Ringer - Anyone watching it??

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

Does anyone watch Ringer with Sara Michelle Gellar??

Here is the plot:

Sarah Michelle Gellar stars as a woman who, after witnessing a murder, goes on the run, hiding out by assuming the life of her wealthy identical twin sister ' only to learn that her sister's seemingly idyllic life is just as complicated and dangerous as the one she's trying to leave behind. Bridget is six months sober and starting to turn her life around when she is the sole witness to a professional hit. Despite the assurances of her FBI protector, Agent Victor Machado, Bridget knows her life is on the line. She flees to New York, telling no one, not even her Narcotics Anonymous sponsor, Malcolm. In New York, Bridget reunites with her estranged twin, Siobhan. Wealthy, pampered and married to the strikingly handsome Andrew Martin, Siobhan lives what appears to be a fairy tale life ' a life where no one knows that Bridget exists. The sisters seem to be mending their frayed relationship, until Siobhan disappears overboard during a boat trip, and Bridget makes the split decision to take on her sister's identity. She discovers shocking secrets, not only about her sister and her marriage, but also about Siobhan's best friend, Gemma, and Gemma's husband, Henry. And when someone tries to kill Bridget in her sister's penthouse, she realizes she is no safer as Siobhan than she is as herself.

The series stars Sarah Michelle Gellar as Bridget and Siobhan, Kristoffer Polaha as Henry, Ioan Gruffudd as Andrew Martin, Nestor Carbonell as Agent Victor Machado and Tara Summers as Gemma.

I saw the first epi and liked it a lot. It was surprise, surprise and more surprise all the way...😲

Edited by Aahaana - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Woah what an episode...from the trailers i knew she had witnessed a murder so I assumed that when the started her hiding away it was the murder ,,,oh boy was i totally wrong..rarely i am and in this case it was a full circle of an episode.. It was a totally action packed with the storyline so fastly paced that if you missed a scene you were sure to have lost track of of the show very quickly. For a pilot a lot was accomplished so not sure what we have in store and if it can be similiarly paced.Right now its like we are on the edge of a mystery and here i was thinking it was a social drama

Sarah Geller...she somehow did not rise outside the buffy role ...it felt like buffy and somewhere as bridget it was fine. However as Shioban I thought she lacked the sophistication . Since she is right now bridget it is fine however I hope she can put more life into the role.The dialogues seemed so bland between the sisters and it was good that they did not have us bored to death between the two. The end part where the realization of Siobhan being alive was where I saw some potential in her.

When the trailers were on i was like woohoo it has kristoffer polaha ,,,now i have to watch it ...however for his fans it was a disappointing episode as he was sidetracked apart from just establishing the truth of shiabon;s extramarital affair. Another third wheel role for kristoffer so cannot wait to see more of him.

Somewhere although it was a fast paced epsiode there are times when you did feel it was a hasty edit. The pacing could have been better ..the time that Gellar spends staring could have been used wisely in establishing the connection between teh sponsor malcolm or the mistrial of the case . Waiting for the the future episodes as there were so many unanswered questions in my mind. What really is Siobhan's intention? What was the real status of her marriage?How will Bridget manage to keep Henry at bay? Will she continue to dorn her hairstyle and not hte updo that Shiabon had ? Who was Sean and what was the real reason for the rift between the sisters for one not to acknowledge the presence of the other.
Aahaana thumbnail

It was surprise all the way...and i liked gellas come back to television. I agree she was not quite convincing as Shioban. Maybe she will improve over the time.

I think her hubby and her has some kind of marriage deal, both are acting in front the society but otherwise, their marriage is broken.

Maybe its the husband who wanted to get her killed🤔  and she was aware and used her sister to save herself😳 But too bad for her, her sister survived and crewed up her plan😉

There's too much suspense between Sioban and Bridget's life and Shaun could have been  Sioban s son but he died accidentally under Brigdes care hence the  rift between the sisters??🤔

OodlesDoodles thumbnail
I too initally thought the marriage was a false pretense for the society however  if thats the case then the husband did not seem to be worried about the pregnancy which seemed odd.  Did he know that it was Henry's so was that an act to make Henry jealous?

Ya it could be that husband wanting to kill but me wants to think that Siobian is trying to kill 2 birds with one stone. By killing Siobian for society she gets to be free from her marriage and two she takes revenge on her sister for killing Sean. I have a feeling that's why she invited Bridget over so easily without any hesitation. I  also think there is something in that letter that the FBI agent got that may give us clues to what really Siobhan was thinking.

Although I knew Bridget would take on Siobhan the whole identical twins I just feel that Bridget should have just thought over it instead of jumping to assume the identity. Also now Malcolm knowing it has him in trouble not sure how much malcolm will be able to hide given marcawi is already keeping tabs.

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
saw the first episode and I LOVED it...I am a huge SMG fan so it was a delight to see her on TV again. I agree she needs to work at Siobhan but she was great none the less...I loved the secrets, cant wait to see more

I think this year's TV season looks amazing...so many good shows
hopper_ocean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks dear meli for this link and thanks for introducing Ringer. Hv watched Ringer first episode and enjoyed it so much. Wud be back later with comments. Now rushing off to work ðŸ˜Š
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Comments on 2nd episode

It started just where it left off and one of the rare continuations we got to see. I was looking to find answers instead this was another cat and mouse episode.

Now although bridget has figured even with the threat in her life hers was a less complicated and dangerous one compared to Siobhan;s. Jumping into the decision hastily now has her tied down even if she wants to leave it behind to go to malcolm.

Again my poor henry did not get any air time..as per the credits he is second however even this epsiode is all siobhan . They have hardly gone into detail of any person . Hence it feels rushed at times as just when we think we will learn more it gets to another scene.

The questions still there ..what really was her marital status...its total opposite portrayal than last week? Andrew loved S but S did not reciprocate because she was in love with H.  Also just because juliet felt sick it becomes difficult ot believe that she could have such a change of heart so soon. To  want a person who she hated or dislike to stay behind not knowing anything about S maybe spinning the story too soon
-Nadii- thumbnail
Lol Meli Yahan bhi..)
Yup I watched epi 1 but didnt get time for 2nd, Going to catch it tonight..:)
Im really happy to catch SMC back after Buffy,
.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I have watched both the episodes and i must admit i am intrigued by this drama more after watching the 2nd episode. Seems like Siobhan has a plan for her sister and has knowingly put her in this position, whilst she runs away from the situation with lots of money to her name, but oh well Bidget put the spanner in the works in that.  I wonder what Siobhan will do know to get her out of this situation as she is without any money now.  Looking forward to the next episode! more secrets will get unravelled

BTW how many episodes are there for the 1st Season?
Aahaana thumbnail

Julu,

CW have ordered 13 episodes to begin with, but if the ratings are high, they may order full season😛