Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

madmaxine thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello all! Chapter 7 is all done. Hope you like it.  I know a few of you felt that Khushi doesn't have kids  after reading the last chapter. I think this chapter will make it very clear that she is in fact a Mommy! Happy reading😊

Chapter 7: A hammock and a home

Arnav was waiting in the conference room when Khushi walked in with Freddy. Aadit was already there. She was wearing a grey skirt and a white silk shirt. Her hair was up in her usual bun. She looked very professional. The meeting went smoothly. Freddy had a number of ideas that he presented. He was very happy in India thus far so he refrained from making any cutting remarks and made his presentation well. Aadit was enthusiastic about most of the ideas. Khushi's job was to make sure Freddy didn't go overboard and maintained focus. She didn't have too much to do today. As for ASR. He seemed totally preoccupied. He nodded his assent to whatever Aadit or Freddy said without really hearing anything. Khushi caught him staring at her more than once. She smiled inwardly. He was totally distracted and still thinking about last night, she knew. After the meeting ended, they all collected their papers and were filing out. Aadit, Freddy and Khushi were going to lunch. Aadit invited ASR to join them. He agreed enthusiastically, knowing he would never get a chance to be alone with her today otherwise.

They went to a nice Italian restaurant that ASR frequented. Freddy sat next to Khushi and, Arnav thought jealously, inordinately close to her.. Khushi ordered the Spaghetti Bolognese. Arnav watched her twirl the strands of spaghetti round her fork and slip in them into her mouth expertly. They had ordered a bottle of Red Zinfandel with their meal, and Arnav was surprised to see Khushi take a glass as well.

"You drink now?" he asked, eyebrows raised.

"As is obvious." She said coolly.

"Oh, was there a time she didn't drink?" asked Freddy. "I can't believe that.  Remember the tequila shots you and I did at the Christmas party last year, Min?" asked Freddy.

"I remember. I only had to do 4 to beat you. You have a ridiculously weak head for an Englishman!" she said, eyes sparkling.

"Hey! I'd already had about 4 beers before we even started on the shots…so no fair." Protested Freddy, punching her lightly.

"Remember the stakes?" asked Aadit slyly. "Freddy had to buy you a Stella McCartney dress. His wallet didn't like it much."

"Anything for Minnie. Besides, my wallet can take it." Finished Freddy grandly. He ruffled Khushi's hair lightly, as if she were a child." It was true. His wallet could take it. He was a millionaire several times over.

"Speaking of Stella McCartney. You know that chap Brian? One of her finance guys." Said Freddy.

"The one with green eyes?" asked Khushi.

"That's the one Min. He was asking about you Minnie. Wanted to know if you are single. I told him single, and ready to mingle, but with children. He seemed fine with it. Want me to give him your number?" asked Freddy, stealing a sly glance at ASR whose face had turned a violent shade of purple.

"Umm. Sure, he's cute." Said Khushi, playing along. She knew ASR was mad as a hatter, and she liked it. "But please wait till we get back to the UK. I want to enjoy my stay in India. Besides, the girls will be here in 10 days and I want to show them so much of India" she said, her eyes radiating happiness at the thought of seeing her girls soon.

"Your daughters are coming to India? To Delhi?" asked ASR, voice strangled.

"Yes. I'm here for almost 3 months. I couldn't possibly stay without them that long. They're just with Lavs until I find suitable accommodation here." Said Khushi.

"You can stay with us, you know." Said Arnav. "Everyone at home will be really happy to have you there."

"Me and my babies too, of course? My girls whom I had out of wedlock?" asked Khushi.

"Yes. I am sure no one cares about the past. We all want what's best for you now" said Arnav, finding reserves of patience he didn't know he possessed. He looked straight into her eyes. He knew Aadit and Freddy were forming a very interested third and fourth in this relatively personal conversation, but he didn't care.

