Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
I understand that the Khans are not playing their age on screen. But if they don't, who will? We don't have that many young talented actors. That's why am so excited to see Ranveer's work. I think this guy is gonna be something to look out for. Ranveer, Ranbir, Shahid, and Imran that's it. These are the only young actors that the audience accepted in bollywood. And I say they are not enough young actors in b town. Am not supporting the khans not playing their real age on screen, but I see why they do it!

And about the topic: WHy should the khans retire when they have the most fans? It's their films that rule bollywood.
Edited by beboholic - 13 years ago
Easy_A thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gobsmacked

why are we being such ageists? Does it matter how old they are as long as they do a good job of what they are supposed to?

Just to clarify, I was not criticizing the Khans because they're old. When we have AB Sr. still playing lead, it would be too rich to gun down the Khans who are only in their 40s. What irks me is the huge gap between their and their female costar's ages. Things are rather lopsided in that corner. I mean, I wouldn't mind watching SRK/Sallu/Aamir in an action thriller or even a rom com (provided they're not playing college students) but the least they can do is cast an actress of around their age...to keep things balanced between the two leads. Unfortunately, the females cast opposite them are almost always in their early 20s and when the three Khans romance those young girls, some of who used to watch their movies as a kid, I can't help but cringe.

Edited by _VERSACE_ - 13 years ago
Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
dude, I say, pls retire when you hit 40 tag from the job and well as from the forum:):P