Jeevika's Dilemma- Her sister and her new family- Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

23

Views

3.4k

Users

17

Likes

70

Frequent Posters

MariQuestFilms thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Sparkler Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
#21
WOW you guys have added brilliant points to this discussion! Thanks! It shows there is more to be explored and being explored with the dilemma she is in...--will reply to everyone!
maryumtalks thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Dazzler Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
#22

Originally posted by: -Kruti.S-

great topic mari...I read the posts here and everyone pretty much said what I feel about the current track...

seeing Jeevika stuck between her sister and her sasuraal is nothing new, its ghar ghar ki kahaani to be frank...every Indian married women has to face this dilemma one day or the other...even if you dont live in a joint family like in the show...you still have to make choices and most of the time the girl ends up choosing her in-laws...coz she expects ke her blood relations will understand her dilemma and not be mad at her...I have seen my Bhabhi doing it so many times and it works...in long time if you want to lead a happy married life...it works...
OMG did I just start preaching here...sorry about that 😆

ok so back to topic...I understand both the sisters' pain...its so hard for both of them at the moment...obviously real mein itna bada drama nahi hota, they always magnify in the shows...in reality neither a girl interferes in her sister's sasuraal so much nor the girl asks her sister to leave her sasuraal in a way that jeevika did...none of them are wrong...you cant blame either...but what I am mad about is why cant they communicate 😕
I mean ok J is angry with M and M is back to rishikesh but after that they can at least talk over the phone...I really like how Viren and Virat are both handling the situation...Viren explaining to Jeevika was such a sweet scene and Virat-Jeevika scene was very subtle 😳

lets see how CVs handle this delicate track further...



brilliantly put!
ChurriBurri thumbnail
15th Anniversary Thumbnail Rocker Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
#23
I am not married yet, but I do understand Jeevika's pain and get really annoyed when other people begin bashing her. Even now people expect her to be able to just get up and leave to see her sister. In the society once a girl is married, she is responsible for that family. Let's imagine she goes against her sasural and goes to see Manvi, will it be possible for her to be accepted back into that sasural, not really? Her sasural (swaniji and dadaji) hates her sister, so if she does leave to see Manvi, then her life would become a living hell in the Vadhera's. It might seem like she only cares about herself. If Jeevika's life turns to hell, then Manvi will never be able to forgive herself. She is going to feel as if her di's situation is her fault. So, Jeevika wants to be there for Mannu, but also she is unable to do so without her elders permission. It is alot for Jeevika to take. She has no idea what is that she needs to do.
hot babe thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Explorer Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
#24
I'm a slient member on this forum, I love this show and although I don't have a sister, I am the eldest child ( i have 3 brothers) I can understand Jeevika's POV, she is newly married, it's expected of her from her in laws, society and culture that the sasural comes first but although this does happen, it does not mean she takes an oath to stop talking to her sister.
In that sense I think Jeevika is more the 'extreme' its either one or the other, I was told my mother who had the a similar problem (rift between maternal house and in laws) that a successful woman is one whom can balance the relationships in life, she doesn't forsake her old relations for the new, and doesn't disregard her new relations for the old ones. Jevika still needs to grasp a way of managing both sides of her relations. At the end of the day she is suffering- I remember something I say a lot to my younger brothers, a person can bend only so much and for so long before they start feeling uncomfortable or are in pain and when they are in pain the 1st thing they do is straighten up, they don't care what's around them or who they may hurt, they want to remove that pain (i hope I'm making sense).
Likewise I think Jeevika by bending to the wishes of Swamini and the grandfather will one day snap when they demand too much or can't handle the seperation hence she needs to show a backbone- she needs to be more assertive not submissive.
As for Manvi I want to give her a massive hug. I feel her pain, the poor thing is blamed for thingsby manipulative individuals who take life to be a chess game and she's the only character who has a spine I believe (apart from Virat).
That's all I think... 😊
Edited by hot babe - 14 years ago

Related Topics

Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".