Frequent Posters

maaneetfan123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
amazing update love ur ff................carry onšŸ˜Š
Preethi-Premi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Excellent dear!!!! I am stumped with the way you are handeling the relationship! It would be so good if people do it in real life...šŸ‘šŸ‘
anufa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
amazing.....long update!!!!

continue ASAP!!!!

Part 37 O re Piyaā€¦

<Geet's monologue>

The dance studio was dimly lit. I feared as I was stepping on holy ground. I remembered all the times I had begged Darji to let me go to dance class and the all the times I would secrectly practice the steps from the TV in my room. Main tho Madhuri Dixit ki deewani thiā€¦I just wanted to dance like her.  I guess my time has finally come.

They were all forming lines already. Babaji, I hope I'm not late. The fact that he was in the next room with Meer was making me even more nervous.

Destiny works in mysterious ways. I was walking back from the grocery shop, when I stopped by the dance studio, imagining all the time he spent here. Meer and Maan were not there and I happened to watch these dancers do a fusion kathak. I fell in love with it instantly and enrolled.

Guess he was right; life is not all that random. If Meer and Maan had not joined here, I wouldn't have stopped to watch and would have never enrolled. Collectively our lives didn't seem random at all now.

Dance Director:"So all new students, stand in the front, we have to gauge your level."

I was scared. It had been many years since I moved any part of my body to a tune.

Dance Director:"I want to tell you people that we are doing a performance for Asha foundation. Please sign up if you are interested. This choreo session will steer towards the Asha foundation as well.

I was thinking of a dance dramaā€¦an emotional oneā€¦ based on India's partition.

By the way it's an all female cast. Apparently none of the male students wanted to sign up for Katak fusion."

The whole class giggled.

They were all casually dressed in suit with gungroo. I was new and with a good guess I dressed in a suit and was bare foot inside the studio.

A senior student came in front of us and did some steps.

Dance Director:"Ok so all the three of you repeat after her."

I was extremely nervous, but I tried to mimick her as much as possible.

We finished the complete chunks of steps she performed and I was waiting for the verdict.

Dance Director:"You go back. You two stayā€¦.Sanaā€¦I want to see them emote"

I and the other girl stayed back.

Dance Director:"Happy, sad, anger, agony, desperation, pain, helplessnessā€¦I want all of them Sanaā€¦"

Sana, the senior student, did each one of them and we followed.

Ofcourse I didn't have any issues with the last couple of them. Haven't I been living them every day?

Agony was last. I caught a glimpse of him with Meer, in the next class. Ofcourse I was sure I would have aced it.

The director was still not convinced or did I interpret it that way, I wasn't sure.

Dance Director:"Sana, play the song, I was to see a short choreo"

Sana:"But Maam, we are getting late for the session"

DanceDirector:"Just do what I asked you to do."

She was authoritative. Her eyes lined thick with kohl gave out her disapproval. Her seniority, experience and passion for the dance, reflected in her form and posture. She had my full reverence.

She looked at us and wanted to given an introduction.

Dance Director:"This is the separation scene between the lovers and I was thinking of this song. Put yourself in the situation and do itā€¦Here they are separating and this is the first time she feels her love for himā€¦they are never to see each other again. Quick I want 1 minute each."

I didn't sign up for audition and I had never felt what she was asking me to emote. I did feel separation for Dev for a very short while, but not because of the love, but becaue mujhe uske adadat pad gayi thiā€¦

Sana was not going to do the step for us to reproduce it. It was our own impromptu session.

The other girl went first. She kept doing it a couple of times as she was not getting it right.

I went close to the glass partition from where I could see him and Meer. He caught a glimpse of me.

<Maan's monologue>

Waitā€¦is that Geetā€¦.

Maan:"Meera, Kya tumhe pata hain ki Geet yahan pe kya kar rahi hain?"

Meera:"Nahinā€¦.She is in the classical school?"

Our instructor announced a quick break.

I thanked my luck and walked to the partition to catch hold of her. But she had to go. What was she doing? Is this an audition?

The song started playing (O re piyaā€¦from Aaja Nachele). I couldn't see her face, but I could clearly make out her steps. I was under a spell.

<Geet's monologue>

I started without knowing what to expect. I just remembered all the steps I had ever done and for one minute thought about all the pain I had been under going. His faceā€¦

Nazrein bolen duniya bole
dil ki zaban haaye dil ki zubaan

Do my eyes really speak my heart to him? I remembered all the times I locked my gaze with him.

