Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Alamelu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
fantastic...does notmatter how she got him to come, she did and that is what counts...can he not see that she is sooo sweet and caring ... hope he realizes it soon and we get to see more communication between them...
pop77 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Finally both Notice eachother..& said different then fight..I hope Next convo which simple but friends..
-bansi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Waiting for the net part..!!

update soon..!!
Water. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Please update soon...
waiting..😳
dimpzz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey soumya!!

update soon! waiting!😃
Cutee999 thumbnail
loved it...

plz update soon... precap seems very interesting 😆.
anu0426 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hi Soumya,

I liked ur ff...read all in a single go...sweet concept...
waiting for the next part...
can u pls add me to ur pm list...

Anupama
JayaR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Lovely update Soumya...

pickle6586 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Hello Everyone,

Okies, here we go, First the update, then some bakbak...!!!!!!! 😆😆😆 Oh btw, I will be sending the PM's a littlle later. Have some work to do now...!!!!!

Chapter 10

"Daadima, dinner le aau aapke liye?", asked Geet.

"Haan Beti, that would be great", she said, "Thanks darling", she added.

"it's okay daadima", she said, smiling and looked at Maan, as though expecting an answer for him.

"I'll get it myself", he said and she replied instantly",I was not even offering, Mr. Khurana" and walked away.

Maan closed his eyes angrily and Daadima along with a few others in the group giggled. He threw an angry look at all of them, and all of them looked different directions and continued to giggle. Maan walked away and joined Dev. Both of them had dinner together. Maan got back to the outhouse after wishing everyone in the family a "good-night".

Geet walked back to her bedroom too, after helping Nt set everything back to normal and clear most of the stuff away. Both of them were extremely tired. Geet was in no mood to change and she was tired, but not sleepy. She opened the windows in the room and let the cool breeze flow in. She stood by the wondow and looked outside. The lawn view made her feel pleasant and she relaxed on the window and enjoyed the silence and tranquility for sometime. As her eyes moved around the lawn, her eyes rested on a building called as the"outhouse" of the Khurana Mansion.

The lights were still on and Geet smiled. She knew he would be working. She hit her head slightly and thought, "Geet, use kuch aur aata hain kya, kaam ke ilawa?" She continued staring. She wished to see him, but then she realized she was expecting too much and dreaming too much. Why was she expecting so much from him or dreaming so much about him? She knew that her attraction to him, was only temporary and would be gone, once she left the mansion. Then why was she even thinking that much about him, when the feeling is not permanent and would never materialize. While she thought about which direction her attraction would lead her, she saw Maan come out of the room, into the verandah of the outhouse, in the first floor. Geet looked at him. He was talking on phone. She stared at him, thoroughly observed his moves, his gestures. He was strong, both physically and mentally. She saw him, finish his call and rest on the wall. He too, seemed to enjoy the gentle wind.

Geet kept looking at him and Maan looked at the sky and the stars. They did not realize for how long they had stood that way. Geet was not ready to go in until Maan made his way into the outhouse. Maan, too was not sleepy and hence stood there looking around for quite a long time. Maan finally went in but Geet hoped he would come back again. She stood there for ten minutes and when she saw the lights turn off, in the outhouse, she made a gloomy face, changed and went to bed. She tried to understand, what made her feel so much for Maan, when all he did was insulting her, taunt her, and scold her. She rolled around in bed but could not sleep. She was getting restless. She wanted to talk to her best friend Niharika. She searched for her phone, but did not find it. She realized it was in the outhouse and she had not collected it back. She banged her head to the cushion in frustration. She wanted to call from the landline, but she was not sure if Niharika would recognize the number and take her call. She looked at the time, and it was 2:30 am.

"Babaji, ab kya karun? Yeh kaisi musibat hain", she thought, sitting on her bed, with her legs crossed and her pillow in her lap. She switched on the light and thought of studying for sometime. She remembered that she had a test that following day, in college and she had not prepared. She tried studying and fortunately for her, succeeded, too. She studied until 6:55am and did not notice the time. She saw the sunlight lighten up her room and that's when she realized she had not slept all night.

She knew there was no point sleeping now and hence got ready early and left to college by 8:30am. She sat in the cafeteria and waited for niharika. But by the time, Niharika was there, Geet was sleeping on the table, with her head resting on it.

Niharika woke her up, saying, "kya hua theek se nahin soi kya?"

"Haan, us Maan Khurana ne sone nahin diya!", she said, in deep sleep.

