Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shilu999_balani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
althou we are not enjoying the bombay track of sona and abhi... but they are showing in a very realistic way what happens in these spouse abuse cases.. i found it very realistic and sona(although i dont like her role) is acting very well.. we should appreciate the fact that SGP is giving exposure and that too very realistically to a very common problem in society...

of course the delhi scenes rocked and suhana was superb in the role of a distraught bahu...and three cheers for BM too...the whole cast of SGP rocks..
infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I agree Poonam but the problem is timing , this track deserved the audiance's full attention , the execution is not right , the message and script is good but having it alternatively with BP track is I am failing to understand . The two actors are doing great job, but there make up is making them unbareable to watch . Jay should seriously work on his body language , it's not up to the mark . My worry is that Suhana would end up look like an insensitive person not understanding pain of SONA ! I hope they don't do that.

Originally posted by: shilu999_balani

althou we are not enjoying the bombay track of sona and abhi... but they are showing in a very realistic way what happens in these spouse abuse cases.. i found it very realistic and sona(although i dont like her role) is acting very well.. we should appreciate the fact that SGP is giving exposure and that too very realistically to a very common problem in society...

of course the delhi scenes rocked and suhana was superb in the role of a distraught bahu...and three cheers for BM too...the whole cast of SGP rocks..

I agree Poonam Aunty that the creatives are showing a serious issue through the Sona-Abhishek track but how long will they stretch the whole issue?People bring up social issues in TV shows to make people aware about the ill effects of the issue as well as motivate the victims to move forward and do something to get out of the issue for their own safety,and that is where the creatives are lagging behind.They are showing only one aspect of the track that is,Abhishek abusing Sona,but isn't it their duty to also show the other aspect of the issue of encouraging victims of such physical abuse to speak out and take help to come out of the issue.Sona is an educated girl,she definetely is modern in her thoughts.She will definetely not think about what the society say about her first instead of approaching an NGO for help.Even if she thinks about the society than about her,its the responsibility of the makers to bring in change in her character which would send a message to the lakhs of victims suffering from physical abuse everyday,everywhere.
They were handling it well,they thought well to bring in a serious issue and address it in the show but sorry to say,they are using this track these days only to drag the show and nothing else.At the end we will either see Ishaan or Suhana coming as the holier than thou superhero and saving Sona from the clutches of Abhishek.Real zindagi mein there is no Ishaan or Suhana.The victim has to fight her/his own war and what better than shows like these to encourage them by coming out of the closet and speak against such abuse.

I read this article in the paper today and articles like these will actually help victims to speak and save themselves,rather than tv shows just going on showing abuse and the lead hero/heroine coming as a saviour at the end.The article does say that the victim worried about the society and still thinks her husband might come back as a better person,but most importantly tells how she took help from a group to save herself.That is what even SGP should tell at the moment than simply dragging the storyline.

Moreover,like Sheema di said,the cvs always go wrong with the timing of different tracks.The Delhi track with BP is right now the most important track in the show.Its one of the major tracks as the show from start has been mentioning about BP aur ab jaake they showed him enter the show.Tracks like these also need a lot of attention and seriousness.But with the addition of the Mumbai track,they are showing more of Mumbai and less of Delhi which not just breaks your attention from the Delhi high voltage track but leaves you disappointed.Atleast that's the case with me :/

Article:

I was tired of explaining my bruises...'

What do you do when the man you are married to and love the most beats you black and blue? And what do you do when the next day he showers you with unimaginable love?

Posted On Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 01:09:34 AM

I met Paras in 2010. Tall, handsome and charming; I wasn't surprised when I found myself agreeing to go out for a coffee with him that very evening. And that is how it all started. What followed was a whirlwind romance. I will not deny it, but it was the best time of my life. He would drive  to my place in the middle of the night just to let me know that he missed me. He would send flowers over to my office, take me to the most expensive places and buy the most extravagant gifts. What made me fall in love with him was the person he appeared to be -well-spoken, intelligent, an absolute gentleman with my friends, caring and all the things I had ever wanted in a guy. Three months into our relationship, he proposed marriage and needless to say, I was thrilled! 

My parents and my best friend hated the idea of me getting married. My parents thought we needed more time to know each other,  while my best friend thought 24 was too young to get married. But I was in love and adamant. And I was scared. I thought, 'What if I never meet anyone else with whom I am this comfortable and compatible'. Now that I think of it, I guess a part of me agreed to the marriage because that meant that he will be mine and he won't be able to walk out of my life.

Now, that very thing is making my life crumble around me. I got married in November 2010, against my parents' wishes. My best friend stopped talking to me. I convinced myself that she was jealous. My parents  had no choice but to accept me. However, they made it very clear that they would not support me if I decided to walk out of the marriage. 

Three months into the marriage, I began to realise why my parents had asked me to take more time to get to know the guy. I always knew he drank. I enjoyed my own drink so, I never saw anything wrong with him having the usual peg with dinner every time we went out. But once married, I saw that his usual peg was generally 5 pegs everyday. The fights started when I asked him to slow down. At 26, he was convinced that he was invincible and went out of his way to prove that I was wrong. 

Gradually, the fights started getting bitter and he started using filthy language. Within a week, he was abusing me and my family. I tried to be patient, but one day I snapped. I slapped him out of anger and frustration, which infuriated him terribly. I still remember the look in his eyes when he looked at me and said, 'I'll make you regret that' and he did. Verbal abuse turned into physical abuse. But whenever I threatened to walk out, he would do the loveliest of things to make me change my mind.

One night, he left me with a black eye, the next day, he took a day off work, cooked and pampered me. But the violence didn't stop. Nine months into our marriage, I gave up hope. I was tired of explaining my bruises to my colleagues and friends and tired of living in constant fear about when I would get beaten up next. But I could not just walk out. I loved him. Even after all of that, I wanted him. 

In October, our fights reached a whole new level. I was determined to make him see that he was wrong and he was determined to win. One of these fights got exceptionally violent. I threw an ashtray at him which cut his cheek. He was livid and before I could realise, he had twisted my arm enough to break it. I knew I couldn't stay any longer. I called up a women's helpline. The counsellor told me that I was one of the very few educated women who sought help when faced with domestic violence. Apparently women like "us" preferred to live in silence, lest the society points a finger at us or people think that we have morals to enrage a man enough to hit us. The reasons were innumerable. But it didn't  matter to me. A month ago, Paras agreed to go in for therapy, anger management classes and to a counsellor to deal with alcoholism. My parents now want me to move back with them. My in-laws want us to get separated. My best friend is not only talking to me, but screaming at me everyday about how stupid I am. Yes, 'walking out' is an easier option; easier to put an end to the domestic violence. But it is also easy to try to get help for someone I deeply care about. I am someone who stayed at home and fought to change our lives. I believe Paras can be helped. And I know he will change.

— As told to Sreejita Biswas

infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Absolutely spot on Shounak but dont forgt this is Star Plus and the audiance of Star Plau have no APPETITIE for reality and real issues which affects us in our daily lives. Drama is what they are interested in , who cares about how it really happens and how it affects real people. We like to keep our eyes and minds closed, we want to see CUTE, HOT, MIND BLOWING leads , eye locks, OMG OMG OMG moments ! . I have no hope of a realistic end of Sona track, it would end up in Suhana being maha stupid and Ishaan being Maha Mahan and  the problem of Sonali and domestic abuse issue would be conveniently chucked under the carpet like many other issues in the past. Star Plus Zinda Baad!