ArHi FF: Highway to Hell, note pg 147 - Page 32

Posted: 12 years ago
The poem was amazing...loved it..
Originally posted by madmaxine

Thanks! I was unsure how this chapter would go down. Glad you enjoyed it.

As for copyrighting this...I highly doubt the CVs would steal this story. Maybe this is just me being cynical, but the reason IPKKND works is because of the angry, young man image ASR has and the chemistry between him and KKG. Also, for some reason (and I blame Yash Chopra/Karan Johar squarely for this!) our concept of romance is restricted to flying dupattas and gusts of wind and damsels in distress being rescued by their knights in shining armor. So, unless the CVs write that KKG is in the UK, studying hard while her dupatta magically flies and lodges itself in ASR's watch..I think I'm safe😆. Sorry...small rant. Needed to get that off my chest.

Hmmm...u cd have a point. But I still feel if the CV's get hold of ur plot they will be interested enoff to save this FF for a later date. Studying can happen anywhere, not necesarily the UK and as for duppattas, damsel in distress acts and extra-long eye-contact that is their USP🤪 so why wd they change their winning formula😆.
And hey YC & KJ 'sell' dreams...so one cant really expect realism in their movies can we😆???

And u just continue the awesome stuff u r penning...who knows u may just inspire an odd  enterprising script-writer into convincing directors and other hotshots to give plots like yours a chance & voila  before u know it becomes a super-duper hit😛.

Edited by lexaxel - 12 years ago
this is the first time anyone would have attempted poetry in an FF!
i always believe that one does not need flowery language to write a good poem! even if one uses simple words, and still conveys what is SUPPOSED to be conveyed, I THINK THEREIN LIES THE BRILLIANCY OF THE POEM. 

Chapeau!
Edited by sharneil92 - 12 years ago
@lexaxel(Nancy): Thanks for liking the poem. And your imagery of poor Arnav sitting by the pool is like you said, endearing.

As for my KC rant...you are so right it is not even funny, what you said makes total sense. As for my writing, I am planning to  write a novel at some point. Let's see how things pan out. 😊
Originally posted by nyxx

LOL you can call me Dee 😉 aha now there comes out the real thing...as long as its someone like my Arnav...he can goo whistling all he wants! 😆 I wouldnt dare to stop him...lol and girl, youre hobby's can always become a passion and youve got the potential to do lots more with what youre starting off as a hobby. I never got down to writing but i love formulating stories or plots in my head...but i guess im a weird med student who probably cant write down her thoughts lol
Thus, i'll just enjoy reading wonderful things by like writers like you :)
- Dee

Thanks Dee! Thanks for all the encouragement. As for Arnav whistling...he can whistle all he likes..just as you said. 😉 Good luck with all the studying...med student is awesome, but hard. Been there, done that.
Originally posted by sharneil92

this is the first time anyone would have attempted poem in an FF!
i always believe that one does not need flowery language to write a good poem! even if one uses simple words, and still conveys what is SUPPOSED to be conveyed, I THINK THEREIN LIES THE BRILLIANCY OF THE POEM. 

Chapeau!

Thank you! 😊

Here is Chapter 10. I still have a Chapter 9 hangover, as you will see, when you read😊.

Chapter 10: Khushi sets the bar

Khushi walked into the AR office after 7 long years. They were setting up shop there for the next 3 months. Freddy had been allotted an entire wing for himself and his staff. Khushi had a cabin to herself. A very nice cabin, she noted, with a nice view of the city from the 12th floor of AR. The office as a whole had changed quite a bit. It had been renovated and the dcor was totally different. The style remained the same. Minimalistic. Steel grey, white and black were the dominant colors. A splash of red here and there alleviated the severity of the look. She did spot a few familiar faces that looked at her with extreme curiosity. They all knew her, of course. She was famous at AR. She had worked there temporarily, driven ASR up the wall, and then worked at his home, which had driven him even more nuts. And everyone knew how the whole Shyam fiasco had ended. It had been a public debacle.  So, yes, Khushi was well known here, and she knew it. She also knew that no one would mention it to her. And if they did, she was capable of handling it. She sat in her office, twirling around in her chair until she realized she was late for her morning meeting with the team.

She walked into the conference room. Aadit, Freddy and ASR were already there. As was the long-suffering Jeremy, and ASR's Personal Assistant, Sarika.

"Hey Khushi! Late today?" asked Aadit.

"Yes. I was checking out my new cabin." Said Khushi.

"How'd you like it? I love mine." Said Freddy, nodding at ASR.

"We aim to please." Said ASR looking only at Khushi.

"I'm glad to be in the good books of the big cheese!" said Khushi, grinning at Arnav.

"Well, should we get started with the meeting today?" asked Arnav.

"Yes. Since we're already late, let's not delay." Said Khushi demurely.

"Ms. Gupta, which fabric do you think is best suited for the new designs?" asked ASR.

"ASR, I think pure silk would look divine!" said Khushi, smiling mischievously. Arnav flashed her a warning look.

"Pure silk is genius Khushi. Lets do fuschia, magenta and deep pink. For the dresses." Said Freddy.

"Err. Aren't all of those essentially the same color?" asked Arnav.

