Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

alice54 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Great Start!!!!!!!!!

just loved it...their pain was visible in your words...made us feel...

waiting to read more...

continue soon...
merrydock thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6

Authors note:  readers please note that this is a story  of love, reincarnation and  the supernatural, the haunting.  Arnav and  Khushi are  the main Protagonist as it is their love story and are the only ones connected to the past life. Shayam is not the main Antagonist,  but is a pawn to a more intricate and powerful entity, his obsession with Khushi is entirely due to her charms and he has no connection to the past life. I have kept his name similar to Arnavya brother Shayamraj in order to avoid  confusion in the plot later.

and please be kind and patient with me, this is a complicated plot, and i may not be able to post updates as soon as the next 3 or 4 chapters.

dont forget to place your comments and hit the 'LIke' button,  anybody wanting pm please  send me a buddy post. do enjoy.

Chapter 1

Modern India, Delhi 2012.

Arnav Singh Raizada woke up with a start, shaken by his nightmare. It was always the same nightmare. Strange shadows; and places, people without faces, but always a girl whose face he could not see, a girl with hazel eyes. The most beautiful eyes he had ever seen. He shook his head, "it was a dream, you idiot, how can you say you have seen those eyes when they aren't even real." He looked at his bedside watch it was only 4.30 am. It was too early to wake up.  But he would be unable to sleep now. These nightmares always left him restless and sleep deprived.

He had been suffering these nightmares all his life, he was now 26 years old. The CEO of the company his father Viren Singh Raizada had started 25 years ago, and he still had nightmares like a child , he hated this weakness. But try as he might he could not get rid of them. He tossed and turned for a few minutes then got out of bed. Deciding to take an early jog. He changed into his sweats and left the house.

He jogged while listening to his favourite rock music, his head covered by the hoody of his sweat shirt. He had a lot of things to do.  He and his brother Akaash were leaving tomorrow for Kundanpur where his father had purchased a large property in that area that had been ownerless for the past 60 years or so.  Arnav had felt a strange sense of fore brooding when his father had mentioned the name. He was sure he had never been there before but a strange sense of Dj vu had come over him. He hated these sensations.

He never thought of himself as a superstitious man and had always relied on logical explanations for anything that happened around him. But of some reason he seemed cursed to suffer strange visions which, however much he tried to escape them never left him, and he hated this weakness. Nothing seemed to work, his mothers and grandmothers pujas, some traditional mambo jumbo that his Grandmother insisted on when he was 11, then two years of therapy that did nothing but almost got him hooked of sleeping pills at the age of 13. His father had put his foot down and cut of all the bull shit.

His father packed Akaash and him off to the States, to their maternal Uncle. Arnav pushed himself academically and athletically to excel. He involved himself in every activity that kept his mind occupied, he worked in his Uncles company after school, rarely drank and or partied, he had had a string of girlfriends and he enjoyed female company as much as the next man, but never let it get serious, he didn't want anybody to know about his strange affliction.

The dreams got less as he kept busy, but didn't go away entirely, so he had learnt to live with it, but for some reason over the past few weeks they seemed to be getting worse, and this worried him.  And ever since his father purchased the Kundanpur property Arnav had been feeling that something was going to happen something drastic that would change his life.

Shaking of these unwanted thoughts, he continued jogging, thinking of the meeting he had to attend with the company heads, of 'Architects and interior limited', the company that Raizada groups had hired to do the overhaul on the old Havali in Kundanpur.  The team to would be arriving there a weak later to start the work.  Akaash and he had to make arrangements for the team to stay at the Havali before they arrive.  His father wanted the Havali to remain intact. But he wanted the interiors to be redesigned with modern amenities.  That was going to take a lot of work he sighed.

After his 2 hour workout. He took a break, took off his hoody and  splashed his head and face with water. A couple of female joggers stopped to admire him. He smiled and waved casually, making them blush and giggle. He knew he was a good-looking man and had always attracted female attention, weather they were attracted to the status and power he possessed or just his personality he didn't know. But he knew how close to let them come and how far to let them be.  A frown marred his smooth forehead as a pair of laughing hazel eyes flashed before him, he sighed and cursed and ran his fingers through his wet hair as the women admired him, giving him welcoming smiles and looks. He shrugged, turned and he jogged back home.