"Unfortunately ASR, I care about the past. And even if I have moved past it, I don't want my girls to ever know the people who threw their mother out on the streets based on one slimeball's word. My girls are untouched by such ugliness. They're lovely kids, and I want them unsullied by all this nonsense." She said harshly.

"Who's bringing them" said Aadit interrupting before ASR could respond.

"Oh. Nigel." Said Khushi, nodding at Freddy who looked happy at the mention of his name.

"Who is Nigel?" bit out ASR. He thought Khushi had far too many male friends.

"Nigel is their Nanny. They love him." Said Khushi.

"A male nanny?" asked ASR.

"So? Never seen Charles in Charge or Who's the boss?" asked Khushi.

"Err. No. What are they?" asked ASR, completely clueless.

"Never mind." She said. "Suffice it to say he is very good with them"

"Shall I ask for the check? Everyone done?" asked Aadit. He motioned to the waiter to bring them the check. They left soon after. Khushi was about to get into the car with Aadit and Freddy when Arnav held her hand.

"Khushi, why don't you go with me? It will give us a chance to talk."

"I don't have anything to say to you."

"Please. Khushi. Let me drive you home. I have a suggestion about your living situation. And its not in my house, so don't get all fired up." He said, throwing up his hands in defense.

"OK." She told Aadit she was riding with ASR and walked towards his car.

They drove quietly for a while. Then she spoke. "What's your suggestion?"

"What? Oh, Yes. I have a bungalow on the outskirts of the city. Its unoccupied, but for the caretakers. It's fully furnished, and comes with a really nice garden where the children can play. There are 3 bedrooms, and I have a nice couple who lives there and can do the cooking and cleaning for you."

"It sounds nice. I'll have to take a look though." Said Khushi. "Also, if I do end up taking it, I will have to pay you rent." She looked at him sternly.

"Khushi, you don't have to pay me anything. It's just sitting there unused. Use it. I'll be happy. Can't you let me do this much for you?" he asked.

"Either you accept rent, or I don't even consider it. Your choice." She said.

"OK. You can pay me. You want to go look at it now?" he asked.

"Umm. Sure. Also, the rent has to the current market rate. Not some watered down token version just for form's sake. I don't want any favors from you." She saw him tighten his hands on the steering. He was angry.

"OK. I will charge you the going rate. Now can you please give it a rest?" he asked.

They drove the rest of the way silently. He was upset and she was thinking. They got to his bungalow in about 30 minutes. He opened the door and led her in. It really was nice. Well-furnished, light, airy, lots of open space. Just the way she liked it. The garden was a nice, big backyard with several shady trees and a swing and slide set in one corner.

"Payal and Akash come here with the children sometimes, just to get away from home for a weekend. The swing and slides are for Arjun and Khushi." He said fondly. She looked at him, surprised.

"You like them? The children?"

"Oh yes. They are wonderful. Lots of fun. Besides, I get to spoil them without having to worry about the boring stuff like homework. I'm just the cool uncle." Said Arnav boyishly. "Arjun's taken after his father. Quiet little chap who's going to be a good cricketer. As for my darling Khushi. (Khushi flushed when he said those words, even though she knew he was referring to his niece) she has me wrapped around her little finger. She is cute as a button and sassy with it. Takes after her maasi, I think." He winked at her. She shook her head slightly, as if to say, stop buttering me up.

"So, you think your girls will like this house?" he asked after they'd taken the grand tour.

"I think so. I certainly like it."

"OK. Someone will call you with details tomorrow." Said Arnav.

"Shall we go?" asked Khushi.

"OK. Let's head out." He said reluctantly. "Oh wait. I forgot to show you the best part of the house." He said. He led her up 2 flights of stairs to the terrace. It was huge, open and had a hammock tied to 2 posts. "I love this hammock" he said, jumping on it quickly. Khushi laughed. "It looks good. I can imagine the scene. Me. Sunday morning. Hammock. Book. Coffee. Sounds perfect." She said. He looked at her laughing eyes.