I twirled and faced him. I was stuck I couldn't move further. His eyes were locked on me. I felt a strange pain; my feet felt heavy to move.

Ishq maange ishq chahe koi toofan
Chalna aahiste ishq naya hai

I turned to face away from him. I continued with my steps. Indeed this storm was lashing out on me. I need an oar to get to the shoreā€¦.babajiā€¦

Why were these sentences driving me crazy? ā€¦yeh mujhe itna dard kyon ho raha hain? Mere paas hi tho kade hain.

Chalna aahisteā€¦yesā€¦.I can't make hasteā€¦.Ishq naya haiā€¦I shied awayā€¦

Pehla yeh vada humne kiya hai
I remembered my promise to him in central park. His promise to walk beside me in Niagaraā€¦ Babajiā€¦Why did they choose this song?
O re piya haye..
O re piya haye..
O re piya
Piyaaaaa....
yehhh piya.
It was already one minute. I was continuing with my steps. Sana went ahead to switch off the song when the Director asked her not to stop. She signaled me to continue. Sana didn't like it in anyway.
Nange pairo pe angaro
chalti rahi haaye chalti rahi
Lagta hai ke gairo mein
Palti rahi haaye

I wondered how many times I had turned to look at him, just to catch a glimpse of himā€¦in the hallways, in the meeting rooms, in the elevator, at home, everywhere. It ached terribly.  Why did the whole world disappear in front of him?I turned to look at him. He was still there.

I couldn't stop; I had to continue as the song was still playing.

le chal wahan jo
Mulk tera hai
Jahil zamana
dushman mera hai

Those were the exact sentences I wanted to tell him the first time I was holding his hands at the gym sit-out after we came back from Toronto. Is this a coincidence?

The song stopped and a strange silence was in the air. I was scared to face it now that I have come in terms with it. I stopped.

Dance Director:"Okā€¦.what did you say your name was?"

Geet:"Geet"

Dance Director:"I didn't expect it to be an audition, but you both girls did well for newbie's, so I wanted to see if you can take up the female lead in the drama."

Geet:"Ji. I just signed up for 10 sessions. I'm not signing up for the show"

She seemed to be a lady who would not give compliments easily, but I was surprised by what followed.

Dance Directort:"Too bad. I wanted to give you the female lead. Okā€¦fall back into positions now."

That was worth more than thousand accolades I could have won in my lifetime. Coming from her it meant a lot to me.

<Maan's monologue>

I was surprised that she was so good at it. I didn't hear the conversation with her instructor, but she was beautiful and mesmerizing.  It seemed like an innate quality of hers. She emoted perfectly and it showed so much painā€¦andā€¦.Lā€¦Oā€¦Vā€¦Eā€¦ could it be? She looked traumatized as if she was fighting something inside her.

<Geet's monologue>

I was overjoyed by the attention in class. I had already made a small group. Everyone kept asking me if I had taken classes before. I danced without any shyness now given all the encouragement I got.

The class was over and I went to sign off the attendance sheet. The director was sitting on the desk and I was the last one left behind in the class.

Dance Director:"Did you learn in India?"

Geet:" Jiā€¦Nahinā€¦sirf TV mein dek kar practice kar le the thi"

Dance Director:"Hmmā€¦.class regularly aanaā€¦Actually I feel weird doing this in NYā€¦.I hope you don't mind if I give you a suggestionā€¦"

Geet:"Jiā€¦.pleaseā€¦Steps kuch galat kar rahin hoon kya?"

Dance Director:"Don't think too muchā€¦.dont question and fight itā€¦.I could see it in your eyes when you were doing the choreoā€¦"

There was a short pause. Her face was stern as if not to show any concern for me at that moment, but I couldn't help feeling it in her statement.

Dance Director: "basā€¦that's it for today. Good night then.."

She took her bag and left but halfway through suddenly paused to come back.

Dance Director:"I think music and dance gets the better of youā€¦have thisā€¦"

She took out a single layer of gungroo from her bag and gave it to me.  It was not the professional ones that the other ones wore. I guessed that must be for newbie's or kids.

Dance Director"Hopefully this will lead you to wherever you want to goā€¦alrightā€¦bye"

Geet:"Jiā€¦thanksā€¦bye"

I was touchedā€¦I didn't have any words for what I got. It was indeed a true blessing.

My mind went back to her statementā€¦" Don't think too muchā€¦.dont question and fight it".  Her statement scared me. Was I giving it away all this while? Does he already know?

