Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EBasso thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Opti

Excellently put Dee. In order to make one cahracter shine, it is not necessary to put down the other character. We have seen the CVs repeatedly do this to Geet, especially post Maaneet marriage.  The current track has not done much to give us an insight inot the workings of Geet's mind and we want to hear what exactly her thoughts were.  Only then the balance can be restored.  As you said they stretched this for far too long that any explanation for her behaviour may sound hollow but they can still get her out of the hole they have put her in if they focus on her insecurities. She always felt that she may not match up to him because of her past and it was her past which drove a wedge between them although for completely diffferent reasons. Maan could not digest what Dev did to her and his presence in their house, around her whipped up his own insecurities and disgust for the man.

His helplessness to put him away also made things worse for him. He couldn't confide his feelings to Geet because she herself was recovering from a painful MC but he could not bottle up his feelings any longer after what he heard and witnessed.   The words he uttered were harsh and could have triggered Geet's own insecurities in their relationship. Just as Maan could not voice his insecurities, Geet could not voice hers too as she herself is to get a full grip of it.  Earlier the baby was a binding factor. With the baby gone, she could wonder whether Maan truly loves her and treats her as his equal.  His harping on the differences in their blood and that he cannot care less could have made her feel trully parayi.  His question to her as to what magic Dev wove around her could have been taken as a veiled slur on her character although that may not have been Maan's original intention.

While he did ask her forgiveness, he did not until Saturday tell her how much he needs her.  Now that he has, this is a perfect opportunity for her to introspect on those words and tell herself, she punished herself and him for so long because she did not know for sure whether he needed her as much as she needed him. She did not want him to accept her because he was obliged to do so, as now she was his wife. She wanted him to accept her because he respected and loved her as much as she loved and respected him.  While she saw the extent to which he was willing to go to suffer humiliation to get her back, she was confused as to whether it was his stubborness in not accepting defeat at any cost which prompted him to act this way or he really cared enough for her to do anything to get her back into his lifel, Maan did not help his cause much by saying that he knows she loves him and will come back to him.  This to her sounded like his arrogance speaking although it may have just been a statement of fact that he was making. 

Now that he himself has so candidly put in words just what she means to him, she has no reason to doubt his love any more and she is willing to accept him back.  

It is necessary that Geet voices these thoughts either to herself or to Maan so that her character can be put on track. Human beings are plagued by insecurities. So it is not a big crime that Geet too suffered from her own set of insecurities but this needs to be put up front so that the story can move from there. 

WOW Opti - thank you for going thru my post and what you wrote above is brilliant. It's totally mind boggling how the character graph of Geet has deteriorated in the last 4 months. Along with Maan's character consistency, that's one other thing that's consistent in the show. Geet's character's inconsistency!! Haha is that too much usage of the word consistent? LOL!

Anyway, the point being, I am okay with listening to her POV and not agreeing to it. Like you said, she is human and has a right over her weaknesses and insecurities. But want to hear at least SOMETHING out of her mind. Just want to be able to relate to her again! Feel her pain again!

EBasso thumbnail

My two cents on today's episode!!

Best episode? It wasn't even mediocre!!! It fell FAR below expectations and hopes and wishes! Koi in logo ko samjhaao bhaio aur behno, ki sirf romance se life nahi chalti!!! URRG!! What a mockery made of DIVINE LOVE!

Summary: In today's episode we saw cinematic brilliance with a lot of cinematic liberties. The episode was beautiful. The ambiance was magnificent. The effect was mesmerizing. The words of the letter were awe-inspiring. The voice modulation of Maan while narrating the words was irresistible. The pigeons added to the overall effect. The actors look simply gorgeous. The pain in Geet's eyes along with her love, the inner battle, the feeling of loss against herself, care, devotion, concern for her love, was all too evident in her expressive eyes, her "chor" eyes. So then, why didn't I feel the magic, the romance, the connection?

Chalo, I'll go through the trouble of narrating the whole episode and what I felt at each scene, in the hope that I can get my point across clearly!

Cut to Scene 1:

Repeat scene from last week, Geet running fiercely and falling on the ground in agony: very effective, very moving.

MSK sneaking up from behind her: sizzling hot, dreamy and romantic.

The zoom in on the eyes and lips: way too played out and uncalled for in this situation.

Cut to Scene 2:

Maan starts narrating the letter.

Geet, yeh khat naa to tumse maafi maangne ke liye likha hai, aur naahi tumhe apne saath le jaane ki guzaarish karne ke liye: WHAT A BRILLIANT START TO THE LETTER!! SO UNEXPECTED!!! HOPES ARE NOW ESCALATED!!

