AR-FF THE BRIDESMAID'S BABY PROMO-PG23

harshikarocks thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey this is harshika ...inspired by u all i m here to share a fan fiction with u all...the idea is not mine but has been taken from a famous novel...hope u enjoy reading it nd guess the novel
⭐️⭐️

index
prologue - pg1
part 1       - pg1
part2       - pg2
part3       - pg3
part4       - pg4
part5       - pg5
part6       - pg6
part7       - pg7
part8       - pg8
part9       - pg10
part10     - pg12
part11     -pg16
promo    -pg23

Edited by harshikarocks - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

harshikarocks thumbnail
                                                         prologue

A party was in full swing at Tambaroora.The homestead was ablaze with lights nbrightly coloured chinese lanterns glowed in the gardens.Laughter n the happy voices of young people joined the loud music that spilled out across the dark paddocks where sheep quitely grazed.
Armaan Mallik was going away,setting out to travel the world, and his family n friends were sending him off in style.
'Have u seen Riddhima?' niki asked him as he topped up her wine glass.
'i am sure i have,'armaan replied'she was here a minute ago.'niki replied 'i have been looking for her everywhere'' "i will keep an eye out.If i see her i will let her know that you are looking for her." 
But by the time he had completed a circuit of the big living room the verandas,Armaan still had not seen riddhima and he felt uneasy.Surely she would not leave the party with out saying goodbye.She was,in many ways,his best friend.
He went to the front steps n looked out across the garden,saw a couple suspiciuosly like hi sister Muskaan and Rahul kissing,but there was still no sign of riddhima.
She wasn't in the kitchen either.Armaan searched for her.His brother Sid came in to grab another bottle from the fridge.   
'Seen riddhima?'armaan asked.
Sid shook his head and hurried away to his latest female conquest.
a movement outside on the back veranda caught his attention .It was dark out there n he saw a slim figure in a pale dress,leaning against the railing ,staring out in the dark night.
"riddhima?"
She jumped at the sound of his voice.
"i have been looking for u everywhere,are u okay?"
"i had a headache."she spoke in a shaky voice"so i came outside for a bit of fresh air."
"has it helped?"
"yes thanks i feel much better."
armaan moved beside her and rested his arms on the railing, looking out,as she was,across the dark sky.
For the past four years the two of them had been away at the Sydney University,two friends from the tiny country town of willowbank,a drift in a sea of thousands of strangers.Their friendship had deepened during the ups and downs of student life, but now those years were behind them.
riddhima had come home to start work as a country vet while armaan who had studied  geology,was heading as far away as possible,hurrying overseas hungry for adventure n new experiences.
"You r going to miss thi place, won't u?"she said
armaan laughed."i doubt it."His brother,sid would be here to help their father,Billy Mallik.It was the life sid, as the eldest son,was born to ,what he wanted.For armaan,escape had never beckoned more sweetly."i wish u were coming too."
Riddhima made a soft groaning sound "
don't start that again armaan."
"sorry.I just can not understand why u don't want to escape,too." 
"and play gooseberry to u n maya?how much fun would tha be?"
the little catch in riddhima's voice alarmed armaan.
"but we would meet others nd u could make lot of friends.just like u always have."
riddhima had arrived at willowbank during their last year at high school and she had quickly fitted into armaan's close circle.But because they had shared a mutual interest in science, she and armaan had become really good friends.
He looked at her now,standing on the veranda in the moonlight ,looking beautiful with sparkly blue eyes and soft pale skin.
A strange lump of hot metal burned in his throat.
Riddhima lifted her face to him and he saw a tear run down her cheek.
"hey,basket."he used her nick name and forced a shaky laugh."don't tell me you are going to miss me."
"of course i won't miss you."she cried.
Shocked,armaan reached out to her.She was wearing a strapless dress and his hands closed over her bare shoulders.
"Riddhima,"he whispered but as he turned her he was moved by her tears.
His heart behaved strangely.He felt the heated softness of skin and when he reached the dainty curve of her tear-dampened lips,he knew that he had to kiss her.
He couldn't resist her and with the urgency of a wild-bee discovering the world's most tempting honey,armaan pulled her closer and kissed her. Riddhima wound her hands around his neck and he could feel her softness pressed against his chest.His body caught fire.
How could this be happening?
 Where on earth had riddhima learned to kiss ?like this?
she was so sweet and wild and passionate-turning him on like nothing he had ever known.
Was this really riddhima in his arms?
"riddhima?"Nikki's voice called suddenly."is that u out there,riddhima?"
Light flooded them.armaan and riddhima sprang apart and nikki stared at them,shocked.
They stared at each other,equally shocked.
"i am sorry",nikki said.
"no,it's okay"both said.
"we were just-"armaan began.
"saying goodbye,"riddhima finished and then she laughed.
Everyone relaxed.Nikki stopped blushing."sid thought u might like to make a speech soon,"she told him.
"a speech?"armaan said.
"a farewell speech."
"oh.yes.i had better say soething now before everyone gets too sloshed."
They went back inside and the spell was broken.
Everyone gathered around armaan and, as he looked out at the sea of faces and prepared to speak,he thought guiltily of maya,his girlfriend, waiting for him to join her in Sydney.Then he glanced at riddhima and saw no sign of tears.She was smiling and looking like her happy old self and he told himself everything was ok.
Already he was sure he had imagined the special magic in that kiss.
Edited by harshikarocks - 13 years ago
harshikarocks thumbnail
                      PART-1

