Arhi FF:Mirage Note pg 158 for next thread link - Page 57

Posted: 11 years ago

nice update..

Loved Khushi and Arnav's hottt encounter.  :)  & liked the way Khushi's friendship with Lavanya brought to Arnav's notice.

good going.  awaiting the next update.

Wow that was hot and beautiful at the same time!
Loved the intense scene between arhi!
Oh god arnav came to know about khushi And lavanya's friendship! 
Awesome update! :) Continue soon! 
CHAPTER 12

"I was chased by a car today!" Arnav said handing over the package to Aman. He dropped down on the couch, completely exhausted after the day's events. After the encounter with Khushi, he had strode away from that place deserting her. After roaming about aimlessly on the other side of the resort for an hour, he had returned to find the parking lot empty. He had retrieved the package from the car and walked back to his room.

"What!" Aman exclaimed taking the package in his hand, exploring the edges with his fingers.

"Yeah! Looks like someone is hell bent on getting me killed. They even dared to follow me till Shimla. I remember their faces. Once we return back to Delhi, I want to find out about them in our database. Thankfully, I escaped unhurt. " Arnav said letting out a sigh of relief. "I wonder why am I targeted?" he asked looking up at Aman's face.

But Aman seemed to be lost in distant thoughts of his own. After a huge pause, he spoke out. "Yeah Bhai! We have to definitely find out about him."

"And oh! I wanted to ask you something." Arnav asked casually. "What did you say was the name of Lavanya Kashyap's best friend? The one she arrived here along with?"

"That girl? I think her name was Khushi. Khushi Gupta." He heard Aman reply. "Why Bhai?"

"Nothing. Just asked." Arnav said focussing his eyes on the dark night outside their balcony. "We need to leave tomorrow morning by six."

o0o

Khushi woke up from her sleep, feeling the warmth of the sunlight entering their room. It had been a tiring night. His face had haunted her dreams. She couldn't stop thinking about their encounter. The way he had made her feel. His hard proximity against her soft self. And then, him leaving her all of a sudden.

After he had walked away, she had returned back to her room in silence. She had wanted to pursue him to find answers to the questions that flooded her mind. But she knew it was vain. There was no point chasing him.

For some reason, she didn't feel like sharing this incident with Lavanya. She herself had been confused as to what had happened with her. So she had only narrated the details of her outing, purposefully skipping out Arnav in her conversation.

Anyways, it didn't matter anything now. They were scheduled to return back to Delhi today after the breakfast.

The breakfast was a quiet affair. She involuntarily found herself scanning her surroundings for that familiar face, just to get a glimpse of it before she left. But he wasn't present anywhere.

"Ooh! A message from Rishab!" she heard Lavanya exclaim from other side of the table. "Hey Lavanya, got some urgent work. Had to leave immediately. See you at Delhi. Bye!" Lavanya read out aloud from her mobile expressing her displeasure at how she couldn't meet him before he left. But Khushi wasn't interested in what her friend had to say. Someone else had completely taken over her mind.

o0o

Three days had passed since Khushi had returned back from Shimla. Somehow, she felt herself grow quieter than ever before. Everytime she tried to put him out of her mind, it was completely useless even trying it. She tried to convince herself that he was gone and that he wouldn't return back. Whatever had happened was at the heat of the moment when two people had lost control over their raging hormones and nothing else. There had been no feelings involved.

Now, sitting on top of her bed, she bent sideways to retrieve the bullet covered with the handkerchief inside her drawer. She let her fingers explore over the tattered edges of the metal. It felt cold and brutal to her skin. Clasping it in her palms, she closed her eyes to see those same chocolate brown eyes staring at her with raging desire.

"Khushi!" she heard her Buaji scream out her name from the living room. Just by the sound of her voice, Khushi knew that something was wrong. She immediately stood up and rushed towards the living room. Buaji was lying on the couch, clutching her chest and panting for breath.

"Buaji!" Khushi screamed out in horror, not knowing what was unfolding in front of her eyes. She ran to her aid, helping her to sit straight.

"Get the inhaler from my bedroom!" Buaji managed to gasp out between her panting. Khushi ran fast towards her bedroom, and returned back with the inhaler in her hand. She helped her to inhale the medication. Buaji had been suffering from Asthma right from her childhood. But she had always taken care to not expose herself to anything that triggered her condition. Everything had been fine for the past few months now. Khushi was really surprised at the sudden attack.

She held Buaji hands and noticed that they were ice cold. "Buaji, your hands are cold. I think we should call the doctor." She shrieked out with panic.

"No, it's alright." Buaji replied calming down a bit.

"No, Buaji. It's not alright." Khushi protested, her eyes now brimming with tears. As much as she was irked by this lady, Buaji was her only family. She couldn't imagine if something happened to her.

Mrs. Madumati Mishra, the only sister of Khushi's father, Alok Gupta, had been widowed after her husband had passed away during his service in the Indian Military. Unfortunately, she had no kids of her own. Severe hardships in her early years had made her appear indifferent and detached to people. But only few who were very close to her knew that she was just the complete opposite of what she appeared.

