'Kolaveri Di' song criticized by Javed Akhtar &#82

Posted: 12 years ago

Javed Akhtar: Kolaveri Di is an insult to sensibility

Javed Akhtar
Next

Tamil actor Dhanush's song Kolevari Di might have taken the web world by storm. But that didn't impress lyricist Javed Akhtar

'"KOLAVARI-D". Every one is praising the robes but the emporer is naked. Tune ordinary ,singing substandard. words an insult to sensibility,' he tweeted.

He responded to a follower's answer: 'What kind of logic is this even if all my songs are trash, meaningless, unbearable how does that make this Kolaveri D good.'

The noted lyricist has received a lot of flak for his remarks. 'its a barrage of comments about my comment on KOLA...some are calling me jealous, even abusing me, others praising me for belling the cat,' he tweeted about the various responses to his tweet.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/slide-show-1-celeb-tweets-through-the-day/20111206.htm

Javed is just a disgruntled jealous old man, who can't take the fact that this song which came out of nowhere, has become such a rage with everyone, far more than any of his songs.

His criticism makes absolutely no sense, a tune doesn't need to be complex to be enjoyable, Kolaveri Di has a very simple, yet very catchy and hummable tune, its simplicity and vibe is what makes it such a hit, and the lyrics are hilarious, something different, and easy to remember, and understand, even if it's broken English, none of this Urdu poetry trash.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I have massive respect for Javed saab and the wonderful lines he writes.

But he has to understand that people have different tastes, just because he doesnot like or relate to the song, he cannot trash others choices.

Im sorry, but has he heard the songs in Don2. If you ask me they are crap too!
Hatt's Off 2 u Javed Saab, u Said the Right Thing 👍🏼... Kolavari D is bullshit 👎🏼

Originally posted by: -Billa-

Hatt's Off 2 u Javed Saab, u Said the Right Thing 👍🏼... Kolavari D is bullshit 👎🏼

18million hits says otherwise... javed akhtar is the one with the bullshit opinion. 😊

Originally posted by: CunningLinguist

18million hits says otherwise... javed akhtar is the one with the bullshit opinion. 😊

1 Father of BullShit SONG getting HITS doesn't make the Only BEST SONG in the world which has 2 be loved by everyone or if not liked will be trashed?? is it?? yeh ajeeb hai, means u have 2 like it Zabardasti hi 🤣
samy786 thumbnail

Javed Akhtar: Kolaveri Di is an insult to sensibility

Javed Akhtar
Next

Tamil actor Dhanush's song Kolevari Di might have taken the web world by storm. But that didn't impress lyricist Javed Akhtar

'"KOLAVARI-D". Every one is praising the robes but the emporer is naked. Tune ordinary ,singing substandard. words an insult to sensibility,' he tweeted.

He responded to a follower's answer: 'What kind of logic is this even if all my songs are trash, meaningless, unbearable how does that make this Kolaveri D good.'

The noted lyricist has received a lot of flak for his remarks. 'its a barrage of comments about my comment on KOLA...some are calling me jealous, even abusing me, others praising me for belling the cat,' he tweeted about the various responses to his tweet.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/slide-show-1-celeb-tweets-through-the-day/20111206.htm

Javed is just a disgruntled jealous old man, who can't take the fact that this song which came out of nowhere, has become such a rage with everyone, far more than any of his songs.

His criticism makes absolutely no sense, a tune doesn't need to be complex to be enjoyable, Kolaveri Di has a very simple, yet very catchy and hummable tune, its simplicity and vibe is what makes it such a hit, and the lyrics are hilarious, something different, and easy to remember, and understand, even if it's broken English, none of this Urdu poetry trash.

What about Dard-e-Disco???
Javed Saab ke jo Alfaaz hai its Remarkable 👏... and this Kolaveri Di is pure BullShit, doesn't make sense... 👎🏼

Originally posted by: -Billa-

1 Father of BullShit SONG getting HITS doesn't make the Only BEST SONG in the world which has 2 be loved by everyone or if not liked will be trashed?? is it?? yeh ajeeb hai, means u have 2 like it Zabardasti hi 🤣

As usual, you completely misconstrued my point.. one can dislike a song, but his criticism is bullshit, learn to discern the difference.

As usual, you completely misconstrued my point.. one can dislike a song, but his criticism is bullshit, learn to discern the difference.

Everybody has right to criticize, y can't he criticize?? Freedom of speech is everywhere, every 1 or the other person who is in news for some reason is being criticized around the world from faceless bunch of computer freaks sitting on Twitter... so how come his criticism is bullshit? 

He doesn't like the song, so just expressed it... if u r counting HITS, den count DISLIKE also on that video, some like some dislike, many people  have criticized, so y just cornering Javed Akhter, if he expressed his views...??
arre billa...sallu's movies are BBs naa...they arent the ones with the best reviews but ppl watch them anyway coz they r FUN...

same with Kolaveri di...

the song became a rage coz it was funny, relatable and catchy...not coz it had a soul stirring melody with profound lyrics...

Javed saab should know better abt each song having its context...if i remember right, he wrote "Meri Laundry ka ek bill, ek aadhi padhi novel" right? would it have been as catchy and fit its context had the lyrics been something totally profound and poetic? naah...