Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HeadOverHeels thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: apsa

cant wait for tomorrow's episode, so that we know what all she said and if it cleared anythign about her engagement!

jab itna bol rahi hai to ye bhi bata de ki "hamare mangetar shaadi shuda they isiliye hamne unke munh pe anguthi de maari!" 

that should absolve her from the misleading dialog/rona-dhona of the precap and other times!

Absolutely!! But, I'm guessing in true IPK style, she will suddenly clam up, and leave it all hanging between them for misinterpretation.  ðŸ˜•
aa123.80 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: DTeacher

Wow, Apsa, I have just posted on another identical thread - hope it's okay to repeat my words from there, as I have only just seen your thread! ðŸ˜³

To be honest, I have thought along similar lines.

I am not entirely certain whether it is the fault of the Director, the CVs, the Actress or a combination/mixture of a number of things. (For the record, I seriously doubt whether it is Sanaya incorrectly emoting, because she has been so brilliant thus far).

You have used the description 'Jilted Lover' and I find that most apt to describe her very recent behaviour. The body language and spoken words (dialogue) are giving out the wrong signals. Her demeanour suggests too much that she is heartbroken and disappointed that her engagement has been broken off. There is an intimation that it was actually broken off by her fiance and it is annoying how it has been portrayed.

Fine if you don't want to divulge the truth behind her fiance etc, guys, but WHY not at least have Khushi displaying more believable reactions, such as a little bit of anger / annoyance. No issue with her showing some regret as to how it has come about but why look so sad and like the 'Jilted Lover?' (To borrow your phrase again). It's definitely not been handled well in my opinion.

Hopefully, the next few episodes will set us back on track and we can ignore this temporary and minor blip! 😊 

Edited to add: Whilst I acknowledge the points made by some others, I still maintain that it (the portrayal) has fallen down somewhat, due to the fact that it has been made to look as if her fiance broke off the engagement and this impression has been furthered by the way the scenes have been enacted. I'm not referring so much to today's episode - more so a culmination of events over the last few episodes.

BINGO. Totallyyy agree. When she never loved Shyam, and specially AFTER knowing that he's such a huge liar, the natural reaction in front of Anjali and all would've been anger, and saying that it's good that her engagement broke cause the guy was a fraud and stuff like that. Here, she's just reacting sadly to everyone who mentions her engagement which just sends out the wrong message. God, she was cheated, and how is her grief the same as Lavanya's? Her trust was broken. "Hume pata hai kaisa lagta hai jab rishta toot ta hai" gives a totallyy wrong interpretation.

DTeacher thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

That's exactly what was niggling me all the way through the last few episodes. She was acting all melancholic and heartbroken as if she had been jilted and discarded by her fiance - that's certainly the impression given out as far as I am concerned. Her actions could come back on her and maybe that's what the CVs want! I certainly hope not but I guess we'll have to wait and see now.

Originally posted by: aa123.80

BINGO. Totallyyy agree. When she never loved Shyam, and specially AFTER knowing that he's such a huge liar, the natural reaction in front of Anjali and all would've been anger, and saying that it's good that her engagement broke cause the guy was a fraud and stuff like that. Here, she's just reacting sadly to everyone who mentions her engagement which just sends out the wrong message. God, she was cheated, and how is her grief the same as Lavanya's? Her trust was broken. "Hume pata hai kaisa lagta hai jab rishta toot ta hai" gives a totallyy wrong interpretation.