Yeh khat, ek aakhri baar likha hai sirf tumhe yeh batane ke liye, ki main tumse, kitna pyar karta hoon Geet: OKAY WHAT? THAT'S WHAT YOU STARTED OUT WITH MAAN? I LOVE YOU? OKAY FINE, I GIVE YOU THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT MSK, BECAUSE THAT'S ALL I HAVE BEEN HEARING YOU SAY FOR SOO LONG. LET'S HOPE THE NEXT LINES ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT THE UNDERLYING ISSUE HERE. YOU CLOSING YOUR EYES WHILE SAYING "kitna pyar karta hoon" WAS VERY IMPACTFUL, SO I SHALL LET THIS ONE GO.

Yeh bataane ke liye, ki maan ki zindgi mein Geet ki kya jagaah hai: CHALO GETTIGN WARMED UP. GOOD GOOD, KEEP GOING!

Tumhare bina meri zindgi adhoori hai Geet. Haan Geet. Agar tum meri zindgi mein nahi rahogi, toh zindgi koi maayne nahi hai Geet. Haan: WHAT? HAVEN'T WE HEARD THIS BEFORE? IN A MUCH BETTER SITUATION? I AM NOW GETTING THIS EERIE FEELING THAT THIS LETTER IS GOING TO TURN OUT TO BE A COMPOSITE OF ALL THE CLASSIC LINES MSK HAS EVER SAID TO GEET. NOT LIKING IT SO FAR.

Cut to Scene 3:

Geet, maine is jahaan ki saari khoobsoorat cheezo mein, sirf tumhe hi dekha hai. Har baat, har zarre mein sirf tumhara hi to zikr hota hai Geet. Chand se chandni ke bare mein poocho, toh tumhara hi zikr karta hai. Phool se khushboo ke bare mein phoocho, to tumhari mehek, mere sine mein sama jaati hai Geet. Geet, bas ek baar phir se, meri zindgi ko apni saanso se mehka do Geet:  REALLY? NO SERIOUSLY? MAIN SHAAYAR TO NAHI, MAGAR AI GEET, JAB SE BHAAGI, TU MUJH SE DOOR, MUJH KO, SAB KUCH AA GAYA!!! SHAYARI, GOL GAPPA, KUSHTI, DRIVERY KUCH BHI KARNE KO TAIYAR HAI HAMARE BUSINESS TYCOON MAAN SINGH KHURANA! AISI BAATE MAAN KO SIKHAAI KISNE? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CONFESSION? AREN'T THEY GOING THROUGH A MISUNDERSTANDING? AGAR MEIN APNE PATI SE GUSSA HOTI YA BAHOT HURT HOTI, TOH USKI CHIKNI CHUPDI BAATO SE MERA DIL PHISAL JAATA KYA? NOT ME, NOT WITHOUT GETTING A FULL UP EXPLANATION FROM BOTH SIDES, OF THE ACTUAL PROBLEM! 😑😑😑

Maan in Geet's lap: SURREAL! UNIQUE! BEAUTIFUL!

Geet, dil toh karta hai jaise mein tumhe, Sooraj, chaand, aur phoolo ki nazron se door hataa ke, apne sine mein choopa loon. Aur jee bhar kar tumhe pyar karta rahoon: TALKING ABOUT PYAR KARING, AGAIN! OKAY FINE, ME CHUP BILKUL CHUP. MAAN KO HI BOLTE REHNE DETE HAI!

Maan wiping Geet's tears: Eh, effective enough! Not breathtaking but not too bad!

Geet, jab mein tumhari aankho mein aansoo dekhta hoon na, to aisa lagta hai jaise mera dil, katra katra hokar in aansuon mein beh jaayega: HAAYE, NOW THIS WAS ORIGINAL. NEVER HEARD THIS BEFORE. THIS FELT LIKE IT CAME TOTALLY FROM THE HEART. THIS FELT LIKE IT BELONGED. IT RELATED TO THE SITUATION. LOVED THIS AS ONE OF THE VERY FEW GREAT DIALOGUES OF TODAY'S EPISODE. WOW! OVERPOWERING LIKE THE OLD DAYS. JUST LOVELY! I AM OVERLY EMPHESIZING THIS ONE DIALOGUE BECAUSE IT'S A NEW CLASSIC OF GEET THAT WILL PROBABLY JUST GET BURIED IN THE REST OF THE OVERLY MELODRAMATIC DIALOGUES OF TODAY. UNFORTUNATE!

