Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: sindu555

loved the updates ...

I feel bad for Maan ... he's trying to distance himself from Geet but in the process he's hurting himself too...

continue soon babe

love
Sana

Yes, both Maan and geet are suffering because of Maan's confused state of mind. Will post the next update in a while.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: PaintedSky

"Over the last couple of months they had bonded well and moved from strangers to friends. Was he willing to take the next step to becoming her lover? He was not sure whether he wanted the status quo to be altered but was it not his fault for acting increasingly familiar with her and letting her build her hopes? How long was he planning to extend this platonic relationship? He did not have an answer to any of the questions. " 

these lines made me think like that. To me marriage is a bond that is forever. So, when ever two people got married they should at least give a chance to their relationship. As Maan in this ff is a very caring, self esteemed person and he is true to his relations and responsibilities so its obvious that he will also give Geet what ever she deserves. (well die hard fan of Maaneet, cant think ill or other way about them)😆

Loved the updates and waiting for the next update :)

Dont worry, Maan will make his marriage work. He just needs to clear his head.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Preethi-Premi

Hi Opti, this is the most down to earth Fanfic i have ever read. I am so loving the very normal life of Maneet.. Please PM me when you update this.

I think Maan is unsure because he is still thinking about his first love which i guess is Sameera...

Thanks. Do send me a buddy request so that I can PM you when I update. Lets see if your guess are right. 
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: PrithviSanyo1

awesome parts. love them.
geet loves maan deeply.
 maan also loves her may be but want to create distance between them,
Geet fulfill her all duty.
aahh arjun.
update soon.

Thanks Prithvi. Yes, Geet loves Maan. Maan has to figure out his feelings which he will in time. Arjun is my villian so he will behave like this and maybe even worse!
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: anuandavi

Why is Maan distancing from her.? I thought he also had started feeling for her?

You'll find out. Have patience. 
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: mrk_1

wow simply awsome one yaar

thanks.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: jazzerette

Nice updates...anticipating the next ones more to see where the story goes from here...

Thanks Jazzarette. Will post the next update in a while. Be prepared with your tissues if you have over working tear glands.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: preethia

hi opti r u gonna update now?

Yes, in a moment, Preethia
Opti thumbnail

Part XXV

The next major festival, Ganesh Chaturti, was fast approaching but the impasse in their relationship continued. Maan was not rude as he was on Raksha Bandhan day nor was he obstinate as he was on Dahi Handi day, but he had withdrawn more and more into his shell. His speech had reduced to monosyllables and he steadfastly avoided eye contact with Geet even while uttering these rare words. He constantly looked like he was battling with himself leaving Geet perplexed as to what to do. She tried her best to make things appear normal and hoped that the rest of the residents in the chawl did not notice the fissures in their relationship.  Her sessions with God increased for she knew that retrieving the situation was beyond her power. 

It was the eve of Ganesh Chaturti. The chawl was all decked up to welcome Lord Ganesha the next day.  The chawl lads were hanging up the serial bulbs on the trees lined up on the path leading up to the chawl when they realised they ran out of lights for one stretch of about three metres. One of them remembered that Maan bhaiyya had some serial bulbs at his place. So he ran up to his house and asked Geet if he can have the lights that Maan bhaiyya usually keeps on the top of his cupboard. Geet dragged a stool to the cupboard, climbed up and found the lights where the lad said they would be. As she brought them down, she knocked down something which fell with a thud. Looking down she saw a brown diary which had gathered considerable dust. As the lad was still waiting at the door, she handed over the serial lights to him and went back to the diary. Dusting it she was about to return it back to its place when she noticed some visiting cards which had spilled from the diary, lying scattered around. She gathered them together and was about to put them inside the diary when she inadvertently opened a page on which her name appeared. She did not have the habit of nosing through someone's diary but the mention of her name got her curious and she skimmed through the page first and later read it more thoroughly. Maan's scrawl and staccatoed style of writing was unmistakable. The page was dotted with doodles, expressing his anger as well as anguish.

