Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pinkpearlz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
And i love you Vidhya,
and i love the update.
Oh that slap was so familish (is it even a word?)
meghnas thumbnail
awww I feel bad for Arnav πŸ˜­πŸ˜­ lovved Khushi in this chapter πŸ˜Š
EimenEnchanted thumbnail
Just caught up with this wonderful story !
It was a pleasure to read your works .. So amazing !
321abc thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey!
Awesome update, I liked how described mallis reaction to arnav, I also like how arnav and khushi are taking care of malli like true parents. I cant wait to read about malli and peters reunion, please update soon
Thanks for the pm
SankaDevi20 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh wow! You had me worried there for a minute! I though malli was just gonna let the water wash her away! But I'm glad she's back! She got so angry at Arnav though, but I'm glad he told her, everybody deserves a second chance, arnav got one and so should Peter. No one knows how it's gonna end ( except for you :p) but he might just make it as beautiful as Arnav did! Sad to hear H2H is ending! I love the title you gave to this update! Riding the highway to hell, it was so apt! Arnav and khushi have already done it, Mallis turn! Great update!!
TeleFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
i finally caught up with this FF right down to this chapter.. it took me a long while.

i just wanted to say that i really admire your style Vidhya.. i started following your work when you did the becharam poems with Munchy and i loved your poetry and wit and then i became a regular with the M&M show and i love it.. then i came across some of your OS's and got hooked and then finally made my way to this piece of writing.

i love the gradual maturity of the characters and the plots that you have brought in... lots of adult concepts dealt very beautifully and a very entertaining read

Just want to say love your wit humour and your writing style and you are very very  talented :) but most of all i love how forthright you are.. you say it like it is.. love that

arta thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
found it and read all in one go it took me 2 night's with to less sleep but it was worth it.
 i was hooked to chapter 1 till the 46 .
that was a rollecaster of story , loved every charachter , every one of them was wonderful .
i loved the FAN's , loved khushi and arnav . and nani and sheila , nita, malli , loved everyone ... it was like watching a wonderful long film for me. it's heart wrenching to know what khushi have passed the first years of those 7 , all she has lost , all she had gone through was so painfully to read and to proceed , but such is life it's not rose . but all that   have make her a wonderful strong  great  women ...
loved the transition of arnav he has grow to be good person .
what a transition their lifes had have .
and him undertsanding what he have done in past reliving it with malli & peter story was a good move from you .. you have done a wonderful job with their story too hat's off to you for this .
this ff goes around the uglyes things that life hold, and how the persons deal with them  , but you hove put humour in it that lighten the mood and distract from the ugly things a bit . It's like giving a bitter bitter pill and a pinch of sugar added in it  .
 a wonderful piece of writing
kashforlifex thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Dude! hahah I've been waiting for your update for like ever and I never realised you wrote a new part... I kept thinking you haven't updated until i wanted to re-read something and then i'm like AAAHHH new part!! :) hahahah anyways I loved it! Arnav and Malli have such an amazing bond, if i was Khushi I'd be jealous! :P but yeah, loved it so much! :) and omg you're ending it?! :( but I've loved EACH and EVERY update!! You're such an amazing writer!! Keep it up!! :) 
DrishS thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i love Arnav and Malli so much! They're so adorable!! Lovely update. And no, i don't want this FF to end. You have to start a new one. 
madmaxine thumbnail

Chapter 47: Endings make good beginnings

3 years later

"Sheila will you stop jumping up and down like a kangaroo," said Khushi sternly.

"Sorry Mom. It's just, I'm excited!" said Sheila, who was full of beans today. Different from her usual quiet, thoughtful self.

"Arnav, have Aadit and Anjali left yet?" asked Khushi looking hassled.

"Yes, they'll be here in half an hour with Ved. Aadit just called," said Arnav.

The bell rang. "She's here!" yelled Sheila, running to the door and throwing it open. At the door stood Malena Raizada. She'd changed her last name 3 years ago, making her feel like she belonged to them. The same Malli. Tall, skinny, long dark hair, pale skin. But her eyes danced with happiness. She pulled Sheila into a long, tight hug.

"How's my girl?" asked Malli.

"Good. I missed you. We all missed you. Especially Dad!" said Sheila.

"I missed you guys too!" said Malli, walking into the landing of the place she called home. Arnav swept her into a hug and carried her off her feet. He only put her down when she protested.

"I wish you'd let me come pick you up!" said Arnav, pulling away to look at her.

"It's a short train ride Arnav. Not a big deal!" said Malli, hugging Khushi.

"You've lost weight young lady," said Khushi, looking at Malli critically.

"No. I haven't. You're just going all Mommy on me," said Malli fondly.

"Come in. Sit down. Tell us all about school," said Arnav, pulling Malli into the living room.

"I call you guys every day and tell you about school. If I don't call, you call. There is nothing to tell, Arnav!" said Malli exasperatedly.

"How was the exam yesterday?" asked Khushi, more to the point.

"OK," Malli made a face. "I think I missed one or two questions. Anyway, its over. I'm here for the break now. I don't want to think about work. What's the plan family?" she asked, smilingly.

"Well, Anjali and Aadit should be here soon. We knew you'd want to catch up with Ved. Freddy and Nigel are coming too. Should be fun!" said Arnav.