Cut to Scene 4:

Pigeons on the shoulder: AMUSING YET PLEASING TO THE EYES!

Geet, agar mujhe pata hota, ki tumhara haath mere haatho ki pahonch se, kaafi door chala jaayega, toh mein tumhara haath pal bhar ke liye bhi nahi chodta. Par kudrat ko bhi kya manzoor tha, yeh kisse pata. Aur bas, tum mujh se door chali gayi: BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN BARRY! HATS OFF. IF THIS WAS INTERMINGLED IN A HEART TO HEART CONFESSION, THE IMPACT OF THIS LINE WOULD HAVE BEEN OUT UNEARTHLY! BUT HERE, IT CREATED NO RIPPLES!

Cut to Scene 5:

Geet taking the letter from his feet, Maan coming very close to her, and then brushing her hair with his fingers: UNIQUE POSITIONING AND BEAUTIFUL CINEMATOGRAPHY. CREATIVITY AT ITS BEST.  BUT THE ORANGE BALLS HAVE GOT TO GO.

Agar mere dil ko is baat ka zaraa bhi ehsaas hota Geet, ki tumhara chehra, mere dil se door ho jaayega, toh mein tumhe sine se laga kar, puri zindgi guzaar leta. Saans bhi itne hole se leta, ki hamaare darmiyan faasle na hote: BARRY JI LAGTA HAI AAP KO MAAN KE SINE SE BAHOT PYAR HAI, SO FAR 3 DIALOGUES MADE USE OF HIS SINA LOL! JOKES APART, BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN DIALOGUE BARRY, JUST SIMPLE BLISS. HOWEVER, IT FAILED IN CHOOING OUR "SINA" BECAUSE THIS CONFESSION IS MISSING A VERY VITAL PIECE. THE ACTUAL PROBLEM THAT STARTED THIS WHOLE ORDEAL IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

Cut to Scene 6:

HUG WAS REFRESHING. HIS EYES STILL KILL. HE ACTUALLY KISSED HER EAR! ALL WINNERS! BUT WAY TOO MUCH ZOOM IN ON THEIR LIPS LOL! IT'S LIKE EVEN THE GEET TEAM MEMBERS ARE NOW SERIOUSLY CRAVING A KISS. πŸ˜†

Agar mujhe khwab mein bhi yeh mehsoos hua hota, ki tumhara yeh chehra, meri nazron se door jo jaayega, to mein zindgi bhar in palko ko, jhapakne nahi deta Geet. Umra bhar ke liye apni neend ko khareed leta Geet. Aur tumhe, apni nigaho ke saamne bithaye rakhta: REALLY? ISN'T THAT KIND OF PUSHING IT? AH WHATEVER!😑

DUPATTA SCENE - NOT REQUIRED, DID NOT CREATE THE NEEDED MAGIC HERE.

Mera pyar, meri zindgi, meri khushi, Mera Wajood! Sab kuch tumse hai Geet. Jeene ki wajaah tum ho Geet. Geet Maan ke bina kuch nahi. Aur Geet ke bina Maan kuch nahi. Bas! Ek hi tamanna hai Geet. Tumhe waapas pane ki. Agar aisa nahi hua na Geet, toh yeh Maan zinda nahi rahega! Mujhe meri jannat lauta do Geet. Meri Mishty Lauta do: NICELY WRITTEN BARRY, AND I HATE TO SOUND LIKE A BROKEN RECORD, BUT HAD HE SAID THE WHOLE DIALOGUE ABOVE, RIGHT AFTER THEY DISCUSSED THE ACTUAL ISSUE, IT WOULD HAVE CREATED SOOO MUCH IMPACT! THE LAST LINE WAS VERY SENSITIVELY WRITTEN. WOULD HAVE LOVED IT HAD IT BEEN PICTURIZED AFTER A PAINFUL AND HEART TWISTING MUTUAL CONFESSION. LIKE THE FIRST CONFESSION WHERE THEY PUT ALL THEIR ISSUES ON THE TABLE. WOH BHI AAP HI NE LIKHA THA NA BARRY? 

Cut to Scene 7:

Maan!!!!      FINALLY GEET'S SILENCE IS BROKEN! SO FRUSTRATING TO SEE THAT SHE GOT NOTHING TO SAY IN THE ENTIRE EPISODE! SOOO FRUSTRATINGGG!!! DO CVs AND THE GEET TEAM EVER LISTEN TO THEIR FANS? HAVE THEY STOPPED HEARING OUR SCREAMS? DO THEY CARE?

