Arhi FF:Mirage Note pg 158 for next thread link - Page 70

Posted: 11 years ago
awesome update.
i have been following your ff since you wrote chapter six.
no words to describe how much i love yr writing.
plz update soon.
wow that was sooo good
so wat is he now gonna do
and what about lavanya
please update son
waiting eagerly👍🏼
Last two updates were nice :). 

aww he killed karthik.

Ahh  that's why Arnav choose this dark pad, as his mom was killed. 
Feel sorry for him 

The world  is small. 
Good to see that they both feel something for each other. 

u know dis arnav of ur piece of fiction is really different n refreshing...atleast he will never insult khushi for being poor n understand her situation
n m just loving it!!!
so i think arhi romance is coming up in d future updates
pls update soon...waitinggg
Loved this chapter. Especially the ArShi scenes. Looking forward to future updates :)
Hey folks! I know u are upset with moi for not updating earlier. But my schedule is too hectic and I can't seem to find any time to update. Sorry! But this will continue till mid june, until my exams are over.

CHAPTER 15

Khushi glanced at the wooden clock on the wall of the clinic. It was 6:00 pm and time for her to return home. All the appointments were done for the day and Akash had decided to return to the hospital for the night shift. As both of them stepped out of the clinic, locking the door behind them, Khushi found her eyes searching for that familiar face on the street.

She didn't know why she was expecting Arnav to be waiting for her today, on his bike. Afterall, he must have stopped by yesterday to meet Akash. Just the mere thought of it, sprang up disappointment within her.

"Shall I drop you home?" she heard Akash's voice ringing in her ears, causing her to startle from her chain of thoughts. Deep inside, she seriously hoped that he would be there, waiting for her. But she couldn't find him anywhere. Just when she was about to accept Akash's offer, she saw Arnav sitting on his bike, parked away on the far end corner of the street. She could feel his hawk eyes scanning her from a distance.

"It's fine Akash. I'll go home by the cab." She said absent-mindedly, her eyes completely focussed on her new centre of attraction, completely missing out on the disappointed reaction on Akash's face.

Khushi slowly made her way towards Arnav, while Akash sped off his car, completely oblivious to the other man's presence in Khushi's vision.

As she neared him, she could see his eyes twinkling with happiness, his lips slowly curving into a smile, followed by a satisfied smirk. He lowered his gaze at the ground, trying to suppress a huge grin that threatened to overtake his face.

Arnav didn't know what was happening to him. At 5:45 pm, he had left aside all his work, including spending time with Lavanya, to get a glimpse of  Khushi, to talk to her, to hear her sweet soothing voice that was no less than a melody to his ears. He himself didn't know why would she be willing to ride with him. But he simply hoped she would.

"So what brings you here today? Akash left for the hospital." Khushi asked raising her eyebrow, with a huge smile on her face. Deep inside, she had been so relieved to find him.

"Why? Aren't you happy seeing me? Your smile tells me a completely different story." Arnav said smirking back at her. "Actually, I had some work this way. I remembered you. So I thought of giving you a lift home. If you don't want it, I'll resume my journey."

Khushi for the first time, felt her heart skip a beat. He had remembered her. For some reason, she felt an unknown warm feeling spread across her. She didn't know how to respond to him. If she accepted it, it would only portray her desperateness to ride along with him. If she refused, she would be completely disheartened. Instead, she chose to be silent.

She quietly went and hopped on the seat behind him, making herself comfortable. For a second she contemplated on whether this was the right thing to do. But then, she found herself giving in. Khushi slowly glided her hands on his chest from behind, clutching it to get a better balance on the bike.

Arnav felt a wild fire starting to rage inside him, at the presence of her hands on his chest. He felt a strong urge to feel those soft delicate hands in his own. This was something that had never happened to him. He had been in such close proximity with many girls before. But this was completely new to him. And it felt good. He found himself slowly giving in to his instincts. But then he resisted. He had to maintain his self control.

He started the bike and rode off towards Khushi's house. The journey was sheer torture for him. As the time passed by, he felt her hands gripping his shirt more tightly and felt her soft feminine body pressing against his back. He had to summon every ounce of control to not lose focus on the road.