"Green is the only color you know, lover!" said Khushi, now playing with fire. Aadit had a puzzled look on his face. ASR looked furious. Freddy looked like the cat that had caught the cream. He loved a good scene, and this was turning out to be a doozy. Sarika, ASR's assistant looked alarmed.

"What do you mean Khushi Gupta, please to explain!" asked ASR.

"That green's the color of money, the stuff that keeps you sane." deadpanned Khushi.

"Money's not what keeps me sane, and you know it." He said, now furious.

"News to me! I guess you'll really really have to show it." Said Khushi, enjoying herself thoroughly.

"Will you kindly stop rhyming with every sentence of mine!" he said, totally flustered.

"Why, I thought you loved poetry! I'm just toeing your line!" said Khushi, laughing openly.

"That's what she's been doing! God I thought you were talking funny, Minnie!" said Aadit looking relieved. "Though you were coming down with something."

"Nope. Just trying to rhyme with ASR." Said Khushi, grinning audaciously.

"Err. Why?" asked Aadit.

"Well. ASR seems to have a new-found interest in poetry. I was just trying to foster it. Cultural growth is important you know. Helps us grow as people." She said without cracking a smile. Arnav's face had turned a shade that could only be described as, well, fuschia. Or maybe, deep pink!

"I don't need your help to grow culturally! I'm as culturally developed as I want to be." ASR spat angrily.

"Now, now ASR, don't go Neanderthal on me!" said Khushi.

"You're still doing it. Ms. Gupta, I'm warning you. Stop."

"Sorry. Not happening. Let's go. Chop-chop!"

"I can shut you up in a much better way."

"Oh, really. How's that? Do you just pray?"

"Shut up Khushi. Don't try my patience."

"And here I thought you wanted us to build a relation?" asked Khushi, looking hurt.

"I do. But, outside of work. And not set to a meter. Please."

"God! Lighten up. I was funning with you, Jeez!"

"OK Min. Enough rhyming. It's annoying and we haven't gotten any work done. Sort out your differences with ASR later. Rhyme if you wish. Go blank verse if you want to. Right now, let's get some work done." Freddy's voice was firm. Khushi flushed and they started working seriously.

2 hours later, they had finished with the meeting and gotten a lot of basic details outlined. Now Freddy needed to brainstorm. The next meeting was scheduled for 10 days from now, when Freddy would present the first version of the collection. Everybody filed out but for ASR and Khushi. ASR waved his secretary away impatiently when she asked if she should wait for him.

"Why'd you do that?" he asked.

"Do what?"

"Embarrass me like that."

"How was it embarrassing? I didn't tell anyone you wrote me a long, mushy poem did I?" she asked.

"You thought it was too long?" he asked doubtfully.

"Too long. Too sentimental. Too everything."

"Too cute?" he asked hopefully.

"Maybe a little cute." She said, a light smile playing on her lips.

"Have lunch with me Khushi."

"Why?"

"Lets get to know each other. I barely know this new Khushi."

"The new Khushi thinks the old ASR is a sad sack." She said.

"But what does the new Khushi think of the new ASR?" he asked softly.

"New ASR?"

"The ASR that declares his love for Khushi frankly, and wants her in his life forever. That ASR. What does Khushi think of him?"

"Khushi isn't convinced about him. Not at all."

"So, give me a chance. Let me convince you."

"ASR, I have kids."

"So, I like kids!"

"You won't like mine. They are very naughty."

"Just like their Mom, then. And I like her." He said. "When are they getting here, by the way?"

"3 days from now." She said.

"I'll look forward to meeting them. Now, are you going to lunch with me?" he cajoled.

"Nope. But tell you what. I will go to lunch with you. On one condition."

"What's that?" he asked.

"If my little devils like you, I'll go to lunch with you. Once." She said.

"You mean I have to impress your daughters to get their Mom to go out with me on a date?" he asked.

"Not a date. Lunch." She corrected.

"Oh, all right. Lunch." He said, giving in.

So, I have to impress the junior Misses Gupta to get Ms.Gupta to go out to lunch with me?"

"Yep. Take it or leave it."

"I'll take it. Let me know when their flight lands. I can go to the airport with you to pick them up."

Oh, you don't have to. Freddy and Aadit are going with me." She said breezily.

"Why do they go everywhere with you?" he asked.

"Because they are my friends. Jealous?" she asked.

"Very." He bit out.

She just laughed and said, "You can come over to meet them the day after they arrive." She tossed her hair over her shoulder. "And if you want to impress my girls, you better have a plan." With that parting shot, she walked out.

So, whatja think?

Loved them...Cheesy ASR😎...keeping my fingers crossed for the so called lunch😉😃...continue soon..

FABULOUS UPDATE!! i simply loved it!! it was too good!! hhahahahaha🤣 khushi rhyming to arnav's sentences was just hilarious!! loved tht part!! the ending was great too.. wonder wht arnav's gonna do to impress junior misses gupta...? continue soon!! thanks a ton for the pm!!

Edited by littlemoi - 12 years ago
That was AH-Mazing! I like how Khushi was trying to irk ASR by rhyming everything he said..hilarious!This update was fun!