There were days when riddhima gupta knew she was in the wrong job.A woman in her thirties with loudly ticking biological clock should not devote huge chunks of her time to deliver gorgeous babies.
Admittedly,the babies riddhima delivered usually had four legs and a tail,but that did not stop them from being impossibly cute,and it certainly did not stop her from longing for a baby.Just one baby of her own to hold and to love.
The longing swept to her mow as she knelt i the straw beside the calf she had just delivered.As she shifted the newborn closer to his exhausted mother's head, she felt an all too familiar wrench on her heartstrings.
 The cow opened her eyes and began to lick her calf slowly and riddhima smiled as the newborn strugged closer.She never tired of this miracle.
  Within minutes, the little calf was wobbling to his feet,butting at his mother's site,already urging him to join in a game.
Nothing could beat the joy of new life.
Except....this idyllic scene was an uncomfortable reminder that riddhima had a very little chance of becoming a mother. She had already suffered one miscarriage and now there was afailed IVF treayment behind her.She was sure she was running out of time because of the women in her family having an early track record of her biological clock counting off the months,days,hours,minutes.
Tick,tock,tick,tock.
Swallowing a sigh riddhima stood slowly and saw that the shadows had lengthened across the golden grass of the home paddock.
"What's the time?"she asked atul joshi, the farmer who had called her in panic severoul hours earlier.
Instead of checking his wrist,atul turned slowly and squinted at the daylight outside."just gone five."
"already?"riddhima checked her watch"i am supposed to be at a wedding rehearsal by half past five"
Atul's eyes widened with surprise."don't tell me you are getting married, riddhima?"
"Me?Heavens,no.Nikita Mallik's the lucky girl getting married.I am just a bridesmaid."
Again, she added silently.
The farmer did not try to hide his relief. "I am glad u haven't been snapped up.The willlow creek district cannot afford to have you whisked away from us."
"Well,there's not much chance"
"Most folks around u here reckon you are the best vet we have ever had."
"thanks,atul."riddhima sent him a grateful smile.She went to the adjoining room to clean up.
She really,really loved her job and she had done a really hard work for many years before the local farmers finally placed their trust in a mere 'slip of girl'.But she certainly didn't want to be married to it!   