"Did you bring me something Malli?" asked Sheila.

"Jiji!" said Khushi. "Di!" said Arnav, at the same time.

"Sorry. Did you bring me something Malli Jiji Di?" asked Sheila impishly.

"Yes. I did. It's in my bag. Give it to you at night when I unpack."

"Any news from Peter?" asked Khushi.

"I had a note from him last week. He's fine. Looking forward to getting out. Only 4 months to go now," said Malli quietly. Peter was serving a reduced prison sentence for murdering Harman Bindra.

"And are you seeing anyone?" Khushi wiggled her eyebrows at Malli suggestively.

"No, she isn't. She's way too young for all that."

"Err. Actually, I'm 21. And errm, yes. I am seeing someone. But it's not serious yet." Said Malli.

"What! Who? Does he go to school with you? Bring him home to meet me. I want to see him. And Malli, no late nights, OK!" said Arnav feverishly.

"I am not going to bring him home to meet you. He'll never want to go out with me again after you put the fear of God into him!" said Malli exasperatedly.

The bell rang. "I bet its Di!" said Arnav, getting up.

Aadit, Anjali and their 2 year old monster Ved stood there. Like all kids, Ved loved Malli too. He ran straight to her. She kissed his cheeks and pulled them lightly till he protested.

They were just getting settled on the dining table when the bell rang again. Malli answered it. Freddy and Nigel stood there, one holding a bouquet of orchids for Malli, and the other a posy of violets for Khushi.

"When are you going to walk for me Mal?" asked Freddy, after he released Malli from a bone-crushing hug.

"Never. I think. Too busy with school Fred!" said Malli, walking past him into the living room. Freddy pulled a face. He'd been trying unsuccessfully to get her to walk for him for three years.

They sat at the table. Khushi brought the food out. She'd cooked up a storm. Sheila took Ved to play upstairs while the adults ate. Arnav glanced around the table. His wife, sat at the head, a few years older than when he'd first fallen in love with her. There were a few gray hairs in her long mane now. But the sparkle in her eye was undimished. She saw him staring and cocked an eyebrow, as if to ask, "What?", he shook his head lightly, in a No. Next to Khushi sat Anjali. His Di sat there with Aadit. Happier than ever. Ved had truly fulfilled her dreams. She had a husband who doted on her. And a son to dote on. Malli sat next to them. 21 years old. Her whole life ahead of her. No shadows in her eyes anymore. She was zesty and funny and full of life. Freddy and Nigel sat on the other side, facing Malli. They were together. And they knew it was forever. They didn't need any papers to formalize their relationship. They were secure in their happiness with each other. Sheila came down at that minute, saying Ved had fallen asleep. She slipped into her seat next to Malli. She beamed at her sister, whom she adored and looked up to. Sheila wanted to be like Malli when she grew up. Arnav smiled a little at the thought of Sheila growing up. He didn't want to imagine it. The boys. The dating. The thought was daunting. His eyes fell on the empty chair next to Sheila. 

"Where's Nita?" asked Arnav. 

"She coming Daddy. She has a surprise you guys and she was busy working on it," said Sheila smiling widely. 

"What surprise?" asked Khushi, wondering how her baby had managed to keep something secret from her. 

"This one Mommy!" said little Nita, waddling in on her fat little legs. She held a huge card in her hands. It was taller than her and wider than her and just as bright and sunny as her. 

"What's this?" asked Arnav, reaching for his baby. 

"No, wait Daddy. First you and Mommy need to make the announcement," said Sheila, pulling Nita and and the card away from him.  

"Arnav and I have something exciting to share with you all!" said Khushi beaming.

"What is it?" asked Malli excitedly.

"We've found a surrogate mother and she's 3 months pregnant with our child!" said Khushi, her happiness making her spill the words out hastily. An uproar occurred at the table. Arnav and Khushi were enveloped in hugs. Anjali cried. So did Nigel. Freddy picked his Minnie up and swirled her around the room. Malli high-fived Arnav. Sheila and Nita who'd already been told were trying to be mature and pretend they weren't super excited. But they gave up when Aadit picked up Sheila and Nigel tossed Nita up in air. 

And in the middle of this melee, Khushi found her way to Arnav's side. Where she belonged. He slid an arm around her waist.

"In 6 months we'll have baby Raizada!" he whispered into her ear.

"I am so happy I let you talk me into this Arnav," said Khushi.

"Is it to be a boy or girl?" asked Freddy.

"We're electing to not find out. We want to be surprised," said Arnav.

"I bet it's a boy," said Anjali. "Junior Chotey, that'd be funny," she quipped.

"We really don't mind, we just want a healthy baby," said Khushi who was secretly hoping for a girl.

"Same here. I just want a healthy baby," said Arnav who'd been praying for a boy.

"I hope its twins. One girl and one boy!" said Malli, happily.

6 montha later it was proven that the only Raizada with any predictive skills whatsoever was Malena Raizada.

THE END

Thank you to all the wonderful readers who've stuck with me through my erratic updating schedule. I have loved writing H2H. I have grown as a writer with it (I think!). When I find the time and I have an idea worth putting down, I'll be sure to write another FF. Until then, Vidhya says, Hello Hi, bye bye. 

Much love

Vidhya

Edited by madmaxine - 10 years ago