Khushi couldn't stop herself from tightening her grip across his chest. The humps on the road and the speed of the bike, made her uneasy about her journey. He seemed to be riding faster than yesterday. But she involuntarily found herself, finding solace and comfort in him.

Finally, their never ending journey came to a halt. Khushi got down from the bike. "Thanks for the ride. Bye!" she said and strode towards the gate, waving at him.

"Wait!" she heard him call her from behind. She immediately looked behind to see him removing his helmet and staring at her. "I'll see you tomorrow." He added. "Bye!" And he sped off from there.

Khushi found herself grinning like a fool. She didn't know why was he affecting her so much, especially when she had barely known him for couple of weeks. Yet, she felt nice in his company. Even though, she had found him weird initially, it looked like he was slowly getting comfortable with her. And she was enjoying every bit of his companionship.

o0o

Arnav stepped into the bar in his black shirt and trouser. He was accompanied as usual by Aman. A party full of liquor and bar dancers,  had been organised by Khalid Bhai, on the occasion of arrival of his younger brother Abbas from Bangkok after three years.

Arnav had no idea why he had decided to turn up for this event. He had always been sceptical of Abbas. He had never got to work directly under him before. But from what he had heard from others, he had inferred that the man was a product of untamed childhood. He didn't value money nor the people around him. All that was needed to do was hand over the money to him and he would be pleased like a God. Even though Khalid Bhai had taken charge over this business, he had willingly given an equal share of it, to his forty nine year old brother. Abbas had a wife and four kids. But infidelity topped his list of misdeeds and there were even rumours that he may have illegally spawned a couple of children outside his marriage too. Basically, he was a man of no morals.

Arnav hurried himself towards the drinks counter and ordered for Aman and himself, two vodkas. That was his favourite drink and the only drink ever to properly kick into his system.

Just when he was about to take a sip, he felt a heavy hand on his shoulder. Arnav turned around to see the owner, when his face fell absolutely flat, finding Abbas standing behind him.

"Arnav is it? I heard a lot about you. Thought of having a small chat with you. Would you please come?" Abbas spoke in a low gruff voice, gesturing towards the empty table in one corner of the dimly lit bar. Arnav had no choice but to comply with his orders. He signalled to Aman with his eyes, asking for the reason of this sudden conversation. Aman replied with a quiet 'No idea'.

"Sit." Abbas ordered, taking the seat on the other side of the table. Arnav quietly took his place, with the glass of vodka still in his hand.

"I heard that you messed up a very important mission. Khalid Bhaijaan was sounding real upset about it on the phone. What's the problem?" he questioned, intently observing Arnav's face for any reaction.

"No problem at all. Actually, the circumstances surrounding it were just beyond my control. I have thought about another plan to get that file." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"Nothing is beyond our control." Abbas hissed out in an alarming tone, that sent shivers down Arnav's spine "And if you have thought of another idea, why isn't the file in our hands? You seem distracted". After a huge pause, he resumed. "It must be a girl. Definitely. I can see that in your face."

"What?" Arnav asked surprised. "What are you talking about?"

"Just sleep with her. It relieves the tension inside you. After that, you can focus on your work. I'm advising you for your own good. Don't wander behind women. They will only destroy you. They are only meant for pleasuring you and nothing else. Don't become an emotional fool. I know what your intentions are, Arnav. If you want to be as successful as me, don't let anyone come between you and your goals. Especially not a woman." And with that Abbas stood up and left the table leaving behind a completely flabbergasted Arnav.

He couldn't accept this man's words, nor could he deny some truth behind it. His goals needed to be prioritised and no one else could interfere in it. Was Khushi interfering between it? Maybe she was. After meeting her, he always seemed to be lost in some distant world, constantly thinking about her, instead of focussing on other useful things in his life.

Abbas was an experienced player. Maybe he was right. All that he had to do was sleep with Khushi to get rid of that nagging feeling and tension inside his body.

o0o

It was 11:00 pm when they returned home after the party. Aman had received an urgent call and had told Arnav that he needed to get home quickly. But Arnav had decided to accompany him seeing a rather worried expression on his friend's face.