"For Armaan Mallik,coming home to willowbank always felt like stepping back in time. In ten years the sleepy country town had barely charged.
The wide main street was still filled with the same old fashioned flowerbeds. The bank,the council chambers they all looked exactly the same whe armaan first left home.
Today,as he climbed out of his father's truck,the familiar landmarks took on a dreamlike quality.But when he pushed open the gate that led to the white wooden church when tomorrow hi best mate would marry one of his oldest friends,he couldn't help thinking that this sense of time standing still was a mere illusion.
And here was the funny thing.Armaan had left sleepy old willowbank,eager to shake its dust from hid heels and to make his mark on the world.
From inside the church the wailing cries of a baby sounded, a clear signal of the changes that had taken place.Armaan's sister Muskaan appeared at the church door,jiggling a howling ginger-headed infant on her hip.
When she saw her brother,her face broke into a huge smile.
"armaan, i am so glad u made it.Gosh,it's lovely to see you."Reaching out,she beckoned him closer,gave him a one-armed hug."Heavens, big brother,have i shrunk or have you grown even taller?"
"Maybe the weight of motherhood is wearing you down."Armaan stooped to kiss her,then smiled as he studied her face."I take that back Muskaan. I don't think you have ever looked happier."
"I know,"she said beaming."It's amazing isn't it?" I seem to have discovered my inner Earth Mother."
He grinned and patted her baby's arm."this must be Jasper.The baby was the dead ringer for his father,Rahul,right down to his hair.
Jasper stopped crying and stared at armaan with big blue eyes,shiny with tears.
"Gosh,that shut him up."muskaan grinned and winked."you must have the knack,armaan. I knew you'd be perfect uncle material."
Armaan chuckled to cover up an abrupt slug of emotion that had caught him by surprise.
Muskaan's baby was incredibly cute.His skin was soft perfectly smooth,his eyes bright and clear.There were dimples on his chubby hands and,crikey,dimples on his knees.And,even though he was only four months old.,he was unmistakably sturdy and masculine.
"what a great little guy"he said,his voice rough around edges.
Muskaan was watching him shrewdly."ever thought of having a little boy of your own,armaan?"
He covered his sigh wuth a lopsided grin."We both know i have been too much of a gypsy."
Reluctant to meet his sister's searching gaze , armaan atudied a stained glass window and found himself remembering a church in canada,where,only days ago,he had attented the funeral of a work colleague.He could still see the earnest face of his friend's ten-year old son.
Hell if he think about that father and son relationship now, he'd be a mess in no time.
Hunting for a distraction,Armaan slid a curious glance towards  the chattering group."i hope i am not late?"
"No,don't fret.hey everyone!"muskaan raised her voice "armaan is here."
The chatter stopped.How good it was to see them all again.Rahul,muskaan's stolid farmer husband,was grinning like a cheshire cat as he held baby mia,jasper's twin sister.
Nikita,the bride-to-be,looked incredibly happy as she stood with her bridegroom's arm about her shoulders.
Niki was marrying Abhimanyu Modi and armaan could not get over the changes in Abhi.The two men had worked together on a mine site and they had quickly become great mates, but armaan could have sworn that abhi was not of marrying kind.
No one had been more stunned when abhi,chief breaker of feminine hearts,had fallen like a ton of bricks for Nikita Mallik.
One look at abhi's face now,however,and armaan couldn't doubt the truth out of it.He had never looked so happy.
As for niki........armaan had known her all her life.....but now she looked .......well,there was only one word .........
Niki looked TRANSFORMED.
He couldn't detect any sign that she had recently given birth to twins--to rahul and muskaan's babies,in fact, in a wonderful surrogacy arrangement.Niki was not only slim once again but she had acquired a new confidence that blazed in her eyes.
All this armaan noticed as everyone gathered around him,offering kisses,handshakes and backslaps.
"so glad you could make it,"Abhi said,pumping his hand.
"try to keep me away, mate.I'd pay good money to see you take the plunge tomorrow."
"we are just waiting for the minister and his wife,"niki said."And for Riddhima."

RIDDHIMA πŸ˜²

finally the part is completed .......will update it further after getting comments from u ........pls comment whether it is good or bad or u can press the like tab too...........and if u want pm pls add me to ur buddy's list..........
krazy4kash thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
hey continue it soon................really liked the concept n all..............plzzzzz pm me when u update

luv
kj
DreamerReality thumbnail
heyyy
nice concept!!
and an awesum update
i'd luv to read more
so do add me to ur PM list!!
do update soon!!

-kinnari
harshikarocks thumbnail
                                                   PART-2
"We are just waiting for the minister and his wife,"niki said."And for riddhima."
RIDDHIMA

It was ages since armaan had seen riddhima,and he had never been happy about the way they had drifted apart,although it had seemed necessary at that time."Is riddhima coming to the wedding rehearsal?
"of course,"niki said."didn't you know?riddhima is a bridesmaid."
"i thought muskaan was the bridesmaid."
Muskaan laughed."you haven't being paying attention,armaan. Technically,i am the matron of honour because i am an old married woman.Riddhima's the bridesmaid,you are the best man and rahul is stepping in as a groomsman because abhi's cousin can't get away."
"I see. Of course."
It made sense.If armaan had given any proper thought to the make-up of the wedding party,he should have known that niki would ask riddhima to be a bridesmaid.She was a vital member of their old 'gang'.
And he was totally cool about seeing her again,even though their relationship had been complicated since his brother's death eight years ago.
He was surprised,that was all,by the unexpected catch in his breath at the thought of seeing her again.