"Give us a hand up" He said, reaching out a hand to her, ostensibly to get up and out of the hammock. She reached out a hand to him, and found herself pulled firmly towards him. Next thing she knew, she was on top of him.

"I like that." He said. "Woman on top." He grinned suggestively.

"In your dreams ASR." She jumped off of him, before he had a chance to do what he wanted to. "Not happening."

"OK. You prefer me on top? That's fine too. I hardly care,, honestly, though I like getting inventive." She cut him off before he could finish. "Darling, I hardly care how kinky you like to get in bed. Fact is, you and me. Not happening. That ship has sailed. You had your chance and blew it. Right now, Brian with the green eyes has a better shot than you." she finished. He got up and stood before her.

"Look. I know I screwed up. But you have to give me another chance. Please."

"No."

"Khushi, I love you. Always have. Always will."

"Shut up. And the answer is still No."

"You still love me too."

"You've got to be kidding me. After all you put me through? I'm not a masochist."

"Prove it." He said.

"Prove what?"

"Prove that you don't love me."

"Err. You really want me to kick you where it hurts?" she asked.

"No. Kiss me. Kiss me and tell me it didn't make your heart race. That you didn't feel a thing."

"I already did. Last night. Told you, you were like the Ice-man. I didn't enjoy it at all. Not one bit." She said.

"I was caught off-guard last night. Besides, if it didn't matter yesterday, why should it matter today? I challenge you. Kiss me. Tell me it didn't mean a thing. I'll leave you alone."

So, if I kiss you, and tell you it didn't matter, you'll stop pestering me?" she asked.

"Yes. Scout's honor."

"OK then." She said, stepping close to him. "This I can handle." He pulled her even closer. Put her arms around his neck and his enveloped her waist. He smiled down into her eyes. It was a warm, sunny smile. One that he rarely displayed. She stood on tiptoe and reached for his lips. He crushed her to him. And this time, he kissed her back. When they split apart 2 minutes later, they were both breathing heavily.

"So? What's the verdict?" he asked.

"Your kissing skills have improved in the last 24 hours." She said.

"And?"

"And what?"

"And you know what. You were affected by it. Admit it." He said.

"It was a good kiss. I'll admit that. I didn't hear any bells ringing though. The Earth didn't move under my feet. Sorry. Didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy." She said, moving away from him. He looked crushed.

"Look ASR. You and I. We have a history. That's about it. Let's try not to rake it up. I am happy with the life I have built for myself. And frankly, it has no room for you. So please, leave me be. It's a request." He flinched at her harsh words.

"OK, Khushi. I won't bring it up again. Let's go." He drove her back to the hotel I silence. She thanked him for the ride and the bungalow and went back to her room quietly.

She was running from him, thought Arnav. "OK Khushi Kumari Gupta. You can run, but you can't hide." He needed to find out what made her tick. This Khushi was so different from the old Khushi. He needed to find out all about her and then he needed to win her. It was going to be an uphill task. He picked up his phone and made a call. "Yes, Aman, I need you to do something for me." He said. He then went home and watched a few episodes of  "Charles in Charge" online.

sharneil92 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: madmaxine

Hi! I actually think the ball is in Arnav's court here. I think he has to win her. Woo her. Court her. Love her. Convince her he loves her. And then some. Like you said, she's really bitter, so I don't think she can let go of those feelings easily. There has to be a serious incentive to change.  Let's see how it shapes up. I haven't planned the whole thing yet. I know the ending, but that's about it😆!

On a different note, I just caught up with Hunters and Gatherers. ASR as James Bond is like my fantasy come true😃. Nicely done there. Enjoyed it.