April 8, 2009

Met her at the coffee shop today. Did not know how to break it to her but had to do it for Anwesha. Told her about Arjun's condition - that creep will accept Anwesha only if I accept his sister, Geet and hand him the share of property that will be transferred to me on marriage. Told her that I give a damn about the property. Did not want a single pie of Mohinder Handa's wealth. Am troubled more about ditching her after promising to marry her. Could have bashed up that creep and forced him to marry Anwesha but then will he keep her happy? I think not. He will make her life a living hell.  Couldn't see my sister suffer. Asked her what to do. Was expecting her to hit me, yell at me. But she surprised me with her calmness. She said that we were not meant to be and asked me to forget her.  Asked her if she could, but she did not answer, just left leaving me shattered. How can I forget her?  How can I stop loving a woman I had loved for the past ten years? For the first time I understand a lover's pain in losing the one he loves.

With her hands shaking uncontrollably, Geet dropped the diary. She slumped on the bed, her face ashen with shock. Along with the realisation that Maan had loved someone before marriage came a hundred questions which were chaotically running through her head. When Maan insisted she comes and lives with him in his chawl, was it because of Arjun's condition? She did not know that Arjun could stoop to this level.  Maan did not seem to have had much of a choice, for Anwesha's future was at stake and she knew he would do anything for his sister but how can he stop his heart from loving the woman he has loved for ten years? Does he still love her? Did her indirect confession of love scare him off?  Was it the reason why he was trying to distance himself from her?  If he did not want her in his life, why did he act very friendly with her? Why did he show he cared for her? Why did he let her build her dreams around him?

Strangely she did not feel angry with him, only disappointed that he did not tell her the truth. After all they did develop a special bond of friendship over the past two months. Could he not have told her about his past? When he came to know of her love, why did he not tell her that he cannot return her love because his heart was already taken? She would have gladly stepped aside, for his happiness meant the world to her. Why was he torturing himself and baffling her with his coldness? Who was this woman that Maan loved and most probably still does? The last question kept repeating itself in her head over and over again. She had to get it cleared somehow, but how to find out? Should she ask Maan? Will he tell her? She wasn't sure that he will. After all despite her repeated requests to confide in her his problem he refused to open up. Why would he confide in her now?  Then how will she find out about this mysterious girl?

Suddenly it struck her that the best person who could throw more light about Maan's past is Sameera. After all they had lived together in the same chawl for so many years. They also seemed to be good friends. Maybe Sameera will know about Maan's lover. Rubbing away the tears which had trickled down her cheeks, she got up and hurried towards Sameera's house. Reaching Sameera's place, she was about to push the door and enter in, when she stopped in her tracks hearing a familiar voice.

"I can't love her, Sameera. I can't love Geet." His voice sounded plaintive and desperate.

Before Geet could recover from the shock of hearing Maan's voice, through the crack in the door she saw Sameera reach out to Maan and hold his head in her hands, "Why Maan, why? Is it because you have still not forgotten our past?"

Geet felt that a dagger had just been driven right into her heart.

"Sameera?" she whispered, staggering out of there. As everything started to slowly sink in, she felt suffocated and nauseous and she felt compelled to get away from the place. She started running as fast as her legs could carry her. Reaching her house, she rushed in and took out her suitcase. As she pulled her clothes from the hangers, the plastic cover with her sketches fell out, scattering the contents on the floor. Maan's face from the sketches looked back at her. She closed her eyes tight, as the pain of seeing the face of the man she loved was unbearable. She did not pause to collect the sketches. She hurriedly threw her clothes into the suitcase and shutting it tight, she was about to leave.  She paused at the door step and returned back.  Taking out the notebook on which she wrote the monthly budget she left the remaining money for the month inside it. Tearing out a sheet of paper from the book she wrote down a brief note.

I am leaving. I will not stand in the way of your love. The remaining money for the month is left inside the notebook. I have paid the electricity bill and the milk man. The paper bill has to be settled. Have bought the provisions for the month and there is enough vegetables in the fridge to last this week.  The key to the front door is left on top of the fridge (under the cover). Take care.

Geet.

Sliding the corner of the note under the notebook so that it was visible, she left the notebook on the bed and picking up her suitcase, she left Maan's house for good with tears streaming down her eyes.

Continued here

Edited by Opti - 13 years ago
vrsharma thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Geet can't leave maan