he had been doing since yesterday. He wanted to get away from her. But everytime his resolve would strengthen, she would call once again, making it very difficult for him to forget her. He would be reminded about the wonderful memories that they had shared recently. He couldn't deny it that those were truly one of the best days of his life.

But he was scared to admit this to himself. He was scared to let him go near her just thinking about her reaction when she would know his true identity. He was scared to be heartbroken and rejected.

But this was becoming impossible for him. Every step he took further away from her, he felt some kind of magnetic pull, bringing him even more closer to her. Just when he thought he was going lose it completely, he heard the message tone beep on his phone.

He picked up the phone and read it.

"It's fine if you don't want to talk to me. But alteast let me know that you are alright." It was from Khushi.

He closed his eyes, feeling guilty for what he was about to do. But he knew exactly what was to be done.

o0o

It was 10:00 pm and Khushi decided to switch off the lights and sleep. She had been in no mood to read a book as per her daily routine. She kept glancing at her phone again and again, hoping he would reply. But there was absolute silence. Just when she was about to give up, her phone suddenly sprang up to life, flashing the name of the person whom she was longing to see.

Khushi jumped up on her bed, sitting up straight and lifted the phone.

"Khushi." She heard him call out her name and she felt a huge relief knowing that he was alright.

"Arnav?" she asked still not sure whether this was for real or not.

"Don't panic, but can you come towards the window?" she heard him on the other end.

"What?" she asked completely puzzled at his request. She relented and went towards the window and what she saw left her completely stunned.

"Arnav?!" she exclaimed out loudly seeing him standing inside her compound. Her eyes went the widest ever possible, as panic started to grip her. She immediately realized how loud she had shouted.  "What are you doing here at this hour of the night?" she tried whispering, straining her throat in the process.

Arnav quickly strode towards her, making his way through the shrubs near the window.

"I wanted to meet you." He replied calmly. "Can I come in? It's cold out here and I don't want to alarm people in your house of my presence."

"Exactly! Buaji will kill both of us if she knows you are here. And what's up with the drama about you not picking up my calls?" she glared at him with furious eyes.

"I'll explain. Just let me in." He replied.

Khushi thought about it for a minute. If she opened the front door, Buaji would definitely be alerted as her room was just beside the living room. Maybe she should try getting him in through the back door. Yes, that would be the safest option.

"Wait! I'm coming." She said and slowly tip toed to the back door, praying that her Buaji was sound asleep in her own dreamland. As she reached outside, she saw him staring at her in the darkness.

"Come. And stop staring at me like that." She said pulling his hand and leading him inside. On their way in, they heard loud snoring from Buaji's room. Arnav knew that he was going to burst out into laughter any moment hearing the strange noises from the room. Khushi saw this and punched him lightly in his abdomen, hushing him to be quiet. Once inside the safety of her room, she closed behind the door and switched on the lights, and turned around to face him. She could feel her face reddening with fury.

"Now tell me. Why have you not been picking up my calls? Do you know how much I was worried for the past two days? Even Akash didn't know anything about you. That night when I called you, you sounded angry. Did I do something to hurt you? Then why are you avoiding me?  And why do your eyes look so tired and puffy? Is everything alright? And all of a sudden, you decide to show up at my house at this hour. I don't get any of this." Khushi blasted out at him, taking out all the tension that had been nagging her. But all she could see was him smiling calmly at her, with his hands folded on his chest.

"Done?" he asked with the same calm tone that made her even more furious.

"So you missed me?" he asked taking a step closer to her.

"Yes!" she exclaimed before she snapped back to her senses. "No!" she retorted. "I'm really angry with you." And she went and sat down on her bed, completely ignoring him.

She missed him. Arnav felt a warm feeling ride up through his chest.

"Tell me something. Did I do anything wrong?" she asked silently not looking at him.

How could he tell her that he was to be blamed for everything. With a heavy heart he made his way towards her bed and sat down beside her."No you didn't. I was busy with some work."