"Kya?", asked Niharika, loudly and Geet jumped up in her chair.

A couple of other students looked at them and Niharika apologized. She turned to Geet immediately and told her to wash her face first. Geet lazily got up and went to the loo and freshed up. Niharika ordered for some coffee for the both of them. Geet sat opposite to her, but looked extremely sleepy.

"Kya keh reh thi tu?", asked Niharika.

"Sahi keh reh thi. I don't understand what's happening. But I cant get him out of my mind", said Geet, sipping the coffee.

"Geet, I told you not to hate anyone so much. "Hate", is a strong word to use and a very strong feeling, honey", told Niharika.

"I don't hate him, Niharika", told Geet.

"What do you mean?", asked Niharika, looking dubiously at Geet.

"I mean ki, yeh nafrat nahin ho sakti. I feel like seeing his everytime, though I'm scared to stay around him. I feel like touching him, though he only hurts me. I feel good when he talks to me, though he always ends up hurting me or insulting me", she said, with a confused look on her face.

Niahrika rolled her eyes and said, "Geet, you're losing it. Tum poori tarah se pagal ho gaye ho. What are you talking? Do you even understand what you are saying?"

"No, I don't. That's why I need your advice. I dunno what I'm doing and why I'm doing".

"hmm. Btw, where is your phone?", she asked, "I tried calling you, so many times, but it was switched off"

"Hmm, unke paas hain", said Geet.

Niharika took a deep breath and asked, "Geet, is phone the only thing, with him or do you think you have left some other valuable of yours with him?"

Geet looked up at Niharika, while Niharika smirked. Geet hit her hand with her bag and said, "Mazaak soojh raha hain?"

"Kyun? Itna gussa kyun aa raha hain? Kahin tumne us dusht daanav ke paas, apna dil ko chod ke nahin aayi?", she said, laughing.

"dusht daanav nahin, dhak dhak. Yaar hot lag rahan tha kal. Gusse mein koi itna sexy lagta hain, yeh main nahin jaanti thi", said Geet, going to her dream world again.

Niharika held her head, in her hands, not knowing what to do. She hit Geet on her head this time, with her bag and said, "Oh madam, exams are coming? Yaad hain na? ya maan khurana ke chakar mein who bhi bhool gayi? Yaad rakhna, exams mein fail hui na, tuo maan khurana tera shakal bhi nahin dekhega".

"Kyun? Pyaar marks se thodi na hoti hain? Pyaar tuo dil se hoti hain", she said, remembering Maan's smile and his wink again.

Niharika got up her chair and took her bag and was about to walk away. Geet held her back, "where are you going?"

"Im extremely sorry, Ms. Geet Handa, main aapki koi maddat nahin kar sakti".

"Who bhi aise hi bhulaate hain, gusse mein, "Miss Geet Handa", aankhein bade bade karke", she said, smiling.

Niharika felt like slapping Geet but controlled the temptation and sat down beside her. She put her bag aside and called her.

"Geet, this is important and we have to sort it out", she told her, seriously.

Geet looked at Niharika's face change red and knew the seriousness in the topic Niharika was about to discuss. Niharika's face was very expressive. She could never hide her feelings and her face would exactly tell, what she was thinking in her mind. Geet understood this and paid attention to her.

"Geet, All this while, I have been assuming that you are joking around, whenever you spoke about how Maan khurana looks or what effect he has on you. Nevertheless, I realized that the problem is beyond being a joke now. Geet do you understand the seriousness of the situation?"

"Can you be more clear?", asked Geet.

"Geet, why do you think you showed no interest in going to Singapore?", she asked, point blank.

"Because I wanted to finish my exams, else my entire semester would go a waste", she said.

"Right! Therefore, that is your priority Geet- to finish your semester successfully. And that is exactly why you are staying with the Khurana's- to reach your goal of finishing your semester and taking exams, not becoming their bahu".

"Bahu? Hello, I never dreamt of becoming Khurana's bahu. Chi!", she said, irritated. "Tumne soch kaise liya ki main us Maan Singh Khurana se shaadi karungi?"

"Kyunki jis tarah se tum baat kar rahe ho, lag tuo wahin raha hain", said Niharika, finishing her coffee.

Geet stared at Niharika as though she had spoken a very disguxting truth.

"Don't stare, Geet! I'm glad you still remember you are here for a purpose. Don't forget that. Now lets go to the library. We have loads to study and you're wasting time", she yelled.

"Okay. Lets go. I'm going to get serious now and focus only on my exams", said Geet, with a determined look on her face.