Riddhima glanced in the rear-view mirror as herHer hair was limp and in dire need of a shampoo and she knew she looked decidedly scruffy.
She had cleaned up carefully after delivering the calf,but she couldn't be sure that her hair and clothes were completely free of mud or straw.Steering one-handed,she tried to finger-comb loose strands into some kind of tidiness.
She wasn't wearing any make-up and she was already in danger of arriving late for niki's wedding rehearsal,so she did not have time to duck home for damage control.Not that it really mattered;tomorrow was the big day,after all.Not today.
But armaan mallik would be at the rehearsal.
He was going to be the best man at this wedding.
And why, after all this time, should that matter? Her crush on armaan was an ancient history.Water under the bridge.He was simply an old friend she had almost lost touch with.
At least that was what she'd told herself for the past three months, ever since niki had announced her engagement and wedding plans.But as she reached the outskirts of the town, riddhima's body, to her annoyance,decided otherwise.
One glimpse of the little white church and the mallik family's elderly truck parked among the other vehicles and riddhima's chest squeezed painfully.She felt as if she was breathing through cotton wool and her hands slipped on the steering wheel.
Her heart thumped.
Good grief,this was crazy.She'd known for twelve weeks now that armaan would be a member of the wedding party.Why had she waited until the last moment to fall apart?
She parked the car, dragged in a deep breath and closed her eyes,gave herself a stern lecture.She could do this.She was going to walk inside that little church with an easy stride and a smile on her face.She couldn't do much about her external appearance, but at least no one need guess she was a mess inside.
She would rather die than let on that she was jealous of niki for marrying a heart-throb like abhi.And she wouldn't turn the slightest hint of green when she cuddled muskaan and rahul's babies.
More importantly, she would greet armaan serenely.
She might even drop a light kiss on his cheek.After all,if her plans to marry armaan's brother siddhant hadn't been cruelly shattered, she would have been his sister-in-law.
OK.
She was only a few minutes late so she took a moment to check that her blouse was neatly tucked into her khaki jeans.Her boots were abit dusty so she hastily wiped them with a tissue.
Then she dived through the church doorway, cheery smile plastered in place and apologies for her lateness.
THUD.Armaan was standing at the end of the aisle, in front of  the chancel steps and chatting to abhi.
Surreptitiously, riddhima devoured familiar details--the nut brown sheen of his hair,the outdoor glow on his skin and the creases at the corners of his eyes and mouth, his long legs in faded blue jeans.
As if these weren't enough to raise her temperature, she saw baby mia, in a froth of pink, curled sleepily into the crook of armaan's arm.
The tiny girl and the big man together made an image that she'd guiltily pictured in her most secret dreams and the sight of them now sucked vital air from her lungs.
Somehow she managed to walk down the aisle.
"riddhima!"niki called."I was about to ring you."
"I am sorry i am late. I was held up with a tricky calving."
She was surprised she could speak normally when her attention was riveted by riddhima, not just by amazing he looked with that tiny pink bundle in his arms, but by the way his head swung abruptly at the sound of her voice and the way he went still and his eyes blazed suddenly.
Riddhima felt as if the entire world had stopped, except for the frantic beating of her heart.
Thank heavens no one else seemed to notice.
"Don't worry," niki was telling her calmly."we haven't been here long.I have just been going over the music with the organist."
Everything was so suddenly normal and relaxed that riddhima was sure she had misjudged armaan's reaction.He certainly looked mega-cool and calm now as he greeted her.His light touch on her shoulder as he bent to kiss her and the merest brush of his lips  on her cheek scalded her, but armaan's grey eyes were perfectly calm.
He even looked mildly amused when he greeted her."Good to see you again, riddhima."
In a matter of moments the babies were handed over to the minister's wife and daughter, who cooed and fussed over them in the front pew, while the members of the wedding party were taken through their paces.
Armaan, as the best man, would partner muskaan.Riddhima would process with rahul.So that was a relief. At least she didn't have to link arms and walk down the aisle with armaan at the end of tomorrow's ceremony.
Riddhima had been a bridesmaid twice before so she knew the ropes, but the minister wanted to explain every step of the service, and the rehearsal seemed to drag on and on.
On the plus side, she had time to calm down. This wedding was going to be a crinch.
Anyway it was the height of self-indulgence to keep thimking about herself.Tomorrow was going to be niki's wedding.Riddhima, along with the entire population of willowbank, loved warm-heated,generous nikita mallik and the whole township would probably turn out to watch her marry the hunky man of her dreams.
Riddhima didn't want a single event or unhappy thought to mar this wedding's perfection.
Armaan who?
By the time the rehearsal was over, it was already dark outside, with a fragile fingernail moon hanging above the post office clock.The group dispersed quickly.Muskaan and rahul wanted to hurry home to get their babies settled.niki and abhi had to dash away  to a special dinner niki's parents were hosting.
And Riddhima wanted to hurry home to her 'boys', as she affectionately called her dogs.The dogs enjoyed each others company, but if she was away, they were always frantic to see her.
She was fishing in her pocket for car keys when she felt a tap on her elbow.She swung around to find herself trapped by Armaan Mallik's smile, like a startled animal caught in a car's headlights.

........pls comment whether it is good or bad or u can press the like tab too...........and if u want pm pls add me to ur buddy's list..........

hayyeee u posted another partπŸ˜ƒ!! yaeyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! mere xamz hai nai toh u wud hv got loads of comments frm me par abhi toh i cant comment much ya!! i was soo eagerly waiting 4 another update frm u!! thnk u shooo much!!!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Riddss thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
heyyy dear,
nice part
continue soon

love
Riddss
harshikarocks thumbnail
thanks for all ur lovely comments 

kavyaa i just have two more holidays nd then i won't be able to update everyday because of my schl
shreyshrey thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
just read ur ff
really good
continue soon....

can i know what novel it is inspired from?

love
shreya