"Then why didn't you call me back?" she asked in a calmer tone than before, to which she was only responded with silence.

"Arnav, is everything alright?" she asked turning to face him, gently cupping his face with her one hand. "I think atleast now you can trust me with your problems."

He closed his eyes with anguish. She wouldn't be sitting beside him if she knew his truth. He opened his eyes and in front of him, found a photo frame kept on the table. A couple in their thirties were posed with a small girl in between them.

"Is that you and your parents?" he said instantly trying to divert the topic.

"Yes, and I know you are trying to change the topic. See, this is your biggest problem. You don't want to share anything with me. As if I'm gonna eat you up." She said annoyingly.

"So I wonder what Mr. Gupta would do if he found out that I'm in your bedroom at this hour of the night, while he is in the other room sleeping like a bear." he said letting out a chuckle.

"He would have strangled both of us." She paused before continuing, "If he were alive." Khushi whispered in a sad voice, finding her throat choke with pain remembering her parents. Arnav suddenly looked up at Khushi, completely shocked at what he had just heard. "What?" he asked unsure of whether he heard the right thing.

"My parents died in a car accident when I was ten years old." She replied quietly. Arnav felt like the biggest idiot for joking about her parents. He knew what was going on in her mind because he knew what it felt like to be orphaned. Something which people never understood unless they faced the same situation. He slowly entwined his hand with hers, assuring her silently that he was there was for her.

Khushi continued. "They had planned to go for a marriage that night. Since I had exams for the next day, they left me back at my neighbour's house. Two hours later, we got the news that some drunk driver had crashed his car into ours, killing both my parents instantly on the spot. After their death, I moved in with Buaji. And now, she is the only family that I have." Khushi concluded sadly.

"Hey, is that you in that photos?" Arnav interrupted suddenly, not wanting her to dwell on the sad memories anymore. He got up and went to the wall, where lay a large collage of photos.

"Why are you standing half naked in your shorts and wearing a cape made of towel?" he asked chuckling.

"Arnav!" she protested. "You were not supposed to see it. And I was only five years old in that and I was pretending to be a superman." Khushi laughed remembering her childhood days. Arnav felt glad hearing her laughter. Somehow he didn't like seeing her sad and gloomy.

"I have to admit, you were cute in your childhood. But look at what have you turned out to be?" he joked pulling her leg. Khushi went and pretended to strangle his neck, but she found herself suddenly pulled ahead, in front of him, her hands locked tightly in his, while he pulled her closer to him.

"You have a very neat room." he said sarcastically, pointing to the clothes and books lying around scattered in her room.

"You were not supposed to come here uninvited. So now you have to bear all this mess. And I can bet you, your room will be even messier than mine." She huffed at him, trying to free her hands from his grip.

"Khushi, I hope you realize that the more you struggle against my grip, the harder will my grip be." He said tilting his head sideways enjoying her struggling against him. Khushi tried harder and harder and then realized it was futile. As soon as she started relaxing, he slowly loosened his grip and let go of her hands.

"Thanks!" she replied sarcastically and went and sat back on her bed. Then as if suddenly remembering something, she got up. "Hey, there is something I want to show you." She went and slowly switched off the lights, letting darkness completely engulf the room.

"I like your sense of humour Khushi. How am I supposed to see anything in the dark?" he asked trying to adjust his eyes to the darkness.

"See the ceiling!" he heard her chuckle out from somewhere in the room. He raised his eyes above him and what he saw left his amazed. Tiny stars glowing a faintish green and yellow were scattered all over the ceiling. There were definitely alteast about a hundred of them. The glow gave the room an ethereal look.

"It's beautiful!" he exclaimed out.

"I had to take up a summer job to earn all that money to buy that stuff in sixth grade. But it turned out to be absolutely worth the effort. Whenever I'm tensed and agitated, I look at these stars and sleep. They give me peace of mind and make me relax." She said and went towards her bed, lying on it. "But most of all, I believe that my parents have turned into stars after their death. Hence, these stars make me feel that they are present always beside me, watching over me."