I grabbed my dupatta and bag to exit the studio. He and Meer were waiting outside.

I didn't have the guts to meet his eyes.

Meera:"Padki gayiā€¦.why didn't you tell me that you danced so wellā€¦.I didn't even have a clue all these yearsā€¦"

I still didn't want to look at him.

Geet:"Aisa kuch nahinā€¦I just never knew I could do itā€¦I had never gone for classesā€¦"

<Maan's monologue>

She was a natural. I was so proud of her.

We kept walking and strangely she didn't turn to look at me even once or strike a conversation with me for that matter. She was alright when I saw her one hour ago. What has changed now?

<Geet's monologue>

We reached the apartment. Maan walked us to the apartment door. Meer went in and as I was about to get in, I was stuck in a dilemma if I should turn to see him off. I had not spoken a word until then. Babaji muj me shakthi nahin hain vunke aakhon mein dekne ke liyeā€¦agar main kuch galat kar beti thoā€¦

I was walking in when he stopped me by tugging my wrist. I turned to face him.He came closer.I was shocked, but instead reached out to the door handle to close the apartment door.

He turned us around, as if to keep me from going inside the apartment. His back was to the door now.

I tried to go around him to get the door.

Maan:"Geetā€¦.mujhe avoid kyon kar rahi hoā€¦.aurā€¦ek bar mud kar bhi nahi dekhiā€¦baatein karna to doorā€¦"

I lifted my head to meet his eyes for the first timeā€¦.first timeā€¦.I felt I was looking at him in a whole different light. He seemed different in every way. I was lost in his eyes. I didn't even realize that he could read me.

Maan:"Geetā€¦tum dance karte waqtā€¦bahuth khooā€¦."

His words trailed off but his eyes completed itā€¦."Bahuth khoobsorat thiā€¦"

I was in a trance. I didn't understand what this moment was. My world was changing as I was standing there locked in his gaze.

I had no control over me. My eyes fell on a lash that had fallen on his cheek.I raised my hand to pick it up. As I was trying to pick it up, his hand clutched mine and his expression changed as if he knew something. He yearned for somethingā€¦.

I kept moving closer to read into his gaze what it wasā€¦..

<Maan's monologue>

Geet, bolo geet, what do you see in me? What are you trying to find out? Or are you telling me something?

She started coming close to me.Does she realize what she was doing? My hand was clutching hers and our hands were in mid air.

I turned to look away.I didn't know what I would end up doing.

Maan:"Geetā€¦tumhe ho kya raha hain?...ab tak mujse nazarein chura rahi thiā€¦aura abā€¦"

She understood what I was talking about.

Geet:"Jiā€¦.mujhe jaana hainā€¦chodiyeā€¦"

I left her hand. There was a moment of awkwardness, both of us were fidgeting. We both turned awayā€¦

Maan:"Haanā€¦.byeā€¦kal office mein dekte hainā€¦"

<Geet's monologue>

He didn't wait for me to say anything. He walked staright to the elevator and didn't turn to look back once.

I opened the door and ran to my bedroom. Meer was in the hallway and came running to my room.

I fell on my bed and couldn't help crying out loudly. It hurt so badly, this feeling for him.

I buried my face in her lap and cried.

Meera:"Geet tum teek tho ho?"

Geet:"Haanā€¦.kuch nahiā€¦"

Meera:"Kunch nahi kahkeā€¦itna kyon roo rahi hain? Kya hua?"

Geet:"Pleaseā€¦mujse kuch mat poochnaā€¦I don't know whyā€¦I'm hurting so much."

I don't know what she understood from my statement, she was silent.

She left after some time. It ached for me to feel so much for him, to want to be with him and yet in restraint by a bonded wedlock that did not exist in reality. It was a namesake. I didn't know how to break free. How did my life change so much? I regretted going to the dance studio. I was running through the emotions I had experienced when I was in the studio. It was unbearable to relive the emotions.  Pata nahin ki woh kab mere dil mein aaye aur kab apne liye jage bana diā€¦.

I was in between worlds wondering which way to goā€¦

This was yet another indulgence from my side. I have always felt, dance, music and lyrics are the best ways to feel passion and the different emotions.  I couldn't think of a best way for Geet to understand what she has for Maan....to live thought it minute by minute. Please watch out for madhuri's video of O re piya as well. She is a class apart.

Some dialogues and scenes have been inspired from Geet soap itself. I feel the FF characters have matured to the level to feel such passion for each other the same way Geet soap characters do. Please comment if you feel otherwise. would love to hear from you. 
IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Dance is one of the most sublime forms of expression, I have always felt. Glad u incorporated this in the update!