"Good! We can talk about Maan Singh Khurana, after the exams", said Niharika, winking.

"Not now, not after the exams, Never!", said Geet, getting up from her chair,
"That man will not take up my time anymore".

Niharika looked, as Geet walked away and smiled. "Baby, you're trying too hard to forget him and that's exactly why you are not able to take your mind off him. God bless you and God bless me", thought Niharika, walking behind Geet, to catch up with her.

Niharika and Geet studied in the library for sometime and then went to class. They had a review test that day. She was excited that she had prepared for the test. She got her test sheet. The test was for one hour. She looked at the questions and she went blank. She could not recollect anything she had studied. She tried as hard as possible, but could not. After 45 minutes of trouble, she could only answer2 out of 5 questions and guessed all the MCQ's randomly. She came out of class, with tears in her eyes and Niharika tried to console her, but she walked away. She took a cab and got back home.

Nakul saw her walk into the main gate and told her in the lawn that no one was at home. She sat on the swing in the lawn and cried. She felt disappointed and down. She did not observe anything that was happening around her. She felt someone come and sit beside her but she did not pay attention.

"Chocolate chahiye", asked a sweet female voice.

Geet did not turn to look at her, but plainly refused.

"Oh you're crying. Sorry, I guess you need a tissue right now", said that girl again. "yeh lijiye", she said, offering the tissue.

Geet looked at the issue and at the person who was holding the tissue. She saw a young girl, thin, fair and beautiful, dressed in a spaghetti top and short skirt sit beside her.

"Ji, aap kaun?", asked Geet, wiping her tears.

"Woh baad mein. Pehle aap yeh chocolate lijiye. Lijiye Lijiye. Accha hain, Lindt Swiss thins, dark chocolate. Aapka mood ek dum theek ho jaega", she said.

Geet smiled at her faintly and took one of those. "Thanks", she said.

"No problem. Waise aap roh kyun rahe the?", she asked.

"Who mera exam kharaab ho gaya, tuo mujhe samajh mein nahin aaya ki kya karu"

"Isiliye aap rona shuru ki?", she said, smiling, "You know what? A person who is very close to me, tells me that crying is a sign of weakness"

Geet immediately recollected Maan's words when he had told her, in the same lawn that he hated it when someone cried and it was a sign of weakness.

"Exam kharaab hua tuo aap kyun ro rahe hain?", she said.

"Haan, sahi kahan. Us professor ko rona chahiye jo tumhein padata hain, aur tumhara answer sheet correct karega", said Maan, from behind.

Both the women got up from the swing and looked at him. He had a sarcastic smile on his face and this other girl ran to him and hugged him.

Geet looked on, astonished, with her insides boiling. "I missed you, Darling", he told her and kissed her forehead.

"I missed you too, Maan Veerji", she said and hugged him, again.

The words "Maan Veerji", got some relief to Geet's already disturbed life. Both of them then walked to Geet, who did not want to make any eye contact with them. The last thing she wanted to do right now, was to talk and be taunted by Maan.

"Main aapse baad mein milti hoon", she told that girl and was about to walk away, when that Girl stopped her.

"Ek minute. Btw, I am Kiara, Maan's sister", she said, and held her hand forward for a handshake.

Geet smiled and said, "I'm Geet" and shook her hand with Kiara. Maan watched as both the women exchanged introductions and smiles.

Geet told Kiara, "I'll catch up, with you later. I need some sleep now"

Kiara nodded and said, "Don't worry about the exam. There's always a next time. You'll feel fine, if you get some sleep. In case you don't, then come to my Veerji, he'll give you a nice lecture on staying focused and not being upset over small things. And trust me, after that you will never lose hope or feel upset with anything".

Geet thought, "Hayye Babaji, mere pareshaani ki wajah hi yeh insaan hain, aur yeh mujhe lecture denge? Aap bhi na, khamaal ke taqdeer likhte ho, jahan meri har problem Maan Khurana se shuru ho kar, solution bhi, Maan Khurana pe khatam hota hain".

Geet simply nodded and walked slowly towards the mansion, while Maan and Kiara were heard talking about various issues.

"I came just now, Veerji. And since it is a surprise, I did not tell anyone. And everyone at home, surprised me, by not staying at home", she said, irritated and Maan laughed. Geet was surprised, he actually laughed.

"Oh he can laugh", she thought as she walked towards the mansion.

"Then I saw Geet crying, so I went to talk to her and you came by then", she said and continued telling something else, but Geet was already out of the audible range, so did not bother.