Arnav noticed how her voice changed when she spoke out these words. He went and sat beside her, bending forward. He cupped her cheeks with his hands, wiping away the silent tears from her eyes with his thumbs. He had clearly known that she was crying.

Khushi was startled to find his hands on her face. But she felt comforted. She somehow knew that he understood her. She concluded that she would never be able to understand this man. At one minute, he seemed so distant and indifferent, but in moments like these, he felt like he was the closest thing ever to her heart.

"What do you think you are doing?" she said trying to change the subject matter. For a minute, Arnav was completely confused at her statement.

"Just because I'm a girl and lying on the bed, doesn't mean you can do 'you know what' things to me." She giggled.

"Oh really! And what are those 'I know what' things?" Arnav asked in an innocent tone as it dawned upon him what she was referring to. He climbed on top of her, supported by his hands and knees on either sides of her body.

"I know moves huh! That will hurt you in places you never knew existed." She said trying to suppress her laughter. He immediately grasped her hands with his and pinned her legs, locking her body beneath his weight. "I'm eager to see your moves." He growled into her ears, as his lips traced her jawline.

Khushi felt heat rising over her body and face, feeling him pressed against her. Even in the dark, she could see him gazing at her with a slight playful smile on his lips. "You know it's late. Do you want to wake up in the morning in my bedroom?"

"Do you want me to?" he questioned back, releasing her hands, while she brushed away the strands of hair on his forehead.

"You look tired. Go and get some sleep. I'll see you tomorrow." She said, while he got up from top of her.

As she led him out of the house, near the gate outside, she pulled his hand, holding it between both her hands. "Arnav, remember, I'll be there for you whenever you need me."

Arnav silently nodded and went out of the gate, while she returned back to her room. As he started his bike, he realized that she was someone he couldn't stay apart from, how much ever he tried.  He knew he would have heavy price to pay for this. But he was fine with it if it meant he could spend such time with her.  He knew that he had made the right choice.

It was all worth it!

CHAPTER 19

Hey ppl! I have something to say to you all. As you know, I am a writer who doesn't expect any comments nor any likes for my writings. I basically don't ask anything from my faithful readers. But today, I'm asking you all for something.

If I'm here writing stuff for you, it is because of my mother who is responsible for my existence. But today she is fighting a losing battle of life. Her health is deteriorating rapidly and luck doesn't seem to be on her side. So I ask you to just remember her once atleast in your prayers and pray that she continues to live as long as possible. I believe that nothing is impossible and miracles do happen. And I would continue to believe it till  the very end.

I don't know when will my next update be. But it is getting difficult for me to focus on writing anything in this frame of mind. But I'll try my best to give you updates as fast as possible. plz bear with me if it gets delayed.

Thank you so much for being with me till here. U ppl mean a lot to me🤗

Edited by molten_lava - 11 years ago
--Sobi-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Reserved

I dont ask for an update Rae...hope so ur mother gets well soon.
Please go and take care of her...that is more important than this update.

Edited:

I loved the bedroom scene...the talk...the naughty Arnav...and the sensible Khushi!!
Loved the chapter.
During the whole chapter...I was like...Aww!!😍

Really hope that ur mother gets well soon.
Edited by ss374 - 11 years ago
Wrappedinblue thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
after reading your last para my eyes filled wd tears , it touched my heart.. I'll deffintly pray for her good health and long Life!! ❤️
May Allah bless her With good health nd Long Life!! Ameen!
takecare of your mother sweetheart! ❤️
Lots of Love for you n your mommy 😊

Allah hafiz..
Edited by amna_ali - 11 years ago
nihita thumbnail
Just read your post...what happened to aunty? dont worry we'll pray for her, she'll get well soon...you take care as well...as always a fantabulous update...thanks sweets xxx
anumber1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Your mom will be in my prayers. I hope she gets better soon, inshaAllah!❤️
smarty94 thumbnail
will surely pray fr ur mum😊 hope she gets well really soon😊