Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pratamesh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
No one is talking abt what gandhi did in his personal life its all about the title he is being conferred
Who in your opinion should the title of mahatma been conferred on? Any particular individuals in mind?
Pratamesh thumbnail

Originally posted by: zorrro

Who in your opinion should the title of mahatma been conferred on? Any particular individuals in mind?

ah possibly no one in mind when v talk about indian independence n mahatma being related very commonly with one using non violent means to get the objective and that to of this large scale
bt in present scenario Dr.A.P.J abdul kalam would be 1 such great gentleman who cannot be compared with any1

Originally posted by: Pratamesh

ah possibly no one in mind when v talk about indian independence n mahatma being related very commonly with one using non violent means to get the objective and that to of this large scale
bt in present scenario Dr.A.P.J abdul kalam would be 1 such great gentleman who cannot be compared with any1

Abdul Kalam is a great man 😊 but we call him the " missile man " and not "mahatma" 😆
Krani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Actually, could you post the primary source of the article?
Because honestly speaking there is a lot of garbage that is posted on the internet, and according to me, the mods should look whether the article is truly legit published by a known person, in a legit journal or website or something. Tomorrow I could write an online article about how great Hitler was and how he did not kill any Jews. That would not make it true. 

For the opinion to be backed up, the article needs to have cited where it got its information from. That is what will make it legit, in my opinion. 

Edited by Krani - 12 years ago
Pratamesh thumbnail

Originally posted by: zorrro

Abdul Kalam is a great man [:)]but we call him the "missile man " and not "mahatma" [LOL]

ya thats true bt m talking about qualities here
ohk another name would be anna hazare the way he created awareness among people quiet a non-violent method any no 1 would doubt this mens character

Originally posted by: Pratamesh

ya thats true bt m talking about qualities here
ohk another name would be anna hazare the way he created awareness among people quiet a non-violent method any no 1 would doubt this mens character

Anna Hazare has done a wonderful work of increasing awareness and motivating people to fight corruption in a non violent manner. He is a self proclaimed Gandhian and started his fast after paying homage to Gandhiji at the Rajghat (Ganhi ji's samadhi) But even anna Hazare has his share of critics. 😛 Ask the politicians (all party), they loathe him for his insistence on Lokpal bill as they stand to lose their current all powerful status along with the black money they hoarded ðŸ˜†
Some people also call him adamant, blackmailer, false Gandhian and what not  
 I doubt there will ever be a consensus about such things. But I agree that Hazare is a good contender for that title in the present era 😛
packageshipping thumbnail
Mahatma Ghandi is political and spiritual leader during India's struggle with Great Britain for home rule; an advocate of passive resistance (1869-1948)