When Khushi's parents had passed away, she had taken her to her home, even though she barely managed to survive through her late husband's army pension and compensation money. She had provided this little girl with food, shelter and education, loving her like her own offspring. And deep inside, Khushi knew all of this. Hence she had put up with all the tantrums of her aunt all through these years.

"Let's go to the hospital."Khushi said helping her to stand up.

After twenty minutes, both of them reached the emergency room of the City hospital.

"My Buaji suffered from a severe asthma attack a few minutes earlier. Something seems to be wrong with her. I wanted to check up with the doctor." Khushi spoke to the receptionist at the hospital.

"Ma'am, can you please take her to the room over there. I'll send the available ER doctor on call today." The receptionist replied picking up the phone to call the doctor.

Khushi led her Buaji to the room and laid her on the bed. A nurse arrived and checked the patient's blood pressure and pulse, asking few general questions about her overall health. Within few minutes, a young doctor, who appeared in his mid twenties arrived with another nurse behind him. He had his geeky glasses on, his hair ruffled up in spikes. At six foot two inches, his lean body made him appear taller than he actually was.

Khushi suddenly stood up at the entry of the doctor. He appeared too young to be a doctor, she noted to herself. He took the folder from the nurse's hand and after going through it, spoke out.

"Yes, Mrs. Mishra! Tell me what happened?" he asked in a crystal clear voice that commanded everyone's attention around him.

"Doctor..?" Khushi spoke out on behalf of her aunt, wanting to know his name.

"Dr. Akash Singh Raizada." He said with a smile on his face, looking at Khushi's face.

o0o

A young boy who was no more than eight years old was walking along the shore of the beach. His one hand was held by a woman, who appeared to be around thirty, while his other hand was holding a piece of paper. The little boy was trying to read what was written on it. But the strong gales were making this quite an impossible task for him.

"Mumbai to Delhi. 15:OO hrs. Tuesday." He read out carefully from what seemed to be a train ticket. "Mumma!" he said looking up at the woman clad in orange salwar kameez, her hair scattered open in all directions due to the wind. Her eyes were focussed on some unknown distant object. She didn't seem to hear him the first time her called her name.

"Mumma!" he called once again, this time tugging her arms. She looked down at him lovingly. "Why are we going to Delhi? I love it over here. I have so many friends in my class. They will be sad if I leave them and go." He said pouting his lips in a frown.

"Arnav!" she said bending down to his height and hugging him tightly. "You will make new friends there. Tell me something. Weren't you always asking me where your father is? Well, we are going to meet him soon. He is in Delhi." She said kissing his forehead.

"But can't he come to us? He didn't meet me all these years. And I don't even recognise him. I love Mumbai. I don't want to go. Can't I have both?" he asked looking into her face innocently.

"Sometimes, we need to lose something to gain something. Remember that!" she whispered into his ears.

That was the last time Arnav had walked on that beach, never to return back again. Those words of his mother kept repeating in his ears as he sat quietly in the living room in his house. There wasn't a day gone when he wished that he should have refused to leave that day. Maybe then, his mother would have been alive beside him.

He had wanted both that day. But he got none. Today, he was facing a similar situation in front of him. Khushi or Lavanya. He wanted both. He had made a wrong choice that day. His heart had won. But now, he couldn't make the same mistake again. He wouldn't let his heart rule.

He picked up his cellphone and dialled a number. "Hello Lavanya! It's me RIshab. Would you like to go out for a movie with me?"

There was no room for love and feelings in his life now.

CHAPTER 13

When I face writer's block, you are gonna get shorter updates from me. So please bear with me and hope it goes away soon!😃

And about the future track, I think some of you have deciphered it.😉 But not fully. There's more to it than meets the eye.😈

Edited by molten_lava - 11 years ago
OMG... Akash Singh Raizada... 😲.. a doc...who wil b seeing buaji..!!

So Arnav wants Khushi too...but is not letting his heart rule over...

While Khushi keeps on thinking about him...n her thoughts r clouded with him...which she blatantly tries to ignore but does not succeed...

Loving the way the story is brewing up...!!

Cont soon..!!
Hey.. Congrats on becoming Goldie! :)
Damn! He chose to pursue Lavanya :( But we all know he doesnt really want her.. Right? Now.. Akash n Khushi? I'm not going to predict anymore! Will just wait and watch where you are going with this!! Update super soon!! :D

P.S. Thanks for the PM! :)
Edited by Psychedelic - 11 years ago
Are u sure eventually they end up together... I seems to be very mature story... U know wid aakash in scene i think aakash will fall 4or khushi... I had a feeling... Hopefully not...lol...
Very well written part...
Splendid babes...darn it!!!!I have just loved the flow of their emotions and you have beautifully managed to capture their emotions...poor Khushi, bless her and for some reason I can understand Arnav's POV as well...xxx
So Arnav going for La and maybe Khushi and Akash :(

Oh my !!! Anyways ur a better person with the plot than me :)

So let me sit back and njoy ur works :)Edited by priyah_reddy - 11 years ago
so arnav is gonna go for lavanya
great update