Water. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Hasini,

Wild Life Observer

Geet's Mono ' she felt like she was working for National Geographic, getting to observe him in his habitat'lolz'that was amazing yaar''v creative.

Geet asking permission to go for a parole to take a shower'..did Geet really need his permission?

Maan calling himself tubelight'.lolz'that was funny.

Maan is so cute'..I wish she had keys to come here on her own'..that was amazing.

Geet ' he was affected by my presence ..i affect him either ways'.it did not matter what time of day it was'.Geet read it in his eyes, the way he behaved'..his body language'

Maan is on a guilt trip 'when he is saying that he stooped so low yesterday during the meeting and he is criticizing himself so much. Why is he scared of losing her? The inner child is scared and fearful..of making a mistake '

Awww Maan fed her..so cute'.

Maan knew she wanted to ask about HER'.and he already answered before she could ask'

Maan ' after all she did not miss me or try to find me either!!! (anger, resentment'.would the scenario be different if she would have tried to find him? His expectations were not met here!! Had he really processed his emotions here or are they buried behind a wall of no longer caring about what happened')

I liked that Maan came to the realization that Geet's past was a part of her and it will always be. I am happy that he was able to feel the hurt in her'I loved how he was explaining to her that scars of the past will always be there but with time they will dissolve or fade away'

Geet's hand hugged him'..Wow'once again BOLD'.

N Maan gave her a peck on the lips''wow'..

Love

Rachana

Edited by aarmanshilpa - 13 years ago
Aarthi_01 thumbnail
OMG im dumbstruck u did again....u have penned each and every emotion of Geet in a awesome manner... loved it....
Water. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Hasini,

O re Piya''..this song has so much meaning in it'.it is close to my heart'.

As soon as I read the title'.it evoked emotions in me''

Destiny does in fact work in mysterious ways'it takes you to places which you do not even dream of. I agree life is not random at all'it is pre planned'.one thing leads to another'.and life changes..

Dancing can evoke so many emotions within a person'and specially Indian music the ways the words are'they have huge impact'and this song'.O re Piya'by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan'amazing song and amazing lyrics.

Nazrein bolen duniya bole, dil ki zaban haaye dil ki zubaan ' Yes Geet's eyes, really did speak her heart out'he was everything'.Maan was in her heart and it was written in her eyes'

Ishq maange ishq chahe koi toofan, Chalna aahiste ishq naya hai ' Love demands storms, it takes you through huge ups and down and you have to tread carefully or you can get swept away..not realizing its consequences'

Pehla yeh vada humne kiya hai ' the promise I made to you that I will always walk with you until you have felt it'.

Nange pairo pe angaro, chalti rahi haaye chalti rahi, Lagta hai ke gairo mein, Palti rahi haaye ' I kept walking and walking towards you, each step of mine brought me closer to you'you were a stranger, I did not even know you..yet'I wanted to come closer to you with each step'.because it felt like you were mine''

Le chal wahan jo, Mulk tera hai, Jahil zamana, dushman mera hai ' please take me with you wherever you are going, I will go with you wherever you tell me, cus my family will never understand..the society, the culture, the traditions'expect me to fulfill my marriage obligations'they want to tie me down in the lifeless relationship that I am in'

The dance directior told Geet, 'Don't think too much'.don't question and fight it'.I could see it in your eyes when you were doing the choreo'''she was resisting against her own feelings, the feelings that she was feeling for Maan'she was torn in between her LOVE and her obligations she had towards her marriage, her family, the society, the culture''it just hurt too much'..she wanted to live her life yet she was tied down with all the burdens of so called  societal norms, the rights and wrongs'...it just hurt too much...it was so unbearable...šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Rachana

Edited by aarmanshilpa - 13 years ago
shivangi783 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
@ Hasini, armaanshilpa and pushpi
I read all your replies. What I think is that it varies from person to person. No one wants to carry the past baggage with him/her but sometimes circumstances are such that one gets drawn towards the past. Also, I think it depends upon one's perspective about things, state of mind, will-power and many more things. Its not really easy to move on. 
Its just my amateur thinking!

Audiwalia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Loved it........... O re piya is one of favorite song nd is pal both from aaja nachle....... Glad u chosse o re piya 4r geet emotions......... Totaly agree wid ur statement that dance, music nd lyrics r best way to feel passion nd emotions.......