sweet scorpio thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
nice.....

continue soon!
shalini_s thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
poor Geet.. still worried abt her daughter.. make DN go away..
dhrashtee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
lovely update.... loved the interview.... waiting for maaneet romance... pls cont soon
prerna1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome
plz continue soon
-afsha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nice update
Geet is worrying a lot
But her worry is sumwhr rght also
We can never trust NT so
Hop they secure Priya's future for the whole life
Antares thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Nice update! Do continue soon.
shining_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
nice update
so the culprits r finally punished
wat will maan do???
can't wait for the next part
update soon
laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
Nothing Can Keep Us Apart

Part 82 - Keeping his promise

Keeping his promise to Geet, Maan got busy working on a plan to protect their daughter. This plan resulted in Geet once again appearing in court, but for a very different purpose. She already considered Maan to be the only father of her baby, but this hearing would now determine the legality of that relationship. Geet held sleeping Priya anchored against her shoulder with one hand, while the other was clasped tightly by Maan. They sat in the courtroom with the rest of their family, following the advice of their family lawyer. Each person was praying that the judge would rule in their favor.

"This is definitely one of the more unusual cases I've listened to in my time as a judge. On the surface, the question could be asked if this hearing is even necessary. Mr. and Mrs. Khurana were married at the time of their daughter's birth, and Mrs. Khurana considers Mr. Khurana to be the father of her child. However, after listening to the background information and the Khurana's concerns about Mr. Dev Khurana, I agree that a ruling by this court is necessary."

"Under the provisions of The Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act of 1956, in the case of illegitimate children, the biological mother's claim takes precedent over that of the biological father, while still taking into account, said father's rights. However, in the case of Dev Khurana and his conduct to Mrs. Khurana, formerly Miss Geet Handa, his actions have seriously called into question his parental rights. It is the belief of this court that these actions, as well as his subsequent actions while living in Mumbai, have shown a severe lack in judgement, and a propensity towards illegal activity. While the court can find no evidence of mental incompetence, his behavior over the last year has caused this court no alternative but to find Dev Khurana unfit to be a parent."

"Regarding the adoption of minor Priya Savitri Khurana by Maan Singh Khurana, this court finds that under The Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act of 1956, all conditions for legal adoption have been met, and the Republic of India now legally recognizes Maan Singh Khurana as the father of Priya Savitri Khurana."

As the judge lowered his gavel, indicating the end of the hearing, Geet cried tears of joy while Maan enveloped her in a hug. Savitri thanked their lawyer for all his work, and the rest of the family congratulated Geet and Maan on the favorable outcome. Through all the commotion, little Priya slept peacefully, unaware that her place in the Khurana family had been legally secured.

Precap:

And Thanks Goes To:

Adoption - Indian Adoption Law So, if I understand how the law works, in real life I don't think the judge would have accepted that Maan could adopt Priya, because Geet is the mother and was not giving Priya up. Maybe Maan could be made a guardian? Anyway, I really wanted Maan to adopt Priya, so I took a little creative license here.

Who Got There First:

Nothing this time.

PM Disclaimer: I have not stopped sending pms to anyone. If you are no longer getting pms, you might have reached the maximum allowed. Try cleaning out your inbox.

Yes, it was very short. See next update.