Are we being selfish?

LaTuLa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi

Am I being selfish? and the answer is yes... especially if  we demand the show be ended, just  because of one person(Mishal).  Why should all other casts, technicians etc suffer.  Maybe this will be their opportunity to showcase their talents, which has in my opinion not been utilised by CV's very well.

Like many of you I have signed the petition, and  so has my family and friends  .  I am also ready to boycott the show until our demands are met. All this because I don't wont to let go of Dutta. I know in my heart that we will never come across a character like him again unless it is MR who is playing this role.  It is unfortunate that we are now demanding that LTL be brought to an end if we cant have MR as Dutta. Usually it is  the opposite, when fans are begging for their favourite show to continue or brought back and recent example being BP & Kitni Mohabat Hai.
But this does not mean that I am willing to let go so easily, we have to try, demand and threaten etc for the right people to change their minds.  If this does not happen then we have no option but to let go and wish everyone concerned the best for the future. If LTL continues then I wish it good luck, but to me it will be like any other show, which I will not get so connected with. Like someone said in another topic, my children and husband will be glad to have me back. 

Edited by LaTuLa - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Well maybe we are being selfish in wanting the show to end with MR's departure but then we want to remember it as a nice show and talk about it for long time...instead of these shows getting dragged without meaning endlessly....I think now it is a nice time to end the show even, with Dutta coming back and accepting Naku wholeheartedly for he has forgiven Seema and accepted his past as past...just my thoughts...
bookworm2 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: LaTuLa

Hi

Am I being selfish? and the answer is yes... especially if  we demand the show be ended, just  because of one person(Mishal).  Why should all other casts, technicians etc suffer.  Maybe this will be their opportunity to showcase their talents, which has in my opinion not been utilised by CV's very well.

Like many of you I have signed the petition, not once but 6 times with family and friends permissions.  I am also ready to boycott the show until our demands are met. All this because I don't wont to let go of Dutta. I know in my heart that we will never come across a character like him again unless it is MR who is playing this role.  It is unfortunate that we are now demanding that LTL be brought to an end if we cant have MR as Dutta. Usually it is  the opposite, when fans are begging for their favourite show to continue or brought back and recent example being BP & Kitni Mohabat Hai.
But this does not mean that I am willing to let go so easily, we have to try, demand and threaten etc for the right people to change their minds.  If this does not happen then we have no option but to let go and wish everyone concerned the best for the future. If LTL continues then I wish it good luck, but to me it will be like any other show, which I will not get so connected with. Like someone said in another topic, my children and husband will be glad to have me back. 

Nobody is indispensible!! How can one be so sure that an other actor will not be as good as MR in this role. We all forget that MR was nobody till he essayed this role. So if you think, the character of DP as sketched by the writer is itself so strong. Let him go if he wants to and let some other talented actor get an opportunity. As you said why should the rest of the team members suffer from the actions of one.
I believe the cast people will be competent one more time around to find a good replacement for DP. There need not be any plastic surgery or other insane reason. they  can just be honest and inform about the replacement of the actor. I think if the story is strong and the actor is talent, within no time we will forget MR.
I for one would like to see LTL go on!!

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Yes..I agree with Tin...there is enough time to tie the loose ends and close the show. Or else if they want the Naku-cop story Dutta must atleast vanquish his own demons rather than leaving it to Naku to deal with them. But I just dont want a Naku-cop story...I would rather they replace MR.
Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

@bookworm, I agree with you nobody is indispensible and another talented actor should get a chance....well this is serial, we have seen him for months now hence it is very difficult to replace the original actor who portrayed the role so convinsingly as it is our fault we will compare the old with the new even though the new may do a good job....we remember during KS days when Prachi was replaced, the actor who took over, Gurdeep, was also favourite of many but somehow she was never accepted as Bani.....

bookworm2 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: tintiny

@bookworm, I agree with you nobody is indispensible and another talented actor should get a chance....well this is serial, we have seen him for months now hence it is very difficult to replace the original actor who portrayed the role so convinsingly as it is our fault we will compare the old with the new even though the new may do a good job....we remember during KS days when Prachi was replaced, the actor who took over, Gurdeep, was also favourite of many but somehow she was never accepted as Bani.....