Geet walked into her bedroom and threw her bag aside. She fell onto her bed and rolled away to sleep, with tears rolling down her eyes. she woke up at 3pm and realized she was at home. She freshed up and went to the outhouse to get her home and she saw Maan's car parked outside.

"God!", she thought and walked into the outhouse. She saw him, sitting by the fountain in the portico and working on his laptop. Geet quietly walked to the helpers who were watering the plants and asked for her phone.

"Yahan hain", he answered, pointing to the table beside him.

She walked towards him and was about to take it, when he grabbed it away from her reach. She stood up straight and looked at him, "Phone dijiye, warna'"

Maan cut her saying, "Warna kya? Rona shuru karoge? Tum aur kar bhi kya sakte ho?", he said, putting his laptop aside.

"Dekhiye mujhe aapse koi behas nahin karni. Dijiye phone", she requested.

Before Maan could answer, the phone rang and Maan looked at the caller ID, it read "Nihu Darling". Maan smiled and Geet grabbed the phone.

She took the call and Maan spoke up immediately, in a loud audible tone, "Geet darling, tumhari friend se kaho, hume baar baar disturb na kare. I dont like to be disturbed, honey, when I am with you".

Geet looked at him surprised and Niharika spoke up, "Geet kaun hain?"

Geet answered, "Niharika, I'll call you back" and before she could reply, Geet hung up.

"what do you think about yourself, Mr. Khurana?", she asked, angrily, putting her phone on the table.

Maan laughed and Geet got infuriated and asked him the same question again. Maan, to Geet's fury, laughed even louder and said, "Haan, Mazaa aa gaya".

Geet walked towards him and held his shirt and pulled him closer. It was Maan's turn to get angry and surprised now.

"Samaj the kya hain, aap, apne aap ko?", she said, holding onto his shirt, standing closely to him. "Itna pareshaan kyun karte hain, mujhe?"

Maan held Geet's hands and told her, "Geet darling, tension mat lo. Sab theek ho jaega", with a lopsided smile.

Geet closed her eyes for a fracture of a second and Maan pushed her away.

"Jao jaake padhai karo. Mujhse argue karoge tuo koi faida nahin", he told.

Geet who was already very furious, walked to him again, and pushed him, onto the couch and bent over him. Their faces were inches away and Maan told her, "Geet, what are you doing? Have you lost it? Move away"

"I'm not listening to anything you tell me, Mr. Khurana. You listen to me, today. Its your turn. I have taken every taunt and every insult. I can't take anymore. Its hurts when you speak sometimes, but I still don't say anything. Not because I can't, but because, somewhere at the corner of my mind, some small voice tells me that you saved my career and future from being completely destroyed. I don't know why you hate me so much, but I will always be grateful to you and your family for allowing me to stay in your mansion".

She then looked into those eyes that looked a little guilty now. She found herself slowing melting into those beautiful expressive eyes and Maan looked at her, intensely.

She went very close to his face and asked him, "Maan, why do you hate me so much?"

"Geet, this is not the time to discuss all that. You have exams coming", he said, turning his face away from hers, trying to increase the distance between their faces.

Geet continued to look at him, with a gloomy face. Maan slowly moved her hand away from her neck and made her sit, beside him, in the couch. He got up, while Geet continued to look at him.

"Here's your phone. Take it. And go back to the mansion", he said, picking up the laptop.

He did not look at her. He took his phone and laptop and walked away upstairs. Geet heard the door of his room, close.

Okies, that's it as far as the update is concerned, people.

Thanks once again for the lovely comments. there are two important things that i need to discuss right now, so plz read:

1) I will send the PM's for this update a little later. Have some work to do now.
2) this is very important. I am not sure how many of you, read my FF and how many of you dont, as far as my PM list is concerned. Hence, I'd like to modify it, a little. So plz, hit the LIKE button, for this update, without fail if you wish to continue receieving PM's for updates, related to this FF. Accordingly, I will delete the others, from the PM list. I have some 350+ in the PM list and that makes it very tedious, if I do not know who actually reads the FF.
Thanks!
Dont forget to hit the LIKE button, if you want to receive further PM's regarding this FF. Dont hesitate, if you dont wish to receive PM's. It will just make my life and your life, a little easy. 😆😆😆😆😆😆

Soumya
Edited by pickle6586 - 12 years ago
mishti4maan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
amazing update!!!!!!!!!!! plzz cont soon
Edited by mishti4maan - 12 years ago