In another part of Delhi Khushi Kumari Gupta woke with a start. God I'm going to be late again, it was 8 months into her internship as an interior designer at 'Architects and interiors limited'.  She scrambled out of bed and got ready in a hurry. Looking at her reflection in the mirror she gave herself the once over wondering what was it about her looks that always got her unwanted male attention. Her cream and peaches complexion gave her an innocent glow, large almond shape hazel eyes always with a mischief's smile in them to match the one on her rosebud mouth. Completely unaware to the appeal she had to the male of the species and the envy she generated among the female sex.  Khushi was totally oblivious of her charms. People told her she was beautiful, but she thought she was only pretty her eyes being her best features.

She sighed, ever since she was a child of eight, people marvelled over her beauty, her mother wanted to get her into beauty contests and fashion shows, all she wanted to do was read fairytales and roam old buildings, pretending to be a princess.  She chucked think that as she got older, things hadn't changed much, her mother wanted her to be 'Miss India'. But she enrolled into Architecture collage, learnt to renovate and redesigned old buildings, dreamt of meeting prince charming, marrying him and having half a dozen children.  She frowned,  but all that popped up in front of her were toads, thinking of one particular person with disgust. "Great, all I need is to wish myself a bad day." She grumbled.      

She braided the red ribbon in a thin lock of hair leaving her silky hair to fall lose, covering the bare back left by her red halter top over a mirror work Rajasthan style gagra skirt of royal blue with yellow and orange embroidery. Satisfied with her appearance she picked up her bag and her chart role kit, along with her bike keys and helmet she left her apartment.

As she put on her helmet and got ready to start her scooty bike she stiffened when she heard a familiar but unwanted voice call her name, 'the toad' she had been thinking of a few minutes back "Hai Bholenath, not him again."

"Khushi ji"

She turned to see her stalker and also her co-worker, Shayam Jha.  In all things he seemed pretty harmless but to Khushi he gave her the creeps.  Ever since she joined the company he seemed to follower her everywhere.

"Khushi ji, Good morning I was in the neighbourhood and can give you a lift to work" he said giving his usual excuse for his presence in front of her apartment building. He showed up every morning ever since he had found out where she lived on some pretext or another offering her a lift or some kind of help. She didn't like his attention forced on her, but due to him being her senior in the company she worked, she always politely but firmly refused.  But he just didn't seem to get the message.

"It's ok Mr. Jha. I have my own vehicle and as you know I love to ride."

"But Khushi ji it will be a lot more convenient to travel together as we work in the same office." He said silkily "and Khushi ji you must call me Shayam. I have told you many times that I don't mind it."

"I sure Mr Jha." She said pointedly, "but I am more comfortable, with you being my senior and all, I must give you respect." She said with a smile that didn't reach her eyes. "I have to go now. See you in the office." She called as she started her bike and rode of.

Shayam looked after her in frustration, why did she treat him with such disregard and disinterest. Ever since he had laid eyes on her he had fallen in love with her but all he got from her was polite disregard. He had tried everything to earn her affection but she seemed immune to his charms. Half the girls in their office admired him and he knew would like to date him, but he wanted Khushi and she was the only one who would not give him to time of day. He sighed and got in his car.

dont for get to leave your generous commentsπŸ˜‰ 

Edited by merrydock - 12 years ago
BSRaizada thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Wow gr8 start . Already in love with this . Can u update faster :)
shadesofme thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
hey too good loved the concept...
when will kushi and arnav meet i cant wait for their meeting...
update soon and send me pm...
farheen75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Wow superb start...can't wait to read more.
nabnab thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Great concept and start...please Keep pming me for all the updates =D

can't wait till they meet
arshilover3 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Different concept!! I love it!! πŸ˜‰

Keep up the good work!!

Can't wait for them meet!! πŸ˜

Please update soon!! πŸ˜ƒ
devishree thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
marsha love u dear u r back with a bang wonderful and amazing chapter 
marvellous architect and the nightmares haunting arnav are gr8 
shyam again marsha help me with this i will get nightmares becoz of that creep 
plzz cont soon dear
Yellow. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
aweosme update ... superb... cant wait to read arnav and khushi's meeting kandapur in the haveli... im sure she is in the team of renovating the haveli 
Prachi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
this is really awesome and great..'
do continue soon and pls pm me whenever u update next