Think this way anyhow this serial will end.Whether MR leaves or If the new guy is not accepted  . So atleast lets see how the other actor does and then let the serial die. I am going to mention this one more time the character DP made MR popular not the other way round.
And also it is so unfair both to MR and the rest of the team. Just because the fan's are stubborn and unreasonable the whole team has to suffer ( a serial can be good only if every actor gives his/her best. No serial can survive with only one person's performance)
Will you stay at a job and not accept any other lucrative opportunities just because your colleagues like you in that role?
MR, if he leaves will definitely be missed. Yet I am open to any other good talented actor portraying DP.  The concept and story of LTL is awesome and i feel we should give the new person an opportunity and not demand for the end of this wonderful serial. I will definitely feel sad if they bring down the curtains just for the sake of one person.
Edited by bookworm2 - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: bookworm2

Think this way anyhow this serial will end.Whether MR leaves or If the new guy is not accepted  . So atleast lets see how the other actor does and then let the serial die. I am going to mention this one more time the character DP made MR popular not the other way round. Not really....it goes both ways....Dutta made MR popular and the WAY MR portrayed that character made it special....I for one wouldn't probably care much if it was any other actor playing it....I wouldn't be as taken with this character no matter how well it is written....this case of MR and Dutta is a very rare one on TV....a perfect combination of a well written character taken to a whole another level by the actor portraying it.....to me personally, it has never been this amazing before this.

And also it is so unfair both to MR and the rest of the team. Just because the fan's are stubborn and unreasonable the whole team has to suffer ( a serial can be good only if every actor gives his/her best. No serial can survive with only one person's performance)
Will you stay at a job and not accept any other lucrative opportunities just because your colleagues like you in that role?
MR, if he leaves will definitely be missed. Yet I am open to any other good talented actor portraying DP.  The concept and story of LTL is awesome and i feel we should give the new person an opportunity and not demand for the end of this wonderful serial. I will definitely feel sad if they bring down the curtains just for the sake of one person.

Really? Ok....let's think about it....how much fuel does LTL really have left in it anyways? The FR has happened....that was the trump card....the biggest turning point....all that is left to show is DN reuniting....after that this show will only be stretched past it's lifespan with typical daily soap fundas like Kala's brainless scheming, random third angles, random new gundas......so the concept will be pedestrian by then....and to make it worse there will either be a new face to Dutta (which will never match up to the charisma of the original) or there will a random new cop guy.....which will ruin the essence of the original love story of this show anyways....so what is really left? Why accuse ppl of being "unreasonable" for wanting this show to end while keeping the original essence alive? What is so wrong in wanting the ESSENCE of a story to be preserved?

LTL was special cuz of MR....yes the writing, direction, technical aspects all complimented and helped in making Dutta a memorable character but MR's ACTING talent was what made Dutta rise above the usual and become such a memorable character.....everything revolves around Dutta in this show...with him out...or giving a new face to him....the whole year of build up will be gone....it will be like a new show....and if that's the case, they might as well start a new show....let this story have its culmination and essence preserved till the end.

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Well...we all know Colors or PH wont end the show. If the show HAS to turn crap then it better still be Naku and Dutta rather than Naku and a cop. So I can tolerate MR being replace rather than Dutta being written off. Btw if Dutta is written off then most of the current cast too will have nothing to do as everyone's life revolves around Dutta.
Who knows if they cast one of the jobless actors who have a decent fan base(instead of casting a raw newcomer) and have all sorts of dramatic ektaish crap then the show can continue. Maybe most of us wont be seeing it...but most of the trp generating public loves crap so LTL might get a totally different audience.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: kshreya2002

Who knows if they cast one of the jobless actors who have a decent fan base(instead of casting a raw newcomer) and have all sorts of dramatic ektaish crap then the show can continue. Maybe most of us wont be seeing it...but most of the trp generating public loves crap so LTL might get a totally different audience.

Most likely this is indeed what will happen.....I would love for the petition to work but don't have much hope.....the producers will only look at their TRPs and profits.

@bold: Exactly....the crappier and more retarded a show gets, the higher the TRPs....LTL will likely find a new audience...the kind that already enjoys the usual crap on TV.....

What made LTL different, special....that essence will be gone forever.....so happy watching to the ppl who are used to watching the usual extremely average and senseless fare on TV.....LTL is headed in that direction if the show is continued after MR's exit.
mIsHeZ.x thumbnail
wel maybv r bein a lil selfish but dey cnt reli blame us 4 reactin dat way can dey...? especialy when ol dis hapend so unexpectedly...plus cvs should hav realisd dat v mainly here 4 Dutta..i wudn hav reactd lyk dis if it woz sum1 els leavin d show evn if it wz kala bt y did it had 2 b d protagonists!! cvs n mishal hav totali mesd up evrifn 4 us..v bak 2 d real world wich i ges no1 wantd..we ol stil wishd 2 b in tasha dreamland...cnt say enfn mor...sum of u myt say v r ova reactin bt im my point of view da cvs hav been rli insenstiv 2wrdz der loyal viewrs n hav left us wishin d dey myt as wel jus wrap up..wich tbh none of us wud eva dreama of wishin jus a while bak...😵😒 x