Mein zindgi bhar tumhara intezaar karta rahoonga Geet. Magar tumhare bagair, mein ghar waapas nahi lautunga. Har pal, har jagaah, har samay, bas tumhara intezaar karta rahoonga. Aaaj se nahi, balki abhi se. Mein abhi yeh zindgi tumhare intezaar ke naam karta hoon. Mein peeche wali kothi mein tumhara intezaar kar raha hoon Geet. Mera yeh intezaar ab meri zindgi ke saath hi khatm hoga, ya tumhare aane se. Faisla tumhare haath mein hai.

-Tumhara Maan.

HMM! NICELY WRITTEN AGAIN! GOOD WAY TO SWEETLY THREATEN HER! WITTY JUST LIKE MSK. SWEET JUST LIKE HIS UNDYING LOVE FOR HER. BUT THIS WOULD HAVE WORKED HAD HE SAID IT AFTER HE HEARD HER REFUSE TO GO WITH HIM DURING A DEBATE ABOUT THE ACTUAL MU.

Cut to Scene 8:

EVERYONE ELSE IN THE EPISODE FELT LIKE A NUISANSE TODAY! LUCKY'S ONE AND ONLY DIALOGUE ABOUT GAYAB GAYAB KHEL RAHE HAI, BROUGHT A CHUCKLE! TEJI'S CONCERN ABOUT HER DOING SOMETHING ILL TO HERSELF WAS WELL THOUGHT OUT. OTHER THAN THAT, IT WAS MERELY A FILLER. 

Cut to Scene 9:

FINALLY, A NEW KIND OF HUG. HAD BEEN WAITING FOR THIS KIND OF PASSION FOR A WHILE. LOVED THE HUG. FELT HER PAIN. FELT HIS BEKARARI. ALTHOUGH THE WHOLE EPISODE  DIDN'T MOVE ME. AND I HATED THE FACT THAT GEET GOT TO SAY ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I WAS ABLE TO PUT IT ALL ASIDE AND ENJOY THIS HUG.

PRECAP DOES NOT LOOK PROMISING!

GEET CONTINUES TO DISAPPOINT!

Edited by dtri - 13 years ago
LD-Radha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome post and as much as it hurts to admit, you're right. I also hope to see a proper Geet scene before the reunion tomorrow. Thanks for the post, I'm sure others appreciate the time and effort you've put into this as well.
EBasso thumbnail

Originally posted by: GeetHSP

Awesome post and as much as it hurts to admit, you're right. I also hope to see a proper Geet scene before the reunion tomorrow. Thanks for the post, I'm sure others appreciate the time and effort you've put into this as well.

Thank you dear - it will certainly be all worth while as soon as we get to see the two talking!!! 😳

Hopes are high! Can't wait for tomorrow's episode!
LD-Radha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: dtri

Thank you dear - it will certainly be all worth while as soon as we get to see the two talking!!! 😳

Hopes are high! Can't wait for tomorrow's episode!

Yes, DEFINITELY. Couldn't agree more😊
undisclosed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

liked your 2 bits dee...i guess this is the epi where maan got to say everything he should have said as soon as he found geet...he had to say these things..and yes...our dear geet has yet to say what she needs to say...i'm still rooting for them to address the issue that made geet leave in the first place...

EBasso thumbnail
Thanks syl babes that's exactly what has me all restless too.. when will they show the actual discussion?
EBasso thumbnail
Expecting Geet to start her ressurection today! Hopefully we are not disppointed!
--Nargis-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Ecellent post Dhanno...to date the CVs have killed the entire ESSENCE of the show.   First the social and moral message was killed at the hands of great chemistry and romance...and now the romance and chemistry is killed at the hands of BUTCHERED characterization.  

What more can we expect...lets just keep our fingers crossed!!

EBasso thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Nargis--

Ecellent post Dhanno...to date the CVs have killed the entire ESSENCE of the show.   First the social and moral message was killed at the hands of great chemistry and romance...and now the romance and chemistry is killed at the hands of BUTCHERED characterization.  

What more can we expect...lets just keep our fingers crossed!!

Nags my love I had my fingers crossed for sooo long I got arthiritis πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›

The point is - I have stopped crossing my fingers in hope for seeing some sensible logical improvement in the track. You summed it up so well babes. I am just watching this as a senseless brainless comedy track now with hint of non-moving romance!!!