"What's the matter? Any problem?" Arnav asked dropping his car keys on the table. Aman had stormed into his bedroom and was rummaging through his wardrobe.

"Bhai! I need to go to my place. There's some emergency in my home. My parents need me. Hence, I'll be leaving right now. Can I take your car?" he asked pacing crazily all over his room.

"Hey, I can accompany you. Is the matter serious? " Arnav asked placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"No, Bhai! I can handle it. Nothing serious. Anyways, you will be needed here. And I'll be back within few days." Aman said and began packing a few pair of clothes into a bag. Arnav was helping him out, when he suddenly remembered something.

"Hey, can I have your phone for a minute?"

"Why?" He heard Aman shoot back with what seemed to be like slight panic in his voice.

"Wanted Amir's number." Arnav said casually. "I seemed to have misplaced his number."

"Oh!" Aman let out a sigh of relief. Somehow this topic had left him visibly flustered for some reason. "Here, take this." He said handing out his phone to him.

Arnav took the phone and went to the received calls section. He scanned through the entries to find that particular number that had called this phone a few days ago. To be more specific, he wanted Khushi's number. He had got this idea in the party itself. He remembered deleting Aman's number from Khushi's phone to remove any trace of him, the first time he met her. But he knew that her number would have still been stored in Aman's phone.

He had actually lied to Aman regarding Amir's number. This was actually the first time he had lied to his friend about anything. He had wanted whatever that was in between Khushi and him, to remain a secret. Because he himself had not been sure about his thing with Khushi.

After his conversation with Abbas, he had found a new plan to get closer to her.

Noting down the number in his cellphone, Arnav handed back the phone to Aman.

"So I guess I'll see you after few days. Call me if you need anything. Take care of yourself." Arnav said waving at Aman at the doorstep.

"Take care of yourself too, Bhai!" Aman called out from the car. It was pitch black all around them. The only source of light was from the street light. Arnav stood watching the car speed away from their house and disappear into the darkness, the red taillights of the car etched like two red evil eyes in the night.

Arnav closed the door behind him and plopped himself on the couch. He glanced at the clock. It was 11:25 pm. He contemplated on whether to call her at this hour. Deciding to take the risk, he dialled her number.

o0o

Khushi had been lying on her bed, reading a novel to induce sleep. But every two pages that she flipped, she would be reminded of Arnav and meeting him that evening. She couldn't stop herself from smiling, thinking about their bike ride. She was reminiscing every second of their meetings from the beginning, when her thoughts were interrupted by her ringing phone. She glanced at the screen. It was an unfamiliar number. She was about to dismiss it as a wrong number, but then chose not to do so.

"Hello?" Khushi spoke into the phone, but was replied with silence. After few seconds, she finally heard that familiar voice.

"Hey! It's me, Arnav." He spoke in a low husky voice.

"Oh!" Khushi couldn't stop herself from exclaiming out in surprise. She immediately stood up from the bed and rushed towards the open window, feeling the cool breeze of the night on her face. "Arnav, how did you get my number?" she squealed out in delight.

"Ha! Since it's Sunday tomorrow, I decided to take you out. Be ready at 10:00 am tomorrow. Good night!"

"What?"Khushi asked perplexed at their whole conversation.

"Earlier when I said that I'll see you tomorrow, I literally meant it. Just be ready. I'll pick you up outside your house." Arnav said and disconnected the call.

Khushi continued to stare at the phone completely dumbfounded even after the call was disconnected. Totally weird, she thought to herself rolling her eyes. But she couldn't suppress the involuntary smile from spreading across her face.

CHAPTER 16

So I'm trying to leave tiny hints on the future track here and there.😛 Then after few more chapters please don't say you weren't expecting this twist.😲😆 And always remember, there is a particular reason as to why I write certain meaningless convos between certain ppl. 😛

Edited by molten_lava - 11 years ago
loved the update!! i have a feeling Aman is hiding something...but i could be wrong 😊

can't wait to read the next part!! ⭐️
ooh excited for what's coming!
Loved the update :)
it was really interesting...
is he going to leave khushi later 
akash is falling for khushi too may be
i guess next update will be super romantic
will be waiting for it