I see. yeah, it'll definitely be one heck of a courtship. I mean ASR has to be put on his charm factor to the max! it's the process of seeing how khushi would mellow, that's got me caught up! 😃 i mean, she's sooo tough! esp. with all her tai chi and all! 

about the different note, I'M GLAD YOU ENJOYED IT! ASR as James Bond wasn't really what i originally thought of. It was someone else, but then i dreamt of ASR pulling out a silencer, oozing so much style and sex appeal, i knew i HAD to make it an FF! 😆 he's sooo dreamy. esp. with a gun. i wish i could replay my dream! 
madmaxine thumbnail
Originally posted by: lexaxel

That was lovely!!!!!

I like this ASR...he is tough yet we can read him & has a sense of humour to boot.

And couldnt help but notice tht Khushi was unconsciously cheerful after her dinner with ASR...ooops I meant with the family😛.

"Unbelievable how hard it was to stop loving someone who'd specialized in making your life hell, she thought wryly "
Oh wow does tht mean she is under no illusions...tht she knows she loves him still 😲. I wd have thought she wd have convinced herself tht she's all over it.

Vidya the story is moving smoothly...please dont hurry on account of us...the possibilities are unlimited, u just take care to do justice to the plot u have laid out. Kudos!!!!!!

Thanks! Glad you are liking it. I think she knows its hard for her to not love him. She's fighting the attraction. It's hard for her..but even harder for him. Because he had to live with the guilt of what he did to her as well. I know I'm a little slow paced..but I haven't worked out all the details of the plot yet. It'll happen..I am happy you like it this way, though, Truly am😊
madmaxine thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rozy77

hi dear

yup, enjoyed chap.6..fab update
nice flashback...loved the rangoli part
every1 had been so mean to khushi, i really wanna see asr go all out n win her back. i also find khushi-anjali interesting, so am looking forward as to how all this is gona develop

thanks for the pm dear
take care

Thanks! You hit the nail on the head. That's what I want too. For him to win her. Khushi-Anjali have an interesting dynamic..I shd explore that further. Thanks for putting the idea into my head😃.
madmaxine thumbnail
Originally posted by: nyxx

Stunning! I really enjoyed the flashback, and it was as if i could feel the unsaid emotions and feelings Khushi and Arnav were going through. Felt really bad for Khushi, but im sure atleast now she has matured and things like those have made her much stronger :) Cant wait for more of the present...continue soon =) You write wonderfully!

Thanks! Glad you liked the flashback. There will obviously be more of that...in order to reveal what really happened 7 years ago. Yep...I like the strong Khushi too. Thanks for reading and commenting😊
Edited by madmaxine - 12 years ago
ipkkndank thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
AWWW ...
Loved it ❤️...  Loved it ❤️... Loved it ❤️...  Loved it ❤️... Loved it ❤️...  Loved it ❤️... Loved it ❤️... Loved it ❤️...

Great update and really really enjoyed it ...
must tell you that i do like this new Kushi... her behaviour and all are just fabulous... 😆 
And the way you have put those are even more fabulous...
thanks for the PM
continue soonn...
madmaxine thumbnail
@Sharneil92: Thank you! I am hoping there will be fireworks in this courtship..yes😃. What's ASR and KKG without a few sparks...excuse me...an atom bomb😉😉!

As for "the diff note"...I will read your latest and get back to you on your thread. He is certainly a dreamboat. No question. 😊 I like. I like.
shena07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
excellent as always dear...do update soon...😆
madmaxine thumbnail
Originally posted by: ipkkndank

AWWW ...

Loved it ❤️...  Loved it ❤️... Loved it ❤️...  Loved it ❤️... Loved it ❤️...  Loved it ❤️... Loved it ❤️... Loved it ❤️...

Great update and really really enjoyed it ...
must tell you that i do like this new Kushi... her behaviour and all are just fabulous... 😆 
And the way you have put those are even more fabulous...
thanks for the PM
continue soonn...

Awww! Thanks dear! So glad you are liking it and the new Khushi. I'm flattered by the compliments..really am😃.
jenshad thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Khushi Has Changed SOOO Muchh : O 😳 Wamt Arnav To Bring The Old One Backk Afterall Old Is Gold Naa 😆