Mishubaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
hope its not posted bfore
"My impulsiveness is restricted to what I buy"

Money. That's what drives everyone in the final analysis, whether in the glamour world of acting or the hard grind of scripting and producing. Cashin' In sits down with TV celebs to know well they handle their financial matters, and tracks their spending patterns.

In Bombay Talking she essayed the role of a determined woman who makes her own decisions, but in real life it is her father who charts out her financial graph. For Priyanka Bassi is quite carefree when it comes to her finances. She is an absolute shopaholic who doesn't think twice before spending. Similar to that of her reel image in Bombay Talking this pretty lass likes to lead a luxurious life in real life too. In a free wheeling conversation with Sameera Kapoor , this lovely girl talks about her spending habit and the importance of financial insurance.

"I am still to earn the kind of income which my. colleagues enjoy".

How planned is your life financially?
I have entrusted that job to my father, this ensures that whatever I earn is in safe hands and will be looked after with utmost care.

What kind of investments have you done till date?
As I am quite new to the industry, I am still to earn the kind of income which my senior colleagues enjoy. In addition to this the little that I earn gets spent on my day to day needs, so hardly anything is left to be invested.

So, don't you think that it is essential and wise to save something for future?
Certainly, but for that I should have enough capital in reserve. An income which will look after my daily needs and a bit of which could be reserved as well.

Where does most of your income go?
I am a huge shopaholic. I go once in week to shop for clothes, shoes, jewellery especially ear rings and antic pieces. As I am not brand conscious, I have a lot of variety to choose from. So I end up spending a lot.

"I am not into diamonds..."

Approximately how much do you spend on yourself, by the end of the month?
I spend anything between Rs 30,000 to Rs 40,000 per month.
What's your take on insurance policies?
Its absolutely essential and everyone should get themselves insured financially. You never know when it might come in handy.

What vehicle do you own?
I own a Santro Xing.

Anything else which you are very particular about when it comes to your finances?
Although I am quite impulsive while shopping, but I make it a point to plan as to what should I shop for.So my impulsiveness is restricted to the stuff that i buy.

How much money do you carry everyday?
I am quite weary about carrying large amount of cash on shoot for the fear of being robbed thus I leave them with my driver for safekeeping. Otherwise I carry in my wallet about Rs.500.

What was the costliest thing that bought with your first pay cheque?
Well, I guess that should be a dress which cost me Rs.6500/-.

What about investing in diamonds?
No, I am not into diamonds. Its good to receive them as a gift but seeing it as an investment is not a good idea. Diamonds are high on maintainence.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sara_DONT_ASK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago
Thanx ....but it has eben posted b4 😃

--DON--
*sowmya* thumbnail