Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
IPL should be scared of Jannat 2: Emraan Hashmi
PTI
Mumbai, April 04, 2012
First Published: 16:53 IST(4/4/2012)
Last Updated: 16:59 IST(4/4/2012)

Jannat 2
Actor Emraan Hashmi, who is back with the sequel of Jannat releasing during the Indian Premier League (IPL) season, says they are not scared to release the film during the cricket tournament.

Directed by Kunal Deshmukh, the film is a sequel to the 2008-hit film Jannat. The second instalment is up for release May 4. Even Jannat was released during the IPL season in 2008.

Jannat 2"Last time, even Jannat was released during IPL and there was so much buzz about the tournament at that time. There was a match of Kolkata Knight Riders and we had gone to Kolkata to promote our film," Emraan told reporters at the music launch of Jannat 2 last evening.

"That time, all the theatres were almost full... we had almost got 100% opening for Jannat. We are hoping it continues for Jannat 2 as well. We are not scared of IPL... but IPL should be scared of us," he said.

Echoing similar sentiments, producer Mukesh Bhatt said, "When IPL came for the first time, we were not afraid to release our film, then why should we be afraid this time? We are sure that our film will captivate audience. Like Emraan said, IPL must be scared of us and not we. We will storm the theatres whatever be the match Jannat 2 will be a match-wining team."

Jannat was based on betting in cricket, the sequel is about the illegal trading in arms and ammunition.

Emraan plays the role of an arms dealer called Sonu Dili KKC.

"This is the most entertaining character I have played till date. In 2008, I played Arjun Dixit in Jannat and that was by far my favourite character. The character is funnier, more entertaining and has got grey shades, but he is extremely endearing," Emraan said.

Model Esha Gupta makes her debut in Bollywood with this film opposite Emraan.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Bollywood/IPL-should-be-scared-of-Jannat-2-Emraan-Hashmi/Article1-835396.aspx

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Over confidence leads to big fall.Don't be so sure Emraan.
though i think what emraan is saying can cost him a lot...becoz IPL is way way popular...though i think IPL is pretty stupid and waste of time..
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Heroine is not matching emmy... still film will work... 2 of my fav. actors here... emmy n randip... 
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I don't think he's over-confident. I think he was trying to joke about the question. Maybe his words weren't exactly the perfect choice--but let's hope this film isn't disappointing b/c the trailer wasn't anything special. Def not feeling his chemistry with Esha, but hopefully I can be wrong.

Either way, fingers crossed for Emmy b/c he is so highly underrated and loved his portrayal of the character in the trailer!!!!
Srishika_A thumbnail
i think ipl shud nt be underestimated as it is much more popular den wat it was bck den.. also emraan shudnt make such comments as u nvr knw wat d final result will be.. both ipl & jannat 2 r equally popular so i guess vll just hv 2 wait & watch wat happns...nt much of an ipl fan myself i wud definetly go 4 jannat 2...
p.s i wish dey wud hv chosen sm better heroine or nwcomer!
gujunpyo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
IPL is quickly loosing its sheen anyways..:)..Its just a crappy fest where the only looser is cricket.Anyways,hope this movie works :)
-SMay31- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
he's quite rite...All the best to Jannat 2 team :))
Emraan Hashmi and Bhatt movies all look the same. Was Jannat 1 about a serial killer picking call girls and brutally murdering them? Or was it Haunted? 
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: TheDilettante

Emraan Hashmi and Bhatt movies all look the same. Was Jannat 1 about a serial killer picking call girls and brutally murdering them? Or was it Haunted? 

That was Murder 2!